Potato dishes and dying love

You made me change for the better

 

“Seohyun-ssi, do you want to talk comfortably, I want to get to know you better” Seohyun blushed, it was the first time a guy made her heart beat so fast, it has never happened to her before.

“Sure, so should I call you ‘oppa’ then?” both Seohyun and Yonghwa blushed, even though they have been on countless blind dates, this one was special. They sat in silence until the waitress came and asked them what they wanted to order.

“Do you have nay potato dishes?” both of them asked at the same time. Both of them stared at each other and laughed, the waitress smiled and told them there were a few of the chef’s special that she could bring to their table.

“So you like potatoes also?” Yonghwa asked as soon as the waitress left, Seohyun nodded, she would choose it over hamburgers any day. Seohyun was starting to like him even more, now that they have one thing in common.

“Do you have any hobbies? I like to play the guitar and sing, it makes me feel relax” Yonghwa looked worried as Seohyun accidentally choked on her water after hearing him say that. He was so close to her ideal type! She apologized as her face went red, she felt embarrassed, it was the first meeting and she had already made a fool out of herself.

“No need to say sorry, I thought that was cute, you blush over every little thing” Yonghwa didn’t know why but he suddenly reached over and caressed her face, she gasped and looked down, her face even redder.

“Sorry, it’s just that no one had ever called me cute before, to answer your question, I like to read books on my free time. I don’t mean to sound creepy, but one other thing that I liked to do was listen to my appa play on his guitar. He used to always sing to me when I was sad to cheer me up, so when you said that you played the guitar, I was reminded of him” Seohyun started to tear up, her appa died a few years ago and talking about him always made her sad. Yonghwa wanted to reach over to wipe away the tears, but just as he got closer, the waitress brough the food and placed it on the table.

“Wow! I have never seen so many potato dishes before, I wonder how they taste like” Seohyun’s eyes brighten as she looked over the dishes. Yonghwa took his fork and picked up a piece of potatoe, he held it closer to Seohyun and motioned for her to take the first bite. She blushed as she hesitantly took the potato off the fork and started chewing; it melted in and was probably the best thing she ever ate.

“You should try some too, oppa, it tastes really good!” Yonghwa opened his mouth as Seohyun picked one up and placed it in his mouth.

“It tastes really sweet!” Seohyun was confused, did they add different spices to each piece, her piece wasn’t too sweet, and it just had her favourite potato taste.

“It tastes really sweet since you fed it to me. Oh god, that was so cheesy, sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable, I don’t know what’s wrong with me today. I’m usually not like this” Yonghwa shook his head, Seohyun was making him go crazy.

“It’s ok, oppa. You’re cute this way, I like it. Just promise not to say that again” Seohyun giggled, he’s different than other guys she met, he might be the one. Yonghwa was captivated by the sound of her laugh, it was the so addicting, and he didn’t want it to end. He promised himself he’s going to continue to make her laugh just to hear that sound.

 

Jongkey and 2min

“Do you think they’re having a good time? He practically the perfect person to be her ideal guy! He’s good looking, plays the guitar, and likes to sing!” Jonghyun kept on going on and on about Jung Yonghwa, if people didn’t know, they probably would’ve thought that he was in love with him.

“Calm down, hyung! Even if he’s the perfect person, but she doesn’t like him, then it’s pointless, we should ask Taemin and Key to ask her tomorrow. Right now, we should enjoy our date” Minho went to wash his hands and walked out of the washroom with Jonghyun, they went back to their table where Taemin and Key were waiting.

“Jongie, what should we order for dessert? I want the strawberry shortcake icecream, but I also want the rocky mountain sundae! I can’t eat two or else I’ll get fat!” Key was in a dilemma, Jonghyun had no idea how to answer him, he knows that Key wants both of them and if he chooses the wrong one, then he’s going to get an earful tonight.

“Yeobo, how about you order the strawberry one and I’ll order the sundae, then we can share. So in the end, you’re kind of eating one dessert but with two flavours” Key grinned, he was waiting for Jonghyun to say that, if he chose one or the other, then that means he thinks Key is fat and should only eat one. Jonghyun let out a sigh of relief, he dodged a bullet there, it was almost a no win situation. On the otherhand, Taemin only wanted the banana desserts. There was a total of 10 items and Taemin wanted all of them, but Minho was having none of that, he didn’t want him to get sick.

“No means no, Taemin. You are not going to finish all 10 desserts, remember last time, you only ate a bit from each and said you were full. I’m sure you’re going to do that again, so no!” Taemin flinched when Minho said that, he pouted. Minho had never spoken to him this way, he wanted to cry but he wasn’t going to let Minho see him so weak. When the waitress came to take their order, Taemin stayed silent, Key and Jonghyun ordered their strawberry shortcake icecream and the rocky mountain sundae. Minho ordered a simple vanilla icecream and helped Taemin order a banana split since he didn’t say anything. When the dessert came, Jonghyun and Key was being all lovey dovey, and feeding each other. They didn’t notice that Taemin didn’t touch his banana split a bit, but Minho did.

“Minnie, what’s wrong? You don’t like your dessert?” Taemin didn’t say anything except stare down at the table. Minho was starting to get worried, was Taemin’s tummy hurting? He patted Taemin’s head but also got no response; suddenly Taemin stood up and walked out.

“Minho, what did you do?!” Key suddenly glared at Minho, the only time he had seen Taemin act like this was when he’s trying to hold back his tears. Minho shrugged his shoulder.

“I don’t know, he was like after I told him he couldn’t order all 10 items on the menu, and then he was like that until he walked out” Minho walked out and was just in time to see Taemin get into a taxi and watched it drive off. He went back into the restaurant and told Key what happened. They decided to pay the bill and go home, just in case something was wrong with Taemin. After 20 minutes, Minho arrived home and when he walked through the door, he saw Taemin’s shoes.

“Minnie? Are you ok?” Minho searched the first floor but he was nowhere to be found, he then went upstairs and saw Taemin sleeping on their bed. Minho smiled and walked over, he thought that Taemin was tired so he came home early. Minho pulled the covers higher until it covered Taemin’s shoulder and was walking out when he heard a sniffle. Minho walked back over and stared at Taemin’s face, he looked peaceful, until a tear escaped his eyes and flowed down his cheek.

“Minnie?! What’s wrong? Answer me!” Minho gently shook his shoulder, but all Taemin did was cover his head with the blanket. Not once did Taemin answer him, Minho was getting worried, so he decided to call Key and ask him to come over.

“Hello, Key?” there was panting on the other line and a quiet moan.

“Hello, Minho? W-what’s wrong? Is Taemin feeling alr- alright?” Key sounded like he was having a hard time forming words; he and Jonghyun must be doing it right now.

“I don’t know when I got home, I saw him sleeping on the bed, but then he started crying. When I asked him what was wrong, he didn’t answer me but instead covered his head and ignored me. Can you come over? I think there might be something wrong with Taemin right now” Minho heard rustling and heard someone groan out in pain after a thud.

“Jongie, stop it! We have to go over to Minho’s house, something might be wrong with Taemin!” Key’s voice was getting more normal and you could hear Jonghyun groaning in disappointment. Minho hung up and after 15 minutes, Key and Jonghyun arrived.

“What happened, Froggie?! What did you do to Taebaby?” Key looked scary as he kept on glaring at Minho while Jonghyun was holding him back.

“I don’t know! Maybe you should go up and see how he’s doing. He hadn’t said a word to me ever since, I just hope he’s not in pain or anything” Key shot Minho another death glare and quickly walked up the stairs. Jonghyun walked over to Minho’s side and placed a hand on his shoulder.

“Don’t worry, I’m sure Taemin’s fine, Key will fix everything” Minho nodded, he hope so.

“Taebaby, its umma! How are you feeling?” Key poked his head into the room and saw Taemin under the blanket. He walked over and gently pulled the blanket off. His heart broke, Taemin was silently crying, his eyes were closed but Key could tell that he was trying to hold back his tears but was unsuccessful.

“Taebaby, tell umma what happened? Why are you crying like this?” Key pulled Taemin up into a hug and placed Taemin’s head on his shoulder, while he gently rubbed his back.

“U-umma. Today, I think I found out that Minho hyung doesn’t l-love me anymore!” Taemin was stuttering and hiccupping at the same time, it just made Key’s heart break seeing his baby this way.

“What do you mean? Minho still loves you, what made you think otherwise?” Key started patting his head, trying to sooth his crying.

“I t-think he’s getting t-tired of me, I think he finds m-me annoying now” Taemin sobbed as he tightened his hold on Key’s body. Key kept on rubbing his back, rocking him back and forth for 10 minutes until Taemin finally fell asleep, too exhausted from crying. Key laid Taemin down on the bed and gently wiped his face; he pulled the blanket to cover Taemin’s body and started walking downstairs. Key was fuming; Minho must have said something to make Taemin felt that way, and he was determined to find out what.

“Minho...come into the kitchen for a moment” Minho was starting to get scared, he could hear Key’s voice was laced with poison, he slowly walked into the kitchen with Jonghyun following behind and saw Key leaning on the counter.

“What did you say to Taemin?” Key crossed his arms and continued to stare at him.

“What do you mean? Everything was fine!” Key scoffed, he can’t believe how clueless Minho was.

“Everything’s not fine! You know what Taemin told me? He said that today he realized that you don’t love him anymore and you’re starting to get tired of him. Can you tell me why Taemin would say that?!” Key was nearly screaming as he pushed Minho against the wall. Minho started racking through his mind, he couldn’t remember anything significant that would have made Taemin think that, unless...

“I’m going to go upstairs and going to explain directly to Minnie. How could he think that I don’t love him anymore? It was just a misunderstanding and I’m going upstairs to fix it now” Minho with a determined face walked upstairs and opened their bedroom door. Sleeping on the bed was Taemin, looking very peaceful, his chest moving up and down and his plump lips slightly opened.

“Minnie...wake up” Minho shook Taemin’s shoulder and he watched him stir, as soon as Taemin opened his eyes, they were filled with water and his hands were on the blanket, getting ready to cover himself again.

“Lee Taemin, I want you to listen to my words carefully. What I said at the restaurant, I didn’t mean for it to come out so harshly, I just wanted to get my point across that you can’t eat 10 desserts at one sitting. Remember last time when we went to the restaurant and you ordered 5 banana splits?” Taemin nodded his head, the tears slowly flowing down his face. Minho’s hand gently wiped it away and cupped his face.

“Look at me Minnie, when you ate that banana split last time, you ended up puking and then passing out, I was with you the whole night and I promised myself that no matter how much you begged or pouted, I won’t give in again. That’s why my tone was a bit hard back there, I don’t want you to feel pain again” by now Taemin had stopped crying and was looking down, ashamed of himself.

“Hyung, I’m sorry I acted that way and I doubted my love for you. I don’t know why I think that way, maybe I’m just afraid of being abandoned and left alone again. I thought you didn’t love me anymore and was finding me irritating and wanted to get rid of me” Taemin started crying again as he pulled Minho into a hug and hugged him tightly, not wanting to let go.

“Minnie, what can I do to make you feel loved again? To let you know that I won’t leave you?” Taemin looked up shyly and whispered in Minho’s ears.

“I want you to make love to me”