Double the proposal, double the surprises

You made me change for the better

 

Reupload

“I can’t say yes because...I have already decided to say yes since the first time I met you. When you asked me to be your boyfriend, I have already decided to marry you. There were many obstacles that appeared before us, but we overcame them together. Why would I repeat my answer twice?” Taemin giggled as he saw Minho’s face went from shock to blank to understanding to angry.

“Lee Taemin, you do not make jokes at this time! I was afraid when you didn’t say yes! I thought I was going to lose you again!” Minho felt a tear slip out of his eyes and flow down his cheek. Taemin stared at Minho with his eyes wide; he had never seen Minho cry before.

“I’m sorry, hyung. I didn’t mean to make a joke, it just came out wrong. I just wanted to explain to you what I feel right now. If you really want me to answer you, ‘Yes’, that is my answer” Taemin leaned in and placed a kiss on Minho’s lips before leaning back again. He saw Minho smile and knew that he was forgiven. He held out his hand and waited as Minho slowly took the ring out of the box and slipped in on his finger, he looked at it and felt intense happiness. The hollow space that was left by his parents was filled by Minho’s love and he felt whole again. Taemin felt tears flowing down his face so he lifted his hand to wipe them away, but was stopped by Minho’s hand taking his into his own. Minho leaned forward and kissed them away; first, he kissed Taemin’s cheeks, then his nose and finally captured his lips. Even though they had kissed many times, this kiss tasted extra sweet; it was probably because it was his first kiss as Minho’s fiancé. Minho released Taemin’s lips and and kissed Taemin’s finger along with the ring, he couldn’t believe an angel was going to be his.

“What are you thinking about, hyung? We should go eat lunch before it becomes our dinner. I can hear your stomach growling” Taemin giggled as he got up and went to bring the food to the table. Minho chuckled, Taemin was right, his stomach was growling, he stood up and went to help Taemin, along with stealing a kiss here and there.

 

Key woke up and realized that it was already 6:00; he turned over and saw his puppysaurus sleeping beside him. Key smiled as he continued to study Jonghyun’s face, he could never get tired of staring at it and was about to stay that way when he felt his stomach growl. After an intense ing session, it really consumes up your body’s energy. Key reluctantly stood up winced, his lower back was in pain from a few hours ago when Jonghyun was pummelling into him. He limped into the bathroom and started cleaning himself up, as he stared at his reflection in the mirror, he saw that Jonghyun had given him a few more marks on his neck, he had no idea how to cover them all. Key sighed as he stared at them; he looked down and saw the ring on his finger. Key couldn’t help but smile as he thought back to Jonghyun’s proposal; he can’t believe he’s already somebody’s fiancé. He’s going to have to tell Taemin the news when he gets the chance. After finishing his shower, he went downstairs and began to make dinner, Key began to daydream as he started to cut the vegetables, he had always told Taemin to always focus and concentrate when holding  a knife, but Key’s mind was somewhere else.

“OWW!! Stupid knife!” Key held his finger under the water as he washed the wound, he wasn’t paying attention and ended up cutting his finger, it wasn’t deep but it’s usually the small wounds that hurt the most and bleeds the most. Key hurried around to look for the first aid kit while wrapping a towel around it; it was in Jonghyun’s room. As he quietly opened the door, he noticed that Jonghyun wasn’t in bed but didn’t think too much of it as he pulled out the first aid kit and began to look for a bandage. As he was rustling around, he suddenly felt a pair of arm wrapping around his waist; Key shrieked and dropped the towel he was holding. He turned around; ready to defend himself when he saw that it was Jonghyun.

“YAH! You almost gave me a heart attack, don’t sneak up behind people like that” Key pouted as he felt Jonghyun’s arms leave him. He saw Jonghyun bend down and picked up the blood-stained towel.

“Omo! Key! Where are you hurt? Why are you bleeding?” Jonghyun began to inspect Key up and down and turned him around and around, making Key dizzy.

“STOP! I just cut myself while chopping the vegetables, I was looking for a bandage when you decided to sneak up on me” Key turned around and continued to look for the bandage, he found it, but with only one hand, it turned out to be quite the challenge.

“Here, let me help you” Jonghyun approached Key and helped him apply the bandage on his finger, after he was done; he took Key’s hand and pressed it to his lips.

“My heart hurts when I know that my yeobo hurt himself while making food for me. I can’t bear to see my Key in pain” Jonghyun sighed as he pulled Key into a hug and used this chance to take in Key’s scent.

“Yah! Stop being so dramatic, it was only just a small cut, no need to make a big deal out of it, and I know you’re just using this chance to get close to me. Release me now, I have to go continue to make dinner” Jonghyun whined but finally let go when Key gave him a glare. No matter how much he doesn’t want to, he was still an obedient puppy. As Key went downstairs, Jonghyun was at his heels, following him wherever he goes. Key used this to his advantage as he ordered Jonghyun to help him so he was able to complete dinner a bit earlier than he expected.

“So Key, how does it feel to be living life as the future Kim Kibum?” Key scoffed, his name was already Kim Kibum, and it’s been like that ever since he was born, what kind of que- oh.

“It feels the same, except I now know that you belong to me, so if you betray me in any way...you better watch out. Also, if any girls approach you, make sure to ignore them, better yet show them your ring and tell them to ‘ off’. If I get my hands on any of them, get ready for some slapping!” Jonghyun felt Key’s diva side was coming out and decided to distract him to prevent that coming out. It’s not that Jonghyun didn’t like it, but something when that side comes out at the wrong place at the wrong time, it could cause serious trouble.

“Come on, Key. Let’s eat your delicious food before it gets cold” Jonghyun dragged Key towards the dining table and sat him down. Jonghyun felt his stomach growl as he saw the food on the table, it was a lot of food, but he knows that if he was able to finish everything, it would make Key very happy, and that’s all that matters to him right now, his happiness.

 

The next day

 

“Yeobo, let’s head over to Minho’s place, I want to tell Taebaby the good news” Key was already heading out the door as Jonghyun hurriedly grab the keys and followed him out. Key was talking non-stop about how he wants to plan his wedding; Jonghyun wasn’t really paying attention as he replied back the occasional ‘mhmm’ and ‘sure’. Key was too engrossed into his plans to notice, after 10 more minutes, they reached Minho’s house and knocked on the door. Taemin opened the door and he looked as if he just got out of bed.

“Mmm...Key umma...what are you doing here?” Taemin rubbed his eyes cutely as he yawned and stepped back to let them in.

“I have some news to tell you, let’s head up to your room!” Key dragged Taemin by the hand and bounced up the stairs. Minho was already in the kitchen making breakfast when Jonghyun stepped into the room.

“I heard Key and he sounded pretty happy, what happened?” Minho had his back turned towards Jonghyun as he attempted to plate the foods.

“I proposed to Key and he just wanted to share the news wi- Minho, is that a ring on your finger?!” Jonghyun grabbed his hand and inspected it. It was a ring!

“Yeah, I asked Taemin to marry me yesterday, and he said yes. You should’ve seen the look on his face when I proposed to him. Hyung! Something else happened, Taemin finally said ‘I lov-“ Minho was cut off as Key stormed down the stairs and stared straight at Minho. Taemin was behind him trying to hold him back but failed when Key made him sit down at the table.

“CHOI MINHO!! You deflowered MY BABY?!!” Key screamed as Minho looked over at Taemin.

“Sorry, hyung. Key umma made me tell him all the details about your proposal and I accidentally blurted it out” Taemin whimpered as he saw Key getting angrier by the second.

“Yeobo, he’s grown up now. You’ve got to let him live his own life. Besides, Minho was just telling me about something that happened yesterday, maybe it would explain why he did it” Jonghyun tried to calm Key down as he pulled him over to the chair and sat him down, across from Taemin.

“Continue what you were going to say then, Choi Minho!” Key half screamed and slammed down his hands down on the table making Taemin flinched and whimper. Minho immediately went over and placed his hands on Taemin’s shoulder, trying to reassure him that everything’s going to be fine.

“As I was about to tell Jonghyun hyung, yesterday, Taemin finally told me ‘I love you’. That was when I realized that I couldn’t wait any longer. I had already bought the ring a few weeks ago but was just waiting for the right time to take it out. Yesterday seemed like the perfect chance for me” Key’s eyes widen. It was the first time his baby said ‘I love you’ and he missed it! Key ran over to Taemin to pull him into a tight hug!

“Key umma, you’re hurting me” Taemin whined as he tried to loosen the hold he had on him. As soon as he did, he saw that Key was in tears and he was sobbing.

“Umma! Are you ok? Is it because I did something wrong?!” Taemin started to panic, he had never seen his umma cried before and even if he did, Key would hide it from him.

“You did nothing wrong, Taebaby. It’s just it’s your first time saying ‘I love you’ ever since that day, and I missed it!” Key continued to bawl his eyes out as he gripped Taemin again. Taemin felt bad, his umma took care of him for so long and he had never once said it back to him, even though Key had told him multiple times that it was ok, but deep down, Taemin knew that it wasn’t. Key just didn’t want him to feel guilty for it, Taemin understood.

“I love you, Key umma. I know how much you have wanted to hear it from me but never could. Please don’t blame Minho hyung, he was the one that completed me and made me able to say it again. From now on, I’ll say it to you once a day to make up for all those days that I didn’t. So, please stop crying umma” Taemin rubbed Key’s back as his sobs got even more uncontrollable. Key wanted to stop, but after hearing Taemin say it to him, everything just kept pouring out. He had to accept that his Taebaby won’t be by his side forever and that he is going to grow up. After a few minutes, Key finally calmed down and released Taemin.

“Sorry, Taebaby, I made your shirt all wet” Taemin giggled, it was what usually Taemin said to Key, not the other way around.

“Minho, you’d better take care of him. If I ever find out that you cheat on him or bully him, then you’d better watch out, because I’m going to cut off your and shove it down your throat while I throw you to the sharks!” Minho was afraid, but he knows that Key wouldn’t actually do it since he wouldn’t want Taemin to hate him for it.

“Yeobo, our son doesn’t need to hear all those violence things!” Key looked over to Jonghyun, he had finally acknowledge that Taemin was ‘their’ son and not only Key’s son.

“After last night, I don’t think you have to worry about tainting Minnie’s mind” Minho chuckled as Taemin blushed and smacked his arm. Yesterday was his first time and he was still a little shy about it, he didn’t need Minho to keep on reminding him what they did. Jonghyun laughed as he saw Minho’s expression, he looked so happy and satisfied, he was glad that they didn’t live together, or else Minho might make a competition out of it and piss Key off even more.