I hate you

You made me change for the better

 

After Taemin finally calmed down, both he and Key went into the kitchen to finish making dinner. Minho and Jonghyun was sitting outside and they decided to talk about the bet they made. Even though both of them had called it off, they still feel guilty to Key and Taemin since they had lied to them in the first place.

“Hyung, I feel kind of bad, I did lie to Taemin before, even though the bet is off, I feel as if he should have a right to know. I don’t want to keep it from anymore. But I’m afraid if I tell him, he’s going to get hurt and leave me” Jonghyun sighed as he felt the same. He was hesitant to tell Key the same thing, he was afraid that if Key found out the truth, he would leave him forever.

“I know, Minho, but I think it’s better to tell them ourselves now than to have them find out later, or from somewhere else. I don’t know how long we can keep it a secret, I don’t want to them to find out later that the reason we approached them and asked them to be our boyfriend was because of a stupid bet” a crash was heard from the kitchen, Key and Taemin emerged in tears.

“Jonghyun, don’t tell me that’s true, you mean to tell me that you asked me to be your boyfriend not because you love me, but because of a stupid bet?! AM I JUST A TOY TO YOU?! So when are you going to get tired of me and throw me away? You have a new target already?” Key ran out of the house and Jonghyun immediately got up and ran after him.

“Minnie, you heard everything?” Taemin silently nodded. Minho approached him and tried to put his hand on his shoulder, but Taemin shifted and moved away from him.

“Why? Why would you do that? You said you would never leave me. YOU SAID YOU WOULD PROTECT ME FOREVER!!” Taemin screamed as tears flowed down his face. Minho pulled him into a hug, despite Taemin struggling to get free. Taemin was now screaming and crying, it reminded him to much about his parents and the pain they brought him.

“LET ME GO!! You don’t love me anymore, don’t touch me!” Taemin finally slapped Minho and was able to escape and he also following Key and Jonghyun ran out of the house. Minho ran after him and was almost about to reach him when Taemin ran out into the road. Minho looked over and saw a car speeding towards him.

“TAEMIN!!” but Minho was too late, the car had ran into Taemin and he flew a few meters before landing on the ground, Minho ran over and knelt on the ground, Taemin was covered in blood and he was staring upwards into nothing. Minho tried to pick him up but was afraid of hurting him. The person behind the wheels immediately called the ambulance and stayed with Minho and Taemin, he tried to apologize but they didn’t pay attention. Taemin looked like he was trying to say something, so Minho leaned in and tried to make out what Taemin was saying.

“I... I ... hate you” that was all he said before he fainted. Minho was now screaming; he didn’t care if Taemin hated him, and he just wanted Taemin to stay alive. He prayed to God that Taemin would make it through alive; he would be able to give up anything. Little did he know, what he had to give up might be his everything.

 

Jonghyun and Key

“Key, listen to me! It was just a stupid bet that we made, we only did it for fun, but we called it off when we realized that we fell in love for real” but Key refused to listen, he continued to randomly walk and tried to get away from him. Jonghyun sped up and grabbed Key’s arm, he pulled Key into an embrace, Key just stood there, and he didn’t even try to push away. Jonghyun was worried, usually Key would get into a fit and attack everyone, what happened? He let go of Key and stared at him. Key was crying and he said something that made Jonghyun drop his arms.

“You’re just like Choi Minhyuk. You lied to me and hurt me just like he did. I can’t trust you anymore” Jonghyun froze, Key was right; he hurt him with a bet just like Choi Minhyuk. He had told Key to trust that he won’t hurt him, but in the end, he went back on his words.

“Key, I’m sorry. It was never meant to happen this way; you weren’t supposed to hear that conversation. Even though I felt guilty about lying to you, I never regretted it, if I didn’t take on the bet, I wouldn’t have got closer to you and fall in love with you. Do you?” Key stared at Jonghyun as tears continued to flow.

“Yes” that was all Key said and he started to walk away. Jonghyun knew that he had hurt Key too deep and it would take some time for him to calm down. Jonghyun was about to leave when his phone rang, he looked at the caller id and it was Minho, he hoped that Minho was doing better than he was.

“Hello? Minho, calm down! I can’t hear what you’re saying! Why are you cryi- WHAT?! Where are you right now?! Ho-Just shut up! He’s not going to die! He’s going to be ok! I’ll be there in a few!” Jonghyun hung up and ran after Key.

“Key!! You have to come with me!”

“Why should I list-“

“It’s Taemin! He’s been in an accident” Key’s eyes widen as he tried to take in what Jonghyun said.

“W-what do y-you mean? What kind of accident?” Jonghyun finally was able to flag down a taxi; he pushed Key in and got in himself.

“I don’t know. Minho just said that Taemin’s in an accident and right now is at the hospital” They both sat in silence during the whole ride, praying that nothing happened to Taemin.

 

At the hospital

“Minho!! What happened? How is Taemin?” Key sprinted towards the emergency room, not caring who he runs into.

“It was my entire fault! If it wasn’t because of me, he wouldn’t have run into the road and he wouldn’t have been hit by the car” Minho was sitting on the floor and crying. Key was enraged now, he blames Minho for hurting his baby, and he had already told him to look after him.

“If anything happens to him, I’m going to KILL YOU!! Why didn’t you hold my baby back?! Why did you let him run out into the road? Why would you hurt him?!!” Key was now screaming and Jonghyun was holding him back from hurting Minho and himself. After a couple minutes, the doctor came out and asked who Kim Kibum was.

“I am Doctor, how is Lee Taemin? Is he fine?” Key frantically asked the doctor, he was grabbing onto the doctor’s collar, almost strangling him. It took both Jonghyun and Minho to pull him off; the doctor stepped back and answered the question.

“He made it, but he took quite an impact to his head, we don’t know when he’s going to wake up, and even if he does, he might lose a portion of his memory. We will have to wait until he wakes up to determine” the doctor left and Key sank to the ground, he had no energy left in him to stay standing.

“No...no...no... my baby’s going to be ok, he’s going to wake up and everything will be fine” Key repeated over and over again. Jonghyun couldn’t do anything except to sit beside him and try to comfort him, but Key didn’t show any signs that he noticed that Jonghyun was there. Minho went to ask the nurse where Taemin’s room was and he helped Key up and walked him to the room.

As they approached the room, they slowly opened the door and walked in. Lying on the bed was Taemin, aside from the bruises and the bandages; he looked like he was just sleeping. Key went over and sat on the chair beside the bed; he took Taemin’s hand and told him to wake up.

“Come on, Taebaby, don’t sleep anymore, it’s time to wake up. Umma’s going to make you a lot of delicious food. Taebaby, wake up now or I won’t allow you to drink anymore banana milk” Key cried as Taemin lied there, usually whenever Taemin hears the word banana milk, no matter what he’s doing, he would come running to get it, but Taemin continued to lie there unconscious. Minho silently stood at the end of the bed, looking at Taemin, he blamed himself for what happened to him, he wanted to get closer, but whenever he took a step, Key would turn around and give him the death glare.

Suddenly, the door opened, it was Onew and Joon. They received the news and came as soon as possible.

“How did Taemin end up like this?” Onew stared at Taemin and looked at each of them, expecting an answer.

“It was my fault” Minh spoke up and Onew turned towards him. He walked up to him and grabbed him by the collar; Joon appeared and pulled Onew off of him.

“What do you mean it’s your fault? Explain!” Onew was trying to break free of Joon’s hold and attack Minho again.

“I did something and I hurt him, he tried to get away and end up running into the road. Before I knew it, h-he was lying on the ground” Minho was crying again. He couldn’t get the image out of his head and the last thing that Taemin said to him. He just didn’t want those to be Taemin’s last words. Onew walked over the bed and held Taemin’s other hand.

“Wake up, Taemin. Hyung’s here, and as I promised, I brought Joon to see you. Didn’t you say you wanted to see him? He’s here so open your eyes” Onew couldn’t help but let the tears flow, he thought that he would be safe with Minho by his side, but in the end, Minho had hurt him and he couldn’t do anything to protect him.

“Hello, Taemin. I’m Joon, your brother-in-law. I never thought that the first time I see you would be in this kind of situation. Please wake up, I would like to get to know you better” Joon pulled Onew into a hug and kissed his head when Onew placed his head on his shoulder, he felt it starting to get wet from all the tears. He just hoped Taemin would be alright, he can’t bear to watch his Onew cry like this every day.

Knock knock

“I’m sorry, but visiting hours are over, only one person is allowed to stay. So who is it going to be?” the nurse said, she looked apologetic but rules are rules.

“I’ll st-“ Minho was cut off by Key who said that he will stay, Key looked at him as if to say ‘haven’t you done enough?’ Minho looked at Taemin once more before he left the room. Jonghyun patted him on the shoulder and offered him a ride home.

“I regret giving you my blessings” Onew said as he walked passed them with Joon beside him. 

A/N sorry it's so short, it was hard writing this chapter. I try not to picture Taemin like that but the images keep on popping in my head T-T