Tears In The Rain

I Fell In Love With My Tutor

"Oppa... Please pick up the phone. Why are you angry?" IU's voicemail spoke as Thunder looked out the window. He was curled up into a small ball, hiding his face. His eyes only showed anger and depression, as he continued to watch the rain fall on his window. The phone beeped for a moment, and another voicemail came up.

"YA! Hurry up and pick up the phone! I'm sick and tired of trying to get you to talk to me! Just hurry up!" IU shouted through the voicemail. Thunder smirked and slowly rolled his eyes to the phone. And I'm sick and tired of trying to get you to notice me more than a friend, Thunder thought coldly as he continued to look out the window. It continued to rain slowly and heavily. Another voicemail popped up.

"Thunder oppa, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you. Please forgive me!" IU's small, quiet voice apologized. Thunder curled up tighter into a ball, clenching a fist. Another voicemail. However, this time, it wasn't IU. It was Wooyoung.

"Hey! I didn't, uh, see you at class today.... I didn't see IU, too. Is she sick or something? Are you sick?" Wooyoung's voice asked through the voice awkwardly. Yes, IU is sick of me not talking to her. Yes, I am sick of getting her attention, Thunder thought, biting his lower lips. They last person he wanted to hear was Wooyoung's voice "caring" for him. Another message popped in. And another, and another, and another. The one message that really got Thunder's attention was the 45th message from IU.

"OPPA! Since you're not answering me, I'm coming to your house! NOW!" IU's voice said strictly. Thunder quickly picked up his phone. She wasn't serious, was she? Well, it's pouring outside, and she want's to go out just from him? Thunder couldn't-- no, he wouldn't-- believe that she'd run in the rain for him.

Another quick message popped in. Thunder hesitated to pick the message up, but he picked his phone up anyways. He didn't open the phone, though. He wanted to hear her message. 

"THUNDER OPPA!" IU shouted through the phone. He heard rain. Pouring, cold water that rushed in the background. He gulped, not believing that she actually went out. Then, she hung up. He heard someone knocking on the door. He rushed to the door and quickly opened it. It was IU, drenched in water. She was wearing a short mini skirt with a short-sleeved t-shirt.

"Seriously Jieun!?!? You're wearing those in a rainy day!?" Thunder exclaimed. IU nodded slowly, sneezing and hugging her body, trying to warm it up. Thunder sighed and grabbed a jacket, covering IU with it.

"Come in," Thunder welcomed coldly, as IU went in. He closed the door and laid her on the couch Thunder had sat in. He looked outside the window, and believed he saw Wooyoung outside. When he blinked, the figure was gone. I must be imagining things, Thunder thought, rubbing his eyes. He looked at IU and brought her a warm, thick blanket. He sat down on a chair and began to read a book, watching until IU would finally move out.

"Oppa," IU's weak, gentle voice called. Thunder sighed and went up to IU, hands in his pockets.

"Wae?" he snapped. IU got up, surprised at Thunder's actions.

"What's wrong with you?! Why didn't you answer your phone?! Didn't you know that I thought you were dead?!" IU shouted, tears flowing down. Thunder's expression darkened as he turned his back on her.

"So?" he asked simply. IU scoffed.

"So? SO?! Oppa, you know how angry I am with you?!"

"You know how angry I was and am with you?!!?" Thunder shouted, facing IU. IU was shocked. 

"Why would you be angry with me? What have I done to you?!" IU asked.

"You've broke my heart when I saw you with Wooyoung the last time we did our tutor," Thunder hissed. IU scrunched her eyebrows.

"Oppa, what are you talking about?" IU asked, clueless.

"I'm talking about how angry I am! IU, can't you see that I love you?!" Thunder shouted, ruffling his hair. Suddenly, Thunder leaned down and pulled IU closer, looking at her lips. Then, his lips smacked right onto IU's jelly-like lips. She froze. She couldn't believe that her best friend was actually kissing her. 

Meanwhile, Wooyoung was hiding behind a car, watching what IU and Thunder were doing from Thunder's window. His face darkened, as he couldn't believe what was happening. I can't believe it. They really are in love with each other, Wooyoung thought as tears ran down his cheeks.