Greetings

My Precious Kitty

 

Daehyun didn't consider himself 'lucky' in any sense of the word. He was a young college student, barely 21 years old, that was failing a good portion of his classes because his teachers couldn't teach for and because the time he didn't spend in school was spent working as a waiter so that he could pay the rent for his tiny little apartment. So when he stepped into a surprisingly deep puddle on his way home, he wasn't that surprised. Daehyun cursed as he trudged home, his muscles aching from work. The only thing that kept him slightly happy was the fact that once he got home, he could cuddle with his adorable little kitty for a few hours before passing out.

Daehyun knew it was weird how attached to his cat he was, especially since he was sure his cat was plotting his death when he wasn't looking, but at the end of the day, his cat was basically the only thing that stayed by his side after he came out of the closet. Most of his friends started to avoid him, his parents and brother couldn't even look at him, but his cat continued to scratch the hell out of him when he was awake and continued to curl up beside him when he would go to sleep. His cat was the only one that treated him the same, and Daehyun was grateful for that. When Daehyun finally saw his small apartment building, even if it looked like the setting for a horror movie, he couldn't control the huge grin that spread over his face at the thought that his cute little kitty was waiting for him there. Daehyun shifted the grocery bag in his hands and bolted, hardly able to wait. He saw that the light was on through the window, and cursed to himself, figuring he must have forgotten to turn it off when he left for school in the morning. 

"Youngjae! I'm ho-" Daehyun felt his jaw drop as soon as he opened his door. He dropped his grocery bag and clung onto the door frame, afraid that his legs would give out. 

"Master Daehyun, you're late! Do you know how hungry I am??" 

Daehyun could only gape, not really believing what he was seeing in front of him. He backed up as the very young man in front of him walked closer to him, before his mind went into overdrive.

"W-who are you?! And what are you doing in my apartment?! And why are you !!?" The young man paused and tilted his head in a way that Daehyun did not think was incredibly cute. Nope, he definitely didn't.

"Jeez, you can't even recognize me? What happened to 'you're my best friend in the whole world' or 'you're so cute, I could cuddle you forever'? Which by the way, is kind of creepy and pretty pathetic." Daehyun couldn't believe what the man was saying, and nearly fainted when he finally noticed the tail moving behind the man slowly and the twitching cat ears on top of the man's head.

"...Y-youngjae?"

"Finally! Now, make me some food, I'm hungry."

Daehyun fainted.

_____

"Master! Daehyunnie, idiot, wake up!" Daehyun groaned as he started to wake up. He felt an extra weight on his torso, but his mind was still to hazy for him to care. He tried to recognize the voice that was yelling at him from the surprisingly close distance, but was too tired to open his eyes to look. His eyes did snap open, however, when he felt something very warm and wet make its way up the side of his neck. He looked down to see a mop of blond hair and twitching cat ears before screaming, in a very manly way mind you, and pushing the man off of him. The man fell back on his bottom as Daehyun scrambled away, eyes wide and shaking slightly. 

"W-what the hell are you doing?!"

"I was you awake, obviously." The man crossed his arms and glared at Daehyun, saying the statement as if it was the most normal thing in the entire world. The ears on his head twitched and his tail swished behind his back.

"B-but- What- HOW??" Daehyun didn't even know where to begin. He looked over the young man sitting on the floor and felt himself blush hard at the other's state of dress.

"P-put some clothes on!"

"Why should I? You never complained about me walking around the apartment before!"

"Because you were a cat!"

"I'm still a cat!"

"NO YOU'RE NOT! You're a cat- human thing!"

"How eloquent of you." Daehyun growled under his breath as the man smirked at him before standing up and walking towards Daehyun.

"S-stop! Get away!"

"What's wrong with you? It's just me!"

"How do I know you're not just some weirdo that snuck into my house and is now pretending to be a human form of my cat?!"

"...you DID just hear yourself, right?" Youngjae looked blankly, though there was a bit of amusement in his eyes, at his master.

"This can't be happening... I've finally lost it, maybe I hit my head on my way home. I'll just step outside, and come back in, and everything will be back to normal, there won't be a kitty-man in my living room, and my cute little Youngjae will come out and scratch up my pant leg like he always does...", Daehyun muttered to himself as he stepped outside of his apartment. He shut the door and took a deep breath, counting to ten before opening the door and walking back inside. To his relief when he walked in, there was no one in the room. 

"See? I was just going insane-"

"You should lock your door, do you even know how many times I've had to lock it myself because your stupid forgot to." Daehyun froze before turning back to see the man closing the door. The man picked up Daehyun's forgotten groceries on the floor before walking into the kitchen. Daehyun was in too much shock to move his legs, and opted to slapping himself, trying to wake himself up from his 'dream'.

'This can't be happening... this can't be happening...'

"Yah! Did you learn nothing?! Last time you bought this brand I had the runs for 3 days! I thought ting on your bed would have taught you not to buy this brand of cat food ever again!" Daehyun walked into his kitchen to find the man looking distastefully at the can of cat food.

"And what the hell is this? Yeah, like you need something to help help you kill more brain cells." Youngjae glared at the pack of beer before turning his glare to Daehyun.

"My god, you really are Youngjae... Only Youngjae would complain this much." Even in cat form, Youngjae managed to constantly complain and pester Daehyun, especially when Daehyun was about to do something stupid that would damage his health. Even if it was slightly annoying at the time, Daehyun was grateful for the cat's interference.

"Well isn't someone just absolutely brilliant. Looks like Einstein has a rival."

"How do you even know who Einstein is?!"

"I read your textbooks, more than you probably do." Daehyun recalled all the times he would see Youngjae sitting on top of an open textbook and would ask Youngjae jokingly if he was reading before playing with his cat. He never really thought his cat was actually reading it.

"Perfect. Just perfect. Out of all the cats I could have gotten, I get the one that turns into a human. How did you even turn into a human?" 

"I'm not just a normal cat! I'm a special shifter! You should feel happy the gods have blessed you with such a rare creature. And I don't know what's going on either, I think it's because I'm starting to reach adulthood or something..."

"Yeah, I feel special alright. Happy as a clam."

"Jeez, no need to be so sarcastic about it. Are you saying you would have rather never gotten me?" Daehyun wanted to smack Youngjae at the statement, but the way that Youngjae's ears tilted down just a fraction so that no one besides Daehyun could have possibly caught the action calmed him down and made him feel slightly guilty. 

"N-no... It's just that... Ugh, why is life so complicated?" Daehyun plopped down on a chair and closed his eyes, trying to process all the information. His eyes snapped open when he felt a weight on his lap, and turned a dark red when he saw the still Youngjae sitting on his lap. Daehyun was about to yell at him to get off when he saw the soft and slightly scared look in Youngjae's eyes.

"I don't know what's going on either, okay? I just woke up and suddenly I was like this... I don't know how to change back, but please don't kick me out, Master Daehyun..." Daehyun relaxed at the statement and hugged Youngjae tightly.

"I'm not going to kick you out. We'll just find a way to get through this, alright? You've stayed by me through worse." Youngjae smiled brightly at this, his ear twitching and his tail swishing happily behind him. He hugged Daehyun tightly, burying his face in the man's neck.

"Yay! Even if you're an idiot, you're still nice!" Daehyun's eyebrow twitched in annoyance at the statement, but couldn't stay mad at the impossibly cute man. He did however, shift around a bit, trying to get Youngjae to release his grip on him.

"U-uh... Youngjae... c-clothes..." 

"Oh! Sorry, I'll just get something in your dresser." Youngjae got off the other's lap before walking to Daehyun's bedroom. Daehyun's eyes traveled down the smooth pale skin of the other's back before landing on his cute round . Daehyun his lips, when he realized just exactly what he was thinking, and face palmed.

'I did not just check out my cat-turned-human... ugh, getting used to this isn't going to be easy...' 

____

This is actually going to to be longer than I had first planned, and it's probably going to have a small plot, so I changed the rating since the the story as a whole isn't mostly xD