Sungwoo

Matoki Planet

This is a long chapter! Full of background information about our characters! 

Please comment and enjoy! 

------------------------

 

FLASHBACK

- Around 5 years ago –

Sungwoo and Daehyun were part of Yongguk’s squad for 3 years already.

“Ahhh, it feels so good to be done with training.” Sungwoo asked.

“We are going to be training tomorrow.” Daehyun said.

“Can I just think about today?” Sungwoo said. Daehyun laughed.

“So have you found the girl you want to protect?” Sungwoo said. Daehyun looked at him.

“Like I’m going to tell you.” Daehyun said.

“You always keep your secrets with you huh?” Sungwoo said.

“What about you?” Daehyun said. It had been a long day and getting a drink was necessary.

“I have someone, but I guess if you aren’t going to tell me, I’m not going to tell you.” Sungwoo said.

“I’m just glad that Matoki is peaceful.” Daehyun said.

“I don’t know, I have been hearing some rumors about Zooland.” Sungwoo said.

“Them? What do they have against us?” Daehyun said.

 “You know it’s always something stupid. They are beasties. They got nothing better to do but try to dominate.” Sungwoo said. Daehyun chuckled.

“You guys! Come on, you guys take forever to get here.” Yongguk called out. He came out to get some fresh air.  Daehyun and Sungwoo started running towards Yongguk.

“YONGGUK! DUCK!” Sungwoo screamed. Yongguk ducked just as someone tried to swipe him with a knife. Yongguk rolled and grabbed his gun.

“Damn, I left it inside.” Yongguk said. The guy charged at him again but Daehyun tackled him to the ground.

“Are you ok?” Sungwoo asked. He grabbed his gun out. Daehyun punched the guy repeatedly.

“Yea.” Yongguk said.

“Hey, Daehyun, calm down. He’s out.” Sungwoo said. Daehyun cuffed the guy. Sungwoo placed his gun back and grabbed his phone out. Yongguk got up and walked towards Daehyun and Sungwoo.

“Hey, this is Soldier Sungwoo, we got a suspect here on location 1343, east.”  Sungwoo said, turning around to see Yongguk. He saw another masked individual behind Yongguk.

“Yongguk!” Sungwoo screamed, he dropped his phone and pushed Yongguk out of the way. The masked individual threw three knives, all hitting Sungwoo. Yongguk grabbed Sungwoo’s gun and took 2 shots at the guy.

“Sungwoo!” Yongguk screamed. Sungwoo collapsed. Daehyun grabbed Sungwoo’s phone.

“Hey! GET AN AMBULANCE HERE NOW!!” Daehyun screamed. He rushed to Sungwoo’s side. Yongguk pulled the knives out and held onto the wounds. They were endlessly bleeding. 

“Hey…. Daehyun…. Yongguk….” Sungwoo said. Sungwoo coughed blood out.

“Don’t talk…” Daehyun said. Yongguk pressed onto Sungwoo’s wound. Daehyun checked the other guy but he was dead.

“Hey, this is Soldier Daehyun, where is the ambulance.” Daehyun screamed into the phone.

“Daehyun…” Sungwoo said.

“What?” Daehyun said.

“I like your sister.” Sungwoo said.

“You are not allowed to date my sister, you hear me.” Daehyun said. Sungwoo laughed and closed his eyes.

“Sungwoo!” Yongguk screamed. Daehyun saw another individual approaching. Daehyun got his gun out and aimed at him.

“Stop, where you are!”  Daehyun screamed. Yongguk laid Sungwoo down and grabbed his gun.

“Come out! I’m telling you to come out!” Yongguk screamed. Three more masked individuals approached Daehyun and Yongguk. Yongguk shot one down point blank. All were holding knives. They were slow but then quicken their pace. Daehyun noticed they were all aiming at Yongguk.

“Yongguk! Watch out!” Daehyun screamed. Daehyun shot the guy on the left and ran over to Yongguk. Yongguk turned and shot the guy to Daehyun’s left. Daehyun took another shot at the third guy and they were all down. Daehyun reached Yongguk. 

“This guy is dead.” Yongguk said.  Daehyun turned around and saw a guy still moving but it was too late. The guy threw his knife and sliced a clean cut right through Daehyun’s neck.

“Daehyun!” Yongguk said, shooting the guy again. Yongguk caught Daehyun.

“Ahhh… Ahh…” Daehyun cried but his voice wouldn’t come out. Blood gushed out. Daehyun gripped his throat.

“Stop Daehyun! Stop! Just don’t talk!” Yongguk said. He held onto Daehyun’s throat. The ambulance finally arrived with back up. 3 suspects died, 1 died on the way to the prision hospital, and the other one killed himself before interrogation. Sungwoo died and Daehyun became a mute.

FLASHBACK ENDED

“Youngjae, he wouldn’t of gone that far…” Daehyun gestured.

“Right after that happened, Youngjae was assigned in your squad…” Hyosung said.

“I finished Zelo….”  Yongguk said. He sat down and he looked at Daehyun, silently sitting at one end of the room.

“I did this to you… it was my fault.” Yongguk said.

“It’s just a theory, I don’t blame you.” Daehyun said. Jieun held Yongguk’s hand.

“We are just going to have to wait until Youngjae arrives.” Zinger said.

“We will do nothing, act as if he is the only survivor, the hero.” Hyosung said.

“What!” Jieun said.

“We are dead, remember.” Jongup said.

“I can have that arranged.” Zinger said.

“He is two hours ahead of us. We can’t do anything that would endanger the public.” Hyosung said.

“Even if we celebrate an enemy.” Zinger said. Everyone nodded.

“Alright, I guess I should get things done. Keep me updated.” Zinger said. The screen went black.

“Alright, everyone, rest up, we will be there in no time.” Hyosung said. Everyone receded back to his or her individual activities. Daehyun quietly left the room first. Jieun and Yongguk went off together. Himchan took Jongup and Sunhwa to practice.

“Daehyun.” Hyosung cried. But he had already disappeared.

“I wonder where he went.” Hyosung said. She didn’t want to look for him because people would start thinking things. She went back to her room to rest.

“Daehyun.” Hyosung said quietly. She locked the door. Daehyun was sitting on her bed.

“What happened?” Hyosung said.

“I know I shouldn’t be here… but I don’t want to be alone.” Daehyun gestured. Hyosung sat next to him.

“Are you thinking about Sungwoo?” Hyosung said. Sungwoo was Daehyun’s best friend.

“Yea…I wish I understood Youngjae so this wouldn’t have happened.” Daehyun said. 

“Hey, we couldn’t understand Youngjae. He is crazy. No one understands crazy.” Hyosung said. Daehyun placed his head on her shoulder. Tears started falling from his eyes, no matter how much he wanted to hold it in, he couldn’t stop them from falling.

“It’s ok, you’re safe, I’m right here.” Hyosung said. Daehyun held Hyosung like a little boy holding his teddy bear, crying at full capacity, and yet it was silent as Daehyun, even with all his might couldn’t make a sound.

--------------------

Yongguk slammed his hands onto the table.

“Yongguk…” Jieun said.

“It’s my fault, Sungwoo and Daehyun. Their loss, I was the one.” Yongguk said. Jieun wasn’t used to this side of Yongguk; his anger. Jieun took a deep breath, and slapped herself onto his back, holding him tight.

“It’s not your fault. It’s impossible to think it’s your fault. If anything, it’s my fault. I said yes. I accepted you. Please, don’t blame yourself.” Jieun said. Yongguk snapped back to his senses and turned to Jieun.

“Never say it’s your fault. Never say you didn’t want to say yes. I don’t regret loving you. It just hurts me that Youngjae would hurt the people around me, the people I care for. I mean he’s just a wimp!” Yongguk said. Jieun hugged Yongguk.

“I will get him. I will get him for Sungwoo.” Yongguk said. Jieun nodded.