The Different Girl

The Bittersweet Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTqMyJJwlQE&feature=related

------

That night, as promised, Zico came to Jungah’s apartment with her fixed phone.

He rang the doorbell. When she didn’t reply, he knocked.

Zico cocked his head. *Strange. Is she not home?* Zico pulled out the extra pair of key and unlocked the front door. The door beeped as it shut behind him. Zico took his shoes off, “Jungah, are you home? Jungah~ where are you-“ He stopped.

Cup ramen sat at the coffee table, and the evening news was playing on the TV. Jungah was sitting against the couch with her head drowsily nodding forward.

Zico softly chuckled, “Aigoo, Han Jungah.” He took the remote control and turned the television off. Zico slipped his arms underneath Jungah’s light figure and lifted her up with ease. Carefully, he carried her to her bedroom and pulled the sky blue duvet back. Gently, he lay her down on the mattress and tucked her warmly in.

Zico’s eyes slowly drifted towards Jungah’s sleeping face. He saw the cut on her lip and tilted his head in wonder. *When she’s sleeping, she seems like a harmless angel. But my Jungah can kick . My badass angel.*

Zico went into the bathroom and opened the medicine cabinet. He pulled out healing ointment and went back into the bedroom. Zico sat on the edge of the bed and unscrewed the cap. He pushed the tube, and some of the ointment squeezed onto his forefinger. Carefully, so as not to hurt and wake her up, he applied medicine on her cut and bruise.

*There. Perfect as ever.*

Zico put the cap back on and gazed at Jungah with a sigh of contentment. *You’re the reason that I work so hard. I’ll do everything I can to make your world a better place, Han Jungah. Please be patient until I become a bigger person.* He turned the light off and left the room.

 --------------

Jungah’s eyes fluttered open. *What the- how come I’m in my room?* Then she remembered that Zico was supposed to come over. Jungah shot up and looked around with wide eyes. She saw that it was already morning.

*Damn! I fell asleep! I didn’t even get to see Zico!* Cursing herself, she ran out of the room with hope that Zico had stayed. Her shoulders slumped when she saw the empty apartment. The cup ramen and soda can had been cleaned also.

*Of course he wouldn’t have stayed.* Jungah turned to go get ready for school but stopped when she saw something on her kitchen table. Jungah walked over to see her phone (that looked newer than ever), ointment, a bag of bagels, and a note.

Jungah opened the note first.

Sleeping Beauty! Put ointment on your lips! What prince would want to kiss thou and wake thee up with such violent lips?! MEHRONG~ ZICO :P.

A silly face had been scribbled at the bottom.

Jungah found herself laughing. She smiled widely. *At least that fool came.*

Feeling better, Jungah went to take a shower.

 -----------

The seniors changed into their white shirt and black shorts for PE and headed out to the field. Kris stretched his arms and rotated his neck. *What the am I doing running on a PE field when I should be running for my life? I still haven’t found any clue to the drug mystery.* He sighed and turned his head.

Jungah walked out of the girls’ locker room in her own PE clothes. Her signature poker-face was on, and she walked over to her number. Kris kept his eyes on her until the loud PE coach, Mr. Park, blew his whistle. “ALL RIGHT! YOU ALL KNOW THE DRILL! STRETCH YOUR ARMS AND LEGS!”

Everyone continued to chatter while they did the stretches. Some didn’t even bother to stretch their limbs.

“LEE WON! I TOLD YOU TO STRETCH! YOU WANT DETENTION?” Mr. Park snarled. The male student with five piercings on one ear rolled his eyes and languidly extended his arm.

“NOW PART

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter