My Light

The Bittersweet Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs_rZrjI3oY

---

Jungah stared at the brand new ipad in her hands. Slowly, she lifted her head up to meet eyes with the person who had bought her this. “Zico…”

“Why didn’t you tell your laptop was dying?” Lightly, he flicked her forehead, “Babo.”

“Where…where did you get the money for this?” Jungah asked, dumbfounded.

“You know what I do.” Zico softly murmured.

Jungah shook her head. *Of course. Drugs. What else?*

“I got a bonus this month, so I decided to get this for you.” He shrugged as if it was no big deal. She pushed the ipad back into his arms, “Take it back. I don’t need one.”

Zico put it back in her hands, “Yeah, you do. You’re going to college soon. You need something like this to take notes and get good grades in school.”

“But-“

“Think of it as an early graduation present.” He said.

Jungah glanced at the ipad then up at him. “Please Jungie Jungie. Accept it.” Zico pleaded.

She gave in with a sigh, “Fine.” He smiled, “Thanks.” “Hey, that’s my line.” She lightly poked his side, and he laughed like Pillsbury Doughboy. “That tickles!”

Jungah gave him a funny look then chuckled. Her laughter faded, and she glanced at her phone. *Kris should be coming soon…* Without thinking, Jungah placed her fingertips on her lips and lightly bit onto her nail.

Zico realized at once that she was nervous about something. “What’s wrong, Jungah? You look so uneasy. Is something wrong?”

“Huh? Oh, no, it’s nothing.” Jungah shook her head, “It’s just…” Her shoulders slumped, and she mumbled, “Kris is coming.”

Zico’s face fell. “Right now?” Jungah slowly nodded.

“I didn’t know you were dropping by…” She glanced at the phone again. *She was waiting for him. Not me.* Zico got up.

Jungah blinked at him in surprise, “Are you leaving?”

“Yeah, I should go. I’m sorry. I didn’t know you had plans. Of course, you did. I mean, look at you. You look so cute.” Zico lightly ruffled her head. He headed towards the door.

Jungah panicked at the last second. She ran after him and grabbed his arm, “Zico, wait-“ He turned around. She took a deep breath and blurted, “Don’t go.”

“What?” Zico whispered in disbelief.

“You can join us.” Jungah finished. His eyes dimmed, “Join you?”

She nodded and rambled off uselessly, “We probably won’t do much except eat dinner and finish the ice cream he bought earlier. You came all the way here, so you should come with us-“

“Jungah, I can’t-“

“If that’s too uncomfortable, I can cancel plans with Kris-“

“Jungah.” Zico put his hands on her shoulders to stop her. She lifted her gaze to him.

“You can’t cancel on him. He made plans with you first. Do you really want to let him down now?” He asked.

*No.* Jungah dropped her gaze to the floor. She was officially stuck between her former lover and her current one. She didn’t want to disappoint either one. *Damn. Love IS hard.*

“Don’t worry about me. Kyung is actually going to come to my place later. And I don’t want to cancel on him. Do you know how big of a tantrum he’ll throw?” Zico faked a shudder. “I don’t even want to imagine it.”

Jungah felt grateful for his attempt to ease her guilt. “Thanks, Zico.” He smiled with a nod. “I’ll still see you for dinner tomorrow night, though, right?” She asked. “You know it.” Zico held out his fist. Jungah lightly bumped it with her own fist. “Later. Have fun with Wu Fan.” He saluted and left. She watched him enter the elevator and sighed heavily. *Why do I still feel guilty?*

Jungah heard her phone ring and went back inside. “Hello.” She answered. “I’m here.” Kris said.

“I’ll be down.” Jungah hung up. She tucked her brand new ipad away in a safe place. Then she grabbed her phone, tub of uneaten ice cream, and keys and left her apartment.

Kris smirked at his phone with a shake of his head. *She never says goodbye before she hangs up. Bad habit.*

He drummed his long fingers on his steering wheel and waited patiently for her.

A figure popped out of the building. Kris sat up straight in hopes that it was Jungah. However, it was a tall male whose face was familiar.

Kris furrowed his eyebrows. *Wait…isn’t that Zico?*

The male disappeared into his black car and sped off into the night.

A minute later, Jungah appeared by the car. She tapped on the door, and he unlocked it. Jungah came inside with the tub of ice cream. “Tell me again why we bought such a huge size? We both won’t finish it.” She grumbled as she placed it in the back. Jungah looked at Kris who was spacing out into the darkness. “Kris? Hello?” She waved her hand in front of his face. He blinked and turned his gaze to her.

“Aren’t we going?” Jungah nodded to the backseat, “The ice cream is going to melt.”

“Oh. Yeah.” Kris turned the key and the engine came to life. He drove out of the parking lot and towards his house.

Kris glanced at Jungah, “I thought I saw Zico coming out of your place.”

“You didn’t think. You did see him.” She corrected.

“He was at your apartment?” Kris furrowed his eyebrows.

“Yeah. He gave me an early ‘graduation gift’.” Jungah shook her head.

“What did he give you?” He questioned in interest. “…An ipad.” She answered.

His eyes widened. Ipads weren’t cheap. Kris turned his eyes back to the road, but his attention was diverted to Jungah. “I’ve been meaning to ask you. What business does Zico exactly in?” Her body became rigid. She stared staright ahead, hoping he would forget the question if she didn’t act like she had heard him. “Jungah?” Kris glanced at her once more. “Did you hear my question?”

“Yeah.” Jungah sighed. “I heard you.”

“So what does he do in business?” He asked again.

*Drugs. Bad, illegal drugs that harms people and makes them crazy.* “I don’t know. I don’t really pay attention.” Jungah mumbled. Kris gave her a puzzled look. *But isn’t he the guy that you once loved? I thought you would know everything about him…* He cocked his head to the side once then shook his head to wave the senseless questions away.

Ten minutes later, they arrive

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter