I Missed You

The Bittersweet Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81Krt7tR7wg

-----

The week passed by at a snail's pace.

Jungah felt strangely empty and jaded. Who knew time would pass by so slowly without Kris by her side?

It was finally Friday. After school, Jungah dropped by her apartment then went to the hospital in time for her appointment.

The doctor took one more x-ray before proclaiming the good news. “Your arm is all healed. Congratulations, Jungah.” He took the cast off her arm.

*Finally.* She felt light and fresh. Jungah stared at her right arm in awe. Never would she take it for granted again. Six weeks without being able to use it had taught her a valuable lesson.

“Be careful. Let’s not see each other again because of another broken bone.” The doctor grinned.

Jungah gave him a small, grateful bow and left the office. She walked down the clean hallway of the hospital, which smelled like windex and antiseptic alcohol. Jungah stared at her right arm, and a big smile came on her face. She flexed her fingers and curled her hand into a tight fist. *I missed doing that.*

Jungah received a text message and halted midway. She pulled out her phone from her bag and checked the message.

‘You look prettier when you’re smiling.’ –Kris.

Her eyes rounded. *How does he know I’m smiling?!* Her head shot up, and she searched for a sight of her boyfriend. She finally spotted him striding towards her like a runway model.

Kris stopped in front of her with a smirk. “I shouldn’t have said that. Now you’re scowling again.”

“What are you doing here?” Jungah questioned without a greeting.

“Did you forget? I told you that I would come with you when you took your cast off.” Kris stated.

“Yeah, well, it’s a little too late for that.” Jungah held up her right arm, “As you can see, that’s already done.”

His eyes lingered on her mended arm with happiness for her. “I can.” Kris slipped his hand into her right hand and pulled her arm back down by her side. “Congratulations on your recovery, Han Jungah.” He smiled. Her eyes were b with curiosity and wonder.

Suddenly, he yanked her towards him, and a small gasp emitted from at the unexpected action. She raised her head to be nose to nose with him. Her heart began to pound madly once again.*Shut up, stupid heart! If he makes a smart remark about my racing heartbeat, it will be all your fault!* Her wide eyes fixated on his perfect face.

Kris gave her a half-smirk, but his eyes were full of adoration. “I missed you. The entire time we were apart, I couldn’t stop thinking about you. I’m glad to finally be back by your side.” Then he lowered his head and kissed her fully on the mouth.

Her eyes rounded at the surprise kiss, but they quickly fell close. She kissed him back with buckling knees. *I didn’t say it outloud, but I feel the same way. I missed you. I thought about you every day. And I’m glad you’re back.*

----

Kris and Jungah were sitting across from each other

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter