Birthday Party Part 1

The Bittersweet Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Saturday evening at 6 p.m, Kris picked up Jungah at her apartment. He opened the car door for her, and she stepped inside. He went around to the other side and entered the driver’s seat.

Kris leaned in and buckled her seatbelt for her. Her strong aroma of lilies and coconuts hazed his mind.

“You have Zico’s address, right?” Jungah’s voice woke him out of his daze. She gave him a strange look, “Remember? I texted it to you last night.”

“Yeah.” Kris nodded.

“Okay. Good.” Jungah nodded and looked forward.

Kris placed his hand on the steering wheel. Yet, he didn’t drive. His attention was too focused on her outfit. *Why does she have to look so damn cute today? The theme of cuteness doest not fit her, and yet, she’s even more attractive today.* His eyes examined her from the top of her black and white hair, to her oversized, black panda tee, and down to her red high top converses.

Jungah slowly turned her head and blinked at him.

Kris tightly gripped onto the steering wheel. *Stop that. Damn it.*

“Hello? Aren’t we leaving? We’re going to be late for my own birthday party.” Jungah waved her good hand in front of his face.

Kris cleared his throat and turned his attention to the front. He hoped she couldn’t see his bright, red ears. “Yeah, we’re leaving…” He snuck another glance at her and took a deep breath. *This is going to a long night.*

---------

Shortly, they arrived at Zico’s apartment building. They entered the elevator, and the doors shut.

All of a sudden, Jungah felt nervous. Kirs and Zico would officially meet in less than a minute. She was dazed by the mix of emotions she was feeling. On one hand she was excited to introduce the two most important males in her life to each other. On the other hand, she was worried what Zico would think of Kris.

Before she could think of a what-if scenario, the doors slid open.

“Where do we go?” Kris asked. Jungah snapped out of her daze, “Um, this way.” She led him to Zico’s apartment.

Jungah glanced back at Kris. *Here goes nothing.* With a deep breath, she rang the doorbell.

On the other side of the door, Jungah could hear Block B yelling.

“She’s here! She’s here!”

“P.O., quit eating the frosting off the cake!”

“Taeil, hang that balloon up there!”

“I’m going to answer the door!”

“No, I am!”

She shook her head. *Boys.*

Jungah heard a crash and a loud boom. Then the door flung open.

Kyung, U-Kwon, and B-Bomb spilled out. “WELCOME TO YOUR BIRTHDAY PARTY-“

They froze when they saw Kris.

U-Kwon’s eyes narrowed into hostile slits, “What is he doing here?”

“Behave, U-Kwon. He’s my guest.” Jungah shot him a look then pushed past Kyung and B-Bomb into the apartment. Her eyes widened at the festive decoration. Balloons covered the floor and the corners of the rooms. Streamers decorated the walls and ceilings.

“Happy Birthday, Jungah!” Taeil waved his pink balloon in there with a big smile. She waved back.

Kris and U-Kwon stared at each other. Kris shook his head with a smirk and approached Jungah.

“I don’t think your friends welcome me. Are you sure I was on the guest list?”

“I’m sure.” As soon as she said that, U-Kwon stormed over, “And who invited you?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter