Guardian

The Bittersweet Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayQPfldLVWg&feature=related

-----

It was time for PE class. Jungah had a hard time changing into her gym clothes. She was the last one out.

The coach was about to bark at her but stopped when he saw the cast on her arm. He raised an eyebrow, “I suppose you can’t do PE.”

Jungah shrugged. The coach sighed and shook his head, “Stand here. I suppose you can try to stretch then at least walk around the field.”

*Of course he won’t just let me rest.* Jungah thought as she shuffled over.

“Partner up for stretches!” The coach called.

Kris turned to Jungah automatically. She faced him with a drained sigh, “I can’t stretch, you know. My arm. See?” She dangled her broken arm in the air with a look. He shruggd, “I still have to stretch.”

“Good luck finding a partner.” Jungah turned to go, but Kris held her back. “Is this how you’ll pay me back? By ditching me when I spent my entire morning jotting down notes for you. My hand feels like it’s going to fall off, and you’ll treat me like this?”

Jungah scowled. *He’s giving me a guilt-trip.* The trick worked because she lumbered back by his side. “I have no idea how I’ll help you stretch when I only have one ing arm to work with. It’s not like I can lift you up anymore.”

Kris took her good hand and weaved his fingers through hers. Jungah looked up at him with curiosity as he slowly rotated their entangled hands in a wide circle. Kris gazed into her eyes. She didn’t trust the mysterious glint in his eyes. “That’s perfectly fine…since I can lift you up.”

Suddenly, Kris yanked her towards him. She gasped as he suddenly lifted her up bridal style. Her eyes widened as his face zoomed in towards hers. Her eyes crossed for a moment then she leaned back with a distrustful expression. “Why do you keep carrying me like this? I’m not a bride.”

Kris smirked, “I’m flattered. You pictured us walking down the aisle together.”

Jungah rolled her eyes, “Cocky bastard is delusional now.”

“Wu Fan, Jungah, stretch!” The coach called, completely ignoring the fact that he was carrying her.

Kris suddenly bent his knees and stooped down. The abrupt movement caused Jungah to reflexively wound her left arm around his neck. Her bottom rested on his lap, and she blinked at him. *What the hell are you up to now, Kris?*

Kris held her gaze as he stood back up. Then he casually shrugged, “I’m stretching my leg muscles.”

Jungah scoffed, “Right.”

Kris went back down. Jungah shook her head, and she bit her lip to keep from smiling. There was nothing remotely funny about this situation, but for some reason, her lips wanted to stretch out into a big smile.

Kris stood back up. Jungah rested her head against his broad shoulder and cradled her broken arm closely against her chest.

Kris glanced down at her. A softness spread across his face. He would do anything to make her feel peace and secure like this.

---------

Lunch came. Jungah carried her backpack on her good shoulder and headed towards the auditorium. A figure came out of nowhere and swept her backpack off her shoulder. “What the hell-“ Jungah looked up, and her eyes rounded, “You again?”

Kris smirked as he slung her backpack over his shoulder, “Where to?”

Jungah placed her good hand on her hip, “Don’t you get tired of doing this?” She shook her head and reached for her backpack, “Look, I’m fine. So go do your own thing-“

He held it away, “I am doing my own thing. Auditorium, right?” He walked away.

Jungah tilted her head and watched him a curious, baffled expression. *Seriously, what is he up to? Why does he keep sticking to my side like gum?* Shaking her head, she followed him.

The thick crowd of students kept brushing past her shoulder. Kris could read the annoyance and uneasiness hidden underneath her poker-face. He stepped back and walked to the other side of her so that she was walking by the wall now. Jungah blinked up at him in surprise. Now, the students were crashing into him as they ran to the cafeteria. Warmth stirred in her heart. *He’s being extra nice to me today.*

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter