Protecting Him

The Bittersweet Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK2MFrZ4XdQ

----

As time passed, Jungah and Kris grew closer.

At school, they were always partners for every activity and spent their breaks together. Seeing them together wasn’t surprising anymore. It was thought as ordinary and was almost even expected.

Wherever Jungah was, Kris was thought to be there also.

Not only were they close at school but also outside of campus.

Jungah thought of Zico less and less, especially when she was with Kris. She was late to most of Saturday dinner dates with Block B. Twice, she had to cancel dinner plans with him.

Jungah wasn’t the only one calling off obligations. Kris postponed all meetings on the weekends. His priority had changed ever since Jungah had come into his life. Now, she was number one to him.

It was Saturday night. Once again, Jungah had canceled dinner plans with Zico. He walked into the kitchen and sat at the table.

“What about Jungah?” Kyung asked.

“She’s not coming.” Zico bit into his pizza. He looked like it didn’t bother him at all, but Kyung could read him like an open book. Zico was worried, confused, and disappointed.

“What the hell?! Again?!” U-Kwon yelped. “This is the third time.” P.O. frowned.

“Yeah, well she’s busy.” Zico explained.

“With what? It’s not like she does homework.” B-Bomb snorted.

“I’m telling you. It’s because of him.” U-Kwon spoke.

“Who?” Taeil questioned. He loved gossip.

“That guy we ran into her with. The tall, scary-looking boy who does not look like he’s in high school AT ALL. He looks as old as us. Heck, he looks older.” U-Kwon stated. “What was his name again?” B-Bomb asked. “Wu Fan.” Jaehyo answered promptly. He had sharp ears and a good memory.

U-Kwon snapped his fingers, “Yeah! Him!” “What about him?!” Taeil impatiently asked.

“Guys.” Kyung shot them a look then worriedly glanced at Zico. He seemed curious also.

“I heard they’re inseparable at school. Apparently, they hang out even outside of school. They’re like this.” U-Kwon crossed his fingers. Zico’s face fell.

“Really?!” Taeil gasped.

“Wow. The Han Jungah has finally made a friend.” B-Bomb snickered.

*With her temper, good luck keeping it.* Jaehyo thought.

“What if they’re something more than friends?” P.O. questioned. Everyone stared at him.

“Pyo Jihoon!” Kyung hissed.

“What? I’m just saying…I don’t think Jungah is the type to blow off plans for just a friend. She especially wouldn’t abandon Zico hyung.” He said.

Everyone shifted their gaze to Zico. *P.O., you idiot.* Kyung shook his head. Zico forced a big smile and shook his head. “Maybe we’re stretching their relationship. If Jungah was dating someone, she would have told me.” *At least, I think she would have. She always tells me everything.* “Let’s just wait until Jungah brings it up.”

“Okay.” U-Kwon simply shrugged and took a giant bite of his pizza. Everyone went back to eating.

Zico worriedly glanced at his phone. *Please don’t tell me P.O. is right. It’s true that I wanted her to find someone better than me to be with…but this is too unexpected.*

 -----------

It was Friday afternoon. School was finally over for the weekend. Kris picked up his backpack and turned to Jungah, “I won’t be able to see you this weekend. I have plans with relatives.” *More like the drug lord of Hongdae.*

“Okay.” She shruggd as if the news didn’t dishearten her at all.

Kris rested his palm on the desk and slightly leaned towards her. His eyes fell upon her, and he gave her an inquiring look. Jungah slung her backpack over her shoulder and shifted her gaze upwards. “What?”

“I’m wondering…” Kris tilted his head, “Won’t you miss me?”

Jungah rolled your eyes, “Don’t kid yourself. I’ve lived well before you, and I’ll survive the weekend without you. Maybe I’ll even fare better.”

“I wouldn’t hold your breath for that one.” He grinned. “Just go.” She passed by him.

“I’ll call you.” Kris said. Jungah paused by the door and glanced sideways at him. “I’ll call you this weekend.” He promised. She merely shrugged and walked away, but a smile was playing on her lips.

Jungah came out of the restroom and wagged her damp hands. *Damn this cheap school. There are no more paper towels.* She halted when she saw Kris walking down the staircase. Jungah opened to call his name but stopped when she saw Wonsuk and his friends crowding around the stairway and watch Kris head towards the exit. Jungah closed . Something told her that they were planning something bad. Her eyebrows furrowed in suspicion. *What is Park Wonsuk up to now?*

“There! The bastard is leaving!” One of the guys frantically pointed.

Wonsuk frowned, “Who does that bastard think he is? He’s acting like he owns the school.”

“And he’s always by Jungah now! I heard they’re really going out now, hyun!” His junior friend whispered.

Wonsuk glowered at Kris, “If that rumor is true, it won’t be for long. I’ll get rid of him. He’ll either go running back to China tomorrow…or he’ll end up in a coma in Korea. Either way, he won’t be returning to this school.” Jungah narrowed her eyes and clenched her fists in fury. *That vile bastard.* “Come on.” Wonsuk tapped his friends and made his way downstairs. His friends quickly followed.

One of them stopped and looked back. Jungah quickly hid behind the wall. The boy glanced around then ran after Wonsuk. Jungah stepped out of her hiding spot with determination written over her face. *I won’t let you touch him, Park Wonsuk. As long as I’m concerned, you will never go near him. I’ll make sure of it.* She quickly strode towards the other exit.

Kris was one of the last ones to l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter