Namsan Tower

The Bittersweet Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0-7kHSMRR0

-----

Kris pulled over in front of an upscale restaurant. He got out and handed the keys to the worker.

Warily, Jungah stepped out and looked up at the fancy restaurant. *What the hell are we doing at such a pricey place?*

The worker went to park his car.

Jungah shifted her gaze back down to Kris. “Why are we here?”

“Why else? To eat.” Kris headed to the entrance. He swung open the door and nodded, “Come on.”

Jungah glanced around then cautiously entered the expensive restaurant. Everything was so glamorous in there. There was a mini water fountain in the middle in the shape of a cupid. Waiters and waitresses in impeccable black and white attire walked about. One waiter came over with a low, respectful bow, “Welcome to La Bella. How many?”

“Two.” Kris answered. “This way, please.” The waiter led them to one of the many empty tables in the back.

“This will be your table.” He motioned. The waiter was about to pull her chair back for her, but Kris stopped him, “I’ll do it for her.” The waiter bowed and stepped back. He placed the menus on the table and left.

Kris pulled back the chair. Jungah raised an eyebrow, “I have arms, you know.”

“It’s common courtesy for a gentleman to pull your chair out. Sit.” Kris nodded to the open chair.

Jungah took a deep breath. Without a choice, she sank into the chair, and he pushed the seat back in for her.

Kris sat in front of her and took the menu. “Do you like pasta?” “I hardly eat it.” Jungah stated.

“Well now you’ll like it. This restaurant is known for their pasta.” Kris stated as he looked through the menu. Jungah gave him another curious, probing look. He caught her questioning stare and blinked at her, “What?” “You’re from China, aren’t you?” She asked.

“Yes.” Kris warily answered. “Then how do you know all these places in Korea that I don’t?” Jungah asked.

*I thought she was going to ask something else.* Kris thought in relief. He smirked, “Easy. Because I’m outgoing.”

Jungah rolled her eyes, “Forget I even expected a serious answer from you.”

Kris shook his head as his lips curved upwards.

Jungah snatched the menu and looked through it. Her eyebrows furrowed at the unfamiliar names. *How the hell am I supposed to pick from all these bizarre names?*

The waiter came back, “Have you decided yet?”

“I’ll have the Pasta al Salmone.” Kris shut the menu and handed it to him. Kris shifted his gaze to you, “What about you?” *Why the hell did we have to come to a pasta place? I don’t know what’s good or not! Damn.* Jungah thought. Kris noticed the perplexity on her face. He looked up at the waiter, “She’ll have the Seafood Alfredo.” The waiter bowed and walked off.

Jungah stared at Kris, “Why did you order for me?! You don’t even know what I like!”

“Trust me. You’ll like it. If you don’t, I owe you another dish of pasta.” Kris said.

Jungah rolled her eyes. *He’s starting his tactics again.* She took a sip of ice water and looked around the place. She couldn’t imagine coming to such a place with Zico. Their meals were never fancy like this, and she liked it that way. She was never suited for such red carpet elegance crap.

“So, Han Jungah, what is your dream?” Kris asked, out of the blue.

“My dream?” She asked in confus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter