Quality Time With Him

The Bittersweet Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aNgqGbo3Iw

-----

The next late morning, another visitor came to Jungah’s door.

Ding Dong.

Jungah curiously poked her head out of the kitchen and stared at her front door. *Who can it be so early in the morning? Perhaps Zico?* She walked over, and without checking first, she swung open the door. Her eyes widened at the unexpected guest. Her heart did an unanticipated flip-flop in her chest.

Kris gazed down at her with shiny eyes. He had missed her a lot while he was away on business.

“Something tells me you weren’t expecting me.”

Jungah wore her poker-face again, “What are you doing here? You didn’t even call.”

“And if I called, I could come?” Kris asked.

Jungah scowled, “You and your mind games. What the heck do you want? The project is done and over with.”

“I can come in, right?” Without hearing her answer, Kris slipped inside.

“What the hell!” She charged after him.

Kris looked around the small, cramped apartment. It was neat but disorganized. Several dishes were piled in the sink, and some of her sweaters were lounging on the couch.

“Get out! You can’t just intrude into people’s houses like this! Didn’t your mother teach you common courtesy?!” Jungah hissed as she pointed towards the door.

Kris turned towards her with a straight face. “I don’t have a mother.”

Jungah waited for him to say “Gotcha!”or“Just pulling your leg.” Maybe even give her an annoyingly reassuring smirk. But his expression didn’t change. Either he was a good actor, or he was serious. And from his dim eyes, she realized it was the latter. *Shoot. Low blow, Han Jungah.* “I…I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to offend you like that.” She grumbled.

Kris shrugged, “Doesn’t matter. It’s just a fact. There’s nothing you or I can change about it.”

Jungah gave him a curious once-over. *Does he really not care that he does not have a mother? Or is he secretly yearning for her? I mean, everyone wants a mother. Even I think about mine sometimes…*

Kris turned around and met eyes with her. Jungah quickly diverted her gaze and coughed to cover up the fact that she had been blatantly staring at him.

“What were you doing?” He questioned. “Nothing of your concern.” She replied.

“So in other words, nothing.” Kris stated.

Jungah scowled. She hated how he could read her like a book.

Kris smirked, “I was right?” Jungah opened the front door, “Leave.”

“Go get dressed first.” Kris nodded. “Why should I?” She growled. “Because we’re going out.” He said.

“Oh for goodness sakes!” Jungah hissed and slammed the door shut. She whirled around and crossed her arms with an unhappy frown, “Why the hell would I go out with you?”

“Did you forget already? You owe me coffee.” Kris stated.

“Bull. I don’t owe you anything.” Jungah snapped.

Kris held out his hand, “Then pay me for the pizza.”

“Gladly.” Jungah sneered. She strode over to her backpack, yanked out her wallet, and ripped it open. She parted the pocket to find only a wrinkly five-dollar bill. *Crap. Did he know I didn’t have enough money?* Jungah wondered. Her eyes darted up at Kris. He crossed his arms with a raised eyebrow, “You don’t have money, do you?” “I do!” Jungah hissed. She held out the five-dollar bill and slapped it on his chest. Kris checked the bill and smirked in amusement, “I’m sure that pizza cost more than five dollars…”

“Shut up. I’ll pay you the rest tomorrow. Now leave.” Jungah demanded.

“I don’t know why you’re making things more complicated than it has to be.” Kris lounged on the arm of her sofa. “All you have to do is buy me coffee, which is what…three bucks? Maybe 5?”

“Then go buy your own damn coffee with the five-dollar bill I gave you.” Jungah snapped.

Kris crossed his arms with a lazy shrug, “Forget it. I actually like it here. Maybe you can make me coffee then.”

“I don’t have coffee, genius. I told you. I don’t like coffee.” Jungah snarled.

Kris fluidly stood up and was in front of her. Her eyes narrowed in the middle. “Either you come get coffee with me, or I will stay at your house until you make me coffee. Your choice.” He mildly threatened. “Muh?!” She asked in outrage.

Kris straightened up with his hands in his pockets and shrugged, “What have you got to lose by spending the afternoon with me?”

“My sanity.” Jungah retorted.

Kris couldn’t help but laugh at her comment. He slipped her hood over her head and spun her around. “What the- hey!” She yelped as he pushed her into her bedroom. “Change. I’ll wait.” Kris shut the bedroom door and smiled with a shake of his head. His smile softened, and he adoringly gazed at the door. *I missed you a lot, Han Jungah. Your snarky comments. Your short temper. Your black hair. I missed every single thing about you. It drove me insane not to be able to see you this entire week. I’m getting too attached to you. I don’t know if this is good or not. Only time will tell, I guess.*

Jungah scowled at the door. *What’s his big deal? Does he think he can order me around?! Well I, Han Jungah, will not be controlled by anyone!*

----

Fifteen minutes later, Jungah came out of the room.

Kris checked his watch, “Took you long enough-“ He abruptly stopped and stared at her. His eyes grazed over her mini blue dress and navy blue hoodie. His eyes swept over her long, bare legs and down to her tattered blue wedge sneakers. Kris drifted his gaze back to her face. Her lips shined more than usual. *Is that lip gloss? For me?* His lips curved upwards.

Jungah cleared while slightly flushing, “What? You told me to change.”

“I never told you to wear a dress.” Kris chuckled.

“I wouldn’t have listened to you anyways!” She snapped. “You know what? this.” Jungah took her bag off, “I’m not going-“

Kris grabbed her bag. Jungah looked at him.

“I never said you look bag. You look…different.” Kris slung the bag over her shoulder and gave her a small, soft smile, “Good different.” Her heart reacted strangely to those two simple words. *What the hell is wrong with me?! Snap out of it, Han Jungah!*

“Let’s go.” Kris headed to the door. Jungah locked the door and followed him to the parking lot.

He opened the door to his orange sportscar. After a brief hesitation period, she enter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter