"Babe"

The Bittersweet Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn2Bb-IOqWE

----

 

Two weeks had passed since the rumor of Kris and Jungah had begun.

And yet, it hadn’t died down. It was one of the hottest gossip of the year.

Jungah gritted her teeth in annoyance as she heard whispers behind her back. She loudly slammed her fist on the table and glared back. The posse of girls gasped and scattered off. Kris entered the room.

“It’s him! Jungah’s boyfriend!” They squealed. “Aish.” She hissed. The girls ducked their heads and left.

Kris tossed his backpack on the table and sat down. He glanced around and saw students sneaking glances at him as if he was an animal on display at the zoo.

“I thought you said gossip would fade.” Jungah muttered. “I said eventually.” Kris corrected.

“And when the hell is eventually?! It’s been half a month already! God!” She stamped her feet impatiently.

“Do you hate being in such a rumor with me?” Kris smirked.

“You even call that a question?” Jungah growled. She noticed heated stares and snarled, “EYES DOWN BEFORE I YANK THEM OUT OF YOUR SKULL AND FEED IT TO THE RATS!” Everyone quickly faced forward.

Kris shook his head in amusement. *Temper, temper.*

Jungah glanced at him and snapped, “That goes for you, Big Bird. Quit looking at me before I go Sesame Street on your .” He chuckled. Annoyed that she didn’t faze him, she stuck her earphones into her ears and drowned reality out.

 -------------

Jungah skipped lunch, as usual, and stayed in the quiet, dark auditorium with her music. She glanced at her phone from time to time, wondering if Zico would contact her anytime soon. *He’s been gone for three days already. Is everything all right? What if he’s in trouble? What if he forgot about me. But this is Zico we’re talking about. He would never forget about me.*

Jungah sighed and checked her messages again. There was nothing, and her shoulders slumped in disappointment.

“Waiting for a call?” A voice asked in the shadows. Startled, Jungah whipped her head around.

Kris pushed himself off the walls and stepped into the one light. Jungah narrowed her eyes, “You again?”

“Yeah, Big Bird is back. You know I like to wander off to find my neighbors and annoy them to death with my fluffiness.” He plopped down in the empty seat next to her, and she rolled her eyes.

“I don’t remember inviting you here.”

“I don’t remember you owning this particular room.” Kris quipped.

Jungah gave him a blasé look. He gave her an innocent smile and a shrug. “Whatever.” She tucked her phone back into her pocket. Kris glanced down at her ipod, “What were you listening to?”

“Something you won’t be interested in.” Jungah stood up.

“How do you know I won’t be interested in it? You hardly know me.” Kris calmly said.

“Let’s keep it that way.” Jungah walked past him towards the exit.

Kris got up and followed her. He didn’t know why he was wasting his time with this girl. But she was like his own drug. The more he spent time with her, the more he wanted to be with her. She was his addiction.

Jungah swung open the door and stepped out into the hallway with Kris right behind her.

“See! I told you they were going out!” One girl squealed and pointed. Jungah halted. *Oh God. Here we go again.* Everyone in the hallways were chatting about them.

“What were they doing in the dark auditorium room by themselves?”

“Ohmygod. Is that where they lost their ities?!”

“So hot!” “So lucky!”

Jungah rolled her eyes. *Spare me, please.*

Wonsuk appeared with his gang. When he saw Kris and Jungah together, his blood broiled. A new student had whisked his prize right out from underneath his nose. He wouldn’t allow such a thing to happen. “Yah, Han Jungah.” Wonsuk called. Kris and Jungah looked towards him. The students bubbled with excitement. They were always looking forward to any drama to gossip about. *Wow. This is a soap opera about to happen.* Jungah rolled her eyes and crossed her arms sullenly.

Wonsuk approached her, and glanced up at Kris. He smirked, “Wow. This is new. I didn’t know you had such bad taste, Jungah. I always thought you had better taste for boytoys.”

Kris raised an eyebrow. *Is this guy trying to pick a fight?*

“I do. That’s why I didn’t pick either of you.” Jungah sneered. She tried to go, but Wonsuk blocked her path. She shot him an irritated look. Wonsuk tilted his head and gave he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter