Us Vs. Them

The Bittersweet Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_kyht_rfws

-----

 

On Monday, Kris came to school more keenly than usual. The last time he had seen Jungah were two nights ago at the nightclub when the two of them had exchanged hot sparks unknowingly. That incident made her more intriguing to him, and for some reason, she had been spinning in his mind ever since then.

Kris entered the classroom. Sure enough, Jungah was already at her desk. She scribbled mindless circles on the already-ruined desk with her earphones in her ears.

Kris sat next to her, and Jungah shifted her gaze towards him.

*Will she act like nothing happened Saturday night? Will she go back to her cold self?* “Hey.” Kris greeted, waiting for her response.

Jungah nodded back in acknowledgement but did not say anything else. *At least she didn’t at me like usual.* Kris tossed his backpack on the ground and looked around with a sigh. His phone vibrated in his pocket, and he flipped it open to find a new text message. ‘Tonight 6p.m. at Blue Tier Hotel.’

*I knew they would sign the contract.* Kris began texting back.

Jungah’s eyes drifted down towards his side, where he was covertly texting someone. She couldn’t help but become curious who he was texting so secretively. Before she could crane her neck and see, he shut his phone and slipped it back into his pocket. *Whatever. Who gives a damn anyways?* Jungah looked out the window.

 -------

Lunchtime came, and mostly everyone gathered in the cramped cafeteria to stuff their faces with food. Jungah had no appetite at school and just sat in the empty, dark auditorium alone with her ipod blasting in her ears.

The door opened a crack, and Kris poked his head in. *Finally, I found her.* When Kris realized Jungah wasn’t planning to show up in the cafeteria, he had gone looking for her. He didn’t know why. He just did what his heart told him to do. *Maybe she wants to be alone. But who really does? I prefer to be alone because there’s no other choice I have.*

Kris took a deep breath and entered the room. The door clicked shut behind him.

Yet, Jungah didn’t move. She was too deep in her thoughts, and the music distracted her. She felt a shadow by her side and looked up. *What the freak…?* Slowly, Jungah pulled the earphones out of her ears and stared up at him.

“What are you doing alone here?” Kris asked.

“What you said. Being alone.” She said. He sat next to her without even asking.

Jungah raised an eyebrow, “Didn’t you hear what I just said? I want to be alone. I don’t know what your definition of alone means, but it definitely does not include you.”

He ignored her quip, “Aren’t you going to eat?” “Aren’t you?” She backfired.

This time, Kris raised an eyebrow, “Do you ever answer a question directly?” “Do I have to?” Jungah questioned back.

Kris smirked and shook his head.

“Damn you. Now that you’re here, it’s not my secret place anymore.” Jungah growled as she turned her ipod off and wound the earphones around it. “There are no such things as secrets in the world. One way or another, they will always get exposed.” Kris stated. *I should heed my own warning. What the hell am I doing trying to get closer to this girl who isn’t even impressed with me?*

“Okay, Confucius. Go and spread your wisdom to people who are interested.” Jungah stood up and walked towards the door. Kris got up and followed her. Jungah glanced over her shoulder and rolled her eyes. She opened the door a bit and gave him a look, “You know. You have a bad habit of stalking me.” He grabbed the edge of the door and smirked, “I don’t know what your d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter