american and korean age

academia: to know more about kpop

Difference between American and Korean age. 

In Korea, when you were born, you're one year old. Regardless of your birthdate, you'll be another year older when New Year happens. So for your first birthday, you'll be a year older, making that three years. In America, on the other hand, when you were born, you still have no definite age. It'll be counted by days, weeks or months. So when you have your first birthday, you're just one year old. Get what I mean? Id not, here's an example from answers.yahoo.

Question: Born July 10, 1984. I thought i was 24 years old, but the embassy in D.C. and the consulate in Atlanta both told me that i'm still 23 years old even in Korean age.

Answer *still taken from answers.yahoo: In Korea, at birth you are 1 year old. So in your case July 11, 1984 you were one day old in the U.S. but 1 year old in Korea. On Jan. 1, 1985 you were almost 6 months old in the U.S. but 2 years old in Korea because on Jan. 1 of the new year you become 1 year older regardless of your date of birth. So now Nov. 29, 2007 you are 23 years old in the U.S. but 24 years old in Korean age. On Jan. 1, 2008 you will be 25 years old in Korean age.

 


If you still have question, feel free to ask me. And do visit academia: a guide to know-how.