b a b y s t e p s . oneshot { oc + xiumin }

[ apply . ] exo song one-shots

a/n; first requester! Hope you like it! ~ Hehe Make sure you comment and tell me how it is!
All one-shots will be one chapter long only ^^~

 

Oneshot Info:

Based on TaeTiSeo(SNSD) - Baby Steps
Requester: edlyns with her character; Eun Youngrin
EXO Member: Xiumin [ Kim Minseok ]

-

I smiled as Xiumin smiled and did high-fives with his soccer teammates. I was standing behind the tree, feeling the happiness that he had made a goal. I felt like going up to him, but I was too scared.

 

I hide because my small shadow might be seen”

 

Suddenly, I saw him walking my way. My heart beat faster and I thought of this as a chance to go. I can't hide away from him forever.


“ my entire body walks, only seeing you”

 

I took a step towards him and away from the tree, but one of his friends called him and he walked away with him. My heart sunk.

 

I walked home, thinking about what should I do. He doesn't even know me yet, so I decided I would make friends with him first. I smiled happily, as I thought about talking to him for the first time.

 

- next day

 

As usual, I went to the soccer field, just to find Xiumin smiling brightly, as he cheerfully played soccer. Instead of standing behind the tree, I sat down on a bench, on the the side of the field. I was thinking about how I should befriend Xiumin, when a soccer ball came and hit my foot. It stinged with pain. I heard someone apologize to me.

 

please come closer so you can see my love”

 

“I am so sorry! Are you alright?” I looked up and saw Xiumin's sweaty face in front of me. When I look at him closer, he looks even more cute and handsome. I blushed at the sight.

 

“Y-yeah, I'm fine.” I replied. I tried to stand up but it felt as if a really sharp needle had poked me on the ankle. I didn't know that it would happen, so I accidentally fell, but Xiumin caught me. I felt flustered as I was in Xiumin's embrace. It was so comforting and warm.

 

“I'm really sorry!” He apologized again and helped me stand up. He signaled to his team mates saying for a break, they all nodded. The sudden interaction with Xiumin was making my heart beat like crazy, I didn't even notice and give attention to my injury. I looked up at him. He was blushing and quite flustered, as if he didn't know what to do. I laughed.

 

“You've got quite power there in your ball.” I stated. He looked even more flustered and apologized to me again. I shook my head.

 

“It's okay,” I said sincerely. “It doesn't hurt that much anyway.” I smiled at him. He smiled back, but he still looked sorry. He then looked at me with an idea.

 

“I'll go get a plaster for you!” He said and quickly ran off. I giggled a little bit. He's so cute. I smiled sweetly and looked at the sky. I blushed a little bit, as I have finally entered Xiumin's life. I closed my eyes and before I knew it, happy tears flowed out of me. My heart felt so light, and I felt really happy. After all that time of being shy and standing behind that tree..

 

Ehh? Why are you crying?” Xiumin said, while panting. I looked at him surprisingly and wiped off my tears.

 

It's nothing, but how'd you get back so fast?” I asked him. He chuckled.

 

I don't play soccer for nothing.” He replied. I laughed, so did he. He quickly put the plaster on for me. I tried to convince him that I can do it myself, but he insisted and I couldn't convince him. After he put it on, he seated himself next to me. He looked over at me, which made me blush at his direct eye contact. He spoke with his sweet voice.

 

One, Two, my heart”

 

What's your name?” He asked me. I found it surprising as I had just found out I haven't given him my name yet!

Eun Youngrin,” I replied. “You can call me Youngrin if you want.” I smiled. He smiled back, and said something to himself and blushed a little bit. I looked at him with confusion.

 

It's so hard to read your eyes”

 

Did you say something?” I asked. He shook his head.

 

Oh, it's nothing,” He smiled again, with his eye smile. “My name is Kim Minseok,” he cheerfully grinned. “but everyone calls me Xiumin.”

 

I smiled. Kim Minseok. I finally knew his full name. I decided to take this moment and do something daring.

 

Oh, with trembling steps, I carefully approach you”

 

Did you know,” I looked at him, feeling my cheeks burning. “That your smile is really charming?” He looked at me with surprise. I couldn't make eye contact with him because I was embarrassed, so I looked at the ground. He didn't say anything, so I glanced up at him. His cheeks were bright red. He looked quite flustered, with his hand covering his mouth. I looked at him with surprise. He noticed I was looking and he blushed even more and smiled shyly.

 

My scrunched up feelings keep seeping out”

 

You know,” he began. “I always saw you behind that tree.” He said, with his face still red. I looked at him with surprise. He saw me there. I was suddenly kind of embarrassed, he saw me all that time behind that tree. I started to become really nervous. I knew this was my chance, and so I decided to try.

 

Oh, with trembling steps, I carefully approach you again”

 

U-Umm, Xiumin,” I started to say. “I..,” He looked over at me. I squeezed my eyes shut and said it out. “I.. have always liked you.” I confessed. I didn't know what his reaction was, and I was scared that he would reject me. I kept my eyes closed, blushing like crazy, heart beating rapidly. I didn't want to look at him. How could he have the same feelings for me?

 

At that moment, I felt a pair of arms surround me. I opened my eyes and saw that Xiumin had hugged me.

 

I wait for the day you will hold me in your embrace”

 

 

X-Xiumi-” He cut me. “Call me Minseok.” I blushed and slightly nodded. He tightened the hug around me.

 

“Youngrin,” he whispered in my ear. “I like you too.”

 

for the day that I will touch your heart

- - -

 

a/n; hope you liked that!
Anyone is free to leave any feedback, cause I really like to read feedback 8DD~ <3

Thanks for reading ^^