09

Scarlet Necklace

It was soon time for Hyunsoo to leave for China. If it wasn't for the fact that their parents and him were coming back again in June, she'd be more unwilling to let him go than she already was. Nothing changed in school, Baekhyun was still sticking to her like a leech, not that she minded. She actually got used to his presence and on those rare days that he didn't walk her to class, she'd be wondering where he was, if he suddenly started to dislike her or something. Yejin actually did get to hear about those rumours of her and Baekhyun being an item. She didn't hear much negative comments about it except for one about her two-timing him with Hyunsoo. That one was ridiculous, Hyunsoo was her brother. But well, it was human nature to judge, she wasn't going to lie and say she didn't judge others too.

"Okay!" Ms. Go interrupted her train of thoughts. "So I have some pretty exciting news for you guys."

The class was deadly silent.

"Gosh, have more enthusiasm! Anyways, the school's going to hold a funfair!" Yejin's ears perked up. "Each level will be doing different things, but the first years will be selling food and drinks."

"Why can't we do games?" One of her classmates asked.

"Because the second years are doing that. So, I will be needing the class committee to take charge here. I won't be helping you guys in your planning but if you have to clarify your doubts then you can ask me. Clear?"

Yejin groaned inwardly. She was part of the class committee along with Minji. Her role was small (and unnecessary) so she wondered why she couldn't be excused of this burden. Chunhee and Minji were class and vice class president so those two would be the busier ones. In the end, the six of them decided to stay later today to discuss about it. Well, at least Yejin wasn't stuck with a bunch of people she wasn't close to.

--

"So we'll meet back in the classroom at 3pm," the rest nodded after Chunhee's instructions and went off on their own for lunch. Yejin and Minji decided to go to the ramen shop just across to eat. They met at the classroom on time. After a long discussion, they decided on selling fruit smoothies and hotdogs. 

"Gosh, total waste of my time," Yejin shook her head.

"Why? Planning is fun. Especially when you get to decided who does what and do nothing yourself!" Minji nudged her.

"Heh. I guess that's one of the perks. I swear if you assign me to clean up I will kill you," Yejin shot her a warning glare.

"Don't worry, that job is for Haejin the neat freak," Minji snickered.

"Hey, don't be making fun of my desk partner. He piggybacked me all the way to the nurse's office when I sprained my ankle the other time," Yejin shook her head.

"Still doesn't change the fact that he's a neat freak," Minji rolled her eyes and checked her phone when it buzzed. "Oh hey, my dad's here to pick me up. I'll see you tomorrow!"

"Bye~" Yejin waved and Minji turned to run back to the car park. She made her way to the bus stop but almost screamed when someone pulled her by the handle of her backpack.

"Heyyyy," Chanyeol flashed a cheesey smile and slung his arm over her shoulder.

"You almost gave me a heart attack!" Yejin pinched his waist.

"I'll kill him if he does," Baekhyun materialized on the other side.

"Why are all of you appearing out of nowhere, seriously." Yejin scowled.

"Why are you so late today?" Baekhyun asked, ignoring her previous statement.

"Stupid committee meeting for that stupid funfair the school's holding taking up my precious Friday afternoon," she muttered and took a seat at the bus stop.

"Oh we just finished our meeting too!" Chanyeol said a little too loudly.

"You guys were in the class committee?" Yejin raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, this guy's my vice president," Baekhyun shook his head and whispered to her. "He is such a pest, really."

"Hey I heard that," he glared at Baekhyun who blinked innocently.

"Will you get your arms off of me already, I feel like I have thousand pounds on my shoulders," Yejin shrugged their arms off. Chanyeol's bus came first so it was just the two of them. They sat in comfortable silence for a while before she spoke up.

"Don't you have to take the bus from the opposite side?" Yejin rasied an eyebrow.

"I want to wait for you to go before I do," Baekhyun smiled.

"You really like me, don't you," Yejin gave him a flat stare.

"No!" Baekhyun blurted as he fidgeted in his seat.

"I was kidding," Yejin smiled. gently punching his arm. "My bus' here. You can go."

"See ya," he smiled back and watched her board the bus safely and went to catch his own bus home. Yejin arrived at a quiet and seemingly empty home. She took off her shoes and tossed her backpack onto the couch, waiting for Heechul to come out. When he didn't she went upstairs to his room. He was breathing rather heavily and sweating profusely despite the air-conditioner being .

Yejin felt her heartbeat race and she ran over to him. "Oppa, what's wrong?"

"You're home," he smiled despite feeling sick in every part of his body.

"What happened?" Yejin felt his forehead and gasped. "You're burning up. I'll go get you medicine."

"Thanks," Heechul smiled gratefully and closed his eyes. Yejin ran to the kitchen cabinet where the first aid kit was at but found that they ran out of Panadol. Yejin arrived at the nearest convenience store and bought her things. Just as she stepped out, a group of old drunk men stood in her way.

It's broad daylight and you're drunk? Nice life you got there.

"Have some time to spare, pretty?" One smiled.

"No," Yejin rolled her eyes and tried to squeeze her way through. The second she felt an arm on her shoulder, she turned and roundhouse kicked the nearest one in the face before scoffing and storming off.

Morons.

 

The chapter's a little boring but do expect a little more next chapter ^^

Hi new readers~


image