Bonding Time

Scarlet Necklace

They found themselves in a warm and cozy café. Hyunsoo bought them drinks and they sat at the quiet corner of the place.

“Why’d you suddenly come back?” Yejin asked.

“‘Cause I missed you~” Hyunsoo sang happily.

“No, seriously. Why?” Yejin gave him a flat state.

“Dammit, Jinnie, why can’t you just be happy for me?!” Hyunsoo scowled.

“Are you on drugs or something?” She raised an eyebrow, completely unfazed by his outburst. Sometimes she wondered if he really was the oldest out of the three and not her.

Hyunsoo rolled his eyes. “I came to make sure you weren’t tripping left and right and getting your pretty face scarred.”

“Ha. Ha. Well I’m not,” Yejin sneered. “How long are you staying for?”

“Don’t know. Three days?” Hyunsoo sipped his hot chocolate.

“And where are you sleeping?”

“With you guys, of course!” Hyunsoo tapped her nose.

“I have one monkey at home, I really don’t need another,” Yejin fought her laugh back when Hyunsoo faked a dramatic hurt expression and clutched his chest.

“You hate oppa that much?” He pretended to sob.

“There, there. It’s okay, I'll try to act like I love you, oppa,” Yejin patted his shoulder in mock sympathy.

“Aish,” Hyunsoo made a move to bite her. “Heechul’s been teaching you too many snarky remarks lately. You’re talking back to your elders a lot now.”

“Did you meet Heechul oppa yet?”

“Nope. When I came home he was out. I left my suitcase in Heechul's room,” Hyunsoo shrugged.

“You know he’s still holding a grudge against you for what happened back then,” Yejin pointed out.

“He’s one thing. The more important matter is, do you still hold a grudge against me?” Hyunsoo looked straight into her eyes.

“I never did, oppa,” Yejin squeezed his hand reassuringly. "It doesn’t matter anymore. It’s in the past,” Yejin stated firmly. “Now did you come back just to talk about stupid things or are you here to spend time with us?”

“Of course the second! Let’s go shopping,” Hyunsoo dragged her out of the café and flagged a can. The siblings got off at Dongdaemun.

“You’re paying for this right?” Yejin grinned.

“I came armed, dearest sister,” Hyunsoo waved his wallet in front of her before putting it back into his jean pocket. If there was one thing the three siblings enjoy the most, it would be shopping. They could spent hours just doing nothing but shop and shop. But of course, they did so only once in a while.

“Hey, get this!” Hyunsoo smirked playfully and held up ahjumma pants. “You can wear it when you go out with that Baekhyun guy again.”

“Don’t be stupid,” Yejin flicked his forehead and put the pants back. Her eyes flickered left and right, looking or something that would catch her eye. “Aha!”

“What?” Hyunsoo jogged to catch up.

“Here,” Yejin held up a black hoodie that said ‘I’m big brother 1’ and a white one that said ‘I’m big brother 2’.

“Really?” Hyunsoo gave her a flat stare.

“If not then forget it,” Yejin huffed and put the hoodies back before stomping off.

“Is my Jinnie mad?” Hyunsoo slung an arm over her shoulder.

“Hmph. Here I was being the thoughtful sister,” Yejin folded her arms.

“We’ll get something else~” Hyunsoo cooed.

“Whatever,” Yejin stuck her tongue out and shrugged his arm off. In the end, they forgot about getting sibling stuff and bought clothes for themselves and the left out Heechul. Around evening, they took a taxi back.

“So what exactly is your relationship with that guy,” Hyunsoo questioned.

“Just a friend,” Yejin shrugged.

“He certainly doesn’t think that way,” he smiled.

“So in what ‘way’ is he thinking?” Yejin raised an eyebrow.

“He’s head over heels in love with you, duh.”

“And how would you know? You just met him,” she shook her head.

“It takes a guy to know a guy. I don’t have to know him for years to tell his feelings for you,” Hyunsoo said.

“Mhm, whatever you say,” Yejin closed her eyes for a quick nap. She woke up shortly after and they entered their house.

“We’re back~” Yejin called out.

“Hyung, you were with her?”

“Yep! How come you don’t seem surprised that I’m here?” Hyunsoo raised an eyebrow.

“Because I saw your suitcase in my room, duh,” Heechul rolled his eyes.

“Fine, fine, smartypants,” Hyunsoo parked himself on couch.

“Oppa have you eaten?” Yejin asked, making her way to the kitchen.

“No I was waiting for you,” Heechul replied, turning on the tv and comfortably falling back onto the couch beside Hyunsoo.

“How was the shoot today? Did Baekhyun do well?” Yejin took out the pot and started boiling water for kimchi stew.

“Yeah. He got praised a lot.”

“Wait, wait, wait. So her admirer is a model? Damn Jinnie, never knew you had what it takes!” Hyunsoo smiled at her proudly. Yejin shot him a death glare which made him zip his mouth.

“What admirer? Baekhyun? THAT GUY HAS A CRUSH ON YOU?!” Heechul roared from the living room.

These goons I call my older brothers can be such a pain in the sometimes.