Hongdae Shopping District

Scarlet Necklace

Baekhyun tipped them over and they were freely falling down. Their arms unknowingly tightened around each other. Yejin took a peek of the view over his shoulder. It would’ve been better if she could take a picture with her eyes, because before she knew it, they were on the boat that would row them back to shore.

“Best feeling ever,” Baekhyun took deep breath of fresh air, secretly enjoying the fact that his arm was coincidentally draped over her shoulders.

“Agreed,” Yejin smiled, not realizing the cute position they were in and leaned her head back on his arm. They reached shore quickly and thanked the uncle.

“Hungry?”

Yejin nodded. “Starving.”

“Come on,” Baekhyun smiled and took her wrist. Yejin was still in a daze from the experience and allowed herself to be pulled along. The two arrived in Hongdae not long after and Yejin got them fruit smoothies. They ate at a food stand before roaming around the shopping district.

"Oh, hey put this on," Yejin slipped on a pair of sunglasses with bacon as the frame and burst into laughter at the result. "Oh my gosh.."

"Is it that funny?" Baekhyun bent down to examine himself in the mirror and burst into laughter himself before scrambling to remove it. "Get that image of me out of your head!"

"I can't," Yejin said between gasps of air. "I should've taken a picture!"

"No you shouldn't have. Gosh, let's go already," Baekhyun huffed and dragged her away by her wrists. Even being pulled along, Yejin still couldn't stop laughing. "Stop it!"

"Okay," Yejin exhaled. "I'm good."

"Hmph," Baekhyun pouted.

"I'm sorry, little baby~" Yejin cooed. "Come on, I'll treat you to milkshake."

"That's better," Baekhyun smiled, satisfied. The entered the nearest shop and bought their drinks. The sun was setting by now, only streaks of sunlight lit the sky. As soon as they stepped out of the shop, a flash blinded them temporarily.

"What the.." Yejin blinked, trying to regain a clear vision.

"I'll give you this polaroid picture for 2000 won and I'll give you another for an extra 1000," the man who took the picture said.

"Um.. Sure," Baekhyun gave the guy 3000 won and pulled Yejin closer for another picture. They collected their polaroids and carried on walking.

"For a second I thought it was paparazzi," Yejin sighed in relief.

"I'm not all that popular, y'know," Baekhyun smiled. 

"But still, your face gets shown on magazines," she reasoned.

Baekhyun stole a glance at her and smiled to himself. "I'll take you home."

"Are you sure?" Yejin looked at him.

"Yeah. I could drop by and say hi to Heechul hyung before leaving," Baekhyun shrugged. They walked to the bus stop and boarded the bus back to her house. It was relatively empty and the two sat way at the back.

"Hmm," Baekhyun started off. "Anyone caught your eye lately?"

"Why?" Yejin chuckled.

"Just curious," he shrugged and looked at her. "Do you?"

"Not really," Yejin shook her head. "Well there are some cuties here and there, but not really my kinda thing."

"What exactly is your 'thing'?" Baekhyun asked with a hopeful smile.

"Well for starters, I like guys with nice long fingers. Like Bang Yongguk's," she giggled.

"B.A.P?" Baekhyun raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah! You know them? Gosh they're so cute. But stupid Heechul oppa drew on my poster and I haven't got a chance to replace it yet," Yejin scowled and looked down. "Oh, you have long fingers too."

"So I do," Baekhyun smiled brightly. "Keep going."

"Hmm.. Guys with a really cute eyesmile," she smiled to herself. "Smile for me."

"What?" Baekhyun stared at her. "I can't , it's so awkward with you staring like that!"

"Fine then I'll make you," Yejin tickled him and stared intently at his eyes. Baekhyun exploded into a fit of giggles but quickly covered his mouth when he received disapproving looks from the elders sitting in front. "Yep, you have a really cute eyesmile too."

"So does that mean I'm your kinda 'thing'?" Baekhyun asked, his eyes shinging with hope.

"Maybe," Yejin cast him a sidelong glance. "What about you?"

"Hmm.. Well, for one I like girls who have a beautiful smile," he said after thinking for a while. "And personality of an angel. Sweet, kind, thoughtful, nice—"

"Good luck trying to find her," Yejin cut him off.

"I already did. I didn't even have to look, she was sent to me," Baekhyun muttered, afraid to look into her eyes.

"Huh, sounds like you're talking about me," Yejin smiled playfully.

"W- What?" Baekhyun's heart hammered against his ribs.

"I was kidding, am I that thick-skinned to you," Yejin shook her head, still smiling. "Oh, here's my stop." 

That was close. Baekhyun heaved a small sigh of relief and followed her off the bus. After walking for a bit, the two arrived at her house. 

"Oppa!" Yejin called out.

"Coming~" Heechul sang and ran down the stairs. "Baekhyun?"

"Hi," he waved.

"You were out with Baekhyun?" Heechul looked at his sister.

"Yep," she replied nonchalantly.

"Well I just came in to say hi. I better go," Baekhyun smiled.

"Drink something before going?' Yejin offered.

"Nah, it's cool. It's late, you should rest," Yejin nodded and showed him out. 

"Explain," Heechul folded his arms and tapped his right foot on the floor.

"Explain what?" Yejin rolled her eyes and went to pour herself some juice.

"Why were you with Baekhyun?"

"I told you we were going out," she said, slightly irritated.

"Go to sleep," Heechul shook his head, slightly disappointed. Yejin didn't need him to tell her a second time before going upstairs for a shower and heading to bed.

 

Thanks for subscribing and commenting~~ :')
image
I'm so happy, accept my love~
image