If I Told You We Were Soulmates

Scarlet Necklace

Yejin blinked rapidly. “Excuse me?”

“I’ll see you around then,” Baekhyun smiled and went on his way, leaving Yejin stunned by the door. The bell rang and she was still frozen there, a million thoughts rushing through her mind.

“Yejin! What are you doing? Hurry inside,” Ms. Go brought her mind back. Yejin nodded and went to her seat, still wondering if she heard Baekhyun right. If she did..

He’s crazy! He’s known me for what? Two days? Now he’s telling me not to fall for anyone else when he’s obviously trying to hint to me that he likes me, not trying to be egotistical and thinking everyone is in love with me or anything but come on! It’s possible that he’s trying to tell me that he likes me or something—

“Kim Yejin!”

“What?” She blurted. “Present.” Her classmates snickered as Ms. Go shook her head and marked her present.

Two months had passed. Things were going quite well. Yejin made two new friends, Minji and Hyosung, and had pretty good grades. Baekhyun and her managed to get closer during the two month period. Baekhyun found himself falling harder for her each day. He was worried since she didn’t look like she was doung the same. Yejin got to know his five other friends and they got along pretty well. Baekhyun had four shoots and Heechul handled it well.

“Alright! Three rounds around the track, let’s go!” Mr Hwang blew his annoying whistle and the class began to run. Yejin hated running. But she had no other choice since she skipped PE lessons three weeks in a row and got sent to detention just yesterday. She had to lay low for a while. She was about to complete her final lap when the student behind her accidentally stepped on the back of her shoe, causing her to trip and tumble forward.

“Are you okay?!” The students nearby rushed to her aid. Yejin suffered a scraped knee and probably a sprained ankle.

“I’m fine,” Yejin winced as her classmates helped her up.

“Take her to the nurse’s office,” Mr Hwang instructed. One of the stronger guys, Haejin, put her on his back and carried her to the nurse’s office.

“Thanks man. I’m heavy and ,” Yejin sighed.

“Don’t mention it. And you’re not heavy,” Haejin smiled politely even though she couldn’t see. They entered the office and he set her on the chair carefully.

“I’ll ask Minji to get your bag for you.”

“Thanks,” Yejin smiled gratefully.

“No worries. Get well soon,” Haejin smiled back and left the office. The nurse came cleaned her wound.

“I’m sorry, I can’t do anything about your ankle but give some medicated oil. You’ll have to see a bonesetter for that,” the nurse said.

“Okay,” Yejin nodded.

“I’ll call your parents.

"Er, my parents are out of town. Call my brother instead,” Yejin gave her Heechul’s number.

“You okay? Your ankle looks bad,” Minji entered the office with Yejin’s backpack.

“Hurts like a , but I’m fine,” Yejin chuckled.

“Here, packed your stuff for ya. Hope I didn’t leave anything,” Minji put her back on the table.

“Thanks. You should go back,” Yejin smiled.

“Get well soon~” Minji pinched her cheek and left. Half an hour later, Heechul burst into the office all panicky and anxious.

“What happened?!”

“I fell and sprained my ankle. Take me home,” Yejin pouted.

“Come on,” Heechul slung her backpack in front and let Yejin get on his back. The siblings left the school.

“Where’s your bike?”

“Still in the autoshop,” Heechul sighed. “That’s why I took so long to get here. There’s a bonesetting clinic just down the block, we’ll walk then cab home from there.”

Yejin nodded and closed her eyes while resting her chin on his shoulder. “Am I heavy?”

“Not at all,” Heechul smiled.

“Good. Thanks, oppa. I love you,” Yejin mumbled and dozed off. She woke up shortly after in the clinic. The doctor did his job and the two went home.

“Do you wanna sleep first or take a shower?” Heechul asked.

“Shower. I had PE today,” Yejin rubbed her eyes tiredly.

“Okay, well the doctor said not to let the bandage get wet. Need help bathing?”

“NO!” Yejin yelped.

“I was kidding,” Heechul chortled and put the cover of the toilet down before letting her down. “I’ll get you a stool.”

After carefully taking a shower to not get her cast wet, Yejin climbed into bed to take a nap.

Yejin woke up sometime around evening and limped her way downstairs. Heechul saw her and quickly rushed to her aid. He helped her to the couch and got her food.

“I ordered takeout since you suffered a sprained ankle and you probably don’t want to suffer from food poisoning as well,” Heechul heated the jajjangmyun up.

“Wise choice,” Yejin turned the tv on. “Crutches?”

“Yeah. You wouldn’t want to put too much weight on that ankle so I got it. Oh, hyung called. I told him about you, he wants to talk to you. Skype him or something later,” Heechul came back with the bowl of jajangmyung and wooden chopsticks.

“I wanna go Skype him now,” Yejin got up.

"Later,” Heechul shot her a look and she sat back down. Yejin finished half a bowl before setting her chopsticks down.

“I’m full,” she leaned back and patted her tummy.

“Already? You barely ate,” Heechul poked at her noodles.

“Yep. You can have the rest,” Yejin got up and hobbled to her room, eager to contact her big oppa again. As soon as she logged on to Skype, Hyunsoo called.

“Maknae, are you okay?!” Hyunsoo’s worried face appeared on the screen.

“I’m okay, oppa,” Yejin smiled.

“Are you sure? Let me see!”

“Don’t be silly. I’m fine, really,” Yejin shook her head.

“This won’t do. I don’t Skype you for one month and this happens,” Hyunsoo frowned.

“Shows that you have to Skype me more often,” Yejin grinned.

“Is Chullie taking care of you well?” Hyunsoo asked worriedly.

“Yep! Treats me like a princess,” she smiled.

“That’s good. I’ll come visit you soon, okay?” Hyunsoo sighed. “Stop being so clumsy. You’re making me worried.”

“Arasso~" 

"You should go rest. I'll talk to you some other time?" Hyunsoo smiled.

"Mhm, bye oppa,” Yejin ended the call first and went to surf the web. She slept later than usual that night since she already took a nap in the afternoon.

Yejin paid the cabby and grabbed her crutches before hobbling her way into school. Hyosung met her by the sheltered walkway to help carry her bag. The two made it to Yejin’s locker.

“Don’t you need to get your stuff too?” Yejin asked, feeling a bit guilty for troubling her.

“Nope! I came early so I got everything already,” Hyosung beamed.

“Thanks,” Yejin smiled. “I’m such a hassle huh.”

“Not at all,” Hyosung shook her head and nudged her. “Oh here comes prince charming.”

“You okay? I heard what happened yesterday,” Baekhyun asked worriedly.

“I’m good. Just a little inconvenient,” Yejin answered cheerfully.

“Be more careful next time. Your clumsiness will give me a heart attack one day,” Baekhyun shook his head and grabbed her files. “I’ll take this.”

“Wow I feel like a queen. One to carry my backpack, another to carry my file,” Yejin shook her head.

“OI,” Chanyeol materialized beside her, making her yelp and stumble.

“Yeol!” Baekhyun chastised and helped Yejin steady herself.

“Sorry,” Chanyeol smiled sheepishly. “You okay? Is the ankle bad?”

“I’m fine. It’ll heal soon enough,” Yejin shrugged.

“If you need a back to travel on,” Chanyeol smacked his shoulder. “I’m always here.”

“So am I!” Suho and the rest appeared from nowhere.

“I think I’ll crush you,” Yejin chuckled.

“I think he’s skinnier than me,” Hyosung pouted.

“He’s skinnier than everybody,” Kai waved his hand dismissively.

“Well, I’m here. Thank you all for being such nice bodyguards, you can go,” Yejin smiled.

“Bye!” Sehun waved an left with the others. Hyosung helped Yejin to her seat and went her own just behind.

“I don’t see Minji anywhere,” Yejin scanned the classroom.

“She’s probably late again,” Hyosung wrinkled her nose. As expected, Minji was late. After going through a long lecture from Ms. Go outside class, Minji came back and joined the rest of her classmates for lessons. The bell rang for lunch break and Yejin decided to stay in class since she wasn’t hungry and moving about was really bothersome. The other two girls promised to sneak food back for her. Yejin put her bag on her table to dig out her incomplete math homework when she found a small lunch box inside. She pulled it out and opened it to find two ham and cheese sandwiches and a note.

I knew you’d be skipping lunch so as much of a culinary idiot that I am, sandwiches aren’t that hard to make. Enjoy ❤

P.S Don’t kill me if you get a stomachache. Oppa loves you~

“Heechul, you idiot,” Yejin rolled her eyes and stuck a sandwich in to take out her homework. She took a bite of the sandwich when a voice made her choke.

“Glad you’re here,” Baekhyun smiled by the door but quickly rushed over when she began coughing wildly. She grabbed her desk partner’s— Haejin— water bottle and chugged down the water.

Don’t do that again,” Yejin shot him an icy glare.

“Sorry. Should’ve known you were such a scaredy cat,” Baekhyun grinned.

“Why do you keep showing up, I need my space,” Yejin said jokingly.

"You don’t like me?” Baekhyun pouted cutely.

“How can I when you pout like that,” Yejin shoved a sandwich into his mouth.

“So why aren’t you with Minji and Hyosung?” Baekhyun asked with his mouth full. His cute appearance making Yejin melt a little inside.

“In case you forgot, 5 year old,” Yejin handed him a tissue. “Moving about isn’t exactly very convenient right now.”

“You could always ask Chanyeol to piggyback you,” he said nonchalantly.

“And what? Make a fool of myself, no way,” Yejin finished her sandwich and slid her notebook over to face Baekhyun. “Help me with this one.”

“How is that making a fool of yourself..” Baekhyun shook his head and began solving the problem.

“Don’t know, it just does,” Yejin took the notebook back. “Where are those two? They promised to sneak food back.”

“Maybe they’re giving us time alone,” Baekhyun shrugged.

“Stop saying things like that. Gives people the wrong idea. Gives me the wrong idea,” Yejin poked his arm with her pencil.

“What idea?” Baekhyun grinned slyly.

“The idea that we’re dating or that you like me,” Yejin rolled her eyes.

“But what if I do want us to date and I do like you?” Baekhyun leaned in and raised an eyebrow.

“Ha, not a chance buddy,” Yejin poked his forehead back with her pencil. “You have to get through Heechul oppa first.”

“Psh, I already know Heechul hyung’s weakness,” Baekhyun waved her off. “But seriously, what would you say if I told you we were soulmates?”