It's You

Scarlet Necklace

 

Yejin couldn’t help but envy those who could go home and sleep after school. She had detention to serve. Yejin dreadfully made her way to the detention room and picked a seat. There were a few students already in the room. They were mostly the troublemakers who flew paper airplanes around the class just to annoy the heck out of their respective teachers and now the monitor. Yejin groaned inwardly at the thought of spending three hours with these bunch of idiots.

“Yejin? Why are you in detention? You were usually one to stay out of trouble,” one of her second year acquaintances, Hyunseok asked.

“I fell asleep in Bald Jang’s class. You know that guy, you cough during a test and he presumes it’s cheating and sends you to detention,” Yejin shook her head.

“True. Shoulda known better than to sleep in his class,” Hyunseok shrugged.

“Why are you here?”

“I put thumbtacks on my History teacher’s seat after he gave me a flat zero for my test,” he chuckled. “Definitely worth it.”

Yejin shook her head with a small smile. The detention monitor was a small, scrawny male in his thirties who looked like the wind would blow him away. Five minutes after the class ‘settled down’, JR burst into the room.

“Detention?” The monitor asked in a squeaky voice.

“Yes sir,” JR scanned the class and spotted Yejin sleeping, again.

“Fill your name and class here,” JR messily scribbled his name and class before making his way over to Yejin quietly.

“Sup,” Hyunseok whispered so he wouldn’t wake Yejin up.

“Hey,” JR nodded and scooted closer to her. He too, fell asleep right beside her.

“Okay everyone, you can go,” the screeching of chairs against the floor and students cheering woke Yejin and JR up. She nearly fell off her seat when she finally noticed him beside her.

“What the.. Why are you in detention too?” Yejin pointed at him.

“‘Cause you are,” he said simply. “Let’s go!”

Yejin grabbed her backpack and left the room with JR. Baekhyun who took note that Yejin would only be able to leave school at five deicded to wait for her. He sat in the library and completed his assignments while waiting. At 5.05pm, he left and looked for her.

“What did you do to get into detention?” He heard Yejin’s voice and followed it.

“I ‘fell’ and pulled down Ren’s pants on ‘accident’,” JR grinned playfully and handed her the can of orange fanta.

“Poor guy,” Yejin clucked her tongue. “What’s so fun about detention anyways.”

“It isn’t. I only went because I knew you’d be there too,” Baekhyun turned the corner and found them by the vending machine. He hid behind the wall and listened in on their conversation.

“Yeah, and we did nothing but sleep. Sounds like we had lotsa fun,” Yejin gave him a flat stare.

“You still owe me one more wish,” JR reminded.

“Oh yeah! Okay, tell me your wish~” Yejin sang to the girl group’s song.

JR looked around to make sure the hallway was empty. “Close your eyes.”

Close your eyes? It can only mean one thing.. No. Yejin, you’re smarter than that! You wouldn’t let him, right? Baekhyun’s eyes widened as he peeped over at them.

“I bet when I open my eyes you’ll probably put on some long haired wig and scare the crap outta me. No way,” Yejin gave him a look.

That’s right. You show him, Jinnie.

“I promise I won’t,” JR smiled.

“Okay, if you do, you can kiss the idea of having kids next time goodbye,” Yejin glared at him warningly and did as told. Baekhyun unknowingly had his fist clenched so tight his knuckles turned white. That girl was his soulmate, why is there another guy trying to take her away? Baekhyun felt something in him explode as he watched JR plant a kiss on her cheek. Before he knew it, he stormed over to them and dragged Yejin away.

“Baekhyun? What are you doing?” Yejin blinked and steadied herself. All Baekhyun did was tighten his grip on her wrist. “Ow, Baekhyun you’re hurting me, let go!”

Baekhyun didn’t respond and just kept walking. They were soon at some dead end that his legs led them to.

“Dammit, what the hell’s wrong with you,” Yejin scowled and massaged her wrist.

“What the hell is wrong with you!” He sneered.

“What are you talking about. Why are you so pissed off?” She asked, extremely irritated.

“You’re really asking me that because you don’t know?” Baekhyun moved closer to her until her back touched the wall. He pointed to his heart. “It hurts. Here.”

“Baekhyun, what’s going on with you? Weren’t you fine just now?” Yejin stared at him in confusion.

“Why did you just let him kiss you like that? Are you really that clueless about how I feel about you or do you just not give damn about my feelings?”

“What—”

“I love you, Kim Yejin. Why can’t you see that?” His voice came out as a pained whisper.

“I thought you were just playing around..”

“Does my heart feel like it’s playing around?” Baekhyun took her hand and placed it over his racing heart. “Spare a thought for me, Yejin. You have no idea how much it hurts and I can’t do about it because you don’t love me back. I can’t do anything about it.”

“Everything we did together and the time we spent may mean nothing to you, but it means the world to me, you mean the world to me. I know it’s selfish but I really don’t want any other guy to have you. Not until I can put away these feelings. This necklace,” Baekhyun made her hold it. “It’s shining now, isn’t it?”

Yejin nodded slowly.

“When the scarlet necklace lights up, good things are near. If she holds it and it shines the brightest, my soulmate is here. You, you are my soulmate, Kim Yejin.”

 

 

Omg.. 

image

tumblr_m6k90lGOnk1qku8foo1_250.gif

Let Baekhyun make it up to you scarred readers with his cuteness I'm sorry.

image