Like It or Not, I'm always Gonna Be Around~

Scarlet Necklace

 

The fair had officially stopped operations. Those who were assigned to clean up didn't need to work shifts. The task was already such a drag, having to work shifts as well would just upset them completely. Since Minji and Yejin were in the committee, they had secretly protected themselves and Hyosung  from the job. They were free to go. 

From Heenim:
I'm here~ Where are you?

To: Heenim:
Okay, I'm on my way out~

Yejin grabbed her bag and tucked her phone back into her skirt pocket. She was just about to leave with Minji and Hyosung when one of her classmates called her back.

"Yejin, think you could help me hand this to Ms. Go? I have to clean up but she's already waiting outside the staffroom. Please, please, please?" Hyesung held out her delayed homework. 

"Pfft, okay. Because I'm that nice of a person," Yejin rolled her eyes with a playful smile and took the worksheet. "You guys go ahead. Heechul's waiting for me anyways."

"Okay, see ya~" Hyosung waved and went off with Minji. Yejin turned and walked the opposite direction to the staffroom. 

"Hey!"

"Holy sweet J—" Yejin yelped and jumped a step back.

"Hehe, scaredy cat," JR grinned.

"Ugh," Yejin scowled and walked towards Ms. Go.

"Are you angry?" JR bit his lip. 

"Angry face," Yejin pointed at her face.

"You going anywhere after this?" JR grinned.

"Yes. Home," Yejin smiled and handed Hyesung's worksheet to Ms Go before turning and walking back.

"I'll send you," he offered happily.

"No thanks. My brother's here. And I better hurry before he throws a hissy fit," Yejin sighed and started jogging. "Bye! And thanks for the bear!"

"No problem," JR muttered and went his own way. At least Baekhyun isn't the one sending her back.

"What took you so long," Heechul huffed and tossed her the helmet which she almost failed to catch. 

"Helped a friend do something," Yejin panted and slipped the helmet on before climbing onto the bike.

"Are you sure you weren't Baekhyun?" Heechul turned and gave her a look.

"No. Can you just go already," Yejin rolled her eyes. After the usual fifteen minute trip home, Yejin headed straight for the shower. 

"I'll make ramen!" Heechul hollered.

"No! I'll do it! The noodles you make are horrible. I don't understand how someone can so much in cooking they make instant ramen taste bad," Yejin dried her hair with her towel while running down the stairs. 

"No need to insult," Heechul scowled and parked himself on the couch. Yejin started making their late dinner and placed a cloth on the coffee table before putting the pot on it. She came back with two bowls and two pairs of chopsticks and snatched the remote from him. Just nice, an interview of her 6 beloved idols was on.

"Hey! I was watching that," Heechul pouted and made a grab for the remote but Yejin shunned away from him.

"I'm tired, I made dinner. Let me watch this," Yejin glued her eyes onto the screen.

"Fine then I'll eat everything. None for you," Heechul huffed and started eating. Yejin was too mesmerized by those six behind the screen to even protect her own share. The interview ended and she immediately slapped Heechul on the back.

"Pig, I didn't eat too," Yejin scowled and brought the pot away from him. "All mine now."

"Fine, fine," he rolled his eyes and went to wash his bowl. Yejin forced Heechul to do the dishes and headed upstairs to her room and found a new message on her phone. 

From Baekhyun:
Got home safe? I didn't get to see you go 'cause Chanyeol was being the useless one that he is and I had to help clean up too. 

To Baekhyun:
Yep I got home safe. Heechul oppa took me home. That's the Chanyeol we know, no need to be surprised. Haha.

As soon as she sent that text, another came from an unknown number.

From Unknown:
Guess who~ ^^

To Unknown:
Let's see.. JR.

From JR:
Idiot. You could've played along and acted like you didn't know.

To JR:
I'm sorry I'm so smart.

The night passed while texting the two. Yejin wondered whether JR was interested in her too. Again, not that she was being egoistical, but when  guy gives you a teddy bear, asks for your number, is sweet to you, offers to send you home, it's either he wants to get into your pants or he really likes you. In this case, JR didn't seem like he was the ertic type, at least not to her. Maybe it was the latter?

"Hey. Enough with texting Baekhyun. Sleep, tomorrow's still Friday," Heechul poked his head into her room.

Yejin's eyes widened. "What?! Tomorrow's not Saturday?"

"No, it's Friday," Heechul pointed to her B.A.P calendar hanging right beside the door. 

"Oh god, why," Yejin groaned and rolled to her back. "Can I please skip tomorrow?"

Heechul tapped his chin. "Hmm.. No. Goodnight."

"I hate you," Yejin muttered.

"I love you too," he turned off the lights and shut the door. Yejin quickly her nightlight, you never know what's in the dark, better to be safe than sorry.

--

"Good morning~" Hyosung sang.

"Why are you in such a good mood," Yejin muttered, still extremely put off that she still had to return to school after a long Thursday.

"Someone confessed to me," she giggled.

"Holy.. Who is it?!" Yejin stared at her with wide eyes.

"Guess, guess!"

"Haejin the neat freak."

"Ew, no. Myungsoo did," Hyosung whispered his name.

"Oh my god.. Ice Prince?! No way!" Her jaw dropped watching Hyosung nod excitedly. "Seriously? Don't lie."

"I'm not lying! Sheesh," Hyosung huffed and dug through her pocket. She showed her the letter that he wrote and stuck on her locker.

"Dear Hyosung, do you know who I am? It's actually Myung— Mmf, mff, pff," Hyosung cupped when she saw JR approaching.

"What are you doing to her?" He raised an eyebrow. Yejin stared at Hyosung flatly when she still didn't remove her hand.

"Ew! Did you my.. Ew!" Hyosung wiped her hand on Yejin's uniform before making way for JR to access his locker.

"I'll read it later," Yejin gave her a look and stuffed Myungsoo's letter into her pocket before finally getting the chance to open her locker when her phone buzzzed. 

"I smell Bacon," Hyosung sniffed the air.

"Can you please try to act normal in public," Yejin rolled her eyes.

From Baekhyun:
You're still at your locker right?

To Baekhyun:
Yep. Why?

Yejin stuffed her phone into her pocket and got her books. JR was still standing there with his locker open and not doing anything. Yejin felt a bit awakward so she tried to start a useless conversation with Hyosung. Before she could even open to say anything, Hyosung's admirer tapped her on the shoulder. Yejin couldn't help but smile at his nervous expression.

"Can we talk?" Myungsoo bit his lip.

"Sure," Hyosung turned to Yejin who nodded and waved her hand, mouthing a 'good luck'. The two walked off and Yejin took her phone out to reply Baekhyun's new text.

"Who are you waiting for?" JR finally had the chance to ask.

Yejin opened to speak but Baekhyun showed up beside her. "Me."

"Why do I keep getting interrupted before I even say anything," Yejin muttered under her breath and looked at Baekhyun. "You told me to wait?"

"Yeah, I wanted to walk you to class," Baekhyun took her wrist and pulled her away from JR. 

"So you told me to wait five minutes just to have someone walk with me to where I was already planning on going to," Yejin gave him a flat stare.

"I have my reasons," Baekhyun gave JR a look and led her away. JR cursed in his mind and slammed his locker shut. Those around gave him weird looks as he stomped off, bumping into whoever didn't make way for him.

"Seriously, I could've walked on my own," Yejin said.

"If I didn't walk you, he would," Baekhyun muttered bitterly.

"Who? JR? Nah, he has better things to do than walk a girl to class. Take the hint," Yejin nudged him.

"So you're saying I have no life?" Baekhyun raised an eyebrow with a playful grin.

"Maybe?" Yejin smiled.

"Aish you," he gently pushed her head to the side. "Alright, I'll see you during lunch."

"But I don't want to see you," Yejin faked a disgusted expression.

"Like it or not, I'm always gonna be around~" Baekhyun scooted closer and squished her against the wall.

"Space, Baekhyun, I need my space," Yejin chortled.

"It's oppa to you," he gently flicked her forehead and waved goodbye. Just before Yejin turned to enter class, she spotted Myungsoo and Hyosung at the end of the hallway. Their classroom was the second last to the end of the corridor, so spotting them wasn't surprising. When Hyosung turned to leave, Myungsoo pulled her back and kissed her cheek. Yejin snickered and went into class, waiting to about it.

 

Looks like Infinite's prince has made a cameo~ Keke. Lol he's not going to be appearing anytime soon (or at all) so yeah.. Oh look a bird. /looks away.

Aaaanyways. Here's me returning the favour of shamelessly promoting my equally retarded and embarrassing Tintedsmiles, aka Secretary Yong's (she's obsessed over Junhyung) 2PM fic. If you're a fan of Junho, this is the story for you!

CLICK FOR 1 MILLION DOLLARS

If you're a YongSeo shipper, this is a must read!

CLICK FOR 2 MILLION DOLLARS

Just kidding, there's no money. But you'll probably be sobbing over how beautiful this fic is and you'll start questioning yourself on what you're doing with your life.

Dear Secretary Yong, I'm not doing this because I feel like I have to pay you back for promoting Scarlet Necklace, I'm doing this because I love you and you put up with my bull and stuck with me for the 7th year and counting. Teehee. <3