014

Scarlet Necklace

JR brought her to his class’ dunk machine and made Ren go up so she could dunk him. Yejin cheered up quite a bit watching her most hated teachers getting dunked. JR and her then went to visit the game stalls. She saw a little girl walking away with a huge Pororo and her eyes lit up. JR noticed and smiled to himself.

“So cute,” he gazed at her.

“I know. Too bad I’m too old for one,” Yejin pouted, thinking he was referring to the stuffed toy. JR took her wrist once more and led her to one of the game stalls.

“Pick one, I’ll get it for you,” JR nodded at the vast array of prizes.

“As if you’ll actually succeed,” Yejin rolled her eyes.

“Watch me. Pick one,” he smiled confidently. Yejin pointed to a white normal sized teddy bear. The game was darts.

“If you fail, you have to buy me a drink,” Yejin smiled.

“If I do get the bear, you have to grant me three wishes,” JR held up three fingers.

“Deal,” JR turned and focused on the dartboard. After taking his aim, he threw the dart and it landed right on the bullseye. He threw the dart so hard that the board shook.

“How in the world..”

“Congratulations!” The second year manning the stall handed him the biggest brown teddy bear.

“No, I want that white one over there,” JR pointed at the one Yejin had wanted before. The second year handed it to him

“Here,” JR gently tossed the toy to her.

“You’re seriously giving it to me? You should give it to someone special,” Yejin tried pushing the toy back to him.

“I already did,” JR smiled sweetly and pushed the bear back to her.

“O- Oh, um, thanks then,” she blinked but smiled back.

What the hell are those two doing?! Baekhyun rotated his jaw angrily.

“So now you have to grant me three wishes,” he said.

“Okay, fine,” Yejin rolled her eyes, still smiling. “What is it?”

“Your number.”

“What? Why?” She raised an eyebrow.

“You have to grant me my first wish,” JR smiled and handed her his phone. She unsurely keyed in her number and handed it back to him.

“I’ll text you my second wish,” he tucked the phone back into his pocket and took her wrist since she was holding the bear in that hand. “I’ll buy you a drink.”

Baekhyun couldn’t stand it any longer and went up to them, taking hold of her free hand and protectively laced his fingers with hers.

“What— Baekhyun?” Yejin blinked. JR felt her stop and turned around.

“Your friends are looking for you,” Baekhyun lied, eyeing JR as if he was the enemy.

“Oh, okay,” Yejin gently tugged her wrist free from JR and got pulled away by Baekhyun.

Who was he? Was that her boyfriend?

“Where are we going?” Yejin looked back to her class’s stall where Minji and Hyosung were staring at them in confusion. “They’re over there.”

“I lied,” Baekhyun muttered, tightening his hold on her hand. Yejin looked down and felt her heart race at their laced fingers, as if they really were an item. Well, she didn't exactly hate it.

“Okay..” Baekhyun brought her to the bleachers of the school field and sat down. There were other people also taking a break and just chatting. Even then, he still wouldn’t let go of her hand.

“Is he your friend?” Baekhyun asked, keeping his eyes on his shoes.

“I don’t know. He’s nice to me so making another friend wouldn’t hurt,” Yejin shrugged.

“Do you see him as a friend?”

“Well, yeah,” she nodded. “Why?”

“Nothing,” Baekhyun shook his head. “Why were you with him?”

“Is it wrong?” Yejin raised an eyebrow, getting a bit irritated by his questioning, as if she was a suspect or something.

“No, I’m just curious,” he said, still not looking at her.

“Well he saw me still in shock after that damned haunted house so he tried to cheer up,” she said, studying his expression.

Is he.. Jealous?

“Don’t hang out with him anymore,” Baekhyun sighed and finally had the guts to look at her. “Promise me that you won’t.”

“Why?”

“He’s.. Well, dangerous. I’m afraid he’d hurt you,” he smoothed the back of her hand with his thumb.

“I’ll be fine,” Yejin waved him off. “I may be scared of ghosts and bugs, but bad guys don’t faze me. Really. And I doubt JR’s all that of a bad person. He gave me the bear.”

“That’s like a stranger giving a kid candy before kidnapping him,” Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

“Oh, stop it. You’re just being paranoid. I’ll be fine,” Yejin gently punched the side of his knee. “Besides, if I really do get in trouble, you’d be there to save me.”

Baekhyun smiled. “Of course. I’d never let anything happen to you.”

“Then it’s fine,” Yejin grinned and checked her watch. “It’s almost time for my shift, I gotta go.”

“Okay, I’ll take you back,” they stood up and went back to the her stall.

“Do you still have to help out at the haunted house?” Yejin asked.

“Nope. My job’s done for the day,” Baekhyun shook his head and swung their hands between them.

“Good, then you can be my loyal customer,” Yejin smiled, not exactly hating what he was doing.

“Chh,” Baekhyun smiled and poked her cheek. “Whatever you say, dearest.”

 

ADNMFSDKLFSNLK SUPER JUNIOR'S 6JIB TEASER PICS OMG AM I THE ONLY ONE DYING?