Chapter 8

Seducing Nerdy Chanyeol !

_______________________

Chanyeol and you walked out of the library at around 8 p.m. You actually spent a lot of time working on your project, and it was now time to go home. Night had fallen and you could feel a light breeze on your arms.

 

«  We did a good job today ! » Said Chanyeol, raising his fist in the air. « We'll make the best project of the class ! »

 

You nodded with a smile.

 

«  Yes, definitely. »

«  Look, when it will be over, I'd like to treat you with an ice-cream or a milkshake, because you are a great partner you know, and you always buy me cookies, so I have to properly thank you.» Chanyeol suggested, excited. « Is it ok for you ? »

 

You thought about it. When the project will be over, you will probably had already left him so you highly doubted he would still treat you for being so great and generous with him. But you accepted. Giving him pointless hopes wasn't going to kill him.

 

«  All right ! » You happily replied.

 

Chanyeol smiled at you, satisfied. You could see his eyes sparkling. Or maybe it was just the reflection of the streetlights.

 

«  So what are you going to do now ? » You asked to make conversation, while you both were walking to the bus station.

 

He put his hands in his pockets.

 

«  I have to go to my extra-activities. » Chanyeol answered.

 

So he was really attenting to activities outside school ? It wasn't a joke or an excuse ?

 

«  But it's late ! » You exclaimed.

«  Yes, but I have this thing with some of my friends. I can't missed it» He started to explain. « Oh look, the bus is coming ! »

 

Your turned your head to look at the road. He was right, the two lights of the bus were distantly appearing, cutting off your conversation. Nevermind, he'll tell you later about his fictional friends and activities.

 

«  Hurry up ! » he said, throwing his bag on his shoulder.

 

And you both ran to catch the bus before it was too late.

 

 

Once at home, you desesperately fell on your bed and let out a loud moan. It felt good to be home.

Today had been exhausting and all you wanted to do now was eating and sleeping. You stayed in this position for long minutes, slowly closing your eyes and enjoying the soft texture of your blanket.

 

«  I missed you. » You whispered to your bed.

 

You could have easily fell asleep but you realised you were still wearing your school clothes. It wasn't comfy at all and it was ruining that precious moment. You waited for few more minutes before finding the courage to finally get up and change your clothes. You lazily took off your jacket and threw it against your wall. You also removed the rest of your oufit with the same energy, yawning. Once you were just wearing your underwear, you started to look for your pajamas when your eyes met your reflection in the mirror.

 

«  I shouldn't eat so much. » You cried, slapping your stomach.

 

Some exercise was going to be necessary. You kept looking at aimlessly yourself when you looked at your , reminding you somehow of Chanyeol.

You sighed. This guy was really difficult to get and he was seriously giving you hard times. You weren't ugly, people frequently said that you were friendly. So what was wrong with you ? Or rather, what was wrong with him ? Even when you were obviously trying to flirt with him, he was hermetic, airtight, watertight to all your attempts. It was getting tiring but you had to keep trying. Kai hadn't give you timeline but you knew that it would come very soon.

Maybe you had to change your strategy. Maybe you had to think differently. But how ? You already tried many things ! Being friendly ? Not efficient. Being aegyo ? Not efficient. Being direct ? Not efficient. This situation was just becoming ridiculous !

You sat on your bed, blankly looking at yourself in the mirror and thinking about it. What should I do ?

For a less than second, you thought about something. Something really stupid and embarrassing. Something you nevertheless considered, but quickly excluded. You even slapped yourself for allowing this kind of thought to cross your mind.

 

«  Yah ! Never think about it again ! » You mentally scolded yourself. « Never ! »

 

But what if ?

What if he was right ?

What if it could actually catch his attention ?

You bit your lips.

He was joking, he said. You knew it wasn't a real suggestion. But, what if ?

You eyes traveled down to your .

 

«  Should I really... show him ? » You asked to yourself out loud.

 

They were quite small actually and you highly doubted Chanyeol would be impressed by those ridiculously small cherries. But he was so awkward, that he could be amazed by them.

You put your head on the side, analysing your s in the mirror. Maybe that was the strategy you were looking for. Maybe he wasn't joking after all. Maybe it was implied.

You weighed the idea and your s for a moment.

 

«  What the am I doing ? »You suddenly realised.

 

Were you seriously ready to show your to that derpy and creepy guy to win his heart ? You stopped touching your , horrified by what you just thought.

That was so wrong ! Showing him your body was the easy way to get him, and you didn't want to choose facility for this case ! You worthed better than this, for God's sake !

You pulled yourself together and grabbed a T-shirt. Enough with Chanyeol, you'll soon find a way to get him without taking your clothes off. For now, your s had to stay where they were and you seriously had to rest. Lack of sleep was giving you really weird ideas.

 

 

« … And since France and the United Kingdom are both... »

 

You were writing what your history teacher was saying, without really paying attention to it. It was just a flow of words, dates and names. It felt like time had stopped and you would never leave this class. It was boring, but you tried to focus.You were also trying to not fall asleep when a small paper ball hit your head. You jumped on your chair and looked around you, surprised. Nothing. Maybe you imagined it ?

You shrugged and listened again to your teacher when a second ball hit your head. You sighed, annoyed, and stared at you classmates. Who was throwing paper balls at you ? It wasn't funny. But everybody was silently writing, not paying attention to you. You rolled your eyes, and focused back to your teacher. But a third ball hit you. You put down your pen, about to say something until something falling on your desk caught your attention.

You blinked. It was a paper ball. You grabbed it, curious to see if something was written on it. You opened it slowly, hoping the teacher wouldn't see you.

 

Still mad at me ?

 

You frowned. It was badly written and you could tell from the quality of the handwriting that only a sloppy personn would write it. You raised your eyes and you spotted Kai looking at you. He was the author of it, right ? You sighed and tore it.

Leave me alone, Kai.

You were about to take your pen back, when a fourth paper ball fell on your desk. You turned to him and gave him a deathly stare.

 

«  Read it ! » He whispered from across the class, pointing at it.

 

You sighed and decided to ignore him. You had no time to loose for his foolishness. But he was calling your name louder and louder, and you were afraid the teacher might hear that stupid jerk.

 

«  Fine ! » You gave up.

 

You opened the ball angrily.

 

What did I do wrong ?

 

You sarcastically laughed. Seriously ? You your teeth and angrily replied.

 

Don't act like you don't know. Stupid.

 

Seriously, why did he care so much ? You had never been friends.

You throw the ball at him. Kai opened it immediately and quickly read it. When he was finished, he looked at you confusedly. Then, he wrote something and you received the ball again.

 

Ok, so for whatever I have done to you, I'm sorry ! Sorry ! Sorry !

 

You pinched your lips. He had humiliated you in front of your crush, how could you let it go ? And he didn't even get what he did wrong. Forgive him ? Ugh ! Definitely not !

You were about to crite another sarcastic and cold answer when something crosse your mind.

You remembered Mina's feelings. Since she liked Baekhyun, you couldn't try anything or hope anything. Friendship was more important than boys, which meant you had to forget Baekhyun, right ? So what was the point of being mad at Kai, now ? Sure, Baekhyun thought you were dating him. But since you weren't able to flirt with boys anymore, especially him, you could accept Kai's apologies. You were tired of fighting with him, after all. Maybe if you forgave him, he'd stay still and stop bothering you for your forgiveness. Because you knew that if you didn't accept his apologies, he would harass you until you forgive him.

 

I forgive you. Now, stop bothering me !

 

You angrily threw him the paper ball. Now that he got what he wanted, you hoped he'd leave you alone. You grabbed your pen, and focused on the class again.

When he read your answer, a soft smile appeared on Kai's face. He tried to hide it, but he couldn't be happier.

 

 

«  I'm going to bring some snacks. Make yourself comfortable ! » Vicky said, leaving Mina and you in her bedroom.

 

She invited you over after school, to spend some time together.

You sat on her bed and Mina took place on a chair. Vicky's room was really nice and you felt comfortable in it. It had a cozy feeling, even if the room was really messy. Clothes were scattered all over the place. Mugs and sheets of paper were covering her desk. It was a great reflection of Vicky's personality.

Mina switched Vicky's computer on while you were looking at the mess of her room. Your eyes were quickly caught by a pile of women's magazines. You spread them, looking for a good one to read while waiting for the food. Most of them were talking of the same topics. How to have a hot body, What is trendy, How to be fashionable, What men are looking for, How to seduce him... Nothing speci-. Wait !

You reread one of the titles you saw. How to seduce him in 20 steps ?

You blinked several time. You quickly looked at Mina. Fortunately, she was too busy to pay attention to what you were doing. Your attention got back to the magazine. You brushed the cover. Should you take a look to it ?

You bit your lips. Come on, nothing was stopping you ! It was just an magazine, it was just an article. Reading wasn't a bad thing, right ? But somehow, you felt uncomfortable to read it now, with your friends near. Every time it came to the deal or Chanyeol and someone was near, you felt like you were doing something bad or illegal.

But you were curious of what this article could bring to you. You had to admitt it, you were bad at seducing him. It was more difficult than you had thought, and some help wouldn't be superfluous. Maybe you could learn something useful from theses advices. You sighed and grabbed it.

You lazily flipped the page, to not look suspicious or too interested. You feared Mina or Vicky caught you.

When you finally reached the article, you hesitated to read it.

 

«  HOW TO SEDUCE HIM IN 20 STEPS ! »

 

It was written in a big font with a flashy pink color. You felt stupid and ashamed to read this kind of article. Everybody knew that theses advices were bulls. It was just marketing to attract poor naive girls. But you were a poor naive girl. So, yes, you were going to read it.

You started reading the first advice, already feeling stupid.

                                  

                                1. Use a heady and y perfume.

 

You laughed. A perfume, seriously ? What for ? You were expecting true advices, not random recommendations. Wearing perfume wasn't going to make Chanyeol fall for you ! He wasn't going to say « Oh you don't smell that bad. Let me be your boyfriend ! ».

According to the journalist, perfume was a way to drown his senses and to attract him. You shook your head, and rolled you eyes. Ok, what was next ?

 

                                2. Meet him in a nice place

 

Did the meeting at the library count ? You winced. Probably not. You shrugged. Maybe you could ask him, but clueless as he was, he wouldn't understand the romantic intention behind your invitation.

 

                                3. Touch him

 

You hiccuped. What the ?

 

« Be playful ! Accidently touch him will build . »

 

You frowned. You didn't want to build ! What was wrong with this article ? It was called how to seduce him in 20 steps, not how to act ty and end up in his bed.

The thought of being in bed with Chanyeol quickly crossed your mind. You winced and shivered.

That's be disgusting !

You couldn't picture yourself with him at all. As a boyfriend or more... That was not going to happen for sure !

You skipped some advices who were cheesy and useless, and stopped at the tenth.

 

                                10. Show him some skin

 

No sooner you had read the heading, Vicky popped up into the room with a tray. You heart skipped a bit.

 

«  I'm back ! » She exclaimed.

 

Your face violently became red. You threw the magazine away and tried to act cool. You had no idea why you were over-reacting like this. It wasn't like you were reading something embarassing.

Mina turned back and jumped on the food.

 

 

«  Omo ! Are you okay ? Your face is red ! » Mina asked you, with big eyes.

«  Ye-yes ! »  You replied awkwardly. « Oh, theses curtains are lovely !»

 

You stood up to touch them., suddenly fascinated. Mina and Vicky gave you curious faces.

 

«  So smooth ! » You added with a weird laugh. « Is it new ? »

 

Vicky frowned.

 

« I have the same curtains for 3 years. »

 

Oh. Well, that was awkward... You nodded and dropped it to look away.

 

«  I see. » You replied.

 

You mind was a complete battlefield. Thoughts from yesterday, Chanyeol and the shame of reading the article were fighting in your head.

You nervously grabbed a glass of juice and drank it to calm down. Keep calm. Keep calm !

Vicky shrugged and jumped on her bed, while Mina was eating chips.

You were fixing something on the wall when someone's phone rang.

 

«  Oh ! It's mine ! » Mina exclaimed, putting some chips on .

 

She stood up and started to look for her phone. Once she found it, her eyes widened.

 

«  What is happening ? » You asked, lifting an eyebrow.

 

She turned red and started to breathe heavily. Something wasn't good.

 

«  It's him ! It's.. it's Baekhyun Oppa ! » She cried, panicked.

 

You hardly kept your poker-face. Why Baekhyun was calling her ?

 

«  Pick up, stupid ! » Vicky replied.

 

Mina shook her head.

 

«  I can't ! » She moaned.

 

You could see hesitation in her eyes. She was so nervous. It was the first time Baekhyun was calling her, and she didn't know what to do, how to react. Vicky sighed and stood up.

 

«  Ok, I got this ! » She said.

 

She took the phone from Mina's hands and picked up.

 

«  Yah ! Vicky what are yo- »

«  Hello ~! » Vicky exclaimed with a light voice. « No, it's Mina's friend. »

 

Mina was speechless. Her eyes grew bigger and bigger.

You cowardly looked over the window.

 

«  You want to meet her ? Right now ? » Vicky giggled. « Sure ! »

 

Mina was violently biting her nail. What was he saying ? Her heart was beating crazily.

 

«  Ok, we'll be there in 20 minutes. By the way, will Kris be there too ? »

 

Oh no. You didn't like what you were hearing.

Your friend finally hung up, and you could see from her radiant expression, that something happened.

You had a bad presentiment.

 

«  What did Oppa say ? » Mina asked, worried.

 

Vicky started to giggled.

 

«  Ladies ! We are going out ! » She announced with a big smile.

 

You raised an eyebrow.

 

«  Out ? » You repeated, suspicious.

 

She nodded. You didn't like the little playful light in her eyes. You didn't like it at all.

 

«  Yes ! You, Mina and me are going to meet Baekhyun and his hot friends. » She replied with a wink. «  And this is going to be so-much-fun ! »

 

Yeah. Fun...

_______________________

(A/N)  I reached 100 sub' ヽ(;▽;)ノ Let me shower you with all my love !