Chapter 7

Seducing Nerdy Chanyeol !

_______________________

 

«  Well, you know. Kai, your boyfriend. » Baekhyun shrugged.

 

You opened your mouth so big, that you seriously thought it would fall.

 

«  Kai ? » Everybody repeated, shocked.

«  Yes, Kai. » He nodded, serious.

 

There were absolutely no words to describe what you felt.

How did he come up to the conclusion that Kai was your boyfriend ? Seriously, how ?

Everyone was looking at you, waiting for your answer. Were you really dating Kai ?

 

«  Are you dating Kai ? » Mina asked, confused.

«  How could you not tell us that ! » Vicky cried, banging her fist on the table.

«  Cake ? » Lay asked, lost as usually.

 

You remained speechless for few seconds, knocked out. So many things were running in your head !

 

«  Wh...How...I... Kai is not my boyfriend ! » You mumbled.

 

How did the situation get to this point ?

 

«  But I saw you the other night... » Baekhyun explained, perplexed.

«  The other night ?! » Vicky screamed. « Why were you with Kai at night ? »

 

You head started to hurt. This situation was so confusing !

You put your head in your hands and could feel everyone staring at you.

 

«  Answer me ! Are you dating Kai ? » Vicky insisted, angry.

 

She hated lies and little secrets more than anything. And it seriously looked like you were lying to her at this moment...

 

«  No ! I don't ! » You whispered, slowly shaking your head.

«  Then why Baekhyun saw you with him ? » She retort, crossing her arms and lifting an eyebrow.

 

Oh my God. You massaged your eardrum. Perfect ! Now your crush was deeply thinking you were dating the boy you hated the most and your bestfriend was making a scene in front of everyone.

 

«  I wasn't with him, that night. I was going home and we just met on the way. » You explained, remembering that stupid night when absolutely nothing happened !

«  That's all ? » Suho broked into the conversation, disappointed.

 

You nodded, glad to finally see the end of this painful conversation.

 

«  Yes ! I'm not dating him ! »

«  But he said you were calling him Oppa and you really looked like a couple. » Baekhyun insisted.

 

And here we go again ! Will you just shut up Baekhyun ?

 

«  That would be an explanation for the dress ! » Mina added, pensive.

«  What dress ? » Suho asked.

 

The situation was getting worst every second. It was just a misunderstanding ! But everything was being wrongly interpreted.

 

«  No ! Look, I... I... » You were loosing your words.

«  Ugh, for God's sake, it's pretty clear ! She's secretly dating him. End of the story. » Kris declared, annoyed.

«  What ? No ! » You protested in vain.

 

Why was he interfering ? That wasn't his business ! But nobody was listening to you anymore, too busy making fake assumptions about your relation with Kai.

 

«  Kai is a playboy, no wonder he has a girlfriend. » Suho admitted, nodding.

«  He really has questionable tastes in girl. She's no even pretty ! » Kris replied, with arrogance. « I bet it's just to get laid. »

«  I can't believe you didn't tell us ! » Vicky cried. « We really can trust no one... »

 

You gave a death stare at Baekhyun for making this huge mess. He looked confusedly at you, not understanding the whole story. He was so sure of him, though ! He really saw you with him that night ! He couldn't even forget how Kai was looking at you. That was obvious, you were his girlfriend !

But somehow, he was now doubting about it. The panic in your eyes was dispelling his suppositions...

He kept silent, questioning himself. Was he wrong ? Did misinterpret it ?

 

«  I thought Kai had higher standards than this. » Kris kept saying, staring badly at you.

« I found her cute. » Suho said, also analysing you.

«  Even if I don't like Kai, I'm supporting you. » Mina told you, with a small smile.

«  I can't believe it. I really can't ... » Vicky kept groaning.

 

Enough was enough. You banged your hand on the table, making the glasses shook, to make them all shut the up.

 

«  I am not dating Kai, so stop it ! I don't call him Oppa, and we do not look like a couple, ok ? I hate this guy and I will never date him. Is this clear ? » You shouted, exhausted and looking at everyone, one by one, in the eyes.

 

The group kept silent, surprised of your reaction. You were also shocked of your behavior, but whatever !

 

«  Thank you ! » You exclaimed, leaning back against your chair.

 

Nobody spoke for moment, they just blankly looked  at you.

You stared at your glass, embarrassed and feeling ashamed. Things were seriously getting crazy ! It was scary to see how things could be misinterpret so easily. You didn't want to be associate to Kai, in any way ! You just wanted to avoid him as much as possible. And now that people were thinking you were dating, you had to avoid him even more !

You saddly realize that, because of your deal, you still had to interact with him.

My life must be a joke.

So the only way to cut off the presumptions on your relation with him was to make the deal end quickly. Very quickly. You had to date Chanyeol for a month and it was going to start on Monday.

 

 

«  Let's date ! » You shouted to Chanyeol, banging your hands on his table.

 

He was waiting for you at the library, reading a magazine. When he heard you, he jumped on his chair and gave you the weirdest look.

 

«  I love you Chanyeol ! Let me be your girlfriend. » You said louder, more to convince you than himself.

 

You didn't even put efforts or emotions in it. You just hoped he'd say yes from the tone of your voice. Chanyeol looked at you, surprise.

 

«  What ? » He blankly asked, raising an eyebrow.

«  I love you. Let's date. »

 

Enough with the subtlety ! Dating him and making this stupid deal end was an emergency. You couldn't waste time anymore.

You looked at him with determination, not moving an inch. He was going to say yes, you knew it. He had to say yes.

Chanyeol was still blankly looking at you. What was that awkward situation ?

 

«  Are you high ? » He asked, putting down his magazine on the table, suddenly worried.

 

You let out a laugh, but quickly pulled yourself together. No, no, no ! No time for jokes !

 

«  I'm serious Chanyeol. » You replied with fierce, almost threatening him. « I'm just high from love ! »

 

That was the cheesiest thing you ever said and you felt really stupid, but whatever !

Chanyeol lifted an eyebrow. You could see confusion on his innocent face. He was right. Who would want to date him ? You tried to give a more serious face to convince him of your fake feelings. He looked at you blankly, totally clueless.

You were about to add something else to convince him of the « sincerity » of your words when his eyes lighted up. He finally got it !

 

«  Oh ! I get it ! »  He snapped. 

 

You smiled, already hearing him saying « Yes ». The magical word who will free you from Kai's devil deal....

 

« You don't know how to ask a guy to be your boyfriend, so you want to try on me ! » He exclaimed, with excitement.

 

What ? Your smile faded away.

 

«  Don't worry. I totally get it ! » He added with a wink.

 

What the...? How did he come to this conclusion ?

 

«  And to think that I almost believed you ! Hahaha ! » He exclaimed with a noisy laugh and

a relieved face. « Why didn't you just tell me instead of scaring me like that ? »

 

You stayed speechless, discouraged. That boy was really stupid ! How were you suppose to date him if even if you ask him clearly he misunderstood it ? You facepalmed.

 

«  But if you want my opinion, you shouldn't be so aggressive. Boys like nice girls, not pitbull, you know ! » He said crossing, his fingers like a scientist or like a father talking to his 5 year old daughter.

 

Ouch ! You frowned.

 

« Did you just compare me to a pitbull, Chanyeol ? » You asked, offended.

«  No ! Not at all ! » He abruptly replied with gesture of the hand. «  That wasn't what I meant ! »

 

You nodded, a bit upset. Nevermind.

You put your school bag off your shoulder and put in down. You sited in front of him.

 

«  So, who is he ? » He gently asked with a smile.

«  Who is who ? » You retorted.

«  The boy you want to ask out. » He simply answered.

 

Oh, not this thing again ! Enough with the assumptions on who you date or who you like. You sighed and crossed your arms.

 

«  Forget about it, Chanyeol. »

 

He pinched his lips and scratched his hair.

 

«  But I want to help you ! » He insisted.

 

« Ah ? You want to help me? Then date me ! » You thought. How could he help you ? This guy was a hopeless and a complete loss of time !

 

«  I appreciate the help but I- »

 

Suddenly, an idea popped up in your mind. You smirked. He actually could help you...

 

«  Actually, yes ! You can help me. » You gently said with a smile.

 

Chanyeol smiled too and adjusted his glasses, happy to be useful.

 

«  Tell me ! » He replied, impatient.

 

You pretended to hesitate to tell him, to make it more believable. You chewed your bottom lips while looking worried.

 

«  But you can't tell anyone. Promise ? » You warned him, lifting a finger.

 

Chanyeol nodded. He put his right hand on his chest and raise the other.

 

«  I promise you I won't tell anyone.» He solemnly sweared. « You can trust me. » 

«  You promise ? » You insisted.

«  You have my word. »

 

You smiled. You started to play with your hair and blushed. You were a good comedian.

 

«  Well... There is the guy that I like. The thing is... you.. hum he is really weird and awkward ! I already clearly asked him out, but yo... he didn't understand my request. » You started to say, giving him an insinuating look.

«  Wow ! That boy must be really stupid ! » Chanyeol said, laughing.

 

Yes. You have no idea.

 

«  Sometimes he is really calm and almost shy, but when it comes to food... Oh my God ! He becomes hyper and totally crazy ! » You added with a big smile, thinking of the cookie episode. «  It's really scary ! »

 

Chanyeol broke into laughter and slapped the table.

 

«  Really ? How old is he to act that way ? » He asked, whipping a tear.

«  Same age as you. »

«  Wow ! Some people seriously need to grow up ! » He concluded.

 

You try to not laugh at his words. If only he knew !

 

«  What else ? » He asked, curious.

«  He's playing hard to get, it's so frustrating ! I don't know if yo...he realises my love for him... » You moaned.

 

You put your head in your hands to look more dramatic and heart-breaking. Chanyeol sighed, and patted your head. He seemed like he was understanding your « pain » and was compassionate about it.

 

«  Do you want me to give you some advices ? » He kindly asked, like he was comforting a little child.

 

You nodded, your head hidden in your arms.

 

«  Well... let me think about it. »

 

He scratched his chin and looked away for few seconds.

 

«  Be natural. Just stay as your are ! If he doesn't like you as you are, then this guy is a complete jerk and he doesn't diserve your tears. » He said, proud of his cheesy answer.

 

You sighed dramatically. He already told you he liked natural girls. That wasn't helping at all ! If he wanted to truly help you, then he had to put more efforts in it.

 

«  But what if it's not enough ? » You cried, raising your head. «  How am I supposed to act to make him understand ? »

 

Chanyeol pinched his lips and kept silent, thinking about what you were asking to him. You looked at him and pouted. How am I supposed to make you understand, Chanyeol ?

The corner of his lips slowly lifted up. He had an idea. The more his thought about it, the funnier it was.

«  Just show him your s ! » He exclaimed, grabbing invisible in the air and giving you a creepy smile.

 

Your eyes widened and you let out a weird and unhuman noise.

 

«  My what ?! » You yelled.

 

Was he freaking serious ? What the hell was wrong with him ? You hid your with your arms and looked down on him. Never ! Never !

 

«  Are you crazy ?! » You cried. « You're such a...a ...a ert, Chanyeol ! »

 

Chanyeol was laughing so hard at your reaction. He was hitting in table with his fist and was holding his stomach.

 

«  I'm kidding ! Just kidding. No need to get in such a state ! » He laughed like it wasn't a big deal. «  Just buy him food and he'll be happy ! »

 

He whipped an invisible tear of laughing, getting back to seriousness.

 

«  I already did. » You sighed, putting your head in the palm of your head.

« Ok, then back to the first suggestion. » He giggled, with a cracked face expression.

 

You gave him a deathly stare and hit him with your fist. No laughing at all. That's was creepy.

 

«  Yah ! It's a serious situation, Chanyeol ! » You cried. «  That's not funny ! »

 

That boy was really stupid and hopeless. Why was he the one you had to seduce ?

 

«  Ok ! Ok ! » He gave up, keeping nevertheless his smirk.

 

You sighed. That was a pointless fight. He wasn't clever enough to realise you were talking about him, and he was giving you the most stupid advices. You would never never never show him your s. Never !

 

«  Chanyeol, you're a boy. Just tell me what boys like » You suggested, tired.

 

« Just tell me what type of girl you like, and I'll pretend to be one of them. » You thought. Unless it was including . Of course.

 

«  Tell me what you like. » You added, with an insistent gaze.

 

You were hoping he would finally get it from the way you were looking at him. You weren't looking at him like usually. It was more intense.

You both remained speechless, sharing a long eye-contact. You didn't know how long it lasted, and you didn't care. You just kept looking at each other for an indecent among of time. You suddently realised Chanyeol was staring at you with a serious expression. No more derpiness, no more awkwardness. He was really looking at you, right in the eyes. That made you feel uncomfortable. You were used to his weird facial expressions, and seeing him looking at you like he was doing was unusual, almost... disturbing ?

It could have last longer but you were the one who broke the eye-contact and looked away, like it was nothing. Just a little more, and your cheeks were going to turn red. You just wanted to avoid uncomfortable situation, and making it lasted was useless.

You heard Chanyeol laughing.

 

«  Well, boys have different standards and tastes, you know. Since I'm not the one you like, telling you what I like wouldn't help that much ! » He said with a smile, back to his dorkiness. «  Don't you think ? »

 

You nodded. Insisting wouldn't help.

The nice little chat session was over now. It was time to work !

You grabbed your school bag and took out a bag of cookies. You put it on the table and gave it to Chanyeol. It had become an habit between you two.

 

« Oh ! Thank you ! » He exclaimed with sparkling eyes. « That boy should be very grateful to be loved by someone as nice as you ! Do you think he knows how lucky he is ? »

 

You half-smiled. ….Oh, the irony.

 

«  No, probably not. »

_______________________