Chapter 28

Seducing Nerdy Chanyeol !

__________________________

 
 
It took a lot, lot of self-control for Chanyeol to not flip the kitchen's table over with a cry of rage before heartlessly stabbing Sehun in the chest with a pen. It was tempting, really tempting and totally deserved too. But as much as he wanted to do so, Chanyeol had to stay calm and a minimum civilized. They were in the presence of a lady and it wasn't the right time to mess things up.
 
« Don't you have anything better to do, Sehun ? » Chanyeol coldly asked between clenched teeth, lifting his eyes from his English book.
 
He tried his best to sound relaxed and composed, but with that annoying grin on Sehun's face, might as well say that this was a difficult and of course failed exploit. It haIt had been about 20 minutes that this idiot was here and never in his life Chanyeol wanted so badly his friend to disappear from the freaking face of Earth. Sehun shook his head, the corners of his lips curling into a mischievous smirk.
 
« Nope! »
 
Chanyeol blew air by his nose and curtly flipped the page of his book to contain his urge to punch that idiot in the face. He was enjoying it, didn't he ? Making the atmosphere very uncomfortable and awkward. Chanyeol and you were actually trying to work as planned. But with a gate-crasher such as Sehun spoiling the moment, it was difficult for both of you to stay focused (and comfortable too). Sehun was sitting at the corner of the table, stuck between you two. He wasn't doing anything in particular, except being... here. Oh, and staring at you in a very creepy way too. The kind of way Chanyeol hoped Sehun would have the common sense to avoid.
 
« Are you sure ? » Chanyeol insisted, giving him an heavy look. « Like, really sure ? »
 
He stealthily pointed the door with a move of the head, « Get the hell out of here !» flickering in the eyes. But Sehun shook his head once again.
 
« Of course I am ! » He blinked, acting all innocent. « And stop looking at me like that, you're making me feel uncomfortable. »
 
Chanyeol narrowed his eyes, smelling irony. He silently whispered  « Bastard » from the tip of his lips which seemed to amuse a lot the maknae.
Feeling the atmosphere getting somewhat very heavy, you pretended to be too concentrated on your work to pay attention to their conversation. You were reading the same sentence again and again, trying to remember what made you think that coming here was be a great idea. You didn't even make progress with the deal. Maybe the library would have been a better place to stay after all. At least, you wouldn't have to deal with obvious stares and awkward innuendos. Chanyeol's friend was really something. Blank face but light smirk and amused eyes : in other words, that Sehun was making you feel very uncomfortable. 
 
« I heard a lot about you. » Sehun suddenly said, resting his chin in the palm of his hand, trying to catch your attention.
 
Chanyeol widened his eyes, feeling his heart dropped. Oh God, What now ? You raised your head from your book and gave him an surprised look. Did Chanyeol really talk about you ?
 
« Is that so ? » You asked with a lifted eyebrow as you looked at an off guard Chanyeol.
 
Sehun nodded.
 
« Yeah. Chanyeol talks about you all the time... »
« Sehun ! » The oldest one scolded, frowning.
 
What was that idiot talking about ? He had barely mentioned your name in front of him !
 
« And he was right, you're very pretty ! » Sehun continued, royally ignoring his friend's cries.
 
You awkwardly smiled, not really knowing how to reply to this. 
 
« Oh, really ? » You stupidly said, playing with the edge of your book. « T-thanks. »
 
Sehun chuckled, noticing how embarrassed Chanyeol was and how pink your cheeks were. 
 
« What do you think of our Yeollie by the way ? » He asked straight away,bending over the table on his crossed arms. « 
 
You blinked, taken by surprised, because, wow, that escalated quickly. Chanyeol brusquely hit the head of Sehun with eyes wide opened.
 
«  Yah ! » He cried, mortified, quickly glancing at you. « Stop bothering her, we have to work ! »
«  He's cute, isn't he ? » Sehun continued, waddling his head and keeping his eyes on you.
 
You frowned, not getting if he was joking or actually serious.
 
« Uh yeah... » You hesitantly agreed to stay polite.
 
The boy smiled, hitting Chanyeol's arm with his elbow and a giddy smile.
 
« Heard that, Yeollie ? She said yes ! »
 
Chanyeol tried to hide his face behind his hand because, right now, having Sehun as a friend was really embarrassing.
 
« Well, of course our Yeollie is cute ! I mean, if you take the moment to ignore those hideous glasses, he sure is ! » Sehun added, trying to sell his friend like a fisherman selling his fresh fish on the market place.
« My glasses aren't hideous, they make me look smart. » Chanyeol protested, adjusting them behind his hand.
 
Sehun glared at his hyung, silently judging him.
This glasses were an abomination, a sin made from hell and Sehun had not a single idea why that idiot was keeping them. They didn't even fit him. But as the good friend he was, one day or another Sehun would make sure to burn them. 
 
«  Smart ? » He rolled his eyes. « My ! »
 
Sehun's eyes got back on you and his lips rolled into a wide smile.
 
«  You know what ? » He exclaimed, snapping his fingers. « I just realised that you two would perfectly fit together ! I mean, a pretty girl like you should totally date a cute boy like him. Don't you agree ? »
 
You looked at Chanyeol who looked at you between the fingers of his hand. You stupidly opened your mouth and kept it open for a while, without saying anything. Was that Sehun for real ? An awkward silence built up as he kept on staring at you, waiting for an answer. 
 
" Uhm..." You weakly mumbled, fidgeting on your chair.
 
Here it was ! The perfect glorious opportunity to maybe make the deal progress ! The answer would be simple and accommodating. Anything would make it, as long as you said something along with Sehun. And yet, and yet...
You turned your glaze away and shrugged.
 
« I don't know. »
 
Chanyeol let his hand slip and Sehun tilted his hand to the side.
 
« Well, I do know and the answer is yes. »
 
You pinched your lips and stared at you book because that was really all you could do. Avoid. 
Before the atmosphere got any weirder, Chanyeol decided to stood up and put an end to the torture of being in the company of Oh Sehun.
 
« Well... » He exclaimed with a forced cheerful smile. « I think we worked really well today, even if we had some unwanted nuisance. »
 
Chanyeol glanced at Sehun before looking back at you.
 
« Is it fine if we stop our working session here ? » 
 
You quickly nodded, relieved to finally be able to see the light after this painful moment. You stood up as well and started to gather your stuff. Oh finally...  Putting your books in your bag and getting back your pens in your pencil case, when you suddenly froze remembering the only reason which brought you here. You heavily sighed before finding the courage to wear your brightest smile, ready to go for another round.
 
« Hey ! » You exclaimed, suddenly turning towards him. « Why don't we go to the café you talked about in the hallway ? I think a nice hot chocolate would be gladly welcomed after our hard work. »
 
Chanyeol, who was gathering his stuff as well under the glaze of Sehun, raised his head with surprise.
 
« What ? »
 
You blinked several time and even tucked a lock of your hair behind your ear, like you had seen girls do when they wanted something expensive from their Oppa.
 
« Please  ! I really want to taste it since you said it was delicious. »
 
He adjusted his glass, a little dumbfounded.
Chanyeol wasn't sure because from how your head fastly nodded when he suggested to end your work session, he could tell you just wanted to go home.
 
« Go ! » Sehun whispered, shaking Yeollie's arm.
 
Gosh, it was so damn slow sometimes. Thank God Sehun was here to make things go.
 
« Uh, yeah... ? » Chanyeol hesitantly said. « You're sure ? »
 
You nodded, still smiling.
 
« Yeah, let's go ! It's going to be fun. »
 
Chanyeol bit his lips, slowly smiling too. 
 
« A-Alright then ! »
 
You smile a little wider before putting everything back in your bag.
Screw the « intimate » confession ! This time, no matter what would happen, you were going to ask him to be your boyfriend.
 

__________________________

 
Before closing the door behind you two, Chanyeol turned back and gazed at Sehun who was looking at you from entrance hall.
 
« You're really stupid, Oh Sehun. » He grumbled, pointing a threatening finger at him. « I swear I'm going to kill you once we'll be alone. »
 
Sehun laughed, not impressed at all.
 
« Alright, lover boy ! I'm definitely looking forwards it.» He replied with a wink. « Go now, she's waiting in the hallway. »
« I can guarantee you that the next time that Chinese dude will come, I'm going to embarrass you like you have never been embarrassed of your life. »
« Well, I'm sure Luhan will enjoy the show. » Sehun smirked, waving goodbye.
 
Chanyeol narrowed his eyes. Silently, his thumb digged into his neck like a saw.
 
« Are you trying to be threatening ? » Sehun asked with a lifted eyebrow.
 
Because from his perspective, embarrassed-and-almost-dating-a-real-girl-Yeollie wasn't what he could exactly call « frightening ». 
Chanyeol pointed two fingers at his eyes before switching them in Sehun's direction with a death glare.
 
« I watch you... » He whispered with lowered eyebrows. « I watch you. »
 
Sehun laughed once more and Chanyeol closed the door.
 

__________________________

 
When D.O stepped in the kitchen, he found two empty chairs and a chuckling Sehun. 
 
« What have you done ? » D.O suspiciously asked, making his way to the fridge.
 
Sehun crossed his arms and satisfied smirk.
 
« Nothing. »
 
D.O opened the fridge's door, only to find out of date custards. He frowned, swearing he had done the shopping something like two days ago.
 
« Don't annoy them. » He said, closing the door with a sigh. « It's a pretty good thing   Chanyeol has finally found a girl. Besides they're not even really dating. »
« Yet. » Sehun added, raising his index in the air.
 
D.O crossed the room to look into the cupboard. His poor tummy was dying for something to eat. But unfortunately for him, two mouses called Sehun and Chanyeol seemed to be quicker than him and the cupboard was empty too.
 
« I'm actually helping here. » Sehun assured with confidence. «I mean, look at him ! Without me, Yeollie will never pick her up ! »
 
D.O laughed, admitting his friend was right. Chanyeol was so dense sometimes and a little help wouldn't hurt. But knowing how subtle Sehun was, maybe this kind of help wouldn't have the effects hoped.
 
« Besides, I'm sure everything is working for him right now. They went out for a drink or something.. » Sehun said, casually throwing his legs over the table. « See, I know what I'm doing. » 
 
D.O turned back, about to reply something when his eyes popped out of his head. Sehun, that careless idiot...!
 
« Sehun ! Get your dirty feet out of my table ! » He screamed, not feeling hungry anymore. 
 
He ran to push out of the way the maknae's legs.
 
« It's.. It's mahogany ! » D.O cried.
 

__________________________

(A/N) YEAH, I'M SUCH A TEASE ψ(`∇´)ψ

But now, we all know what is going to happen next, right ?

RIGHT ?