Chapter 3

Seducing Nerdy Chanyeol !

_______________________

 

Few days had passed before you found the courage to face Chanyeol and talked to him again. You still had mixed feelings about your plan and the deal. Sometimes, you were ready to confront yourself to Chanyeol and make something happen. But most of the time, you were just avoiding all the opportunity you had to talk to him and kept running away. The fact that he was weird wasn't helping that much.

You just wanted to end the deal quickly. That's why today you decided to finally act. Avoiding wasn't going to lead you somewhere anyway. Doing nothing wasn't going to make your plan progress.

You decided to talk to him during the break and you wouldn't let anything or anyone disturb you and your determination. Not even your friends complaints.

 

«  Where are you going ? Stay with us ! » Mina moaned cutely.

 

You apologized and gave a fake pretext to leave them. You didn't want to tell her about Chanyeol, it would only bring useless troubles. And you weren't going to date him for real, so there was no need to tell them.

You went out of the class and looked for him. You easily found him, thanks to his puffy hair, at his locker. Before walking towards him, you fixed your hair and pinched your lips to make them look more red. You already saw Vicky do it.

 

«  Hey Chanyeol ! » You cheerfully exclaimed and leaned on the locker next to him.

 

Chanyeol jumped and briskly turned his head to you.

 

«  Oh hi ! » He replied with a smile.

 

His voice. You thought, still unused to it. How was it possible to have such a deep voice with a face like his ? It was intimidating you actually, making it even more difficult for you to talk to him.

Chanyeol cleared his throat. There was an awkward silence.

 

«  Do you have free-time today ? I thought we could work on the project after class. » You suggested with a light voice.

 

Chanyeol pinched his lips.

 

«  Hum... I don't think I can today, sorry. » He apologized.

 

Your faked smile and your confidence faded away. That wasn't planned. He wasn't supposed to refuse.

 

«  Is that so ? » You whispered.

 

Seriously ? What prevented him to work with you today ? What, in his boring life, was stopping him ?

You were disappointed, all your determination and courage had been useless. For once, you tried to make an effort and that was how your were rewarded. You sighed.

Chanyeol looked sorry. He was playing with the padlock of his locker and wasn't looking at you.

 

«  I'm sorry I have activities outside school so I don't have a lot of free-time. » He explained.

 

Activities outside school ? Did he meant playing at video games ? Spending time with his not existent friends ? Yes, you were frustrated and annoyed.

His light brown eyes lighted up.

 

«  But, we can meet tomorrow. » He suggested.

 

Tomorrow ? Ugh, you already planned to go shopping with Vicky and Mina. Guess like you had to change your plans.

 

«  Okay, let's meet tomorrow ! » You answered with a cute smile.

 

Chanyeol nodded.

 

«  Yes, let's meet tomorrow and work hard ! » He exclaimed, raising his fist.

 

 

The library was so peaceful and silent. Students were working on their homeworks, giving a studious feel to the atmosphere. Chanyeol and you were writing elements for your project without exchanging a single word. The aura between you two was awkward, as expected. You didn't really feel comfortable around him. But you had to get a grip on yourself to break the ice, to do something ! You didn't suggest this meeting to actually work on the project.

You gave a quick look at Chanyeol. He was flipping pages on a book, not paying attention at you. You bit your lips.

You wanted to start a conversation but I was harder than you had thought.

 

«  Do... Do you like English class ? » You asked gently.

 

Your question was a bit stupid but that the only thing that came out.

Chanyeol raised his head and your eyes met.

 

«  Yes, it's not my favorite class but yes I like it. » He answered with a shy smile.

«  Nice. » You replied awkwardly.

 

Chanyeol nodded and transferred his attention back on his book. « Ah ! Find something else » you thought, mentally hitting you. You turned to him.

 

«  Do you come often to the library ? »

 

« Seriously, SERIOUSLY ? » The more your were talking, the stupider you felt. Seriously, who were often coming to the library ? Not that you had a lack of discussion or anything. Somewhat, talking to Chanyeol wasn't easy and natural for you.

His attention got back at you.

 

«  Not really. » He answered with a small laugh.

 

And he focused back on his book. Again.Freaking again. It really felt like you were talking to yourself. He was only answering to be polite, not because he actually wanted to talk. You tried to ask him more pointless questions, but he kept giving you polite and discouraging answers. How were you supposed to seduce him if he wasn't even really replying to you ?

You closed your eyes and sighed. That wasn't going to work. That boy was completely clueless, wasn't he ? Did he really believe you actually just wanted to work with him ? You had to find another tactic.

You thought of Vicky and the tips she gave to Mina about the use of aegyo. Was Chanyeol into cute girls ? You quickly stared at him. You couldn't really picture him with an overly cute girl.

But, until now, you only tried to act friendly and never really used any aegyo, this strategy wasn't efficient enough. It would took too much time to build a relationship if you kept acting the way you did. If you wanted to end up things quickly, then you had to be more direct, more aggressive. May be Vicky was right, maybe overload cuteness would make him fall for you.

You tried to remember her words. Pushing your head on the side, playing with your hair, blinking heavily and calling him with a cute and fake light voice ? Maybe you could give it a try.

You were thinking about it when you grabbed you bag, searching for a book. Your agitation caught Chanyeol's attention. You didn't notice but he was secretly looking at what you were doing, when his eyes suddenly widened and he almost died of a heart attack.

 

«  OH MY GOD ! Are those... CO...COOKIES ? » He yelled of excitement with a cracked voice, standing up and pointing his finger to your bag.

 

You jumped on your seat and let out a loud scream. What the ?

 

«  Shhh ! » Someone whispered in the library.

 

You heart was racing like crazy. What the was wrong with him ? One minute ago, he was all shy and silent. And now, he was excited and acting crazy. How could he change so suddenly from calm to such excitation ? Was he bipolar or something ? That guy was Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde ! Perfectly calm one second, total freak the next one.

You were hung to your bag, giving him a face, while Chanyeol was looking at you with big eyes and a dorky face.

You quickly looked at you bag.

 

«  Do... Do you want some ? » You asked nervously.

«  YES ! YES, PLEASE ! » He shouted with a big smile, striking the table.

 

He hold out his hand to you. You looked at his hand, unable to move for few seconds because of your previous shock. Chanyeol was really looking like a small child. If it wasn't so sudden and if he wasn't doing that weird expression, could have found it kind of... cute ? But no. It was Chanyeol, he was damn scary and it was not cute at all !

Seeing that you weren't moving, Chanyeol pushed your with his finger.

 

«  Yah ! I said I want some. » He moaned.

 

Somewhat, food made him feel a lot more comfortable. Was it his weak point ? The atmosphere between you had changed. It was still awkward, but in total different way now !

You quickly nodded and brought the bag of cookies out of your school bag. You put nervously it on the table like is was infected, and Chanyeol literally jumped on it. He held to it like he was holding his life and was intensly staring at it. He even laughed and talked to it. You looked at him with a disapproval expression. This guy had some serious issues.

Chanyeol caught your expression and blinked. He realised that his behaviour was... inappropriate. He blushed and put down the bag.

 

«  Oh, sorry. » He apologized.

 

He adjusted his glasses and tried to put himself together, giving himself a more serious and mature expression. What was that now ?

 

«  It's just... I'm very hungry,ok ? Please don't judge me. » He explained with a straight face, looking straight ahead.

 

You let out a little laugh, nervous.

 

«  Ahaha ! It's fine. » You replied with a fake laugh, doing an awkward gesture of the hand.

 

Someone. Please. Save. Me.

 

«  Can I open it ? » He gently asked.

 

You nodded, unable to speak. Chanyeol thanked you with a bright smile and slowly put his hand on it. He waited few seconds before grabbing it violently. He opened it like it was an emergency and filled his mouth with two cookies. A satisfied expression appeared on his face, it was like he was receiving a gift from heaven. You couldn't looked away, fascinated and scarred at the same time. Chanyeol offered you some cookies but you refused.

 

«  No, it's fine. You can keep them. All of them. The whole bag. » You answered blankly.

«  Really ? Oh thank you ! You are so nice. Working with you is going to be awesome ! » He shouted, droping pieces of cookies while putting another cookies on his already full mouth.

 

What was that guy ? If it wasn't for the stupid deal, you would have ran away since in a long time. You sighed. Keep calm, you thought. It will only last a month.

 

_______________________