Chapter 25

Seducing Nerdy Chanyeol !

__________________________

 

When Chanyeol came back home that afternoon, he had the spirit of a defeated soldier. You were dating Kai. Everything was said...

He slowly opened the flat's door, lost in his thoughts. He really didn't expect Kai to be your crush. How could a girl as sweet as you fall for someone as uninteresting as him ? It was just... surreal.

Chanyeol was so shocked that he had been on autopilot since he heard the news. He didn't even know how he managed to get home. He could only remember leaving you at the park, pretending to have an important rehearsal which was, of course, a big fat lie. The thought of you and Kai was just... so odd and he seriously couldn't handle it.

Chanyeol threw his bag on a corner of the flat before joining Sehun on the sofa. His bestfriend was playing to the Playstation, lazily lying on the couch and messingly eating chips. Pieces of food were spread on the sofa and the carpet and D.O, as obsessive about tidiness as he was, would totally freak out when he will see all the dirty mess the Maknae was doing. Chanyeol fell next to his friend like an heavy bag with a dramatic sigh but Sehun was so concentrated on the TV that he didn't even noticed him.

 

« Hi !» Chanyeol greeted him, throwing his long legs over the coffee table.

 

He looked at the screen and put his hands on the bowl of chips, loudly stirring the food before grabbing a big handful. Some pieces of food fell on the couch on the way to his mouth.

 

«  What's u- »

« Shh ! » Sehun frowned, his eyes glued to the screen.

 

He was so close to the next level of that stupid video game. It took him forever to finally be at this point of the game and he wasn't going to mess it up.

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow, a little surprised. He put his hand back in the bowl.

 

« D.O isn't here ? » He asked, the mouth full and his eyes wandering in the room.

« Nope. » Sehun cut him off, biting his tongue as he was focused on the game.

« Where is he ?»

« I dunno. »

« When is he coming back ? »

« I dunno. »

« Did he go to the supermarket ? »

« I don't know Chanyeol »

« I hope he's going to buy the spicy noodles he bought the other day. It was delicious, wasn't it ? »

 

Sehun blew air out of his nose. Chanyeol was talking too much and it seriously wasn't the moment. He couldn't focus on the game with him yakking away.

 

« Oh by the way, today I- »

« Won't you shut up ?! » Sehun cried, loosing his temper and pressing pause. « Jeez ! Can't you see I'm busy right now ?! »

 

Chanyeol widened his eyes. What was up with him ?

 

« Are you ok ? » Chanyeol asked, loudly chewing chips.

 

Sehun closed his eyes.

 

« Stop talking, ok ? » The maknae whispered, facepalming. « Just. Stop.Talking. »

 

Chanyeol opened his mouth but then closed it without saying anything.What was up with him ? Yeollie just wanted to have a nice chit-chat since today had been pretty... unpredictable and he really needed to think about something else.

Without a word, the poor Yeollie stood up and disappeared in his bedroom, offended and hurt. Like knowing you were dating Kai wasn't enough, now his bestfriend was sending him packing. What a really wonderful day. It couldn't have been better. What had he done to deserve this ? But once in his room, lying lifelessly on his bed, Chanyeol realised the silence and the solitude were even worst than being rejected by Sehun, so he just walked back into the living-room and sat back on the sofa. Silent, but still offended.

 

« I need a beer. » Chanyeol complained, crossing his arms and pounting after a long moment of quietness.

« We don't have beer, Yeollie. » Sehun replied tit for tat, his eyes on the TV screen.

« But I need a ing beer. » Chanyeol insisted, totally aware there weren't any drop of alcohol in their flat.

 

He didn't know why he just said that. He didn't even like beer.

Sehun rolled his eyes. Chanyeol's low intimidating voice wasn't working on him.

 

« Don't be ridiculous, you can't even handle alcohol. » Sehun retorted, not very tactfully.

 

Chanyeol's cheeks turned red, because... well, that was true and that wasn't very manly.

 

« Shut up. » He coldly groaned, rolling into a ball on the sofa.

 

Bet Kai could handle alcohol, him.

And bet this guy could do everything he wanted to. Drinking a lot, being a jerk and having you...

Now that Chanyeol could put a face on your crush, he's mind was a big mess. How the hell did that happen and what was so exciting about that dumb guy ? All the girls were drooling over him and from Chanyeol's perspective, there really weren't any good reasons for this. Sure he was acting badass in front of everyone and had a fierce charisma worthy of typical bad guy. But that was all. He wasn't funny. He wasn't nice. He wasn't clever. He wasn't Chanyeol.

Yeollie sighed. Really, he couldn't understand. Girls were really mysterious sometimes.

A long silence built up between Sehun and him. Only the sound of the TV was echoing and filling the room. From time to time, Chanyeol tried to catch his friend's attention by dramatically whining and sighing. He really needed to talk and put things out of his chest. But Sehun royally ignored him. And the more he was ignoring him, the more Chanyeol was being over-dramatically sighing. It lasted until Sehun couldn't take Yeollie's attention-seeking anymore. Enough was enough. Pressing pause, and throwing the joystick next to him, the youngest finally turned to pay attention to his friend.

 

« What ? » Sehun sighed, a little annoyed.

 

Chanyeol was wincing more than usual, and suddenly need to drink beer wasn't really a part of Yeollie's habits. Sehun knew him. Every times he was trying to get his attention, he was acting like a

poor kitty and it was really annoying. Sehun gave him a « you better talk now, stupid » look, because his patience had limits and he really wanted to play. Besides boy's talks weren't really his thing. Of course he was ready to listen and help his friend if it was necessary. He wasn't that heartless and they weren't bestfriends only for the happy moments afterall. But whining about life and stuff were girly things and he was too manly for theses bulls. And he knew too well Chanyeol to know that he would complain about really small details and this was going to be hella boring.

He eyed Chanyeol's feet brushing the floor as the Happy Virus remained silent.

 

« Did something happen ? »

 

Chanyeol frowned. He bit his lips, not knowing how to put his feelings in words.

 

« Yeah. Sort of. I don't know... Maybe ? »

 

He really wanted to talk, but he didn't know how.

Sehun crossed his arms and sighed.

 

« Tell me what happen, I'll listen. » He said, trying to not look at the tempting TV screen.

« Alright... » Chanyeol nodded.

 

Chanyeol gathered his long legs on the sofa and rested his chin on the top. He wanted to say something, to express something. But how ? And where to start ? He wasn't even sure what he wanted to talk about. All he knew was that he had this strange heaviness in his chest, and stupid Kai was dating you and this was unacceptable.

 

« Promise me you won't laugh. » Chanyeol said, a little worried.

« Promise. » He replied, rolling his eyes.

 

Whatever he had to say, Sehun would be able to handle it. He was used to the weirdness of Chanyeol's words anyway.

Yeollie murmured a brief « Ok... » before taking a deep breath. It was time to talk. Feeling somewhat nervous, he curled his toes and awkwardly drummed his hands on his thighs.

 

« Hum... So... » He started, clearing his throat. « It's about my projectpartner... You know, the girl of my school who went to our conce- Yah ! You said you'd be listening !»

 

Chanyeol stopped talking to stared at his friend with discontent. Sehun was actually lustfully looking at the TV screen, not paying attention at all. He just wanted to play but he was stuck with Chanyeol for the moment.

 

« Of course, go on. » He assured him, his eyes still on the screen.

 

Yeah, he meant « not at all ». Chanyeol pouted and Sehun quickly looked at him, faking interest to prove him he was trully listening.

 

« Yeah, what about that girl ? »

 

Guess she made fun of Yeollie or something, like everyone. Highschool girls weren't so sweet and nice nowadays. They were always joking about Yeollie's ridiculously impressive height, his very characteristic twisted face expression or his caveman's voice.Yeah, Chanyeol wasn't the typical flower boy girls were dreaming of. And even if Yeollie assured him that his projectpartner was different, Sehun knew that nobody was different and, one day or another, you would act like all the others did.

Chanyeol glared at Sehun and shook his head.Gosh, that guy really wanted to play to his videogame ! Not loosing more time, he started to speak again.

 

« Well... so we are friend and hum... You know as a friend, it's important to ensure each others, r-right ? Well she.. I think she's dating a total looser of our class and I think it's not a good thing... f-for her ! Not for me ! For her ! It's not like a cared... It's for her- »

 

Sehun was right. This was boring, and he really didn't care. He eyes the joystick on the couch and slowly brushed it with his fingertips.

 

« ...She's a nice girl and it's really a shame to see she's having a thing for that guy... He's not even that handsome and he's ab- »

« Well that's her problem. Not yours. » Sehun cut him off with a shrug, grabbing the full joystick.

 

Easy ! Case closed. Now that the problem was solved, he could play again to his game, right ? But Chanyeol wasn't over yet. He frowned and crossed his arms.

 

« It's my problem actually ! » He protested, with a pout.

« It only becomes your problem if you start to care more than you should. » Sehun declared, turning toward the television.

 

Chanyeol unfolded his arms and threw them in the air.

 

« What the hell is that supposed to mean ? » He narrowed his eyes, shaking his head.

 

What Yeollie was looking for was help and advices. Not random sentences without any sense. Sehun his teeth and glared at Chanyeol. That was pretty clear actually.

 

« If you care so much about it, than you should ask yourself some questions, dude. » Sehun said with an insistent look. « If it's just friendship, than you shouldn't feel so concerned about it. »

 

Chanyeol blinked, really not getting it. It was normal to be concerned, he was your friend !

 

« I'm just worried about her. That's it ! » Chanyeol insisted, somewhat disagreeing with his own words.

 

Sehun curled his lips into a smirk. Suuuure !

 

« Just worried ? Are you sure ? »

 

Chanyeol never show any interested in the lovelife of his friends. Boys or girls. Sure he didn't have that much girl as friends, but still... He didn't care about Sehun's, he didn't care about D.O's but curiously, he cared abour yours.

 

« Yes. » He replied, grabbing some chips. « Just... worried. »

 

Sehun raised a brow but didn't say anything. He silently turned his head to the tv, keeping an amused face. Chanyeol was so thick sometimes.

Yeollie ran a hand in his puffy hair with a sigh. He thought talking to someone would help him to think clearer but Sehun's words confused him even more. Of course he was just worried. What else could it be ?

Sehun pressed « play » on the joystick and focused on the game again. He was pretty confident. Chanyeol will figure out soon what was going on, it was just a matter of time. He had always been a little dim. No wonder he was so slow at acknowledging his true feelings. Just friends ? Tsk. Just the fact of mentioning a girl was saying it all. Quickly giving a look at Chanyeol, Sehun chuckled, amused.

 

The front door suddenly opened, and an overloaded with plastic bags D.O came in. He took off his shoes with a sigh and step in the appartment, looking exhausted.

 

« Yo ! » Sehun greeted him, concentrated on the televesion.

« Did you buy spicy noodles ? » Chanyeol asked, looking at his friend puting down the grocery bags.

 

D.O took a deep breath before joining his two friends on the couch.

 

« Yeah, I did. » He whispered, taking off his jacket.

 

He fell between Yeollie and Sehun with a whining. The grocery took forever and he thought he would never come back. Besides he missed the bus and the grocery bags were so damn heavy.

D.O put his legs on the coffee table and grabbed the bowl chips. He just needed to rest a little before cooking the dinner.

 

« What are you doing ? » He asked, trying to find the biggest chip of the bowl.

 

Even if Sehun was focused on the videogame, a knowing smile crossed his face. He let the pleasure to reply to Yeollie who was awkwardly scratching the back of his neck.

 

« We were talking ab- » He started to say when D.O cut him off.

« Wait ! ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS ?! » D.O jumped out of the sofa with a scream, making Sehun scream from surprise too.

 

His eyes were widened, his cheeks bright red, and his hand pointing at the couch.

 

« There are pieces of food everywhere ! » D.O yelled, furious.

 

Chanyeol and Sehun shoot a look at the sofa and winced. It was really dirty and they know how picky D.O was when it came to cleanliness. They quickly scrubed the couch. Angry D.O wasn't funny at all and if they wanted to eat something tonight, they better shut up and scrubed hard.

 

« I can't believe it. » He poor D.O said, throwing his hands in the air and walking to the kitchen. « You're unbeliveable ! »

 

Chanyeol and Sehun kept quiet like two scolded kids.

 

« I'm not the maid of this ing house. » D.O added from the kitchen.

 

Yeollie and the maknae exchanged a quick glance before silently craking up smiles.

 

« Don't laugh ! » Chanyeol said, hitting the shoulder of Sehun and trying to hold his laugh.

« I'm not laughing ! » The other replied, bitting his lips to not giggle.

 

Everytime D.O was making a scene of cleanliness, they couldn't help but finding it ridiculous. He was really over-reacting ! They stayed like this for a moment, trying to not laugh and make D.O even more moody. After few minutes, Chanyeol stood up.

 

« I'm going to apologize. » He said to Sehun. «  Or else we won't eat dinner. »

 

Sehun made a thumb up.

 

« Good luck with that ! » He joked, grabbing the joystick he had left on the couch to clean.

 

His eyes landed on the television and-

 

« No ! No, please ! » The young boy cried, his eyes wide opened. « No, no, no ! »

 

Chanyeol turned back and frowned.

 

« What ? »

 

Sehun closed his eyes and threw the joystick on the table. He crossed his arms and sighed.

 

« I forgot to pause the game. The game ended. » He moaned like a kid.

 

He had been so close to the next level. So close... Chanyeol sadly shrugged as he read the bright green letters which appeared on the television screen. It was written in capital and accompanied by a gloomy music. GAME OVER.

 

__________________________

 

(A/N) I'M STILL ALIVE GUYS ! ヽ(;▽;)ノ

Shame on me for being so slow and coming back with this boring update -_-' You can beat me guys, I deserve it.

So yeah, confused Chanyeolito is confused  (︶ω︶) ! 

Is this just friendship ?

Or does it hide something else ?

We'll see in the next chapter huhuhu !

Thank you so much for reading, subscribing and commenting (゜▽゜;) You are really amazing ! You always make me smile and laugh and I just feel so happy. I REALLY LOVE YOU ;_; If some of you want to talk with me, you can find me on Tumblr. It's ok to leave random message  ヽ(;▽;)ノ I love making friends so yeah, do it !~