Chapter 19

Seducing Nerdy Chanyeol !

__________________________

 

 «  What the hell was that, Chanyeol ? » D.O howled, violently slamming the door behind him.

 

Tonight's concert had been a total di-sas-ter, and all thanks to Chanyeol.

Everything was going fine. People were enjoying the show, the band performed well. It couldn't get any better... Until this stupid kid ruined everything by dropping the mic without any reason and dumbly standing there, on stage, before running away. Why ? No one knew ! Except him... and you.

Chanyeol sighed and slided against the hallway's wall. They had to cancel the concert because of him. It was his fault, he was the one to blame. What he did was really immature and selfish. But it was the least of his problem. The major headache right now was you.

 

« Answer me ! » D.O groaned, crossing his arms.

 

It was the first time something like this happened. Chanyeol hid his face between his hands and kept on mentally replaying the part on which he saw you, ignoring D.O. What the hell were you doing here ?

As soon as his eyes had landed on you, he had felt like someone had kicked him violently in the stomach. He wasn't expecting to see you here and the shock had taken his breath away. You were not supposed to be here.

And then ? What happened exactly ? He just ran away without a word, without an apology. Just like a coward. No need to say that he wasn't going to get away with it. The two others members will make him suffer for it.

Sehun shook his head and his teeth.

 

« Chanyeol, I think we deserve some explanations here. » He got impatient.

 

Chanyeol sighed and grouped his knees together. He could feel angry looks on him, like two parents scolding their unruly kid. Let they be mad, there was something way more worrying than the failed performance of tonight.

 

«  I... » He started to say with a hoarse voice « I saw someone from school. »

 

Chanyeol's words echoed in the hallway and it took few seconds for the two others members to understand.

D.O and Sehun tensed, feeling suddenly uneasy. They exchanged a quick glance.

 

«  S-S-School ? » Sehun chocked, with a toneless voice.

«  Wait... Are you sure ? » D.O nervously asked, hoping his friend had mistaken.

 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and breathed deeply.

 

« Yeah, I am. »

 

Silence.

 

« Did you tell to someone about our little « secret » activity ? » D.O asked, frowning.

« No, I haven't. »

« I'm going to ask you this again Chanyeol. » D.O warned him, speaking louder. « Have you, yes or no, told to someone about- »

 

Chanyeol coldly looked at him with a raised brow.

 

« Of course not, stupid ! » He cut him off, slightly offended.

«  Well what was that person doing here, then ? » D.O retorted, irritated.

 

Chanyeol made a face and dropped his arms in the air.

 

« I ing don't know, man ! »

 

He was as uniformed as him. All he knew was that you were here tonight and this was problematic. The « How » and the « Why » were still unknown.

Besides, Chanyeol wasn't stupid, it wouldn't tell anyone about this. He knew perfectly the risks of being caught. He highly doubted school would allow him to rap in bars at night in a band called the Rolling Buffalo. So if school knew about this, he was dead. D-E-A-D !

 

« That wasn't a reason to run away. » D.O dryly declared, coughing. « You should have control yo- »

 

Chanyeol immediately stood up, getting seriously annoyed.

 

«  And what did you want me to do, D.O ? Stay on stage? Keeping on performing like a monkey in front of someone from my freaking school ? » He asked, ironic. « Oh yeah, brilliant idea ! »

 

D.O shut his mouth and spaced back and forth. Chanyeol was right, keeping on performing wasn't the solution.

Chanyeol sat back on the floor without adding anything else. The fact that they had being caught by someone from school was troublesome enough. Fighting wasn't going to change anything.

 

«  What are we going to do ? » Sehun asked, worried.

 

Being the youngest didn't mean he wasn't understanding the seriousness of the situation. He looked at his two friends who voluntary kept silent. Both of them were looking at their feet. They all knew what this meant.

 

«  Oh ... » Sehun whispered, making the Happy Virus mockingly smiled.

 

He sat next to Chanyeol, being as caught short as his friend were.

 

«  Yeah, «  »... » Chanyeol repeated, clicking his tongue.

 

The three of them reminded silent for a moment, not knowing what to do. Of course one day they were going to get caught by someone from school, it was obvious. But that day came earlier than expected and they weren't ready for it.

D.O silently walked up and down the hallway whereas Sehun was scratching his hair and Chanyeol glaring at he floor. The Rolling Buffalo wasn't rolling anymore ((☞゚∀゚)☞ Ba-dum-tssss !). No more derping around or acting like fools, the situation was critical and important now. You didn't know it, but your presence tonight was really bad and had the impact of a earthquake in the band. They were screwed now.

D.O stopped walking and turned towards Chanyeol, his face being very pale.

 

« Who was it exactly ? » D.O asked, breaking the oppressive silence. « Is it someone who is popular in your school ? Like someone who will talk about it to someone else ? »

 

Chanyeol bit his lips and thought about it. Were you popular ? Hum... not really. May you talk about it to someone else ? Unfortunately, yes. To Mina and Vicky who were very, very talkative. If you tell them, it wouldn't take a lot of time for the whole school to know.

 

« She's not very popular but she has friends so... » Chanyeol declared, playing with the dust on the floor with his foot.

 

D.O eyes widened even more (if it was possible). That wasn't good at all.

 

«  It's a girl ?! » He cried, dropping his hands in the air.

 

Chanyeol nodded silently, while Sehun facepalmed.

 

« Fantastic ! That's even worst. » He sighed.

 

Yes, it was bad.

They were portraying you like the average giddy school girl ready to tell everything to everyone. Could you imagine ? Chanyeol, the weirdo, being in a band ? That's would spread like wildfire.

 

« So, what are we going to do ? » Sehun asked for the second time, biting his nail.

 

D.O shrugged.

 

« I don't know, man. » Chanyeol replied, still looking at the floor. « I don't know. »

« But we have to do something ! » The youngest got indignant, hitting the floor with his feet. « We need to ! Or else it will be over. The band, the concerts..everything. »

 

Nobody answered, making Sehun even more exasperated. Why nobody was suggesting something ? His two hyungs were waiting dejectedly instead of thinking of a possible solution. They were completely demoralized, which was understandable, but Sehun couldn't bear with this despair. The silence was unacceptable ! Was he the only one who cared about the band ?

 

« Guys, wake up ! » He exclamed. « Let's find a solution. »

 

Sehun turned to Chanyeol who was usually the liveliest one. If someone would suggest something, he would be that one. But Yeollie shrugged and looked away, disappointing the youngest member.

 

« Yah ! Chanyeol why don't you say something ? » Sehun got angry, pushing his shoulder.

 

After all, that girl came from his school. He should know what to do ! But Yeollie reminded silent. Sehun sighed and massaged his forehead.

 

« For God's sake, what's wrong with you ? » He yelled at them, with daggers in his eyes. « Don't you want to do something about it guys ? So what ? We wait here and wish for a miracle ? You're really pathetic. Both of you ! I thought we coul- »

« I know her... » Chanyeol cut him off, running a hand in his hair. « I know her, so calm down. »

 

Sehun immediately shut up to widened his eyes. D.O blinked and looked at Yeollie like it was the first time he saw him.

 

« What ? » D.O asked, making Chanyeol sighed.

« I know her. » Yeollie repeated.

 

His two friends looked at each other, slowly smiling. They felt like something heavy had been removed from their chest.

 

« But... But that's a great news, Chanyeol ! » D.O exclaimed, regaining colours. « Why didn't you say it earlier, stupid ? »

 

Finally they were seeing a light of hope !

Chanyeol shrugged, keeping on playing with the dust.

 

« If you know her, than you can talk to her ! » Sehun declared with a smile.

« And you can ask her to keep it secret ! » D.O added with enthusiasm.

 

Yeollie frowned, not sharing their relief. Just when he wanted to avoid you, he had now to ask you a favor.

 

«  Yeah but it's complicated » He started to say, his teeth.

 

Sehun made a sweeping gesture.

 

« Na, na, na ! Nothing is complicated, Yeollie. Let's call her ! »

«  I don't have her number. » He mumbled.

« Do you know where she lives, then ? » D.O asked.

« Nope. »

 

Sehun crossed his arms. They were so close to their goal, but Chanyeol wasn't very cooperative.

 

« Do you know her or not ? » Sehun got annoyed. « Because it doesn't look like you do. »

 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

 

« Well, sorry if I don't know the Social Security Number or the blood type of my project partner ! » Yeollie got angry.

 

D.O silently raised a brow. Girl partner ? Interesting...

 

«  Then, you'll talk to her on Monday. » Sehun annouced, clapping his hands.

 

The Maknae stood up and cleaned his jacket, happy to see that not everything was lost after all. He casually walked to the door, now that everything was fixed. Whereas D.O looked over Yeollie, thinking of what he just said. As far as he could remember, that was the first time Chanyeol was paired with a girl in school. Usually, he was working with a guy or alone. But with a girl ? Pft ! That would be pure fiction. It may be mean for a friend to think this but girls weren't interested in someone as creepy and weird as Yeollie. The only times he got attention from females was when he was on stage, rapping badassly. But working with him on a project that took a lot of time ? Strange. D.O wandered what kind of girl would accept to work with him and why. He didn't know why but it smelled fishy...

D.O remembered as well how many times Chanyeol came home late because he was working « so hard » on his project to have « the best grade ». What a big fat liar ! Holding his smile, he came closer to Chanyeol who was still on the floor to innocently .

 

« Do you think we can trust her ? » He asked, sounding voluntary suspicious. « I mean... You know how girls are... »

« She won't snitch out. I know her enough to know that she's reliable. » Chanyeol answered right away, lazily standing up on his two feet.

 

D.O nodded, biting his lips. If Chanyeol said so...

 

« But I don't know a lot of reliable girls, Yeollie. One day or another, they will disappoint you. » D.O whispered, loud enough for Chanyeol to hear. « And I don't think this one is an exception. »

 

Chanyeol raised his head, frowning. How could he say such things about you when he didn't even know you ? You were the kindest girl he ever met, of course you wouldn't disappoint him !

 

«  She's not like that. »Yeollie retorted, slightly irritated. « You don't know anything about her ! »

 

D.O shrugged, mentally laughing. So much loyalty from Chanyeol was refreshing. The tone of his voice confirmed to him that you were more than just a partner to Yeollie. The thought made D.O smirked.

 

« Why are you smiling like that, weirdo ? » Chanyeol asked, lifting a brow.

« Nothing. » His friend replied, keeping nevertheless his smile.

 

Chanyeol gave him a weird face before turning back.

 

« Let's go eat something now that everything's resolved. » He suggested, joining Sehun in the door frame.

 

Trying to find an exit in the food: typical from Chanyeol. D.O rolled his eyes, amused.

The truth was Chanyeol wasn't a big food lover. But he was pretending to be one and was always resorting on food when he was disturbed by something or... someone.

 

 

« Agh ! So disappointing ! » Jena mumbled, kicking a rock on the street.

 

The three fangirls and you went out of the bar as soon as the concert got abbreviated. After Chanyeol dropped the mic, he just ran away and after a moment of general confusion, the owner of the bar declared that the show was over without any explanations. Of course, you knew the reason of Chanyeol's behaviour, but you kept it to yourself. How would the fangirls react if they knew you were friend with him ? They nearly killed you when you bumped into him, so being more than a stranger with him... Definitely not a good idea. Speaking of fangirls, you were still so shocked that didn't even realise you were free to go home now. Deep in your thoughts, you kept on silently walking next to them, your gaze lost on the asphalt.

 

« They could have at least explain to us what happened ! » One of the girl exclaimed, clicking her tongue.

«  I told you ! Happy Virus fell in love with me at first sight and couldn't hold his passion. » Her friend joked to lighten the mood. «  That's why he ran away. »

« Don't be stupid ! He saw me, not you ! »

 

Jena hit both of the two girls, yelling something at them. But you barely listened to what they were saying, too busy replaying the moment Chanyeol had seen you in your head. Of course, you were the one you put him in this state. You would have react the same if your were in this situation. God, that was crazy ! You didn't know if you should laugh or not. It was just so improbable... Chanyeol, in a band, being the rapper... Seriously what the hell was that and how did it happen ? If you weren't living the Cold War with Vicky and Mina, you would have called them right away. Or maybe not. You could easily imagined what they would have thought of him. They would forget everything the weird Chanyeol who made them laugh so much, to only see him as the hottie hidden deep inside and, curiously, the idea annoyed you more than it should.

 

« Well, I hope you like the show even if it ended strangely. » One of the three fans said, grabbing your arm and making you snap back into reality.

« Eh ? Ah ! Yes, it was really cool. Thank you for the ticket. » You said with a grateful smile.

« You are free to go now. » Jena declared, striking her tongue. « It was nice to have you by our side tonight. I hope we didn't freak you out or anything. »

 

You laughed. Of course they freaked you out ! But they had been really nice with you, even if they were strangers. You hoped someday you would meet again. Theses girls weren't boring at all. After many thanks and salutations, you were free and alone, ready to go home. Tiredness grew in you, it was time to sleep. You walked in Seoul's streets, thinking of everything that happened. Kai, the fight at the party, the crazy fans and now Chanyeol being in a band. Maybe were you still drunk and everything came up from your imagination ? You didn't know anymore because everything felt unreal.

After twenty minutes, you finally saw your house standing in the light of a street lamp. You were already feeling your pillow against your cheek and the sheets covering your shoulders. You smiled, this night was finally going to end and you hoped tomorrow would be better and brighter.

Before opening the door, your eyes travelled up to the stars which were now shinning in the sky. You remembered how dark the sky was until that shining jacket crossed your way.