Chapter 16

Seducing Nerdy Chanyeol !

(A/N) GUESS WHO'S BAAAAACK ?

Hohoh ! How are you doing, guys ? :D

I'm sorry for the long wait, I should have had Internet earlier but the Internet provider forgot to take our application TWICE ! (Like, dude, you had ONE job (॓_॔) WTF seriously ?!) But I am back now :'D

Thank you so much for your patience and your warm support ♥ I really appreciate it ! I missed you guys ;_; And thank you for enjoying this ridiculous fanfic !

Now, let's get to the serious business ! Here's chapter 16, enjoy ! :D

__________________________

 

 You closed the bathroom door and sighed, thinking of the awkward moment you've just shared with Kai. Why were you always involved in weird situations like this ? Especially with him ? Couldn't you just share normal moments like two normal people ? Ah, life was really strange sometimes. You prayed he would be too drunk to remember anything, so wouldn't have to deal with stupid and gross jokes.

Since you did what you had to do in the bathroom, you decided to join Mina and Vicky downstairs.

Once again, you struggled to cross the river of people blocking the way, which was far from being an easy task. Seriously, where did all this people come from ? You never saw any of them and the only one you knew were people you met once in a while in school's hallways or cafeteria. Might as well say that you didn't know anybody... When Mina talked about her birthday party, you were expecting something intimate and private. Not this huge party ! But since Vicky helped her, you weren't really surprised to see so many people invited.

Once you survived to the wild teenagers and get in the living-room, your search reached a new level : you had to find them in the crowd now. You sighed, already tired. Because of the smoke and the really weak lightning, you could barely see anything. You had to tip-toe to manage to see something.Unfortunately for you, the guests were dancing in pack and moving was hard. Your feet were hurting because of the heels you were wearing. You weren't used to wear this kind of shoes but tonight was a special occasion. Someone pushed you while he was dancing, almost making you fall.

As special as tonight was, it was also slowly geeting on your nerves.

 

«  Hey ! » You angrily yelled, trying to balance yourself.

 

But nobody heard you because of the loud music. You couldn't even hear yourself.

So now besides being blind, your were getting deaf and mute. Fantastic !

The speakers were vomoting a repetitive electro dance song. It wasn't a song, it wasnoise pollution! ! The furious beat was hammering against your chest and your skull, giving you a headache. Whoever was the boy Mina asked to be the DJ, he had questionable music taste. The cheap music track was exploding in the whole house, but unlike you, everyone seemed to be totally fine with it. People kept on dancing, huddled together. You had to avoid flying arms and wild dance moves to survive among them.

You walked with difficulties through the mass of people, desesperatly trying to find Vicky's shining hair or Mina's blue dress. The smoke was stinging your eyes and was giving you difficulties to breath. You coughed several times, trying to catch your breath and fighting against the crowd, hoping you would find them soon because you couldn't bear this atmosphere any longer. It was too hot here and the sweat's smell wasn't making things better.You needed some fresh air.

While you were painfully trying to move, a girl turned back with her drink in a hand and bumped into you. The impact caused the cold liquid to escape from her glass and spill all over your dress.

You both looked at your clothes, shocked.

 

« Omo ! » She exclaimed, her scream hidden by the loud music, her hand covering .

 

Your eyes travelled down along with the juice which was rushing down your clothes. The fabric was turning from bright red to dirty and suspicious brown.

 

«  Oh no...! Please, everything but that ! » You cried, trying to save your dress by rubbing the fabric.

 

But you couldn't save it. The liquid was already seeping, staining the dress. You could tell it was completely ruined from the not very reassuring color of the fabric. To say this used to be one of your favorite dress...

The girl bited her glossy lips and frowned. She tucked her black hair behind her ear and looked worried.

 

«  Sorry ! » She apologized, wincing.

 

You looked at her and then back at your dress. Yeah, she better be sorry ! Even if you couldn't really see something because of the lightning, you still could admire the stain widening right on your tummy. It was wet, sticky and a complete disaster.

You had difficulties to think because of pound in your head, the crowd and the smoke. And that damn loud music wasn't helping either !

 

«  It's ok. » You finally sighed, shrugging and giving up on the stain.

 

The girl gave you a tiny smile before disappearing in the crowd.

You closed your eyes, trying to hold your frustration.

 

«  Keep calm.... It's Mina's birthday. » You whispered to yourself. « No need to be angry. »

 

You opened your eyes. There were no sign of your friends here. You had enough and decided to look for them in the garden. Maybe you would be luckier.

You crossed the packed guests and managed to reach the door after what seemed like an eternity. As soon as you opened it, you felt the cold night's air on your face, cooling your emotion.

You felt relieved to be able to breath again and to move freely. One more minute in the living-room and you would die.

Relieved to see less people outside, you kept on looking for your two friends. You didn't struggle this much to give up now. In a blink of an eye you found Mina and Vicky. They were standing next to a table, serving punch and casually chatting. When you finally recognized them, a smile appeared on your face.You felt like a soldier coming back from hell. You happily walked towards them, forgetting about your little accident.

 

«  Hey ! » You cheerfully said, taking a plastic glass. « I finally found you ! »

 

You realised how thirsty you were. Your throat was dry and you were dying for drinking something cold and refreshing.

Mina greeted you with a big smile.

 

«  Where have you be- OH MY GOD ! Your dress ! » She exclaimed, horrified.

 

Vicky almost dropped punch on the table at Mina's scream.

Mina put down her glass to analyse the stain from closer.

 

«  What happened ? » She asked, joining her eyebrows, brushing the sticky fabric..

«  I bumped into someone. » You explained, with a carefree gesture of the hand. « It's nothing, don't worry. It's just a dress... »

 

Actually, it wasn't just a dress. It was your dress. The dress you loved so much. The dress in wich you managed to look « tolerable ».

You were pretty mad at the poor girl who dropped her glass on you. You really liked this dress... And know, it was wasted and you looked like a suspicious and shady girl.

 

«  Oh, too bad ! » Mina replied, pinching her lips. « It was a pretty dress. »

 

You held your empty glass to Vicky, hoping punch would make you forget about this regretful accident for the rest of the night. She took it while you leaned against the brick wall, massaging your forehead. The headache wasn't disappearing, the infernal banging wasn't stopping. Alcohol and heavy noise wasn't a good pairing. Even though you only had one drink, you still felt its effects on you. You weren't used to drink alcohol, and you couldn't bear it. Even the smallest dose were giving you awful headache.

 

«  I heard you were stuck in the bathroom with Kai. » Vicky woke you up from your thoughts with a grin, slowly filling up your glass.

 

Your hand stopped moving, your smiled vanished. You raised your head and your eyes met.

Why was she talking about Kai ?

 

«  What ? » You blinked.

«  According to the rumour, you and Kai spent a moment together in the bathroom. » She repeated, her glare stucked on the glass, keeping her not-so-friendly smile « Alone, of course. »

« How do you know ? » You asked, confused.

 

Vicky didn't answer.

You didn't like how suspicious that sounded and you didn't like to have people talking about you behind your back.

 

«  He forgot to lock the door. » You simply explained, your hand going back to your forhead.

 

That damn headache...

Vicky her teeth.

 

«  People say you stayed there several minutes. » She added, looking at you with an insistant glare which was saying a lot. « If you know what I mean. »

 

No, you didn't know what she meant. If was she meant was  « that », then she was seriously mistaken.

 

«  What is this supposed to mean ? » You asked with crossed arms, standing on your two feet, not appreciating the innuendo here.

 

She was still thinking you two were secretly dating, wasn't she ? You rolled your eyes, already upset to talk about this bull again. Thoses stupid assumptions were endless.

Vicky let out a dry laugh. She dropped the spoon in the bowl and put her hand on her waist, holding your glass in the other.

 

«  I don't know. Maybe you could tell me. »

 

From the tone of her voice, you could hear she wasn't joking or teasing you. For an unknown reason, she was angry. You frowned and looked at Mina who quietly shrugged.

You sighed. After all you had to go through to join them, you had now to deal with her anger. You should have stay in the bathroom instead of coming.

 

«  I just told you. He forgot to lock the door ! And yes, we've been there several minutes because he was almost dying in the tub so I had to ask him to die somewhere else because I wanted to pee, ok ? » You replied. «  So stop assuming stupid things so easily. »

 

You leaned back on the wall, your head hurting more and more. The last sentence was a bit hard but it was the truth.

 

« Stupid things ? » She repeated, lifting an eyebrow.

 

You closed your eyes, trying to keep calm. Why were things turning in that way ? You didn't want to fight. Not tonight, not for that.

 

«  That's not what I meant Vick'. » You apologized, sighing heavily.

 

She made a step towards you.

 

« Maybe if you had told me the truth from the start, I wouldn't have to assume things by myself. » She retorted.

«  What truth ? » You cut her off, slowly loosing your temper. « I just told you what happened ! »

«  Then why people are say- »

«  Screw what people say ! Nothing happened ! What is so complicated to understand ? »

 

You realised you were sounding more aggressive than you wanted to be. The situation was getting heated. But you were seriously tired of this. Of Kai, of her stupid assumptions, of what a bunch of strangers said about you, of your wasted dress, of that damn music and of your hammering headache.

 

« Why can't you just admit you are dating him ? » She coldly asked.

«  Because we don't ! » You replied, trying to hold your tone.

«  I thought we were friends... » She shook her head.

 

You felt like you were back to middle school, when girls were quarreling about boys and little secrets. Why was she getting in this state ? And why did she insit to much ? You didn't own her anything !

Even if you weren't dating anyone, you didn't like how intrusive she was. This was your private life and you had absolutely no obligation to tell her.

But friendship wasn't working like that with Vicky. It was all-or-nothing.

 

«  We are, Vicky ! » You protested.

 

People were starting to look at you two, noticing your row. But you didn't give a damn. Let them watch if they wanted to. You were too tired and confused to care.

 

«  So, why am I the last one to know about Kai, then ? » She asked. « Why does everyone know except me ? »

«  How many times will I have to tell you that I do not date him ? » You retorted, your patient seriously bordering its limit.

« Even Baekhyun knew before me ! »

«  And ? What does Baekhyun have to do with this ? » You asked, clenching your fist.

« He knew before me ! » She angrily replied. « He knew before me, ok ? Even though he barely knows you ! »

«  I told you he got it all wrong ! He just mist- »

«  You don't trust me. » She declared, crossing her arms.

 

So that was it, the reason why she was so angry.

She wasn't mad at you for dating Kai or another guy.

But, she was mad at you for being the last one to know. She was mad at you for not confessing to her something you never felt or never done. She was mad at you for not lying to her and tell her what she wanted to hear. And now that you were having « public moment » with Kai, she was humiliated to ignored everything about your relationship. As a friend, she felt betrayed because it looked like you didn't trust her enough to tell her.

You ran a hand in your hair and closed your eyes, your head still burning.

 

«  Vicky » You whispered, exhausted. « I trust you, I really do. But you have to believe me ! If I didn't tell you anything, it's because there was nothing to say ! For the hundrenth time, I'm not dating Kai.  »

 

Vicky shook her head.

 

«  Don't lie to me. »

«  I'm not lying to you for God's sake ! » You cried. « I am freakin not ! »

 

You hitted the table with your hand, splitting punch over the napkin.

It felt like it was an endless fight. Make one step forwards, retreat two.

 

« Go and ask Kai, then ! » You agrily suggested. « He's here ! And, oh, before I forget, what the hell is he doing here ? Didn't I say there were no need to invit him ? »

 

You looked at both of your friends. Mina winced and mumured a « Sorry », whereas Vicky ignored your question.

 

«  I don't want to hear it from him, I want to hear it from you. » She refused.

 

This situation was absurd. And as much as you loved her, Vicky was seriously getting on your nerves. What was the point of fighting ? Whatever you were saying, she wasn't believing you ! And no matter how honest your were. That girl was so stubborn and it was driving you crazy.

 

« We are not dating ! When will you understand that ? » You cried. « We freakin don't ! Get over it ! »

 

Vicky was about to say something but you didn't give her the time to.

 

« You spoke about trust ? Give me just one reason to hide you this, Vicky. Just one in reason.» You asked.

 

This was ridiculous. Of course you would tell her if something like that happened. You knew Vicky for years ! You trusted her more than anyone.

 

«  I don't know. » She admitted. « It's just... Ugh ! Everybody talks about it and I'm the only one who doesn't know. And since we're friends... »

 

You facepalmed.

 

«  If everybody says I'm a rocket scientist, does it make me a rocket scientist ? » You retorted. «  No, of course not ! It's the same here. Rumours are only rumours ! »

 

You example was quite stupid but it worked. Vicky loosened up. You were right.

You could feel she was doubting now. The heaviness in your heart lifted up, you could see the end of the fight coming soon. Maybe you two had drank too much punch for the night. Maybe it was intoxicating both of you, creating strange and pointless reasons to fight.

 

« And, come on, you know he's not the one I like ! » You added, like it was an obvious fact.

 

Wait what ?

As soon as thoses words left your mouth, you realised your mistake. Alcohol made you speak way too much and way too quickly.

Vicky looked confused, anger being replaced by curiousity.

 

«  What did you just say ? » She asked, frowning.

 

It hitted you. She didn't anything about your feelings for Baekhyun !

You bited your lips, badly wanting to erase your last sentence.

How were you supposed to correct your mistake now ? Your sudden embarassement confirmed you were hidding something and the redness of your cheeks made your case worst. You could feel panic growing in you.

 

«  I...No... I-I mean... »

«  What did you mean ? » She cut you off, not in the mood for confused answers.

 

Lying wasn't an option this time. So here you were in front of a major dilemma.

You heart was hammering against your chest. The headache was becoming stronger and stronger, making you mind a fuss.

Vicky was still there waiting for your answer.

You bited your lips.

People were discretly watching you, also waiting for your answer. A small silence built between you two. Only the unclear sound of the music was echoing.

 

«  I-I can't tell you. » You gave up, poorly shrugging.

 

You looked down at your shoes, feeling sorry to not be able to reply.

Tell her and you would save Vicky's frienship, don't and you would loose it. The equation was pretty easy and simple, the choice was easy to take. But why couldn't you do what your reason was screaming you to do ?

 

« Of course.... » Vicky whispered, looking away with a sad smile. « We've been friends for years, but you can't tell me. »

 

Disappointement built up her eyes. How dare you, in a moment like this...? She pinched her lips, not enjoying to be ousted once again. Something broke between you two right at this moment. You could feel it.

As far as you could remember, Vicky had always been like this. Excessive and somewhat selfish. When other people would politely understand and leave you alone, Vicky who harass you until she knows. This trait of her personality was her biggest fault. Until now, it had never been troublesome.But there's a first time for everything, isn't it ?

You both remained quiet for a moment, not knowing what to do or what to say. It was like everything had stopped, starting with your frienship.

Vicky looked at her hand and suddenly realised she was still holding your glass. Instead of talking, she started to stir the punch while you held your breath. For one second, you seriously thought she would throw it at you. She was as excessive as unpredictable. But she just kept on silently playing with the plastic glass with empty eyes. You shyly raised your hand towards her but let it fall and sighed.

 

«  Vicky... » You hesitated.

 

She ignored you and raised it up in the air, tipping it up. The liquid dangereously missed the edge before crashing on the grass. Vicky silently emptied the cup on the ground. Keeping secrets from her was the worst things you could do and her silence was your punishment. She was moving away from you.

 

« Vicky... You have to understand ! I wish I could tell yo- »

«  Then tell me ! » She calmly replied, throwing the plastic cup on the floor. « It's as simple as that ! »

 

Tears started to form, and just like the liquid before, they were tipping the edge of your eyes. Threatening to fall. You felt tired, so damn tired. Weren't you supposed to have a nice night tonight ? Why was it turning into a nightmare then ? Your head was hurting so much, you weren't in the state to argue.

 

«  Don't force me to do this Vicky. » You begged. « Not now, not like that. »

 

You weren't ready for this kind of confession. Feelings were personal, and you didn't want to share your them in thoses conditions. Vicky was your friends, wasn't she supposed to understand ?

She rolled her eyes. Tragedy wasn't working on her.

 

«  It's just... I'm not supposed to like him. » You explained, holding the tears from your wet eyes, hoping it would satisfy her curiosity for the moment.

 

Bittersweet memories you cherished so much crossed your mind, pain overwhelming your heart.

You looked at Mina who was in retreat since the beginning of the fight. She looked lost, being in an uncomfortable situation. You remembered how Baekhyu's eyes lighted up when he was talking about her. How he was smiling eveytime he was saying her name.

 

«  Who are you talk- » Vicky replied, waking you up from your thoughts.

«  What is happening ? » A sweet voice you liked too much popped up. « Is everything ok ? »

 

Everyone turned around except you. You didn't have to move to recognize to whom this charming voice was belonging to. You just had to noticed how your heart was racing to guess who just popped up.

 

«  Baekhyun ? » Mina called, emerging from her silence.

 

He joined her and hugged her from behind, stabbing your heart by the same occasion.You bited your lips as the first tears crashed on your cheek. You were drowning in a mix of feelings. This was your worst night ever.

Vicky frowned, looking at Baekhyun and then back at you.

She knew she had the clue just under her eyes.

It was there.

Just there...

If she looked carefully enough, she could find it.

She narrowed her eyes when suddenly...

 

«  Omo ! It's Baekhyun ! It's him, isn't it ? » She exclaimed, with her eyes wide opened.

 

She pointed a finger at you, her expression being a mix of surprise and shock.

You kept on looking at your shoes, at your heels. Your pretty heels... You remembered how you wanted to look pretty tonight, how you wanted to be loveable for one night. But you have to suffer to be beautiful, and the pain was the price to pay. You smiled at the thought, tears still slowly watering your face. What was the point of being pretty tonight ?

Vicky realised she had always suspected it and, somehow, always knew it. She just had been too blind to pay attention. She could remember now how you always looked frustrated when Mina was talking about Baekhyun, how you became pale when she announced she had a crush on him, how you tried to act like not....

 

« It's him, isn't it ? » Mina asked this time with a broken voice.

 

She needed to be sure. She needed to hear it from you.

You sighed, feeling everyone's glare on you. You slowly wiped your tears, sobbing.

Even if Mina was quietly waiting for your answer, you knew she was dying to know. She was the main reason why you wanted to hide it after all.

You heart tightened and you had difficulties to breath. If only you had never left the bathroom.

 

«  I should go. » You simply said.

 

You couldn't bear anything more. Enough drama for the night. You were washed out after all that happened.

You stood on your two feet and slowly straightened your damaged dress. You looked so pathetic... Feeling observed was making the situtation worst. You could hear some people gossiping about what just happened, judging you by the same occasion.

 

« I don't get it. Aren't Baekhyun and Mina almost dating ? » Someone asked.

« I think so. » Someone else replied. « She's such a bad friend ! With all the guys available, why did she fall for him ? »

 

You closed your eyes. You just met thoses people and yet, their were acting like they knew everything about you. Typical.

You walked towards the host of the party and weakly opened your arms to hug her.

 

«  Happy Birthday Mina. » You whispered in her ear, squeezing her against you. « I'm sorry... For ruining the party, for making such a scene, for being a bad friend, for...for everything. »

 

You weren't the only one to blame but Mina understood. She put her hand on your back and nodded.

Slowly, you freed her from your grip. You wiped your cheek and sighed. Mina looked for your eyes but you avoided her glare. Turning away, you walked away, head-hanging.

It was now time to go home and avoid another drama.

__________________________