Chapter 12

Seducing Nerdy Chanyeol !

__________________________

 

This had been such a long day and you couldn't be happier to finally be back home. You were on weekend now which meant you could rest a bit. As soon as you came from school, you lazily lay down on your sofa, the T.V and started to eat some ice-cream.

Memories and guilt from having said bad things about derpy Chanyeol slowly faded away. Sure, it was bad from you to say such things. But you were tired of thinking about it. You weren't the first one to say he was weird, and you wouldn't be the last. So, instead of being guilty, you decided to let it go.

While on the subject, Chanyeol acted really strangely today. You didn't know why he was so unruly. He fidgeted a lot, complained about small things and looked somehow frustrated or in pain. You didn't really pay attention to it, maybe he having « boy period » or something like that. He was so weird that you wouldn't even be surprised.

Flicking through the channels, you were looking for a good movie or a funny T.V show to watch, when your cell phone started to ring. You threw your hand on it and lazily grabbed it. Someone got a new text.

 

                                1 new message !

                                Hello ! How are you ?

 

You frowned. This was coming from an unknown number.

 

                                Who is it ?

 

You threw your phone next to you, focusing back on the T.V screen and enjoying your ice-cream. Your cell phone ringed again.

 

                                1 new message !

                                Oh sorry ! It's Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun ?

You blinked several times, almost dropping your ice-cream. B-B-Baekhyun ?!

You had to reread the message a lot of times to make sure you were correctly understanding it and that your mind wasn't tricking you.

But no, it really was a text from him.

Your hands started to shake as soon as you realised who was texting you. A flow of questions started to rush in your head. How did he get your number ? Why was he texting you ? Did he really want to text you ? Or did he just type the wrong number ? Your mind was such a battlefield that you almost didn't hear the new incoming text.

 

                                1 new message !

                                I wanted to ask you, are you free tomorrow ?

 

Your heart skipped at bit. Free ? Free for what ?

You quickly thought about it. Tomorrow was Saturday and you had nothing planned. But this was suspicious. Why was he texting you ? Seriously, why ? You weren't friends and you barely talked together. Sure, you had a « moment » at the café but... It didn't mean anything to him, right ?

He must have typed the wrong number, that was the only explanation to this situation.

 

                                Sorry but I think you are texting the wrong person. I'm Mina's friend. You know, the girl who « likes » Kai.

 

You weren't even sure he remembered you or your name. So texting you and asking you if you were free tomorrow ? Pff ! That would be totally crazy.

 

                                1 new message !

                                Hehe ! I know ! So tell me, are you free ?

 

You eyes widened. He knew ? It wasn't a mistake ? And he still wanted to know what was your plans for tomorrow ? Wow !

Now that things were clear, you had to take a moment to breath and pinch yourself to be sure you were not dreaming or imagining it.

What were you supposed to reply ?

 

«  Oh my God, what should I do ? » You exclaimed, panicked.

 

Should you say yes ? Or should you say no ? Saying yes would suggest that you had nothing to do, which was the case, and you were boring. Say no and it would made him think you are busy which is cool, but you also didn't care about him. But you cared about him. A lot. A lot lot.

You were thinking way too much !You nervously played with your fingers, pinching your lips, not knowing what to do. You finally came to the lamest answer :

                                

                                I don't know.

 

You facepalmed. What was that reply ? From all the things you could have said, you had to say that.

You were already regretting your text when a new message came in.

 

                                1 new message !

                                Oh really ? I thought we could meet...

 

«  Wait.. what ? »

 

Your jaw dropped and you seriously thought your eyes were going to pop out of their holes. Your heart was beating so fast, it was going to explode at any moment.

You rubbed your eyes really hard. Did he seriously suggest you to meet ? Why ? What ? Like a date ?

No ! You quickly chased away this idea, even if you enjoyed it. The idea of going to a date with Baekhyun was giving you butterflies, but you knew he wasn't to asking you this. Not yet.

Your mind was such a mess at this moment. It must had been a joke. How could he seriously ask you to meet him ? Wasn't he attracted to Mina ?

...Mina. Her cute face crossed your mind, immediately cooling your emotions. Your throat tightened. You almost forget about her. What were you supposed to do now ? Your phone screen was still showing Baekhyun's message and you started to feel guilty. You did nothing wrong, you just replied to him. But you knew how much she liked him and you felt bad.

And Baekhyun was waiting for your answer.

Your reason was screaming « Don't even think about it ! » when your heart was shouting « Meet him, stupid ! ». The two were fighting in your head.

You bit your lips. This was the opportunity you were waiting for so long and you actually wanted to meet him ! But your damn conscience was ruining everything. You knew you would regret to say « no ». But Mina was your friend...

 

 

Oh screw common sense ! He wasn't suggesting a date, so you could meet him, right ? You had enough of caring so much about everyone's feelings. Did your friends care about you the night they dragged you in that café ? No, definitely not !

You knew this wasn't a valid reason to betray Mina, but you couldn't miss this chance. He may asked you this once, not twice. So you weren't going to burn this opportunity !

 

                                It's fine ! I have nothing planned. When and where do you meet ?

 

                                1 new message !

                                Oh awesome ! Let's meet at...

 

 

You were waiting at the place Baekhyun suggested you yesterday. Your heart was racing too fast because the nervousness, it was like a heart-attack.

You still ignored why he wanted to see you, but being on a little cloud, you decided to let this question pend. The answer would come sooner or later, so there was no need to overthink about it now. The same goes to Mina.

Today was a nice day. The sky was blue, the air was warm. You decided to wear the nice dress you bought the other day with Vicky and Mina and put some make up. You knew it wasn't a date, but you still wanted to look pretty. Who knew ? It was the first time you were going to meet him alone. Things could happen...

You blushed at the thought and quickly put yourself together.

After a moment, Baekhyun finally arrived. As soon as your eyes met, he waved at you and gave you a bright smile.

«  Don't look at me like that ! » You whispered, waving back at him.

You could feel your heart melt. This was surreal.

 

«  Wow ! You're very pretty today ! » Baekhyun exclaimed, once he reached your level.

 

You violently blushed and looked away.

 

«  Thank you ! » You replied, trying to control your emotions.

 

Baekhyun laughed. He didn't regret his choice, meeting you was a good idea.

 

« Let's go ! » He cheered.

 

 

Chanyeol, Sehun and D.O were hanging out in Seoul's downtown. They were looking for the bubble tea Sehun was begging for. That poor kid was nothing without his bubble tea.

 

«  I'm not going to pay this time Sehun. » D.O warned the maknae.

 

Sehun rolled his eyes.

 

«  Yah ! I get it ! No need to repeat it so many times ! » He retorted, cleaning his ear with his little finger.

 

Chanyeol laughed. It was every times the same scenario.

 

«  Hey, Yeollie ! Thank you for coming home earlier yesterday. » D.O exclaimed with a big smile, hiting his friend shoulder.

«  No problem ! » Chanyeol replied.

 

Yesterday, he asked you if it was ok if he left earlier. He actually didn't really had the choice. His state was not allowing him to stay any longer next to you. And his friends were waiting for him.

Killed two birds with one stone.

Chanyeol was glad D.O wasn't mad at him anymore, he didn't like when people were upset. Happiness was his motto.

They finally reached the store and Sehun started to act like a small kid.

 

«  I don't know which one to take ! » He cried, leaning his head on the store's window.

«  You always take the same flavour Sehun ! No matter how long you think about it ! » Chanyeol laughed.

 

Sehun sighed. Why was it so hard to choose ?

 

«  Let's go in ! » Sehun suggested.

 

D.O followed him, but Chanyeol didn't. Sehun turned back.

 

«  You don't come, Yeollie ? »

 

Chanyeol shook his head. Today was a nice day. The sky was blue, the air was warm. He wanted to enjoy the nice weather a little more.

 

«  I'm waiting here. Take me some bubble tea too, please. »

 

Sehun nodded and entered the store, leaving Chanyeol alone.

The sun was gently heating his face, it was a really nice feeling. He leaned against the store's window, and took off his cap. He closed his eyes, enjoying the hot weather. It felt so good.

 

Sehun and D.O quickly came back with three bubble teas.

 

«  Guess what ? Sehun ordered the same flavour as he usually do. » D.O said, holding a cup to Chanyeol who was putting his cap back on.

«  I didn't want to mistaken ! » Sehun defended himself.

 

Chanyeol shook his head, but laughed. This kid...

He grabbed the straw of his bubble tea and started to drink it. It was freaking delicious ! Observing the crowd, he suddenly recognized someone. He wasn't sure because of the crowd. It was a girl who really looked like...

 

«  Hey ! Look ! It's... » Chanyeol exclaimed with a big smile, but the end of the sentence got stuck in his throat.

 

You weren't alone. You were with someone. With a boy.

His smile faded away. Was he the boy you talked about ?

__________________________