1/1

Call Me Maybe

Here is the song if you want to listen to it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWNaR-rxAic

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I threw a wish in the well,
Don't ask me, I'll never tell


I had prayed that someway, somehow, I could get Yongguk out of my head. And my prayers were being answered. This strange boy who helped me stand up. I had no idea who he was, but it felt right. He seemed warm, something Yongguk wasn't. I needed this. I couldn't pass up this opportunity, not when it was put right in front of me. I had to do something to get his attention, and work my way into his life and bring him into mine. As I walked back in front of him and slid a slip of paper with my number written on it, I smiled at him. I smiled.



I'd trade my soul for a wish,
Pennies and dimes for a kiss



I didn't want to move so fast, but I couldn't help but drag my eyes to his lips. They were so lush, and ready for kissing. But I had to remind myself that I wasn't with Yongguk anymore. In the real world, things have to go slower. I brought my eyes back up to his eyes and saw a twinkle in them as he held his hand out and told me his name was Daehyun. I thanked him for helping me up and told him to call me, because I would like to take him out to properly thank him for helping me with something he couldn't possibly know. I hoped he called me.



Your stare was holdin',
Ripped jeans, skin was showin'
Hot night, wind was blowin'



Two weeks later, my phone rang, and it was a strange number. I answered it warily, and was pleasantly surprised that it was Daehyun. We agreed to go to a movie theater later to watch a film together. I made my way to the theater and I stood outside to wait. When I saw him, he was pure perfection. In the warm night air, his hair slightly fluttered in the wind as he caught my eye and held it the entire walk towards me. He was wearing ripped jeans, and his thighs were showing, and I couldn't help myself from thinking things I really shouldn't have about a stranger.



It's hard to look right,
At you baby
,



It was so hard for me to look into Daehyun's eyes without feeling the blood rush to my face as I blushed. He was so handsome, and this was the first time I had actually felt butterflies in my stomach. With Yongguk, it had never been that way. But with Daehyun, it seems everything is going to be different. Everything is a new experience to me. We entered the theater and decided to watch a comedy film, to keep a light and happy atmosphere between us. After the film, we took a walk outside in a nearby park, before slowing walking back to my car.



Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my number,
So call me, maybe?



As I was in my car, ready to drive off, Daehyun knocked on my window. He slipped me a piece of paper, much in the same fashion that I had done to him, and he smiled his dazzling smile before walking away. I couldn't help the stupid grin I had on my face as I looked down at the paper in my hand and saw number scrawled across it. I especially loved the note he wrote, to "call him...maybe." Oh, it wouldn't be a "maybe"; I was definitely going to call him. It seemed like things were finally starting to go well. I called him later and we made plans to go to a club the next weekend.



And all the other boys,
Try to chase me,



I made sure to look my best that Saturday night as I strolled into the club. I saw Daehyun in a corner of the club, and I had to weave and dodge my way across the dance floor just to get to him. As I was just about to step off the dance floor to go sit with him, an arm wrapped its way around my waist and pulled me back on the floor. I turned around and saw the one person I didn't want to see. Yongguk. My face grew hard as I saw his glare. I pushed him away as hard as I could before scurrying over to Daehyun and cuddling next to him. I saw Daehyun's eyes wander from my hand's position on his chest, to Yongguk, and he squeezed my shoulder.



I took no time with the fall



That action alone made me feel safer. I saw Daehyun's harsh stare at Yongguk and was honestly, pretty ing surprised when Yongguk turned away. I didn't want to take any chances though, and Daehyun and I quickly left the club, opting instead to go to his apartment. He let me take a shower to calm myself, and we sat on his couch together and watched TV until we both fell asleep. When I woke up and saw him looking down at me, I felt my face blush once more and I sat up quickly, coughing as if that would somehow explain the color of my face. Daehyun just laughed and went to the kitchen to make breakfast. He was so perfect.



I beg, and borrow and steal
Have foresight and it's real
I didn't know I would feel it,
But it's in my way



I had no idea when exactly I had fallen for Daehyun, but I knew he had fallen for me too, he made that clear when he kissed me over our plates of breakfast. He pushed our foreheads together and told me he would protect me from Yongguk. And honestly, I stopped breathing. No one had ever told me they would protect me and actually mean it. We ate in a pleasant silence before I helped him wash the plates. Daehyun said he had to go to work, so he left me to fuddle about his apartment. I wandered throughout the living room, stopping on a group of pictures I saw. Daehyun looked so happy in them. I felt myself smiling as I gazed upon them. My smile fell however, when my eyes landed on a picture of Daehyun kissing another man. There was a date on the picture as well. It was just last month. I felt my heart break a little, but I had to stop myself.


Before you came into my life
I missed you so bad
And you should know that

So call me, maybe?



I quickly gathered my things and left that note for Daehyun to see when he came back. I just needed to breathe. I knew I wasn't Daehyun's first, he certainly wasn't mine, but it still hurt, that that picture was so recent, when I had been struggling to get away from Yongguk for months. It felt like it wasn't fair, one bit. I felt the tears prick in my eyes, but I blinked them away. I knew that when Daehyun saw that note, he would call me if he truly felt something for me. That was the kind of person he had proved himself to be. He didn't lie to me, and he answered anything I asked him. This should be no different. I sat around in my house, knees pulled up to my chest as I waited. When night fell, my phone rang, and I jumped out of my seat to see who it was. I felt a smile grow on my face when I saw it was Daehyun. I immediately answered, and before I could even ask who the person in the picture was, Daehyun spilled everything. He told me all about his own heartbreak, and it made me feel like he needed me so much, so I asked where he was, and as I opened my front door to go to his house, I saw him standing in the rain outside my door. I pulled him in for a hug, and as we kissed, all the pain and emotions of our past romances welled to the surface. When we pulled away, we were smiling at each other and just clinging to each other.

 

-----------------------

A/N:

Himchan finally gets someone to love~

I thought this was so fluffy I could die.

Idk lol. But, I've actually been planning to write an 'after the breakup' from Yongguk's perspective, so you can look for that (them?) soon.

I hope this came off as disjointed and jumpy and butterflis-in-my-stomach to you as it did to me.