Chapter 9

The Secret

Minho…

Ding… Dong… Ding… Dong…

It was lunch time. The girls and I were having lunch at the table that we usually nibble. Excluding the guys, they were having some match game down the field.

As for Minho, no one knew where he went after the incident.

‘Oh my god! Hara!’ Min squealed.

‘I can’t believe it! You’re awesome! Two guys in a role?!! Nice shot!!’ Min gestured with happiness as though her soccer team had just strike a goal.

‘Tell me about it! I wanna know everything!’ Min laid her puppy face closer to Hara.

Unfortunately, Hara ignored her completely.

‘Come on Hara. Don’t keep it all to yourself. Tell your best friends about how you hook that rich childhood friend of yours!!’ Min didn’t stop nagging.

Seohyun shrugged Min to prevent her from exasperating Hara. However, Min was too stubborn.

‘Omo! Did u guys…’ Still having fun with her imagination. She quickly covered .

‘Min!’ Seohyun stopped her again. She knew Hara is starting to get infuriated.

In fact, Hara wasn’t the only one. Hearing all those nonsense from Min who worsens the situation would just drive anyone mad. I, who was previously playing with my food, have stopped my action instantly.

 ‘Omo! You are not answering?! So you guys really did have s*x?!!’ Min accidently spilled those sicken words out. Or did she deliberately?

‘Min!’ Seohyun held her back.

‘Shut up!’ I shouted. Everyone who was sitting close to the table immediately turned to my direction. I wanted to defend Hara but my inner feelings were so much stronger. I didn’t know what was I thinking of. I stood up, caused the chair to screech against the floor.

‘This is just outraging! Hara! No doubt you are beautiful and all. But how could you act such deceitful behavior? I can endure you being selfish and the habit of you changing BFs all the time. But, I really can’t stand you being unfaithful to your present boyfriend who treats you with all his heart.’ Hara didn’t look at me when I was talking.

‘Minho loves you! Isn’t that enough for you? This is just beyond measure!’

I wasn’t conscious of my behavior. I was so confused.

‘I’m done.’ I walked off leaving my unfinished lunch on the table before anyone could voice out.

When I was half way out from the cafeteria,

‘Hey, Nicole.’ Seohyun came after me.

I looked back, trying to hold on to my emotions.

‘Sometimes, you shouldn’t prejudge things before you observe into them. What you’ve just seen this morning may not be the truth. You should have calmed down and let Hara explain.’

Seohyun was always the reasonable one with mature thoughts. Now, her words have put me into shame.

‘Hara chose you as her friend because she trusted you. You shouldn’t have yelled at her in front of the publicity. Is this how a friend should be? Think a bit.’ After her words, she walked back to the cafeteria.

I then realize I was at fault and felt really sorry for what I did.

However, what has done had done.

Before I could move on the next step, my cell vibrated in my coat pocket.

BZzzzz…bZzzz…

I flipped it open. It was a message from Key.

 ‘Babe, I miss you sooo! Meet me at the front gate after class. Love you.’

I stared on the screen for awhile and finally made up my mind.

 ‘Ok.’

I replied.

Maybe this would be the time to clarify our relationship before anything happens.

I wouldn’t want to hurt Jaejoong’s feelings.

*********************************************************************************

Ding… Dong… Ding… Dong…

Time flies especially when you are not expecting them to go by. It was end of the day already. I was walking alone on the school ground towards the front gate. I wasn’t conscious along the short walk; I was thinking much of what had happen today.

‘Hey! There’s a black Lamborghini in front of the school gate!’ A girl squealed with excitement ran by with her girlfriends. I stopped to avoid from bumping into them.

‘Omo! Chong-mal?! Let’s go see!’ Two of her girlfriends were all excited.

Everyone was gossiping about the smart looking sports car in front of the school. However, it didn’t draw my attention, because I was too strain off. I continued my leisure walk to the front gate.

‘Hey honey!’ Someone tap on my shoulder from the back. I was certain it was Key.

I turned my head to the side and there he was.

‘Hey~’ I acknowledge him with a low voice. He was with his smiling, stress-free face, as usual.

Does he even know what had happen to his friend this morning? Is he not concern at all?

‘Hey babe. What’s with the long face?’ I can’t believe he can still ask me.

 But anyhow, our relation must be settled today once and for all.

‘Key, we need to talk.’ I stopped and said.

‘Honey. You know we can talk anytime. Let’s don’t waste time and head to the movies. There’s a movie I am craving to watch, which is showing in 30 minutes time.’ Key took a look at his watch and grabbed my hand.

‘Key. I don’t think this is the right time to go for a movie. We really need to talk.’ I was being impatient with his immature attitude. I pulled his hand off.

‘Babe, what’s wrong? You don’t wanna go for a movie? How bout a drink then?’ Key still took it light.

‘Key, I think we should break…’

Before I could express what I had wanted to say for this long, loud piercing sound came interrupted my conversation. Girls were screaming off their lungs and I felt a presence next to me.

‘You’re done?’ I could recognize that voice anywhere.

Out of all place, the person who is ought not to appear in this situation is now standing beside me. This is just too impossible to be true.

‘Jae, I…’ I looked at him.

Though he is on his sunglasses, yet I am quite certain that he is staring at Key. Jaejoong’s face stopped at Key’s direction for a time. Soon, he took off his glasses which expose his grey eyes and a better sight of his face features. This has even caused the girls to go wild.

‘Let’s go.’ Jaejoong held on to my hand.

 ‘Hey! Who are you?! Where are you bringing my girlfriend?! ’ Key wasn’t pleased with Jaejoong’s manner. As Jaejoong was pulling me along, Key was holding on tight to me.

‘Yah! I am talking to you!’ Key yelled at him.

‘Let her go!’

‘Jae…’ He stopped his pace while turning back at me.

‘Jae, I’m sorry. Can you please give us a moment? I need to have a talk with Key.’ I said.

He took a glance at Key and finally released his grip. He gave me a concerned gaze then he walked back into his car.

‘I can see why they are in a group now.’

‘Nicole is just as y as Hara.’

‘Yeah! No doubt!’

This is how frightening teenage school girls can be. I’m pretty sure these rumors will be circulating around the entire school tomorrow.

‘Nicole, who was that guy? I thought you were seeing me after class. Why is he here?’ Key is looking mad and wanting me to explain all these questions instantly.

‘Key, let us take this elsewhere.’

I wish this isn’t happening, but things have just need to occur before it could really end.

*********************************************************************************

I brought Key into the back lane of the school where couple usually does things there. It was dark and quiet. I presumed no one will be there after school.

‘Key, listen to me.’

‘Who is that fxcking guy?! Why didn’t you tell me anything about him before?!’

‘Key…’

‘Or did you just meet him that night when you were out with Hara? Is he the reason you are not seeing me this few days? Nicole!’ Key forced me against the wall. He threw out everything from his mind and dreadfully insists me to answer. Key was beyond heated. He clenched his fist and I see fury in his eyes.

‘Key!! Listen to me!’

My voice was shaking. My eyes weren’t able to hold on to my tears much longer. I was scared and yet I have to tell him. Even if he would break off my arm and strangle me to death. I can’t lie to his feelings him anymore.

‘Key! Let’s not meeting each other anymore! Let’s break up! I don’t love you! I never did love you! I’m really sorry!’ I yelled with my eyes shut. Strains of tears come rolling down my cheeks. I was prepared for the worst that he might do to me.

However, Key didn’t place his hands on me. After a moment, I opened up my eyes. He wasn’t that far away from me. His head was looking downwards.

 ‘Nicole…’ Key lifted up his head. His eyes were teary.

I was shocked of his emotion.

‘Gosh… Why am I being so emotional?’ He chuckled while his heart is hurting him. He wiped his tears off the edge of his eyes.

I was at fault. By a chance, I was even scolding myself why wasn’t I in love with this guy, if I did, things weren’t be like this.

‘I’m sorry.’ I could not think of any other word than to apologize.

‘I knew it all along…’ Key spoke.

What?

‘I knew this day would come. I just couldn’t believe it would be so fast.’

I was confused. What is he trying to say?

‘Nicole, will you date me for one more day before me willing to let go of your hands?’ He grabbed my hands while gliding his fingers into mine.

This is the first time I felt warm from Key.