Chapter 14

The Secret

Nicole POV

Facing the hard times was tough. People just have to endure them to become stronger to live on their life. Even crashing waves in ocean would calm down one day.

The pictures of Hara?  Gossips about it gradually faded away due to Minho’s protection and care less, all those pathetic students had slowly lose interest in bullying Hara. As the case of Seungri, it was still a mystery. Minho, I and the rest of the gang still have no idea who he really is. Seungri would come to pick Hara once in a while. Everytime, Hara would repeat the same speech to Minho, to trust her. While everyone knew Minho still felt jealous over their relationship. Luckily Minho owns an open heart, he believe that one day Hara would come back to his side and reveal the truth someday.

As for me, I’ve been with Jaejoong for quite a time. We are now commited to each other. Still remember the curse in the school, from the time when everyone in school heard about Jaejoong saving me from the girls in the shopping mall’s washroom, no one dared to touch anymore.

This day as usual, we were all having lunch in the cafeteria at our favourite spot, except we are now less with one person, Key.

‘Minho, I’m following Seungri back today, kay?’ Hara asked.

As usual Minho felt uneasy but soon approved Hara’s request.

I still felt sorry for Minho sometimes, when will this end? What’s the truth behind all this?

Someone patted on my shoulder, I turned to the owner’s hand. Seohyun somehow knew what I was thinking.

‘Seohyun ar~ are you going to the library later?

‘Ani, why? I promised Jinwoon to accompany him today.’ Seohyun held on Jinwoon’s hand. They smiled at each other, as sweet as ever.

Min yelled from the opposite of the table.

‘Yah! Lady over there, since when you start going to the library?’ she teased.

‘Jaejoong and I thought of opening a coffee shop when I’m done with my studies. So I thought of doing some research, borrowing some books from the library.’

‘Bwo? So you’re not continuing your college after this?’ Mir asked.

‘I guess?’ I took a sip of my juice.

After school, I went up to the library alone. I informed Jaejoong earlier that I could go home myself so he didn’t have to come pick me up.

It was really quiet in the library, I walked between the bookracks, glancing over the section and finally I reached the business section. I glided my fingers through books to check on their title. A brown thick covered I spotted. I grabbed it out from the shelf.

‘Wow! That’s heavy.’ I thought.

I took a step back.

I accidently step on someone’s feet.

‘Omo!’ and he was knocked down with his stack of books.

‘Chwesonghaeyo~’ I crouched down to helped him up.

‘Chongmal chwesonghaeyo.’ but the nerdy guy shook his head dismissively.

 After picking back all the books, we stood up. He adjusted his big black spectacles. ‘I’m sorry for knocking you down.’ I apologized again, feeling guilty.

‘Nono. I’m the one who is careless.’ He explained.

Soon, I realize his face. He looked somehow familiar.

‘Excuse me.’ He quickly walked away.

After getting all the books I needed, I was heading back home. The rain was pouring.

‘Shoot! I didn't bring my umbrella. Aigoo~’ I sighed. ‘I’ll just have to wait for the rain to stop then.’

I was looking at the gray sky, figuring when the rain will stop. The sound of the rain is getting louder, it seems the rain won’t stop any sooner.

Suddenly an umbrella apperared right in fornt of my eyes.

‘Take it.’ It was the guy from before.

‘What about you?’ I held on to it. In a glance, he ran off with rain showering onto his body. I looked the umbrella he gave, a sticker was attaching onto it.

Lee Donghae?

I chuckled at the childish way of defining the owner’s belonging.

******************************************************************************************************

After having my bath I slammed myself down the bed. Just about time, Jaejoong called.

Jaejoong: Hey sweetie.

Nicole: Hey~ Watcha doin?

Jaejoong: Thinking of you.

Nicole: Cheesy! By the way, I got a few books from the library today. I think it would help out.

Jaejoong: That’s good. Anyways, anything happened in school?

Nicole: Hmm… not.. Oh! There’s one. Some nerdy guy lent me his umbrella today. He looked somehow familiar. I don’t know why.

Jaejoong: Yah! Is he trying to court you?

Nicole: Anni, oppa! Are you jealous?

Jaejoong: Jealous? Who would have time to do so? Hamster!

Nicole: Oppa! Stop caliing me that! It’s ain’t funny!

Jaejoong chuckled the other side of the phone. Therefore we continued our chat until late midnight.

 

******************************************************************************************************

The next day when I was arranging my books in the locker, I heard a commotion by the hallway. I wonder what had happen. I peeked. Some y girls were bullying a innocent poor guy again. Is always like that. Oh? Isn’t that the boy from yesterday! What was his name again? Donghae?

Without more thoughts, I quickly dashed over for help.

‘Yah!!!’

The girl turned to me.

‘Well well well~ Isn’t this Jung Nicole? The girl who has a goody looking boyfriend from outside?’

‘Girls!’

Four of them came closer to me. I examined their faces.

… … Hanger-on… and…. .

‘You better stay out of this. Or boyfriend or not, I will make sure you’ll suffer ten times more than this boy is now.’ She dared me.

‘!’

‘Bwo?!’ She held on to my collar. She was ready to have her hand me.

‘Yah!!! Stop at what you’re doing!’ Min yelled. Hara was walking like a boss to my direction to back me up. I was pushed away.

‘Noh! Who gave you the permission to touch my girlfriend?’ Hara said it with a straight-faced. Seohyun picked me up.

‘Gwenchana?’ I nodded.

‘Goo Hara? The star in Eliot High?’ People all around were looking at the loud drama at the centre of the hallway.

‘You better shut the mouth of yours or I’ll break your arm.’ Hara never like people recalled that horrible incident.

‘I’m scared. Hara is gonna break my arm. Oh please~’ she acted out and her grilfriends laughed along.

‘Not until I break yours!’

Hara wanted to get her hands on her. But before she did, min held onto her.

‘Hara! Hajima!’ I screamed. Suddenly another person yelled.

‘The principle is coming!!!’ from that, everyone quickly ran into their classroom. Everyone were a scary cat to get detention.

‘You’re lucky. See you around!’ she smirked. Hara stared them when they walk off.

Me and Seohyun quickly ran to Hara. ‘Are you okay?’

‘I’m fine. What happen to you Nicole? Why did you get involve, you know I can’t help you forever!’ Hara was indirectly scolding me that I don’t have a boyfriend in school to protect me now.

‘I beg you stop causing so much trouble..’ She scolded but I know her intention was good.

‘I’m sorry I was just trying to help the boy…Donghae!’

I just remember. I quickly ran towards Donghae who was still sitting on the floor. He was leaning against the wall, with his one hand holding on to his other bleeding one.

‘Omo!’ I teared a piece from my skirt to stip his bleeding.

‘Come, let me take you to the infirmary.’