Final

Safe Haven

“I like you Jonguppie hyung…” Junhong’s voice was low but he still managed to capture the attentions of all of his hyungs. “Like how Himchan hyung likes Yongguk hyung. Except not exactly like that because Hyungs have been together since they were in their mom’s tummies so I can’t like you that way. But similar.”

Himchan put his finger over his lip to indicate that Yongguk should keep his mouth shut. He wanted to know what Jongup was going to say. He knew the shorter teenager had been struggling with his feelings. Yongguk nodded and pulled his boyfriend into his chest. He wasn’t sure how he felt about the two teenagers getting into a relationship. They lived together.

“I like you too Junhong-ah.” Jongup whispered, he didn’t sound as sure of himself as Junhong had. Himchan knew that he was still trying to work through his feelings. He felt guilty for liking the younger male. “Like how Yonggukkie hyung likes Channie hyung.”

Junhong laughed a bit and pulled the shorter boy into a hug. Himchan had to bury his face in his boyfriend’s chest so he wouldn’t make any noise. The two boys would tell their hyungs if anything important happen. Himchan was sure of it. Yongguk wasn’t as sure. Teenagers were secretive beings.

Yongguk chuckled slightly at how familiar the situation was though. It had been a huge struggle for him to confess to his childhood friend. Their mothers had been best friends and so the two boys had been having play dates from the moment Himchan was brought home from the hospital. Yongguk had a picture of the two of them sharing a crib in his wallet. Himchan liked to pretend it was embarrassing. He had the same photo in his though. Himchan had been a bit messed up when they had first started going out too. Though it was different than the two teenagers. Himchan’s problems had been personal.

“Will Hyungs be mad at us for this?” Junhong asked, his voice small and scared. He still wasn’t use to people being kind to him. “I don’t want them to be mad at us.”

“I don’t think they’ll be mad at us. As long as we don’t hurt each other.” Jongup responded and Himchan nodded his head. He would let the two of them be together as long as they treated the other well. He wouldn’t let Yongguk stop them either. “I promise I won’t hurt you like everyone else has Junhong-ah.”

“I’ll forgive you even if you do Hyung.” Junhong leaned in and pressed his lips against Jongup’s lips. The older teenager tried to protest against Junhong’s words but the tall male dragged his companion out of the apartment, declaring that he wanted ice cream.

Yongguk pulled Himchan into a seated position, not looking near as happy about what had just happened as his boyfriend. “This is a terrible idea Himchan.” He mumbled, running a hand down the pretty male’s cheek. “Junhong isn’t completely okay in the head.”

“Neither was I when we started dating.” Himchan pushed his boyfriend away. Yongguk knew that he would take this the wrong way. Himchan got a bit emotional sometimes. It was one of the things Yongguk loved about him, but he wouldn’t have minded if Himchan didn’t get upset at him so often. “I was a wreck. Remember?”

Yongguk nodded his head. He didn’t want Himchan to list off all the different ways he was messed up when they had first started dating.  It had been bad enough watching Himchan waste away. He didn’t have to relive it in his mind. “You’re better now.” He mumbled. “That was different though. You were just… You did things to hurt you… And they’re abused…” He ran his hand through his boyfriend’s hair, kissing the pretty male’s nose. “I don’t want to talk about it Himchan.”

Himchan sighed softly and moved so he could rest his head on Yongguk’s shoulder. He knew his boyfriend hated talking about that time of their lives. “It happened Yongguk. It happened and then you fixed me. Maybe Jongup can help Junhong? Just like you helped me?”

The elder male knew that he couldn’t change his boyfriend’s mind so he didn’t bother telling Himchan that it was different a second time. He liked that Himchan had a bright outlook on life. It was a nice change. “We’ll keep an eye on them.”

 

“Guk hyung?” Junhong sat down on the couch next to Yongguk after his movie had finished. Junhong never interrupted someone when they were doing something else. At first Yongguk had just thought it was good manners but after the young male had stood awkwardly by while Yongguk talked to Himchan when he had cut himself while cooking Yongguk realised that it was fear. Junhong was afraid of what his hyungs would do to him if he interrupted them. “I have questions.”

Junhong always had questions. Yongguk almost always had answers. “Ask away kiddo.” Yongguk smiled and Junhong smiled brightly. He always got excited when Yongguk talked to him.

The young male thought for a couple of seconds before crossing his legs and giving all of his attention to his hyung. “You and Himchan hyung do stuffs right?”

Yongguk gaped at the boy. He knew Himchan wanted him to correct the kids’ grammar but that didn’t seem very important when Junhong was asking about his life. “We… yes?”

“How much does Himchan hyung charge you to touch there?” Junhong stared up at Yongguk with bright eyes like he hadn’t just asked an extremely inappropriate – and even more inaccurate – question. The teenager looked like he was legitimately curious and Yongguk couldn’t bring himself to be upset with him.

Yongguk inhaled deeply, trying to figure out the best way to explain this to the boy. He was trying to push the fact that Junhong had essentially called Himchan a e out of his mind. He was sure there was something else going on here. “Channie doesn’t charge me anything, Junhonggie.”

“Is that why he lives with you? Did he get thrown away too?” His eyes got even wider as he checked the room for Himchan. Jongup had told him that they were sort of like a family of misfits so he wondered if Yongguk had saved Himchan just like he had saved him and Jongup. “Did his parents throw him away because he didn’t make money?”

Yongguk stared for nearly a minute before the words sunk in. He didn’t want to jump to conclusions but it had really sounded like Junhong had just admitted to being a e on his parents command. This was way worse than assuming one of his hyungs was one. This was also something Himchan would have been more qualified to deal with. Yongguk was terrible with this sort of thing. “Himchan’s parent’s didn’t throw him away Junhonggie. They’re coming over this weekend, remember? Channie lives with me because we’re in love.”

“But why do you get to touch him there for free?”

“Sometimes couples do… sometimes couples that have been together for a very, very long time do that.” Yongguk mumbled, praying to whatever god would listen that Junhong wouldn’t take that to mean he needed to have with the other teenager. They had only admitted their feelings a week earlier. He was hopeful that Jongup would be able to keep things PG.

Junhong nodded his head, apparently deep in thought before getting off of the couch and running off towards the kitchen. Yongguk sighed and followed him. Something had to be wrong. He was sure he’d said something wrong.

When Yongguk made it to the kitchen Himchan was standing there staring at him. He had apparently done something wrong. “Jongup decided to give Junhong the talk.” He sighed, spreading salt on some cabbage leaves. “I tried but Jongup said he could do it.”

Yongguk sat down on a barstool and watched his boyfriend. He considered himself very lucky that Himchan was such a good cook. They couldn’t always afford the best ingredients but Himchan always did his best with whatever he had. “He asked how much you charged me to touch you.”

“Jongup said he was worried about that.” Himchan put the cabbage down and sighed. He had really hoped it wasn’t that. “He’s brought it up a couple of times but Junhong never did.”

“Do you think he’ll be okay?”

The pretty male shrugged his shoulders slightly. He honestly had no idea. He wished there was a way to know, but there really wasn’t. Only time would tell. “We’ll do our best to help him. I’m glad we took him in.”

“Me too, Channie…” Yongguk stared in the direction of the bedroom. He could only hope that things were going well in there. He knew it would be a long road ahead of them trying to fix Junhong, but he couldn’t imagine his life without the boy any longer. 

____________

Sorry this took forever. Somehow 3 weeks passed and I didn't realise it T^T
NO SEQUEL.