Confession

Confession

 

 

Minho was always Mr. Flaming Charisma. He was always known to be nice and cool. He was usually found squinting his brown eyes to scan everyone. Although he was ‘cool’, he was cautious as well. 
 
All that cool went away when he was around him.
 
He didn’t know why he became a bumbling fool when he was around him. He tripped, stumbled, and stuttered. He was no longer Mr. Flaming Charisma and was Mr. Clumsy. 
 
Even Jinki laughed at him.
 
His dark eyes scanned the bare room. Sounds of thumpy music filled the air, and the tap tap tap of boots. Someone was practicing, and he was forced  to pick that someone up.
 
“You have to go get him, Minho, he’s been there for so long,” their leader had pleaded with him. There was a mischievous glint in his eyes, like he knew the maknae had such an effect on Minho. Other than that he was genuinely worried. 
 
“Why can’t Kibum hyung?” Minho whined. 
 
“He’s busy doing something with Jonghyun,” Jinki replied, busying himself with the papers in front of him. He looked up at him through his glasses. “Please, Minho, do it for me?” he said tiredly.
 
Minho bit his bottom lip and sighed. Something about his hyung’s tired eyes and voice made him cave under pressure. 
 
“Fine,” he had said and stomped off childishly. 
 
And that’s how he was forced to come here.
 
Minho spotted the maknae in the far corner of the dance room, moving his small and flexible body in tune with the music. He walked toward him, his boots making a loud thump, thump, thump as he neared him. The younger paid him no mind, still moving his agile body around, his light hair moving around on his head.
 
Minho’s heart thumped in his chest.
 
“Taemin?” he whispered softly. No, you idiot, louder. “Taemin?!” he yelled.
 
Taemin jumped out of surprise and kicked his speakers that held his iPod. It slid across the bare, wooden floor to Minho’s feet and shuffled on it’s own.
 
“You know, when you really love someone, just go for it! Yeah!”  blared the new song, kind of like an sign as to what he should do next. Minho picked it up in his hands and looked at it like it was an alien.
 
“Hyung,” Taemin whined. “You scared me!” he said. “Why did you sneak up on me like that?”
 
“S-sorry,” Minho said, looking up at him. Taemin was looking at him with those wide, innocent eyes and his pouty pink lips. 
 
Minho absently his lips and handed the speakers and iPod to him.
 
Taemin looked at it for a moment and grinned, looking back up at his hyung. “It’s okay. You didn’t mean it.”
 
Minho smiled a little at him. There was a childish glow to the boy and it made him want to hold him and protect him. It took everything he had not to launch at the maknae.
 
Taemin smiled at him again. “Hyung, are you okay?” he asked. “You haven’t moved at all.”
 
Minho felt heat creeping  up to his cheeks. Weird.
 
“Wanna see my new dance, hyung?” Taemin asked innocently. He grinned as Minho nodded (it was the only thing he could do) and sat down the speakers/iPod once more. “Stay back then, and don’t scare me this time!” he said, teasing one of his favorite hyungs.
 
Minho nodded and swallowed. He watched as Taemin switch back to the first song and started to move once more. His small, tiny frame moved professionally to the beat of the music, his hair flopping this way and that. Minho couldn’t help but smile as Taemin’s tongue slipped in between his thin pink lips, something he usually did when he thought too much.
 
Minho chuckled softly. Taemin was so adorable sometimes.
 
Taemin looked up at his chuckle and blushed, his pink cheeks turning a red shade. “Hyung? Is it funny?” he asked, stopping and getting mad.
 
Minho smiled and was about to answer when Taemin stomped up to him.
 
I said…is it funny?!” Taemin said, poking his chest out and pressing a thin, bony finger to Minho’s chest.
 
“No, no, Taemin-ssi,” Minho said, feeling as if his words were coming out in a blubber. Taemin looked at him, his eyes wide and his head cocked to the side like a little puppy. 
 
“What, hyung?” he asked angrily, yet innocently at the same time. How was that even possible?!
 
Okay, so they were coming out in a blubber. .
 
“I said,” Minho said slowly, trying not to screw it up once more, “no.”
 
Taemin looked at him carefully, his angry features softening a bit. “Then why were you laughing?”
 
“B-because…” Minho said. He closed his eyes a little bit, trying to tell himself to calm down. It was no big deal. He opened them and looked right at the angel in front of him. “Because you’re adorable.”
 
Taemin’s frown suddenly transformed into a huge grin. His pale cheeks turned red and he let out a sort of giggle. “Oh. Sorry.”  
 
The younger looked away for a moment, a stupid grin still plastered on his face. He looked back up at Minho, right in his eyes, and said, “Do you mean it, hyung?”
 
Minho blushed and nodded. “Of course,” he said and stepped closer. Taemin shook a little and blushed once more. “I wouldn’t say something if I didn’t mean it,” he smiled.
 
“So,” Taemin said, still looking up at the older, taller man, “when you said my name last night…and you said you loved me…you meant it?” he grinned.
 
Minho looked at him with wide, shocked eyes. “Wait, what?” 
 
Taemin giggled a little again. He stepped closer to his elder until they were almost touching. “I snuck in your room last night because I wanted to get my notebook you borrowed from me. You were mumbling in your sleep…and you said you loved me,” he smiled softly. 
 
Minho closed his eyes. He was dreaming of Taemin last night, yes. And he did remember that he dreamt he told him he loved him. 
 
I’m caught.
 
He opened his eyes and starred at the maknae. His innocent, angelic eyes starred up at him as he waited for an answer. His tiny hands had made their way to Minho’s hips, holding him there so he didn’t move. “Well?” he said with a slight, encouraging smile.
Minho bit his lip and was about to answer when Taemin stood on his tiptoes and kissed him. His pink lips pressed against Minho’s slightly chapped ones. Minho pulled him closer, his hands going into the younger’s floppy hair and pulling his lips even closer. Soon their tongues tangled and wrestled around, Taemin letting out little whimpers just to keep Minho going. The younger loved this, but not as much as the older. 
 
He felt as if he was a sky blue balloon floating to Heaven.
 
Taemin pulled away minutes later, breathless and his lips bruised from all their kisses. “I guess that answers it,” he smiled softly.
 
Minho smiled. “Yeah,” he whispered. “I do love you, Taemin….and I’m going to protect my little dancer…if you want me to, that is.”
 
Taemin giggled once more. “I wouldn’t have given you my first kiss if I didn’t want you to,” he said, sticking his tongue out.
 
Minho smiled and pulled the maknae into a tight hug, stealing away Taemin’s second kiss as he did so. 
 
He’d have to thank Jinki later.