Sprint Wedding

The Heir's Love Story

“We just fell asleep while reviewing last night. That’s all. The headline is definitely a lie.” She defended.

“But look at how close you were to each other.” The doe-eyed girl pointed to some of the closed-up pictures on the tab. “We believe you Hyun, but how can you defend yourself with these believable pictures? These are like captured by a pro. If we don’t know you personally like he others outside we would probably fall or it too you know.”

“Trust me; the header is just a ruckus.”

“We believe you Seohyunnie, you’re not that kind of girl. Everybody knows that you are his wife-to-be but this live-in issue is just below-the-belt.” Sooyoung let out as she embraces the youngest.

 “But could you tell us the whole story behind these photos?” Yuri wanted to know the full details behind the pictures that was creating false alarm at that moment.

“We were reviewing Histopathology last night in his study area until midnight when the two of us dozed off because of exhaustion. But I cannot remember taking photos like that, nor know a person who would likely do that.” She explained.

“But to tell you honestly, we don’t really feel bad about these pictures. It’s just the headline that bothered us.”  Of course, you’re such a good girl and the live-in headline doesn’t really suits you.” the tanned girl let out her opinion.

“Neh?” now she knows that even her unnies were really in favor of Jong-In to become her husband. “Of course, I will never do that. If that love is really for me, it can wait. There’s no need to rush.” She let out some figure of speech in expressing her thoughts.

She knows herself very well, living-in together with her lover even if she really loves the person would never really happen in her case for she is an upright girl.

“Excuse me.” Jong-In tries to get the girls’ attention as he went near her.

“Joo Hyun-ah, are you alright?” he asked with an obvious concerned tone thinking of the things she just heard from students outside the classroom.

“Gwenchanayeo, Jong-In.” she reassured the heir.

“Tell me, what you want me to do about it?” he let out a serious question. For some reasons, he felt that he needs to protect her at that moment. He does not like the way people were talking behind their back particularly talking about her behind their backs.

“Don’t make a big deal about it. I’m fine.”

“But those people outside –“he tries to reason out, but was cut. “I’m perfectly fine. The headline was a hoax, there’s nothing to be afraid.” she reassured him once more.


Few minutes later, the proctor arrived, the test was about to start.

Everyone in the classroom put down their bags and only brought pencils and answers sheets with them.

The usual set up of the two was altered when Jong-In voluntarily sat on the 3rd row beside Yoona not wanting to cause a stir during the period. Seohyun got what he was thinking like they have a telepathy o understand each other’s thoughts. She held herself together and let all her courage out not to feel affected by the false issue that just broke out.

Fortunately, the first exam was not that complicated and she finished an hour before the time, and got out of the room.

She stayed just outside the room, and waited while scanning her notes while she waits for her unnies to finish.

She was building her focus reading for the next exam when students from other sections started talking abou her.

“Look, it’s Seohyun. Did you just saw her pictures sleeping with Jong-In?” a student talked about her.

“It’s said that they were already living together. Honestly, I never thought that she can be like that; I mean living in with his fiancé. I know they’re going to marry soon, but they should live together once they’re married. That’s more appropriate.” Another student let out an opinion.

She breathed deeply to get hold of herself and focused reading.


Few minutes have passed, and finally Yoona and Sooyoung came out from the exam room. Then few moments later, Yuri also came out.

She wondered why Jong-In was not coming out of the room yet.

“He’s doing it on purpose.” Yoona said, understanding what their youngest was wondering about.

And so, they went to some other place near to the room for the next exam.


Hours passed and they were able to take the second exam.

Jong-in was the first one who finished, and few minutes later, Joo hyun finished the exam as well.

Students started talking behind their backs again and Seohyun was the one earning the bad reputation.

She was obviously not feeling fine about it. And the heir’s thread of patience already ran out, that he confronted a noisy student who was bad-mouthing the poor girl at that moment.

“Well, looks can be deceiving, who would've thought that Seohyun was not that innocent aft – “the student was cut by the heir’s intrusion, “So what? Hell, you’re too affected when you’re not even involved. Do you envy her that much?”

She felt his enrage so she sprinted near him,”Jong-In-ah, stop it!”

He heir almost killed the student with his devilish glare as he held the poor girl’s hand and walked out from the scene not caring for anyone else.

He then drove her home.


As they arrived in front of her family’s restaurant on midtown Namsan, he spotted a familiar Limousine car – it’s his grandfather’s car.

As they enter the restaurant they saw some butlers and security members of the household, and his grandfather together with her parents who were seriously discussing about matters.

As they approached the elders and as the elders see them walking together, Grand Master Kim stood up from his seat and welcomed them with a serious look.

The old man put a hand on his grandson’s shoulder and told the two of them, “I think it’s best for you two marry sooner.”

“How soon?” he seriously shot back.

“In three days. That’s the best thing to do to kill the issue.”

“Three days?” they said shocked in unison. If the superlative form soon which is soonest would make the grammar of the statement right, it would be the most accurate form to describe what the old master wanted them to do.

“Harabeoji, this is not the best time to joke around.” He said, still in state of disbelief.

“Do I appear like joking right now, Jong-In-ah?” the old man sharply shot back o his grandson.

“W-well you don’t.” he suddenly felt fear through his grandfather’s tone. “But Joo Hyun-noona is not prepared for this marriage.” Considering her feelings, he tried to speak up on her behalf.

“More like you’re the one who’s not prepared for marriage yet.” He countered his grandson once more.

He was taken aback by what the Grand Master just told him. He was right, he was not yet ready for the marriage, and he was not yet even ready to love a person. It’s not yet even processed in his intelligent mind. But he have to look tough in front of the old master, he could never let him win without an argument. Not even a single argument he would let the old man win over him easily.

“Who said that?” he asked the old man boldly in return as he held her hand tighter. “We will get married in three days.”

And so, the young man has fallen into the old master’s trap. Seriously, he can be a gullible child when it comes to the witty Grand Master Kim.

“Well then, it came out from your own mouth.”

“Fine.” He firmly responded. But as he looks at the girl beside her, he saw a frozen and bewildered Joo Hyun - who was seemingly contemplating hard about the happenings around them.

He then realized that he fell into the old man’s trap like a mindless fellow who agreed to be put in a den full of tigers for the sake of being called courageous.

‘Shoot you, Jong-In!’he cursed his whole being.

But no matter how he tortures himself internally there’s no turning back – no turning back for the both of them. Considering the situation they were in just now, and considering his thoughtless decision. Definitely, they should get married.

He then sprinted out of the restaurant pulling her with him.

But no mater how far they run, they cannot escape the fate that was awaiting them.


It was then they stopped running when they reached a residential area that seemed like a ghost town in the afternoon several blocks away to the north of the restaurant.

The maknae was gasping for air for the heir’s pace was really fleet for her.

“W-why did we have to run like that?” she asked retracting her hand from him while panting for air.

“Mianhaeyo.” He suddenly apologized.

“For what?” she shot back still gasping for air.

“For being careless. For doing that… I haven’t considered you again.”he looked at the ground, guilty of what he just did.

“But telling me this, I know you are. So okay.” She responded.

“Okay, what?” he was not able to get what she was trying to convey.

“Okay.” She paused for a second, “I’m okay marrying you.”

 

With her statement, he got frozen from where he was standing, his mind lagged for a moment for hearing that she’s fine with the marriage.

“Are you are hearing yourself?” he asked her in disbelief.

She nodded.

A small upward curve formed by his lips appeared. He does felt good though clueless towards her decision.


And so, they started preparing for the wedding.

They’ve decided that they wanted a traditional Korean wedding so the ceremony would be purely a formal program giving thanks to their parents and guardians, and parents showering and audiences giving them blessings - all conservative so they can prevent skinship and kissing like in a typical Christian wedding where they should kiss like love birds and act lovey dovey in front of the crowd.

Indeed, they are exceptionally a clever couple for thinking of such idea.

It was early in the morning when the wedding ceremony was held in the Kim mansion. Originally, a typical traditional Korean marriage should be held in the backyard of the bride’s backyard but it was not just any other traditional Korean wedding. It was the wedding of the most affluent heir in Asia so it’s more like a traditional Korean Royal wedding. Press people and famous icons like UN ambassador Ban Ki Moon, and current South Korea President Lee Myung Bak.

Seohyun was really having a hard time getting hold of herself in front of the crowd that was waiting for their wedding. While Jong-In was releasing cold sweats for being tensed, he was not really able to collect himself for the three days period allotted for them.

The much awaited ceremony went on.

“Give honor to the bride’s parents” said the Confusian priest. And the two of them bowed down to her parents.

“Give honor to the groom’s grand father.” And the two gave respect to Grand Master Kim.

The heir was caught by Seohyun’s appearance; he cannot help but to glance at her from time-to-time during the ceremony.

‘She looks beautiful even in Norigae.’ he thought, as he takes a peak of his wife who was wearing a luxurious wedding Hanbok as the ceremony was about to finish.

After the ceremony they walked out to the luxurious European garden of the mansion where most of the guest and press people were waiting.

Press started to capture their most important moments; the guests near to their hearts gave them blessings as they walk on them.

Yoona, Yuri, and Sooyoung have gotten teary eyed seeing the maknae marrying before their eyes. They were so proud to see her beautiful wearing her traditional Korean wedding dress.

“Unnies!” she called them as she saw the three almost tearing.

“We’re just too happy right now.” the doe-eyed girl expressed removing a single tear with her finger.

“Congratulations maknae.” Sooyoung expressed.

“We will always be here if you need anything.” Yuri commented lastly.

“I love you three.” She gave her older sister’s a hug before going to the other guests.

When they finished entertaining the guests and went to the family table together with Grand Master Kim, Mr. Seo and Mrs. Seo, the old man spoke to the young lady and gave her a welcoming hug. “Welcome to the family Mrs. Kim, it has been 18 years since I last saw you.”

On the other hand Jong-In received a warm hug from her parents, “We’re glad that our daughter is married to a gentleman like you.” Mrs. Seo spoke.

“Told you, you’re a part of our family. Please take a good care of my baby daughter” Mr. Seo uttered as a tear came out from his eye.

“I’ll keep that in mind.” He said firmly as man.


 

Hello Dear Readers,

So how do you like my very first fic so far? I hope you like it guys. This will be my last update for this day since I'm having a part-time job this short break. I might update 2-3 days from now. Let me know if you're liking it. It gives me motivation to continue the story if the readers are liking my story. Keke :))) Please look forward for the next chapters :)

I'm looking forward for your opinion. Keke @_@

 

The Author-nim,

Seohyunkeroro