A Knight's Duty

The Heir's Love Story

Several hours have passed but Jong-In and Joo Hyun were not able to go back to sleep. Both of them were restless since the situation they are in was seemingly getting worse. All of them were uncomfortable about the twins being kidnapped, and the tension was even triggered more now that Lay seemingly wanted Wu Fan as his bait.

He was consistently convincing her to go back to sleep since they went back in their room, but they just ended up quarrelling. Their guardians were dead tired that the three of them went back into slumber and since the heir insisted that he could handle his wife.

‘’Joo Hyun-ah, please.’’ He pleaded for the nth time. ‘’…nobody wants this kind of situation, even I wanted to go outside and save them myself but acting rash will not do anything good.’’

‘’And what? Stay here and wait for another twenty-four hours for the special troupe’s news?’ she furiously screeched on his face. ‘’…the next news we might hear is that Lay has gone insane shot our kids!’’

‘’Don’t say that.’’

‘’You really don’t understand how I feel Jong-In!’’ her impatience finally hit its point and started to remove the IV needle inserted in her left hand and attempted to stand up. ‘’Move!’’ she stubbornly shove her husband on her way despite the fact that she has unstable gait and was frail.

Her left hand was bleeding but she did not mind. He was left with no choice but to use force to stop her. He woke up his older cousin Chanyeol to call for the nurse’s help to re-insert the IV needle that she mindlessly removed in her hands.

Tiffany and Yoona eventually woke up when they heard Chanyeol shouted seeing blood gushing out of her left hand.

‘’Hyun-noona!’’ he panicked, then he faced his cousin for a second and without a rushed outside the room and headed to the nurses’ station for some help.

The fashion designer and the doe-eyed girl were in awe seeing how furious and reckless the milady looked despite the fact that she still looked so frail.

‘’Are you trying to kill yourself?’’ the doe-eyed girl rushed on Joo Hyun’s side and got the gauze inside first aid case that was on the adjacent table  of her bed and started stopping her bleeding with it. ‘’You’ve just woke up from coma, don’t try to kill us from worrying about you.’’

The milady started crying and pleaded on her best friend, ‘’Yoong, I need to rescue my twins please understand me. It’s been days since Yi Xing kidnapped them. I can’t just stay here any longer.’’

‘’Please listen to your husband Hyun. All of us are worrying about them, I know amongst us you’re the one who feels the worst but if you do something without even thinking things might get worse especially to you.’’

‘’I already told her that but she won’t listen.’’ The heir joined their conversation.

’If their father cannot do anything then let me save my children.’’ Joo Hyun furiously shot back leaving all of them thrown aback. She shooed the doe-eyed girl’s hand away from her and stood up, and attempted to walk up to the room’s front door.

The heir could not find a word to say, the latter was so angry but her way of countering her has a deeper meaning. Her words simply insulted him.

‘’Sorry. I’m really sorry.’’ He uttered, and came off from his bed and walked to her. ‘’I’ll find them if that’s what you want.’’ He then walked out of the room without saying a thing anymore.

All became silent in the room, the milady was not able to say a thing to the other two since she have realized that she has gone overboard and said something that hurt her husband.

Chanyeol arrived with three nurses with him and found the ladies in that state. He saw Jong-In walking in the corridor but just ignored him.

‘’What’s happening here?’’

The milady sighed, and walked back to her bed and did not answer the animated gentleman’s question.

‘’They fought.’’ The doe-eyed girl answered for her.

She sighed again, and their time Tiffany went to her side as the nurses began to re-insert the IV needle on her right hand this time. Her left hand stopped bleeding but the portion where she took off the IV needle had badly bulged the nurse cannot re-insert the needle in the other veins available on her left hand. ‘’Jong-In is a harsh kid, but I’ve never imagined that he married a wife even harsher than him. I’m not taking anyone’s side but please this kind of situation doesn’t need that kind of action. I understand you since you’re the mother. I will not blame you, but please arguments with Jong-In will not make the situation good for your family.’’

The fashion designer being older amongst everyone else inside the room has been watching them for quite some time she usually don’t budge into their issues and just watch everything from afar but has indirectly scolded the milady with her actions this time. After all, she took care of Jong-In since childhood and she knows how the heir could have badly hurt with his wife’s words.

‘’S-sorry.’’  The milady apologized meekly.

‘’Just don’t argue anymore, okay?’’ the fashion designer smiled and held her hand. ‘’… but since you’ve said something like that to Jong-In. You know how he would react. He’d do as you wish Joo Hyun.’’

‘’Can’t we just find them?’’ she stubbornly insisted for the last time.

‘’The sages are doing their job. They’re watching Lay’s every moves and they say that he has hidden the kids in queen sized room of the house he was hiding in Suwon district.’’

‘’But do they know that he is up to Wu Fan-oppa to be the one to negotiate to him?’’ she asked.

The fashion designer was taken aback since the sages that were assigned did not knew about it. The sages that were appointed to watch Lay’s 24/7 have told them that they have tapped the serene gentleman’s connection but it seems that they have not.

‘’That…they haven’t told us.’’ She replied.

‘’Wu Fan-oppa received a call from Lay, Yi Xing... or whatever you call him. He wants to meet with him alone. He said that he was instructed by Lay to meet with him in Suwon that he wanted oppa to get the kids all by himself.’’

‘’What? Wu Fan-hyung to get the twins alone?’’ Chanyeol butted in anxiously. ‘’…I doesn't seem right. I think that Lay’s thinking seems to be so unpredictable.’’

‘’Like a lunatic, that’s how unpredictable he is…..to think that he was able to penetrate here in the hospital and do these horrible things to the both of you? He’s a scary person.’’ Yoona added.

‘’As far as I am scared for my children, I am also worried that he might do something bad to Wu Fan-oppa.’’ The milady expressed with the obvious fear.

‘’What did Wu Fan told you guys that he’ll do?’’ Tiffany asked the obvious, yet hoping that the mysterious gentleman have answered another.

‘’He said that he’ll do what he was instructed. Jong-In and I have persuaded him but it seems that he've made up his mind.’’

‘’You know that he'd put his life into the line just for the sake of you Joo Hyun.’’

 

 

Morning came and Soo Jung was not able to go back into her sweet slumber as the ‘kiss’ kept repeating inside her head. All she was able to do was hide herself under the white sheets and did not dare to move a bit so that Wu Fan who was watching over her would not be able to have a chance to converse to her or do something to her.

Jung Soo Jung that was just a dream.  She tried to convince herself as she shut her eyes tighter, yet the scene kept repeating inside her mind like crazy. She curled into her knees as frustration tops her. She hates how the mysterious gentleman made her already bewildered feelings even deranged. Yet, she could not help but to think of him especially that he has never left her side all the while.

I’m your dongsaeng right? I’m your dongsaeng! But why did you kiss me you idiot!’’ she mentally mocked him as she felt the warm sunray penetrating the blanket covering her indicating that it’s already morning and probably that the mysterious gentleman who was sleeping on her bedside was awoken already.

She was right, when she suddenly heard a low toned yawn from the latter.

Yah, Jung Soo Jung don’t you dare make a too obvious move that you are already awake!

 

‘’Krystal-ah. Good morning.’’ He greeted the heiress in a low tone as he stretch his long arms in the air. ‘’heiress did not even budge or a bit, rather she did not move a muscle purposely.

‘’Krystal-ah, rise and shine.’’ He called onto her again putting an arm around her tiny waist and looked at the wall clock. ‘’…it is past 9, and I know that you hate waking up late. You’re going to miss a good breakfast do you want that.’’

He was aware of this simple things – that Soo Jung hates waking up late in the morning because she’s a punctual person and that she dislikes eating breakfast late because breakfast tastes different to her whenever she eats it near lunch. Those simple things that an ordinary friend would not mind to know but in a period of time he was able to get familiar at unexpectedly.

Don’t you dare move a muscle Jung Soo Jung!  She scold herself as her heart started to thump abnormally feeling the latter’s arm around her waist.

What’s with the sudden endearment Wu Fan-oppa? No way that I will fall for it. Her cheeks started feeling warm that all she wanted to do was to bury her face on her pillow. She felt like she will not be able to face him properly.

‘’Soo Jung-ah.’’ He called her name in his usual low and cold voice but in a rather serious tone this time. ‘’Wake up.’’

No way! Go away from me you ERT!  She cursed him mentally as she kept imagining how he kissed her without any permission.

Even if there are times that she finds him cool and handsome, she has never pictured out herself being the latter’s girlfriend. She was comfortable with him, they are close to each other to the point that they know how they hurt loving Jong-In and Joo Hyun who cannot be theirs ever. He has always been her older brother who protects her when she needs protection and a clown whenever she needed someone to cheer her up. It was sarcastic to call the mysterious gentleman a clown. But it is well known to everyone that she’s scornful enough to address the handsome mysterious gentleman as her clown. Hence, she only felt that familiar comfort in his presence.

‘’Rise and shine, Heiress Jung!’’ the mysterious gentleman had enough and removed the blanket that was covering her and let her feel the heat of sunrays which will certainly wake her up and would CERTAINLY make her feel annoyed at the same time. ‘’I know you’re awake since it’s impossible for you to wake up this late, why pretend that you’re still sleeping?’’

But she stubbornly stay still facing the opposite side, her back facing him. She surely is a stubborn girl who will not please anyone.

He sighed, and put his hands on his waist. He wanted to scold the latter but he too remembered what he suddenly did several hours ago. She’s slowly getting into his nerves at that very moment, well, it’s usual that she gets into his nerves but after their kiss the feeling felt different.

Sorry if it was sudden. It was not clear to me as well, it’s just now. And since it’s clear to me now…I think I should be responsible with my actions. I did not regret it, I will not apologize for stealing that kiss. I’m sorry for always looking at you as my younger sibling, and that’s why you’ve always looked at me as an older brother. It was kind of abrupt since I’ve just been pondering about you for a few days – I’ve been pondering about us. We seem awkward don’t we?

 

 

‘’Wake up Jung Soo Jung…I’m already hungry.’’ He said, in a rather commanding tone.

Though she’s the most stubborn heiress, it gives her shivers whenever she hears that kind of tone from the latter. She slowly stretched her body and pretended to have just woke up scratching the side of eyes and brushing her hair with her fingers.

‘’So noisy.’’ She sat down.

‘’Who’s noisy?’’ he bent over and leaned close to her face that the latter moved her face away from him.

‘’W-what do y-you want again?’’ she asked cringing, as her cheeks felt even hotter as the latter’s face was closer to hers.

‘’I’m hungry and I like to eat now.’’ He held onto his stomach.

‘’What’s with the connection of you getting hungry and waking me up?’’ she countered raising an eyebrow.

He then sat beside her and endearingly put his arms around her waist. ‘’I know you very well kiddo! As if.’’

‘’You know me very well that - ?’’ she tried to distance away from him, the awkwardness that the latter was sending her was driving her crazy. She couldn’t compose herself any longer, she wanted to push him but she cannot deny that she did not dislike the fact that it was happening to them.

‘’…that you’re already hungry and probably angry since it’s already late in the morning. You dislike eating breakfast this late right? Come one Jung Soo Jung, like you don’t nag at your helpers whenever this happens.’’

She took a deep breath and sighed, gathering all the will power she have inside, she faced him and asked, ‘’But what’s with the sudden clingy attitude from you?’’

She tried to remove the latter’s arms around her waist but he did not let her and embraced her even tighter.

‘’Wait, I like us close like this.’’ He childishly demanded.

‘’Why?’’ she furiously asked.

‘’Since I’ve kissed you then you must be the next Lady Wu in line.’’ He said jokingly, and started laughing.

Her cheeks furiously turned red. His sudden playfulness was very out of the blue and was seemingly not-so-him. Though she’s happy, and the moment was perfect there’s a side of her that was oddly afraid of something.

‘’So with a kiss, you made me become the next lady of the Wu family?’’ she forcefully pushed him and stood up from bed. ‘’Come on, you’re just hungry…your right I’m getting nervy since I hate late breakfasts.’’ She opened the door and went out of the room, Wu Fan had no choice but act submissively to the latter.

------------

 

While walking in the corridor, both of them saw Jong-In sitting alone in an empty bench looking so frustrated. They then, walked to him.

‘’Jong-In ah, is there anything wrong?’’ Soo Jung asked.

The heir held his head up and looked at her, then his older brother then held the heiress’s hand. With that, he understood what his older brother meant – possessiveness. ‘’ Nothing really Soo Jung.’’

‘’Do you want to eat with us?’’ she offered. ‘’Spiel that there…’’

‘’A little argument with Joo Hyun.’’ He faintly smiled. ‘’It’s nothing, really.’’

‘’With a murdered face like that, I can't tell that it’s nothing.’’

Wu Fan’s grip became even tighter. It was the first time he felt so annoyed seeing how the heiress still cares about his younger brother. Who wouldn’t? Jong-In is Krystal’s first and unrequited love after all. It’s the thing he could never have a right to do with Joo Hyun when he was with her. All he could do was to love the other person secretly and be by her side without receiving the love he wanted to have.

And though it’s still a little too odd between the both of them, he doesn’t want to experience the same things he experienced for loving the wrong person anymore.

‘’It’s their business Soo Jung.’’ Wu Fan coldly uttered.

‘’Neh, it’s our problem. Don’t worry about me.’’

‘’But if there’s something wrong. Really, you could still – ‘’ she tried to tell the heir, she is still his best friend. But the mysterious gentleman cut her.

‘’It’s their business, let him handle it on his own. Let’s go.’’ Wu Fan gripped on her wrist tightly and started dragging her with him.

She was left with no choice, she was still bewildered with the sudden spin of happenings to them.

But before they completely left the walkway, Wu Fan turned back to his brother, ‘’Let us talk a later. Let us finish our meal.’’

‘’Hyung, let me go with you please?’’ he knew what he meant. And he’s feeling fearful that he’s getting what his older brother was telling him. I will not let you become a bait hyung. I will not let you do it for me.

‘’Bwo? You’re going somewhere? You didn’t tell me.’’ Soo Jung asked. ‘’Where?’’

‘’As usual to talk to the sages…’’ he lied.

‘’Then why do you have to go to them when they’re often calling us?’’

‘’I just have to go there this time and talk to them personally, Soo Jung.’’

‘’Some of them are my family’s men, it’s dangerous.’’ She tightly gripped on his arm feeling anxious.

He flashed a bitter smile. He did not want her to worry even if he knows that he’s going to throw himself into danger later that day.

‘’Let’s just eat. Okay?’’ he tucked her messed hair on the side of her ear and gave her a reassured look.

She rolled her eyes, feeling slightly annoyed that the latter was not really listening to her. ‘’I was just thinking of a safer way, Wu Fan-oppa.’’

‘’But please also understand that we’re talking about my niece and nephew’s safety.’’ Nonetheless, he has already made up his mind that even the girl who has his heart cannot even waver his decision.

It’s weird that I want to hold your hand for the entire day. I want to tell you directly that I’m not letting you go. But I know you’re not asking for my permission. Please, stay here with me even if it sounds like a selfish wish.

 

 

An hour has passed since Jong-In walked out from their room. He cannot clash with his wife’s temper and he it’s a discretion to him to extend his understanding to her especially at that very crucial moment for their family. Joo Hyun’s just a mother who worries about her children’s life and everybody especially him should fathom that.

He walked back to their room as he finally composed himself. Those words he heard from his wife was due to the heat of things. Hence, he should not overreact.

As soon as he opened the door, he saw his wife sitting on the wheelchair waiting on him. He did not say a word and just entered the room, still feeling a little offended and partially did not really know how to properly respond to her.

He was about to walk pass to her when she grabbed his hand, ‘’Jong-In ah…s-sorry.’’

He bent down, leaned forward and kissed the latter’s forehead. ‘’It’s okay, I should have understand you even more.’’

‘’Are you still angry?’’ she asked.

‘’Not anymore. I’m not in place to feel that.’’ He held her face and looked at her. ‘’I’ll go with Kris-hyung today, so just stay here and you don’t have to worry. I’ll bring the kids to you in the end of the day.’’

‘’Can’t I really come with you?’’ her heart cannot really feel settled and got even more bothered that his husband wouldn’t really let her come and rescue their children.

‘’We know it’s dangerous. I and hyung are going into a dangerous place and no matter how angry you can get at me I will not let you go with us.’’ He embraced the latter tight. ‘’…it’s my responsibility to protect you and our children Hyun.’’

She still has the persistence to persuade her husband’s decision but judging the way he stares at her, his decision will not waver.

 

‘’Good thing, these two already learned how to reconcile.’’ Yoona whispered to Chanyeol and Tiffany who were reading magazines in the couch side-by-side.

‘’Those two are lunatics too.’’ The animated gentleman sarcastically remarked as he flipped another page of the magazine. ‘’No wonder they’re really meant for each other.’’

‘’Harsh.’’ The fashion designer playfully hit his side.

He irked. ‘’ I’m just stating a fact, those two are really difficult to handle. Every time they fight it’s like World War III, IV, V and VI! ‘’

Tiffany laughed remembering how the husband and wife easily argued before. ‘’It’s not like they seldom argue…remember that they even argue with their crushes when they were just starting.’’

‘’Yeah, it’s because my idiot younger cousin is too vocal with his ideal types!’’ the animated gentleman covered his mouth trying to control himself from giggling.

‘’Mwo? Jong-In’s like that to Joo Hyun?’’ the doe-eyed girl’s eyes widened in surprise. ‘’ How could he?’’ she bit her lower lip in disappointment. ‘’…Joo Hyun likes him from the start.’’

‘’REALLY?’’ the other two chorused due to the revelation that was disclosed to them.

The doe-eyed girl beckoned them to lower their voice. It’s kind of betrayal to her best friend but since she has nowhere to go but to spiel all the beans left, she continued. ‘’ She did not really tell it to us, but I, Yul and Soo knows our maknae really well. Joo Hyun was like someone who has disinterest in guys. She was such a baby before we became classmates with Jong-In. But when she and Jong-In became seatmates, that was the first time we saw her act awkward around a man.’’

‘’Really, really?’’ Chanyeol became giddier, ‘’ …tell us more!’’

‘’And those two were like a live-in-action fiction characters in our class. Jong-In’s like a prince whenever Joo Hyun needs him.’’

Surely, the doe-eyed girl really knows the definition of the word Confidentiality.

 

After eating their late breakfast together, Wu Fan and Soo jung decided to take a stroll in the hospital’s botanical garden. The weather is fair though the sky was not as perfect blue for an autumn day. Just like, they’re likely fair together but the circumstances around them have tinted their world gray.

He was really taking time with her, having a feeling that he should remember every single second of their moment that day that he has to memorize every story she will tell him and have to obey her little rants she will utter. It’s just the beginning for them, queerly; it felt like the end is near for him.

‘’Do you know how I dislike this auto-wheelchair?’’ Soo Jung started ranting as she felt boring going everywhere pushing the red button to go forth with her wheelchair.

‘’Aren’t you thankful it’s automatic?’’

‘’NOT AT ALL!’’ she screeched stubbornly, ‘’..I already want to use my own feet!’’ she stopped in one place and stood up from her wheelchair. He gait was not still steady but he’s there to catch her that’s why she’s all confident to try to stand up and walk again.

‘’I really hate this! It’s been weeks since I became like an idiot who cannot use her own feet.’’

‘’No one’s rushing you Soo Jung.’’ He playfully smiled. ‘’..Aren’t you happy I’m ought to go wherever you have to?’’

‘’Like I’ve obligated you.’’ she scornfully replied, feeling her cheeks unusually warm.

‘’But why are you blushing?’’ he started laughing.

‘’I’m not!’’ she denied.

‘’You are!’’

‘’I’m not!’’

‘’You are!’’

With her usual short temper, the heiress fell to the mysterious gentleman’s teasing and subconsciously used her foot to kick him. Unfortunately, she could blow a kick but her gait was still unsteady that she almost fell on the ground.

And the only good thing from falling at that moment was that Wu Fan was there to catch her.

 

 

After eating their late breakfast together, Wu Fan and Soo Jung decided to take a stroll in the hospital’s botanical garden. The weather is fair though the sky was not as perfect blue for an autumn day. Just like, they’re likely fair together but the circumstances around them have tinted their world gray.

He was really taking time with her, having a feeling that he should remember every single second of their moment that day that he has to memorize every story she will tell him and have to obey her little rants she will utter. It’s just the beginning for them, queerly; it felt like the end is near for him.

‘’Do you know how I dislike this auto-wheelchair?’’ Soo Jung started ranting as she felt boring going everywhere pushing the red button to go forth with her wheelchair.

‘’Aren’t you thankful it’s automatic?’’

‘’NOT AT ALL!’’ she screeched stubbornly, ‘’..I already want to use my own feet!’’ she stopped in one place and stood up from her wheelchair. He gait was not still steady but he’s there to catch her that’s why she’s all confident to try to stand up and walk again.

‘’I really hate this! It’s been weeks since I became like an idiot who cannot use her own feet.’’

‘’No one’s rushing you Soo Jung.’’ He playfully smiled. ‘’..Aren’t you happy I’m ought to go wherever you have to?’’

‘’Like I’ve obligated you.’’ she scornfully replied, feeling her cheeks unusually warm.

‘’But why are you blushing?’’ he started laughing.

‘’I’m not!’’ she denied.

‘’You are!’’

‘’I’m not!’’

‘’You are!’’

With her usual short temper, the heiress fell to the mysterious gentleman’s teasing and subconsciously used her foot to kick him. Unfortunately, she could blow a kick but her gait was still unsteady that she almost fell on the ground.

And the only good thing about falling at that moment was that Wu Fan was there to catch her.

 ‘’Careful!’’ his timing was just perfect catching her by her waist, and pulled her closer to him.

‘’Aish! So annoying!’’ she expressed her frustration punching his chest.

The mysterious gentleman suddenly turn around and bended his knees beckoning the latter to ride on his back.

‘’What’s with that?’’

‘’Piggyback.’’ he tapped his shoulder smiling.

She felt a little embarrassed getting conscious about her weight. She hesitated, but it seems like the mysterious gentleman was reading her mind by just simply looking at her face. He , ‘’I’m sure you’ve gotten thinner since you got hospitalized.’’

‘’Yah! Why are you so annoying today?’’ she complained as the latter gained a heavy slap on his left shoulder.

‘’I’m just saying the truth. Why so violent?’’ he irked. ‘’…Just hop in, okay?’’

This time, she gladly accepted his offer and rode his back and they began their stroll.

Several minutes later, they reached the midst of the hospital’s botanical garden where the ambience was more serene and only the chirping birds and the hush of the wind were the only things that can be heard.

She suddenly remembered the night when the mysterious gentleman gave her a piggyback ride. Both of them were in the state of escape from their feelings to the other two. They unknown to them, they sent a kind of familiar comfort to each other that as if they both can mend each others’ hurt that they got from the ones they love.

Both of them were silent, they weren’t talking to each other since Soo Jung was feeling nervous to make a sound nor say a word to the him while Wu Fan was enjoying his time watching the sky as he carries her.

And like he was reading her thoughts again, he began. ‘’…Exactly just like the first time.’’

‘’N-neh?’’ she was surprised that it was like they were thinking of the same scene.

‘’…Exactly just like the first time.’’ He started giggling as he slightly joggled her weight on his back. ‘’…but you’re a lot lighter compared before.’’

‘’Aish!’’ she slapped his shoulder once again.

‘’Violent Soo Jung!’’

‘’Serves you right!’’ she stuck her tongue out.

 

When they’ve reached the atrium of the botanical garden, and saw an enormous stone. He decided that they should take a rest and let her sat on top of it.

‘’I’m happy that no one’s around…’’ then he jumped on top of the stone on the space beside her. ‘’…it’s only you and me around.’’

She gulped the lump in as her nervousness heightens up again. Awkwardness fills the air that Soo Jung was breathing; she started imagining things that the latter might get into extreme all of a sudden. So she pushed him away.

‘’Why?’’ he asked as he fell flat on the ground.

She closed her eyes and shooed him, ‘’One meter away from me!’’

‘’Why?’’

‘’Just, just ONE METER AWAY from me!’’ she couldn’t explain it properly since she was the one thinking of such things at that very moment.

He sighed as he stood up thinking that the latter was kind of helpless and let silence accompany them once more for a short moment.

 

 

‘’Krys, do you like me always being around you?’’ he suddenly asked when their atmosphere has gotten calm.

It sounded very random to her, but made her hesitant to answer directly.  She chuckled, ‘’What kind of question is that?’’

He was looking at the gray sky when he asked, now he turned to her and looked at her into the eyes directly and asked her again. ‘’Do you like me always being around you?’’

Unbelievable - she thought. ‘’Will I ever let myself be with someone I dislike?’’

‘’Sarcastic kid.’’ He playfully hit her forehead like she’s a child.

‘’Ahjussi!’’ she back, ‘’…if I’m a kid then why do you like being around me?’’

‘’Why? Can’t an Ahjussi like a kid?’’

‘’It’s e. A kid can file a case against you.’’

‘’Why? Would you file a case against me?’’

‘’Why? Do you like me?’’ she asked arguing, subconscious that she asked someone directly.

‘’Yes.’’ So he answered her without any hesitation.

With that she completely got tongue tied and cannot give the latter a proper blow, she asked him again stuttering, ‘’W-why? D-don’t you think it’s gross?’’

‘’Funny Soo Jung…very funny.’’

All she could do was to ignore him and looked nervously at the sky.

Few minutes later, when she felt less uncomfortable she asked him again. ‘’W-why do you like someone way younger than you this time? Or you’re just playing around?’’

He cupped her face with his huge hands and made her face him. ‘’…Because I love to watch her grow, and once we grow old together I will not be the one to see her say farewell to me.’’

‘’But isn’t that a little selfish of you?’’ she narrowed her eyebrows and gave him a dagger look.

‘’And, that’s why I will make sure that I love her more than she love me.’’

She retracted her face that was only a few inches away from his and looked away. It was the very first time she found him sounding so cheesy. But despite that, she felt his sincerity. But just like what she felt earlier, it was weird that she’s afraid of not seeing him even just for a bit,

‘’The kid will be really angry if you leave her.’’ she stubbornly remarked. ‘’…because the moment she gives her heart to you, she will not be able to look at somebody else again.’’

‘’That kid may not be the ahjussi’s first love but he is sure that she’s the second and last.’’ He chuckled, indirectly saying what he feels for her. ‘’…but if ahjussi isn’t really the one for that kid… I hope that she will find someone who will watch over her, and who will love her more, and who is way more handsome than that Ahjussi.’’

‘’Will that be realistic?’’ she looked at him puzzled.

He laughed, knowing himself that he set such unrealistic requirements. ‘’Of course, I purposely made it that way so that you will not replace that Ahjussi!’’

She playfully chocked, sticking out her tongue. ‘’Don’t you think you are too full of yourself.’’

Then his mood suddenly turned serious, his eyes looked deeply into her like he was looking to her soul. ‘’…Seriously, I like that you are way younger than me so I can watch you grow. I like to love you more than you would love me so that it will hurt you less once I pass away when we grow old. Like a knight who is always there to watch over his princess.’’

A knight - as he compares to himself. A knight which Soo Jung have always hated in every classic and historical novels she used to read. Someone who protects his princess with all his might, and probably give his whole heart to, but in the end cannot end up with the princess since his duty is just to protect and die for the princess.

 

‘’Do you know that I hate knights, oppa? Jong-In knows that.’’

‘’But Jong-In is someone else’s prince already.’’ He suddenly cupped her face again and gave her a peck on the lips. ‘’…so a knight is way better than him!’’

She was completely in daze that he gave her a kiss again. It was their second for that day. She haven’t even gave him the title of a boyfriend and seemed that the latter won’t even ask her and do as he pleases.

‘’Then be prince…or-or become a KING! That’s better!’’ She randomly babbled as she cannot think of something with sense.

 

It was almost noon when they have decided to go back to the hospital. The sun was roaring heat in the sky and Soo Jung really hated it.

They were almost at the hospital building when his mobile beeped on his pocket. He got a message from his adopted brother Lay, ’At exactly 5 pm be here at Suwon if you REALLY want the twins. ALONE.’

‘’Who’s that?’’ Soo jung asked as she attempted to get his mobile phone from his hand but the latter immediately kept it inside his pocket.

‘’A sniper.’’ He lied.

‘’Sniper Kyuhyun?’’ she asked.

‘’N-neh.’’

‘’Really?’’ she wrinkled her nose for wondering that Sniper Kyuhyun is her family’s sage and he would probably message her first or message them at the same time if it was really him. She asked him again, ‘’Really? Weird, if it is really him then I should have gotten a message as well.’’

‘’Well, probably he messaged me directly this time since I need to meet them up later personally.’’ He nervously reasoned out.

‘’Don’t go alone.’’ she suddenly gripped onto his hand tight.

‘’Soo Jung-ah, please understand me, my niece and nephew are there. And besides I will be there to talk with the sages personally.’’

‘’But why do I feel like you’re lying to me?’’ she directly asked, letting him know the fear that she feels.

He felt really guilty staring at her directly and lying about the fact that he’s letting himself become a bait later one. ‘’Please trust me.’’ He squeezed her hand giving assurance.

 

 

 

When Wu Fan has finally sent Soo Jung inside her room he headed his way to Jong-in and Seohyun’s room.

There he found his restless younger brother walking back and forth waiting for him.

‘’Hyung! Let me go with you.’’ Jong-In held both of his shoulders tightly the moment he entered the room.

‘’But Lay wants me to go alone.’’

‘’No, I will not let you. For sure he’s planning something bad about you. It’s dangerous.’’ Jong-In insisted.

‘’Jong-In ah…’’ he removed his dongsaeng’s hand on his shoulders. ‘’ Look at yourself? You do think you’re going to be a big help if you’re there?’’ he attempted to persuade the latter.

‘’Those are my children, it will be more appropriate if I rescue them.’’ The heir reasoned out.

‘’But the kidnapper wants me to be there not you.’’

‘’Hyung…he’s making you a bait!’’ Jong-In firmly stood to what he wants to happen, ‘’I will not let that happen. I will go with you.’’

‘’It doesn’t matter if I become a bait.’’ Then he briefly looked at Seohyun’s direction and looked directly at his younger brother again. ‘’…all I care is that I should get them safe.’’

-----------

 

A/N: I'm sorry for the REALLY long wait dear Reader-nims. Author-froggy's schedule is way too hectic. Jeongmal mian-hamnida (90 degree bow). I know that a lot or probably all of you guys are SeoKris, and I gravely apologize but I have to write this way. But then again, please wait for the next chapter if you really want a SeoKris :) *troll author mode.*