September Part 4

The Heir's Love Story

‘’How’s Seohyun?’’ Yoona finally asked Jong-In after an eerie silence.

The three of them couldn’t bear seeing their youngest lying on the hospital bed, seemingly lifeless. Her milky-white skin has become awfully pale, her pink lips also turned gray. The respirator and all the life support machines attached to her made them feel worse.

‘’The doctor says than she has gotten better, but she hasn’t shown any signs she has not woken up yet.’’ He replied.

The three of them has really gotten mad at him the moment they heard the news from Wu Fan and Chanyeol. It’s a fact that what had happened was a mere accident, but who wouldn’t fume up if it’s all because of his reckless behavior?

 It was not their first time visiting their youngest in the hospital, they were there for her right after her cesarean operation, and that’s when they’ve heard what had really happened to her.

‘’Jong-In, may I ask you something?’’ Sooyoung spoke sternly while caressing their youngest hands on the other side of her bed.

‘’N-neh, Sooyoung-noona…’’ he was rather apprehensive with her tone. He did not dare to look at her in the eyes.

‘’Look here.’’ The tallest hissed, she pierced the heir with her gaze.

He timidly raised his head and attempted to face her but his eyes kept on moving, he was obviously afraid of their anger towards him. But he had no choice but to face this consequence. He has done her wrong, and his only choice was to accept all the perils they’ve got for him.

‘’I’m s-sorry  Sooyoung-noona.’’ He muttered.

‘’It’s easy to say that, we’ve been hearing you say that since last week!’’Sooyoung started tearing up as she began releasing her anger towards the heir, ‘’If you just know how she has waited for you, she has to gone through all those family issues, be pregnant, and study without her husband’s support? Then the moment you come back you’re going to treat her that bad?’’ the doe-eyed girl tried to halt her. ‘’Jong-In, it’s not because you are her husband and you are South Korea’s richest heir you can do this to Hyunnie! All of us love her, you should know that. if you don’t want to take care of her then say it now!’’

‘’Sooyoung-ah please will you stop?’’ the tanned girl who was on the other side of Seohyun’s bed also hushed her. ‘’Hyunnie might be in coma, but she’s hearing us.’’

All three of them were teary eyed; Yoona was the one who was good at holding back and suppressing her feelings. ‘’I’m sorry Jong-In. ‘’

‘’I cannot blame Sooyoung-noona.’’ He looked down on the ground, his knees felt weakened. It’s guilt. ‘’I’m sorry.’’

‘’Everything’s said and done, Jong-In. Say it to her once she wakes up.’’ the doe-eyed girl stood firm in front of him. ‘’We only want to know if you’re willing to take care of her from now on.’’

it took him a moment before answering her, he definitely cannot make or say a wrong word that would possibly offend them. ‘’ I’m not sure about myself but I promise to take care of my wife from now on.’’

‘’You should, you’ve been missing a lot.’’ the tanned girl fused in.

Suddenly, they heard a faint and brief groan from the Seohyun.

‘’Hyun!’’ all of them looked at her all at the same.

‘’S-she must be hearing us.’’ The doe-eyed girl spoke as she reached her best friend’s hand that has been connect with the syringe pump and monitor support equipment. Then she felt that their youngest moved her index finger. ‘’Omo – ‘’ she eventually smiled seeing the good sign. ‘’Hyun, I think she’ll get better in no time.’’

 

 

Medics and nurses, doctors and guardians – all of them has passed him by. He has been endlessly watching them for several days already. He was constantly there in from of the Neonatal Intensive treatment Unit where the Kim twins was confined disguising himself in different personalities every single day.  Finally, he has memorized the daily visitation schedules of people who were taking care of the twins.

 

From six in the morning until 10 am it’s usually Tiffany Hwang who was in the room with the twins. Then Chanyeol will usually take turns with her until three in the afternoon. Wu Fan will be the one to stay there when Chanyeol has to go until the next morning.

Doctors usually do their check-ups every 6 am and 4pm every day, and nurses usually do their monitoring between 3pm to 5 pm.

The CCTV is located on the ceiling on the left side of the door of the room.

 

He held his chin as he thoroughly think of the right moves he has to do to make his plan successful. It wasn’t easy since he has to do it silently without a mistake. One wrong move and everything will go against his will.

The clock kept ticking as minutes turned into an hour, he looked at his watch and it was the nurse’s time to monitor the twins. He was holding a book, wearing his thick spectacles pretending that he was immensely reading a novel but in fact silently observing who was going in and out of the neonatal treatment room he has been patiently monitoring.

Then he saw Wu Fan getting out of the room heading to somewhere.

 

 

‘’Can I leave you for a minute? I just need to go to Mrs. Kim’s room.’’ Wu Fan spoke to the nurse, without knowing that his every move has been observed by someone.

The nurse agreed and the mysterious gentleman briefly went to the milady’s room and entrusted the twins to the nurse in-charge for a brief moment.

He smirked as he silently watched the mysterious gentleman leave. Just as I want it to happen.

 

 

 

‘’Is Yoona’s message true?’’ Wu Fan asked his younger brother.

‘’N-neh.’’ Jong-In nodded as a small smile formed in his face. ‘’She moved her index finger a while ago.’’

A huge grin crept on Wu Fan’s lips as he went to the left side of Joo Hyun’s bedside. ‘’Hyun, you must wake up quick. You have to see your twins, both of them looks like you.’’ then he gently kissed her forehead not even thinking what might his younger brother think of him.

Have I missed this much? Jong-In asked himself for witnessing how endearing Wu Fan acts around his wife.

Then he purposely coughed to get his elder brother’s attention. ‘’Hmm, how are they?’’

‘’The twins?’’ the mysterious gentleman’s smile was still plastered on his face, ‘’The doctor says they can go home next week, if the result of their blood test tomorrow is negative then he will conclude that they’re safe from Sepsis (severe blood infection).’’

The way he zealously take care of their children as his own, how responsibly he takes care of his own family was incomparable to what he does at that very moment. Deep inside, he envied him. Wu Fan-hyung is so fatherly, have I really missed this much?

‘’Mmm…’’ a faint groan was made by Joo Hyun again.

Both of them took a better look of her face as they gently held both of her hands.

‘’Joo Hyun, do you hear us?’’ the mysterious gentleman’s eyes were sparkling, happiness was evidently seen.

‘’Hyun, please wake up soon!’’ Jong-In gently squeezed his wife’s hand and kissed her cheek.

It was an awkward situation for Wu Fan to see. He was suddenly awaken than his younger brother Jong-In has come back already. Seohyun’s husband has returned.

He loosened his grip to her other hand, and awkwardly spoke ‘’Just give me a call if you need anything. I must go back.’’

Then he took his leave, but before he completely leave them Jong-In held his hand, ‘’Thank you Wu Fan-hyung.’’

‘’I am Uncle Kim, and we’re family.’’

 

 

Another two days passed, it was an afternoon and Soo Jung was with Kris in the Neonatal Intensive treatment unit looking after the twins. It was almost the time for the nurse in charge of monitoring to come and check the vital status of the twins.

‘’I’m planning to pursue medicine in California.’’ Soo Jung spoke and took a sip of her fresh kiwi shake. ‘’Omo, I never thought you are also good in making such. You can qualify as a dad already!’’ she began teasing Wu Fan.

‘’I just made you a shake and you’re already saying I can be a father?’’ he chuckled in disbelief as he playfully ruffled her neatly tied hair.

‘’Yah, it almost took me an hour to fix that?’’ she playfully twist his arm.

‘’You’re as strong as a buffalo now Krys.’’ He laughed. ‘’…I think you can go home already.’’

‘’Neh, I will be going home once I completed my therapy. It’s been two weeks, definitely boring!’’ she complained as she twisted his arm more.

‘’Yah, I thought you’re a lady, but you’re proving me wrong!’’ he irked in pain. Then his hand phone inside his pocket rang, the number belonged to Jong-In. ‘’Yeobosaeyo Jong-In?’’

Joo Hyun has finally awakened.

‘’N-Neh? Jong-In?’’ he briefly asked, he completely heard what he said but his voice was way too deep than he remember. ‘’Joo Hyun’s already awake?’’ he asked again, but the call has ended.

‘’Really? Seohyun-unnie has finally awakened?’’ Soo Jung asked smiling.

‘’N-neh.’’ He answered her, though the call still bothered him. ‘’So let’s go now? Nurses will be here anyway.’’

‘’Alright.’’ She agreed.

Both of them went out of the room and head to milady Kim’s room to pay visit.

When they’ve gotten into the milady’s room, they’ve found out that Joo Hyun was really awoken. She was staring blankly at the ceiling, while Jong-In was beside her holding her hand and was in a deep slumber.

Wu Fan then pushed Soo Jung’s wheel chair immediately to her bedside, and held the milady’s free hand. ‘’Hyun, finally you’re awake.’’ He couldn’t help but to grin wide seeing her finally safe.

‘’Neh, Seohyun-unnie. It’s a relief.’’ Soo Jung agreed to the mysterious gentleman’s statement. And then eventually noticed that Jong-In was still lying his head flat on her bedside despite the fact that they’ve arrived. She started to feel weird and asked her Wu Fan-oppa. ‘’Jong-in called you, right?’’

‘’Neh. Why?’’

‘’What on earth!’’ the heiress attempted to stand up from her wheel chair and reached Jong-In’s face. ‘Yah, Kim Jong-In!’’

But peculiarly, she received no response from the latter. So she slightly moved her wheelchair to his direction and shook him. ‘’Wake up!’’ then she saw a long scratch on his left armed and a needle infusion at the middle of it, she screeched in terror, ‘’Wu Fan-oppa!’’

Tear suddenly escaped from the milady’s eyes, they were unsure why. She was still looking blankly at the ceiling. She hasn’t even dared to take a look at them. ‘’Joo Hyun.’’ Wu Fan cupped her face as the tension enveloped the room.

‘’Oppa…’’ Soo Jung saw the hair’s hand phone under the milady’s bed. ‘’Go back to the twins room please!’’

And so he swiftly ran back to the Neonatal Intensive treatment unit to where the twins were confined. But the moment he stepped inside the room, the twins were not there anymore. The only thing left inside the room was a note stick in a nurse cap saying, If you want to become an heir, choose. You can never be both. You can never have it all.’

 

 

They were definitely in danger again. Gravely anxious that something might happen again, he ran back to Seohyun’s room to check-up on them.

Krystal was beside her Seohyun-unnie trying to talk to her. But the milady was just crying, still unable to talk and has seemingly awakened due to something bad.

‘’Probably, she has seen it happen.’’ The heiress spoke to him.

‘’Let her be Soo Jung. I think I know who did this.’’ He stood straight in front of them as he put all the details of the incidents that just happen to his loved ones. Certainly, Lay.

‘’If I’m not mistaken maybe it’s that Yi Xing again. It’s a relief that it’s only anesthesia this time. The twins? How are they?’’ she anxiously asked.

‘’He got them.’’