September Part 2

The Heir's Love Story

 

Soon as he left the incident, Lay drove his vehicle in a desolate lot few blocks away from the Kim family's mansion seeing how the household changed several months after the incident during the heir’s soiree.

 

Your family has completely recovered, eh? He chuckled, gazing piercingly at the main balcony of the Kim mansion where he usually views Jong-In, Wu Fan and Seohyun. The affluent kin’s household appeared firmer compared to what it was before. Several months ago, the grandiose mansion almost turned into ruin due to the rumpus he created. Kim family has recovered, and this is all because of Wu Fan-geges work, eh? Turning your back from the family who raised you and made you high and mighty as you are and wasting your precious capabilities to your family who despised your existence. He spitefully chuckled crossing his arms.

He looked at the orange sky as he remembered the first day he set his feet inside the Wu household. Lord Wu was very glad to introduce him to Wu Fan as his new younger brother, and he felt the same way as well. He was longing for a family all his life, the very reason why he wanted to escape the orphanage. It happened; he had someone more than he could ever imagine to adopt him but the family he imagined never once happened.

 

My name is Lay; please take care of me Wu Fan-gege.

 

I dont want to have a younger brother, so dont call me gege.

 

He continued looking over the place as the thought of the young milady who has been once close to her visited his thought. He grabbed on his chin. Kim Joo Hyun, how's my lovely partner? I hope to see you soon...or may be sooner. That bastard Sole Heir is sure lucky to have you as the mother of his child.

Few moments later, he left.

 

-----------

 

As soon as Wu Fan and Chanyeol brought Soo Jung in the nearest hospital, the mysterious gentleman called Jong-In and Seohyun at once.

"...Soo Jung got hit and run when we're about to eat lu -" Wu Fan was cut midway.

"What?" Jong-In growled anxiously. "Where are you guys now?"

"Here at Gangnam Severance hospital."

"How is she?"

"We're here outside the Emergency Operating room, doctors says she got her right arm fracture and her ribcage as well."

The heir did not let their conversation to get longer anymore.

"What happened?" Seohyun asked.

"Krys got hit by a car, she broke her ribcage, I think it's serious...I need to go." he dashed out of the room without even bidding farewell to her.

"W-wait! Let me go with -" she attempted to stop him wanting to accompany him but her womb suddenly cramped. Feeling the tension happening around them would usually cause this. She really couldn't feel extreme emotions whether it's being happy, or being sad or else she's going to have an earlier dangerous labor. It may seem not a problem, since it's already her birth month, but considering how fragile her pregnancy is she had no choice but to deliver her children in the safest place, in the most appropriate time. 

 

----------

Half an hour passed when few of the emergency medics who are aiding Soo Jung inside the emergency operating room went out.

Wu Fan kept uneasily pacing back and forth while Chanyeol was sitting flat on the floor just beside the entrance of the emergency operating room desperately praying that Soo Jung will be fine.

The mysterious gentleman immediately blocked one of the OR nurses, "Is Jung Soo Jung, okay?"

The nurse stared straight at him, and did not answer immediately, "Ms. Jung's operation is successful, please wait for Dr. Choi, he’ll shortly go out to let you know her condition."

"Okay." he looked down, trying his best to keep his composure as he grows more impatient on waiting for the physician to come out.

Few minutes later, Jong-In arrived in the hospital.

He rushed towards Wu Fan's way, grabbing his collar furious and anxious, "What happened to Krys?"

Wu Fan looked down at marbled floor, meeting his younger brother's dark orbs makes him feel more burdened. He was there at the exact same scene, but he was not able to protect her. The incident was so abrupt, but for him it was not enough reason that he feels neglectful. "Jong-In, Krys got hit and run by a passerby car." his voice trailed ending his sentence.

"How neglectful you are!" the heir balled his free hand, arched his arms to blow his older brother a punch when the trauma surgeon finally went out of the Emergency operating room,

"Hey Dr!" Chanyeol ran to him.

The siblings both averted their attention to the physician. Jong-In dropped his older brother's collar, hid his hands on his back, and rushed to the physician's direction as Wu Fan calmly walked behind him.

"Doc, how's Krystal?" Jong-In asked with his shaking voice.

The physician removed his mask, and wiped those balls of sweat that formed on his forehead with his arm, "She's safe now, but she still needs further observation since the patient's fracture in her midrib is serious, she might experience a series of organ hemorrhage, you know how delicate it would be for her internal organs since she broke her midrib especially her lungs and her heart. Ms. Jung needs to be confined here for a few weeks and undergo orthopedic therapy after two weeks from being confined here."

"Thank you doctor." the heir finally breathed in relief.

"Doctor Minho Choi." the physician extended his hand.

The heir shook the doctor's hand, "Thank you Dr. Choi."

The young surgeon looked at the other two gentlemen who were with the heir, "Who are those people who brought Ms. Jung here earlier?"

Both Wu Fan and Chanyeol raised their hand. The physician gave a confused look to the three of them, his attention lingered the longest to Wu Fan for recognizing that the Jung heiress was currently rumored dating Wu clan's heir and eventually asked Jong-In who was obviously the most panicky among the three of them. He asked Wu Fan, ‘’You are Wu Yi Fan, heiress Jung’s boyfriend am I right?’’

Jong-In got frozen on how bold the physician asked such thing in front of him. He wanted to claim that he’s the one who’s really in a relationship with Soo Jung, but he got tongue-tied.

The young surgeon shifted his attention to the heir who was in front of him; he looked at him from head-to-toe a little deranged why was the gentleman that was nearest to him was the one who reacts most anxious. ‘’You are Kim family’s Sole Heir, right? Jong-In? Why?’’

Why am I here and whats my concern here? Jong-In presumptively thought what the young surgeon might want to ask him.

‘’Yes, I am Wu Fan of China’s Wu Clan the one who’s dating Jung Soo Jung.’’ The mysterious gentleman proclaimed before his younger brother could answer Dr. Choi.

‘’Ah, yes…so the rumors are right. You two are dating.’’ Dr. Choi walked to Wu Fan’s direction, and patted the mysterious gentleman’s shoulder, ‘’…keep calm, Ms. Jung will be fine. Take care of her and just follow all the procedures and medications that I and the other doctors will prescribe her.’’

The heir glared spitefully at his older brother.

The mysterious gentleman swallowed the lump in his throat seeing how badly Jong-In looked at him before answering the young surgeon, ’’Certainly, t-that’s what I will do then.’’

Dr. Choi faced them all and respectfully bowed his head, ‘’Please excuse me gentleman.’’ He left.

Soon as the surgeon disappeared from their sight, Jong-In dodged his old brother to the ground and blew out his face with a punch. ‘’How dare you proclaim yourself as Krys’ boyfriend!’’

Wu Fan quickly grabbed his younger brother’s collar quickly switched their places, ‘’WHY? If I let you answer Dr. Choi, you will be the one to tell him that you are the one who’s in a relationship with Soo Jung? Think Jong-In! Everybody in the world knows that you are Kim Jong-In, Kim family’s Sole Heir who is married to Kim Joo Hyun!’’

The heir retrieved his collar from his older brother’s grip, ‘’So what?’’

‘’So what?’’ Wu Fan daggered his younger brother with a sharp stare, ‘’So what should you do? Aren’t you supposed to be worrying about your own family more than anyone else now? I know Soo Jung is also important to you, but it doesn’t mean that you have the right to neglect Joo Hyun at this point!’’

‘’Don’t you dare teach me that!’’ Jong-In shot back.

Wu Fan scornfully chuckled as he blew his fist at his younger brother’s face, ‘’I’ve just called in the mansion several minutes ago, it hasn’t been an hour Jong-In. Kim mansion isn’t that near here I bet you rushed here without thinking of what Joo Hyun might feel, isn’t that enough for me to feel spiteful at you.’’

‘’So you think you could win any girls’ heart with that, huh?’’ Jong-In spat blood on the side, wiping his cut lip.

‘’Please stop, the two of you. This isn’t the right time to argue.’’ Chanyeol finally got in between them as he helped his younger cousin to stand up. ‘’Kris-hyung, please don’t hurt Jong-In anymore.’’

‘’If he needs to be punched like that in order to gather himself together, I wouldn’t mind doing that every day.’’ The mysterious gentleman finally let out the bad feeling he has for his younger brother.

Jong-In shun Chanyeol’s hand away from him, ‘’No matter what you say to me right now, you’re the one to blame why Krys is here!’’

The animated gentleman held both of Jong-In’s shoulders and shook him, ‘’Goodness Jong-In! Do you think Krystal would be happy to see you fighting with Kris-hyung? Get a hold of yourself.’’

‘’Get off me!’’ the heir shrugged his hands off of him. ‘’I cannot let that Kris or Wu Fan be around Krys anymore…I’m worried what might happen next to her if I still let him be around her.’’

Though skeptical what really happened, Chanyeol argued,’’ What happened to Krys was pure accident!’’

Jong-In pinpointed Chanyeol’s chest furiously, ‘’Don’t dare to cover him up anymore Yeol-hyung! It came from him that it was hit-and-run. Krys’ life isn’t safe here…it’s because this family only has danger for those people who are close to them and Krys is one. I cannot let one more ‘’ACCIDENT’’ to happen!’’

The animated gentleman was defeated; his younger cousin was right there was never a day of at ease since the incident happened in their household. Kim family had never lived in peace even once.

‘’Let me take care of Krys. It’s better if the two of you return to the mansion.’’ Jong-In firmly declared.

To no avail Wu Fan and Chanyeol weren’t able to defy Jong-In’s decision and returned home.

 

----------

 

‘’What happened to Soo Jung?’’Seohyun dashed to Wu Fan shortly as the gentlemen arrived in the mansion. She grabbed Wu Fan’s arm and carefully examined it, ‘’…aren’t you hurt too, huh?’’ then she faced Chanyeol, ‘’Channie, aren’t you hurt?’’

‘’No noona, I’m fine. Nothing bad happened to me and to Kris-hyung.’’ He assured her, then his voice trailed off, ‘’…it’s only Krys who was in danger.’’

‘’Goodness, how is she now?’’ she covered in surprise.

‘’The doctor said that she’s fine, but she broke her ribcage so we can’t say that she’s all okay.’’

‘’Now I understand why Jong-In suddenly went out without saying a word.’’

Ive guessed it right; he surely left his own wife here. Wu Fan held Joo Hyun’s hand and led her at the mansion’s main lounge to sit comfortably. ‘’You shouldn’t be stressing yourself, Hyun.’’ He reminded her.

‘’I know Oppa, but the situation won’t let me.’’ She started pacing forward again, biting her finger nails obviously worried about the heiress’ situation. ‘’Is Soo Jung’s condition that serious? I mean she isn’t 50-50 like what I am thinking, right?’’

‘’No, she’s safe but only needs to undergo further examinations.’’ The mysterious gentleman pulled her on his side and put his hand on her baby bump. ‘’Please, quit over-thinking. your anxiety won’t do anything good to them.’’

 

‘’Sorry, I just can’t help it. The way Jong-In ran that way made me think that she at her worse condition.’’

Wu Fan cannot help himself not to fall angry at his neglectful younger brother. He clenched his fist inside his trouser’s pocket not wanting her to feel additional useless pressure that will be no good to her condition and her infant’s condition. You shouldnt be doing this to her Jong-In, especially now.

‘’Noona.’’ Chanyeol adhered to their conversation, ‘’I really don’t know but I think it wasn’t really an accident.’’

‘’What do you mean Chanyeol? That there’s someone who planned to hit Soo Jung?’’

The animated gentleman briefly gazed on Wu Fan and nodded.

‘’Who could it be? Some Jung family competitor?’’

Chanyeol shook his head, and voiced his intuition, ‘’I’m not sure, but I think I’ve seen the man who bumped her before. I’m not sure if it’s during Jong-In’s birthday celebration or someone you became friends with in SNUH.’’

Zhang Yi Xing? Seohyun narrowed her eyebrows, ‘’Is he fair skinned? Someone who looks calm? Zhang Yi Xing?’’

‘’I cannot recall his name but that man physically is fair skinned but he has scar on his face and someone who looks ironically calm if I based it to what he did.’’ The animated gentleman thought about his words carefully.

‘’Yi Xing, he is. Definitely!’’ She confirmed and faced the mysterious gentleman again. ‘’I thought Yi Xing is in Shen Zhen and is still paralyzed Wu Fan-oppa? Do you know something about this again’’ she began prying the mysterious gentleman, as her skepticism from the latter was stirred again.

‘’I don’t – ‘’ he shrugged, but she cut his sentence midway.

 

‘’I will not accept that kind of answer Wu Fan-oppa. I know he is your brother, but please…if Yi Xing’s here certainly something bad is going to happen to my family again.’’

It battled in his mind whether to admit that he saw Lay in his own eyes this time or not. But he decided that it cannot be helped since honesty will be the only way to maintain Kim family’s safety. ‘’Y-yes, I’ve seen him but no one from my Wu family has been contacting me for months already ever since Wu-harabeoji started to despise me when I chose to stay here and help out in the company.’’

The animated gentleman skeptically looked at him as well.

And like how he expected them to react, Lay’s doing has given him another burden. ‘’I will not explain myself anymore…’’ he faintly told them.

‘’I’m not going to force you Oppa.’’ she reached out for his hand, and apologized, ‘’Sorry.’’

‘’I understand that it’s really hard to become a Wu and a Kim at the same time, Hyung.’’ The animated gentleman patted his shoulder. ‘’…I think its right to investigate about that Yi Xing, but not now.’’ Then he gripped on her arm, ‘’Better if we let Seohyun-noona rest this time. You know pregnant woman cannot be tired and cannot over think over things as well.’’

Then the gentleman carefully led Milady Kim up to her room.

 

 

 

It was already midnight when Soo Jung gained her consciousness; she was awaken when she felt that someone’s fingers were interlaced with hers.

 

Wu Fan-oppa? she thought as he was the last person who was with her and would probably hold her hand like that. The hospital room was dark, all the lights were closed and only the light that was inside the slightly opened wash room was the source of light. She slowly opened her eyes and saw Jong-In sitting on the chair lying his head next to hers.

 

‘’Jong-In.’’ she faintly muttered. Why are you here? Her eyes glistened. It has been a month since she started going out with her Kris-oppa, but deep inside no one has really replaced Jong-In inside her heart. She looked at their hands joined together. It wouldve been nice if we are holding each others hands like this before everything has turned out this way. Our lives werent perfect, but at least its wasnt this complicated unlike now.

 

She watched him sleep for a moment, she didn’t want to disturb Jong-In for it was written on his face that he had been drained for what had happened that day. Do you really care that much about me? Then she softly scratched his head and faintly whispered to him. ’’Hey.’’

 

Jong-In snuggled his head on her shoulder, he was surely in the middle of his slumber so she woke him up again, as she scratched his crown once more, ‘’Hey.’’

 

He slowly opened his eyes and eventually met with hers. It was dark, but Soo Jung’s orbs were of as big and sparkling as of a cat that he knew that she was already awoken.

 

‘’Krys.’’ A smile slowly crept on his face now that the heiress was finally awake. He almost tear up and just hugged her, ‘’I’m glad you’re awake.’’

 

She tried to shift her weight to his direction but instantly felt the pain of her midrib incision, ‘’Jong-In, not too tight.’’ She irked.

 

‘’I’m sorry Krys.’’ He loosened his grip to her.

 

‘’Why are you here?’’ she suddenly asked.

 

‘’To take care of you of course, what kind of question is that?’’ he chuckled in disbelief.

 

‘’You should have stayed with Hyun-unnie.’’

 

‘’Can we please not talk about her now? Krystal, please rest.’’ He became annoyed but did not want to argue with her anymore. ‘’Let me take care of you this time.’’

 

‘’Our butlers can take care of me Jong-In.’’ she shot back in a faint manner.

 

‘’Just rest please. This isn’t the right time to shoo me off away from you.’’ He held her hand with both of his, ‘’Can you please think about yourself just for this time?’’

 

She slowly withdraw her hand from his grip, ‘…’my injury isn’t that serious, you should’ve just let some of my nannies take care of me.’’

 

‘’They’re here, your mom’s even going to be here after two days…but you couldn’t let me not to worry about you. I cannot entrust you with anyone now, hit-and-run? And you received a Midrib surgery even a kid knows how serious it is Krys’’

 

She attempted to sat up to make him believe that her condition isn’t that bad but he just pushed her back to lie down again, and scolded her ‘’Enough of that, no more dates with you Kris-oppa from now on.’’

 

‘’Are you insane?’’

 

‘’I’m still sane Krys, that’s why I will not let him be around you anymore.’’

 

‘’Kris-oppa didn’t do anything. It was an accident.’’ She defended the mysterious gentleman.

‘’That’s the problem, he did not do anything to protect you.’’

 

‘’Everything was abrupt, Jong-In.’’

 

‘’It doesn’t matter; I’ve decided…you’re not going to go out on dates with that Wu Fan anymore.’’

 

She did not continue to argue anymore.                                    

 

 

Three days passed by and Jong-In did not visit the mansion even once. Milady Joo Hyun forced Wu Fan to accompany her to go to Gangnam Severance Hospital to pay visit to Krystal. He tried to stop her by telling that it’s not good for her to travel into places anymore since anytime within two weeks she will already give birth to her twins but as usual Joo Hyun won’t let him win over her decisions.

 

‘’Hey, we shouldn’t stay here for long.’’ He reminded her as he knocked at the door where Krystal was confined.

 

‘’Alright, alright!’’ she did not want to argue with him anymore since it was the umpteenth time that the mysterious gentleman reminded him of the same thing. He held on to her wrist as they wait for the door to open.

 

‘’Goo –‘’ Jong-In was about to greet the person who was in the other side of the door when Wu Fan appeared in front of him as he opened the door. His facial expression suddenly dulled off. ‘’Oh…’’

 

‘’Good morning.’’ The mysterious gentleman greeted the younger gentleman formally. ‘’…Joo Hyun wants to visit Soo Jung, I just accompanied her.’’

 

‘’Hello. Good morning!’’ Seohyun appeared from Wu Fan’s back and waved her hand to Jong-In.

 

He let them go inside the room though it was obvious that he doesn’t want his older brother’s presence around Krystal.

 

Soo Jung was still sleeping soundly, she just undergone series of her organ check-ups the previous evening which made her restless.

 

‘’How is she?’’ Seohyun asked.

 

‘’Still recovering, she just slept few hours ago. Doctors were doing organ check-ups every night; they’re worried that she might be experiencing organ hemorrhages. They’ve been monitoring her internal organs especially her lungs since it’s the nearest thing that can be damage next to her midrib.’’ Jong-In answered.

 

‘’Oh God…’’ the milady was shocked; she did not know how to properly empathize with Jong-In’s feelings. She’s been anxiously waiting for him to come visit her for three days in a row, feeling jealous that he never visited her once ever since the incident happened to Krystal. Hence, she had no choice but to understand and pave way for her situation no matter how jealous she was to the heiress.

Wu Fan let go of Seohyun’s wrist and went nearer to Krystal’s bedside. ‘’Soo Jung, please get well soon. I promise to treat you ice cream this time…just please, wake up.’’ he tried to touch her face but Jong-In pulled the collar of his long sleeves from behind and pulled him away from her.

 

‘’Don’t you dare, I’m not going to let her go out with you ever!’’ the heir sternly warned her.

 

Wu Fan shrugged his hand off of him, ‘’…who are you to forbid her?’’ he argued.

 

Jong-In looked at Seohyun before answering him. Her face was anxious and her complexion was paler than how pale she is. It took him a brief moment to think of how to answer back to his older brother. Should I care about her, or should I care more about Krys now?

 

‘’Guys, please no more fights anymore.’’ Joo Hyun finally got in between them.

 

‘’Don’t worry, there will be no fights for as long as he is going to act right, Hyun.’’ Wu Fan assured her.

 

‘’Wu Fan-oppa…’’ a faint voice suddenly called on him. ‘’Wu Fan-oppa!’’ It was Krystal.

 

‘’Krys…’’ the mysterious gentleman tried to approach her but he was blocked by Jong-In and was pushed away.

 

‘’Hey, she’s calling me.’’ He tried to pursue his way to the heiress once more but this time Jong-In’s annoyance towards him finally went to top and punched his face hard that he fell on the floor.

 

‘’Hey! Please!’’ Seohyun screeched in top of her lungs as she attempted to bend over and help Wu Fan stand up. The mysterious gentleman suddenly stood up and aimed back a full blow to his younger brother.

 

‘’Jong-In, there’s no place for your childish selfishness this time! Act right!’’ Wu Fan roared at his younger brother as he gave him a solid punch on his face.

 

‘’You should be the one to know where to place yourself freak!’’ Jong-In did not nudge too much with his pain.

 

The half brothers were unstoppable that they mercilessly exchanged heavy blows to one another. Neither of them wanted to lose to the other. Until the milady Kim cannot withstand them and got in between them.

 

‘’Jong-In, Wu Fan! Please the two of you –‘’ she shouted shielding the mysterious gentleman as the heir assented another blow. The mysterious gentleman tried to catch his younger brother’s fist but he was too abrupt, Seohyun already fell on the ground.

 

 Everyone got frozen in their places as blood stained the granite flooring.

 

‘’YAH!’’ the mysterious gentleman scooped the milady on the floor and called Chayeol. ‘’Yeol, please call the medics!’’

 

Without any word the animated gentleman dashed out of the room and began screaming help in the hospital hallway.

 

‘’Hyun! Hyun!’’ the mysterious gentleman anxiously called her name letting her rest in his arms. Blood kept flowing between her thighs.

 

‘’Joo Hyun-unnie…’’ Krystal faintly called unto her as she struggled to extend her hand to reach onto the poor milady, while Jong-In got pinned in his place devastated to his own deed. He cannot open his mouth and say another word or screech another sound. His hands were trembling, scared of what might happen to the milady and to the infants inside her womb.

 

‘’I-I…’’ he suddenly fell into his knees reaching the milady’s feet.

 

‘’Both of you, please stop fighting.’’ Seohyun faintly spoke to them, as she attempted to extend her hand to reach his husband’s, but everything suddenly went blurred for her as she awfully feel painful that she closed her eyes.

 

The mysterious gentleman hushed the milady as he tears started to trail of from his dark orbs. ‘’Hyun, please don’t talk anymore…’’

 

‘’I-I’m sorry.’’ Jong-In whispered

 

A/N: Srorry for the long wait my dear Reader-nims! I'm a bad author-nim for making you wait this long :(