The Elites' Gossip

The Heir's Love Story

 

 

Sunrise was already scorching when Jong-In saw Krystal and Wu Fan in the hospital’s garden. The two were sitting side-by-side having their short sound nap.

It was obviously an unpleasant sight for him.

‘’Krystal Jung!’’ he roared the her name from a distant as he approached them.

The heiress was not really in a deep slumber that she immediately heard the heir’s furious voice from afar. She has nothing to hide so she sat still beside the mysterious gentleman as she waits for the heir to approach them.

For her, being with Wu Fan was like being with the most comfortable friend she could ever be with. Even if she and Jong-In has been best friends for years, she never felt the same serene feeling for she held one-sided feelings for him all along.

“Krystal Jung!’’ the heir forcefully grabbed the her by the mysterious gentleman’s side the moment he reached them. ‘’You left me all night inside that hospital room and the next thing I know you’re even flirting with this Mr. Wu here!’’ he began nagging at her, ‘’…is this some kind of a joke Krys?’’

‘’Do we look like joking in here Jong-In?’’ she sarcastically asked him back as she reclaimed her arm from his grip. She briefly looked at Wu Fan by her side who was disturbed from his sound sleep, ‘’I’m really sorry Wu Fan-oppa.’’ she faced the heir again and asked, ‘’did the two of you talked properly?’’

‘’What do you mean talk Krys?’’ he screeched, ‘’Do I have something to talk about with her?’’

‘’Idiot! That’s why we left the both of you in there he whole night…for the both of you to talk things out because you have a lot of things to talk about!’’ she stood up and started pinching the heir’s ear aggressively. ‘’Don’t tell me you just fought endlessly last night, because I know you very well Kim Jong-In!’’

‘’Ah, ouch!’’ he protested trying to save his ear from the heiress violent way of punishment. ‘’Krys, if you’re thinking that I am the one who initiated our argument last night, I wasn’t! She’s the one who kept nagging nonsense at me. I really don’t understand her, I –‘’

‘’You will not really understand her because you don’t really like to listen to her.’’ The heiress countered her reasoning before he could finish his statement. ‘’Am I right Kim Jong-In?’’

Her tone appeared prying for him so he defended himself, ‘’Please call me Kai, Krys…I’m really not used of you calling me that way…believe me or not I even stopped her from creating an argument last night, we did not fight…’’

He suddenly remembered the queer familiar feeling he felt when he laid his head on Joo Hyun’s tummy. He could not convey it properly, he suddenly felt awkward that he immediately diverted his gaze to the ground and continued, ‘’…we did no talk, we just slept the whole night…that’s all.’’

‘’Don’t pry him that much Soo Jung.’’ Wu Fan reached for the heiress’ other hand. ‘’…he’s saying the truth. They’ve slept peacefully together, we’ve seen them, right?’’

Jong-In did not like how the mysterious gentleman reached for the heiress’ other hand, the older gentleman’s every gesture appears irritating for him so he pulled Soo Jung by his side. He was really possessive. ‘

'’Hey! Hands off of my fiancée!’’ he furiously forewarned the mysterious gentleman.

 

He appeared funny in front of his older brother - the usual possessive Kim Jong-In. He might be in a state of psychological denial but his ways says that he is still Kim Jong-In and that they should not lose hope that one day, he will realize that he needs to go back from his own self and face the reality that he is Kim family’s Sole Heir, and not another person.

So Wu Fan started playing on him, stood up and grabbed Soo Jung’s other arm in order to annoy him. ‘’I’m sorry, but she just told me last night that she’s not your fiancée Jong-In.’’ he smirked confidently.

The mysterious gentleman briefly beckoned the heiress to just go with the flow with there current situation and act annoyingly in front of the heir alongside with him.

‘’’Hey! I thought you are in love with that milady Kim there?’’ he pushed the mysterious gentleman away from them.’’ Then the next thing I know you’re hitting on my Krys? If you have a problem with me in the past let’s settle it man-to-man not this way, you’re hitting on my girl. You should stop before I turn your face into an ugly one!’’

My cocky younger brother. The mysterious gentleman let out a sarcastic laugh humiliating his younger brother.

‘’I’m single, can I not date someone I like?’’ Wu Fan raised an eyebrow as he began mocking Jong-In. ‘’I thin you’re the one who has a problem, aren’t you the one denying your own wife?’’

‘’So you’re really hitting on Krys?’’ the heir chuckled in disbelief as he automatically threw a punch on the mysterious gentleman’s face.

Fortunately, Kris was able to block it with his huge hand. ‘’Do you really think that I am that easy Kim Jong-In?’’

Them mysterious gentleman suites to act cockily, it complements his cold appearance.

He started prying his younger brother, ‘…’don’t act like you’re all loyal to your ‘’Fiancée’’ Jong-In, you’ve slept beside Joo Hyun, right? Soo Jung and I have seen it.’’

Jong-In was completely annoyed to Wu Fan, he really wanted to erase the mysterious gentleman's face with his knuckles and at the same time he was extremely anxious of what Soo Jung might think, he tried to explain himself to the heiress, "Krys, let me explain, I and Joo Hyun...i-it's not like that, it's not what you think, I -"

The heiress raised an eyebrow, and did not let him finish his sentence, "Jong-In, there's no reason for you to explain it. I've seen it with my own eyes."

"It's not really what you think, please don't be jealous Krys..."

"We're not in a television drama Jong-In." she chuckled in disbelief, "...it's okay, you don't REALLY have to explain anything."

The heir switched his attention to the mysterious gentleman again, this time, he glared at him directly with his furious orbs. "Don't listen to this idiot! Krys, please don't believe to this jerk!"

"If you still don't remember, aside from you, Wu Fan-oppa is also VERY DEAR to me."

"Krystal Jung...let's, let's just go home now." Jong-In forcefully pulled the heiress arm and dragged her together with him away from the Wu Fan as he hold onto his remaining patience before he completely lose his composure.

"Wu Fan-oppa, let's just exchange messages!" Soo Jung screeched from afar as she waved her hand. "I still have the same number! Annyeong!"

Thus, Wu Fan and Soo Jung were successful in letting out Jong-In's impatient, and jealous side.

They should do it more often in order to make him remember every bits of his own self.

 

----------

 

"Wu Fan-oppa, where have you been the whole night?" Joo Hyun instantly asked as Wu Fan entered the room of her hospital room.

"I was just out the whole night in the city, Hyun." he replied, weirdly smiling as he approached the milady. "Did you sleep well last night?"

"I did." she plainly answered.

He patted her head as he sat beside her. "What do you want to eat for breakfast Hyun?"

"I'm not hungry oppa." she answered in a low tone.

"I thought you slept well. Why do you look like you're not okay?" he grntly held her chin and made her face him. "What happend between you two last night?"

Joo Hyun could not look at Wu Fan's eyes directly for nothing proper has been talked about between the both of them.

"What happend last night, Hyun?"

"Nothing..." she answered half whispering.

"You mean, you guys endured not talking with each other the whole evening?" 

"We talked." she plainly respond once more.

"Then what did you talked about, Hyun?"

"Nothing."

She was obviously feeling heavy hearted for remembering her night with Jong-In. It was a whole long evening, and they just wasted it with their argument without even initiating to settle things out.

Remembering her she acted during the evening made her feel disappointed of herself. She was the one who did not set her pride aside and was the one who did not want to listen to the other, which left Jong-In to only stop her from her continuous whining. Thus, they had time together, only that.

She was really down, she cannot hide it from Wu Fan since he studied everything about her in each passing day that they're together.

 

He could be even called as her husband more than anyone else. But unfortunately, the young woman that he loves belonged to someone else already - to his doangsaeng Jong-In.

"You tell me what's wrong."

Undeafining silence filled the room, as Joo Hyun kept his question hanging.

He hates to see this kind of sadness towards the milady. She suffered long enough, he's already fed up seeing her miserable for a long time and he could not bear to see her turn into a more miserable person all because of Jong-In.

He wrapped his long arms around her tummy as he buried his face on her long dark hair.

"Okay, let's not talk about it." he affirmed and switched to another subject, "I spent the whole night with Soo Jung, Hyun. I had fun because we ate ice cream and strolled in the streets the whole evening."

It took her another moment to react from the latter's story. It's all new to her that her Wu Fan-oppa went out with someone other than her. He is not her possession but it kind of make her flinch inside. It was okay for her, though she did not really like the idea of her Wu Fan-oppa with another girl.

"With Krystal..."she said flatly.

"What's wrong with it, Hyun?" he was completely thrown by her tone. "She and I are also good friends."

She heaved a deep sigh of disappointment, though he cannot fully fathom what was really wrong with what he just told her.

He strongly sensed it and only wanted her to tell it straight. "Tell me what's wrong."

"Nothing." she denied once more.

"Then why are you like that Hyun?" he tried to pry the milady, "Aren't you happy that we gave you plenty of time being together?"

"Or you're the one who became really happy for having plenty of time together with Krystal?" she throw his own question back to him.

He was really surprised with her kind of attitude she was showing him. It's not so like her.

He held her shoulder but the latter shrugged it off. "Seriously, is there something wrong Hyun?"

"You left me all alone here last night and spent time with Soo Jung. Oppa, you're really too much." 

"You're not alone Hyun, you're with Jong-In last night. Can't I not have alone time with another companion once in a while?"

 

He's right, though Joo Hyun has always been by his side it does not mean that he could not meet or hang out with another companion. The mysterious gentleman is not her possession after all.

"I just don't like it." she meekly admitted.

 

Thus, it was queer for him. It was really surprising that the milady would complain about such matter.

"Are you jealous of Soo Jung, Hyun?" he asked jesting as he attempted to lighten up the mood between them.

He received a plain nod from her.

"It's not because I've always been by your side and you know what I truly feel about you means that you feel the same way as mine. Once he gained back everything and realized that you're waiting for him, you'll see the difference Hyun."

He received an unexpected kiss on his cheek from her, "Oppa, I'm not used of hearing stories of you having time with another girl."

"Krys is a friend Hyun...also a dear dongsaeng to me." he felt the tension building up inside him as he processed the brief kiss he just received from her.

"Whoever she is to you, I still don't like the idea of you being around with another girl."

"Hyun, what's this? Don't you think you're becoming selfish that way?"

"I-I don't have anyone beside me now. Jong-In, and...And I don't know where will I run to if I lose you." she blurted another confession again.

Knowing these things from her, he's really happy. But he already predicted it that he will never be the only one and the first person inside her heart even if Joo Hyun happens to fall in love with him already.

He embraced her tight and muttered to her ear, "You can't love two people at the same time, never."

"How could you say that? How did you know?"

"I see it clearly, Hyun." he tugged her tighter from her waist as he buried his face on her neck.” I’m already okay taking care of you this way. I'm not asking you anything."

"But what if I still choose to be with you even if Jong-In comes back to me?"

"Then answer your own question once he comes back to you."

Wu Fan already set his mind and accepted his fate. Though her surprising response to him being with another girl undeniably made his heart skipped a beat of happiness once reality gets back into them he knew that Joo Hyun will go.

Thus, he prepared himself ahead of time.

------------

Breaking news: Wu family's Wu Yi Fan and Samsung's Heiress Jung Soo Jung caught dating in streets of Seoul.

 

Jong-In temper atop him and automatically threw the remote control of the huge LED screen as he cannot take the headlines of the evening news each channels.

The news of Wu Fan dating Soo Jung already spread in the entire Korea and will soon spread all over the world just because of a one whole evening of them being together.

"Hey! It's not because I can replace the LED screen by tomorrow morning means you can ruin every appliances of this mansion, Jong-In!" Soo Jung shouted furiously at the heir as she picked up the remote control on the carpeted floor.

"Then you tell me how should I react!" he stood from the couch and went near her. "Why Krys? You left me there all night with a pregnant woman I barely even know then the next thing that's going to smack my head is that my fiancée is having a good time with another man!"

She sternly looked up and face him, "For your information Jong-In, Joo Hyun-unnie is not a woman you barely even know, and again I was never your fiancée so whether that news is true or entirely made up by the media it's alright!"

"See?" He gritted his teeth and clinched both of his fists in frustration."...so you really enjoyed those piggyback moments with that Wu Fan, and you really don't care about how I feel about it,"

"If I don't care about you then I should've just left you in the mansion before." she shot back immediately. It's not that she doesn't really care about him; she cares about him more than anything else. It's just that, for her, his real happiness matters the most. And that real happiness is going to happen once he comes back into his own family, when he comes back to his wife. Thus, Soo Jung also needs to find her own happiness which is clearly not with Jong-In.

"Then why do you keep on pushing me away Krys?" he knelt down in front of her and held her shoulders, "Isn't it enough that I only look at you now?"

"Jong-In..." she began as she bit her lower lip trying to put on the appropriate words to tell him inside her mind. "...I never want you to feel bad because of me. But I also want to be happy."

"I'm here, we are together." he embraced her, "What's the problem with us?"

"There were never us even before, Jong-In. You should remember that I'm only Jung Soo Jung your all-time partner in crime in the past. But there was never us."

‘’When we left you inside the room, don’t tell me you didn’t feel anything that night.’’

He was tongue tied for a moment as he remembered what happened between him and the milady when they were intentionally locked up inside the hospital room. He would definitely lie to Krystal if he tells him that he despised that evening.

Tears started to trail down her cheeks. Soo Jung cannot help it. Again, she admitted her real stance in his life - the reality which contradicts her dream of being with him.

‘’We did not fight, but that doesn’t really matter to me.’’ He tugged her even tighter. "Can't we be more than that now?"

"I wish we can.” she confessed. "...but we couldn't. I'm sorry."

She freed herself from him, stood up and left him inside the room. It has been the nth time that she got her heart broken because of him, and it always hurts like the first time every time it happens.

Soo Jung immediately went upstairs inside her room and laid herself in her bed as she cried her feelings out.

 

 

Hours passed and it was already midnight. Soo Jung's eyes were puffy because of crying when she received an SMS from her Wu Fan-oppa.

'The news is funny. Were you able to watch it? I'm bored. Let's see each other again tomorrow. Mind if you bring Jong-In here in the hospital again? I want to each blueberry cheesecake ice cream tomorrow, my treat this time.'