Time Like Breeze Part 2

The Heir's Love Story

Afternoon came and it was time for Jong-In and Soo Jung to visit the young sought after physician Dr. Xi Luhan.

 

Jong-In instead of resting, kept arguing with the heiress for the rest of the morning since he doesn't wanr to entrust his condition to a new physician. He thinks that he was all okay, when he and the young heiress was in California. He prefers living a peaceful and semi-extravagant lifestyle with Soo Jung and Mrs. Jung there despite the fact that he was having a hard time because of his distorted gait, occassional hearing loss, and occassional loss of sense of touch. It was all the because of the impact of what just happend to him from several months ago.

 

His current life is a big miracle already.

 

"Dissociative Disorder, it is, I cannot guarantee that I could help you. It depends on the severity of his situation. It's really up to him, I mean, if the patient is really willing to get better then that will be the time that I can give you assurance since the kind of disorder he has is more of like psychological defense mechanism, Ms. Jung." Dr. Xi straightforwardly said to the heiress as he finished examining Jong-In's hearing. Then he briefly turned to the younger man, "I see, that you're still having a hard time with your hearing, your left ear could hear less than the right one, right?"

 

"Yes." Jong-In briefly answered in his usual cold tone.

 

"But do you know that you're still fortunate you could still hear? Usually people in your case, couldn't recover their sense of hearing. Worse is that they'll live as a paralytic. It means that you still have a purpose to live." the deer-eyed young physician continued, as he did not divert his look into anyone, or anything inside the consultation room. His full attention was in to Jong-In.

 

He did not like the tone of the young physician. He already unwillingly went to him for a check-up, and by the way he talks, he sensed over familiarity which did not complement his usual smug nature.

 

He briefly gave the young physician his usual stern look, as he started conversing with the heiress, "Jung Soo Jung, I thought you're going to bring me to an effective physician..."

 

Then he mockingly stared at him,"... why did you bring me to a priest?"

 

As he stood up from his seat, trying his best to make his gait to appear normal.

 

Indeed, it's Kim Jong-In and his scornful nature.

 

The heiress stopped him and made him sit down once again, and initially gave him a stern forewarning beam, and said, "Being rude at this point won't do you no good Jong-In. It's been months, and your life is like a miracle right now. You're fortunate that you did not became a paralytic for a lifetime. Why can't you just cooperate with Dr. Xi for your own good?"

 

The young lad stubbornly swung off the heiress' hands on his shoulders, "I just want to go back to California Soo Jung, doctors are way better there, it's more peaceful there...I cannot understand you why do we have to go back here in Seoul, you even say that this place wouldn't be safe for me before. But now we're here and I you're obliging me to take medications and attend some counseling by this Mr. Xi!"

 

He then stubbornly stood up, and slightly pushed Soo Jung who was blocking his way.

 

He was almost in front of the doorstep out of the said place when Krystal forcefully grabbed his left arm, and stopped him once more, "You're being too much Kim Jong-In! I can't tolerate you any longer."

 

Jong-In easily lost his balance due to his poor gait as he also completely lost his patience to the latter, he then furiously shout in her face, "Call me Kai, Krys! I told you I'm Kai!" he tried to stand up by himself. "...if you don't want me to be like this, let's go back to California and live our lives there!"

 

If only Jong-In knew that Seoul wasn't just a place where all the danger is awaiting him, but also his life, his family, and the new family he created with his wife. The city may be the place where he experienced his current miserable state, but it's also the place where his wife as well as his unborn twins was waiting for him. Seohyun needs him already, his unborn twins already needs a father.

On the other hand, Soo Jung got halted with the latter's statement. He was right, she kept telling him that he has to live his life away from Seoul when he was still recovering in California together with her and her mother Mrs. Jung.

 

At first, the young heiress only knew that the latter only developed combination of Anterogate and Retrogate amnesia, since he doesn't completely forgot his entire identity, and as his American physician diagnosed his case. She was still looking forward towards her best companions eventual regaining of memory.

 

But as months pass, he slowly developed impaired gait, occasional loss of his sense of touch, occasional loss of his sense of hearing, and the worse was when he once even loss his sense of sight for almost three days which was one of the signs that his Dissociative Disorder was at its terminal stage. Also, it became noticeable that Jong-In easily gets irritated whenever she gets to talk to him about his past. He became extra temperamental, and was seemingly developing dual personality.

 

Hence, Dissociative Disorder is a mental state more difficult to fix than a mere Amnesia. Since the person with this kind of mental disorder would tend to create their own personality with their own will to cover up for their traumatic past or experience.

 

----------

Joo Hyun and Wu Fan arrived a little late in the hospital since the young milady experienced a brief bleeding due to exhaustion.

 

The mysterious gentleman was all anxious supporting the young lady's gait as they slowly walk their way inside the hospital.

 

People who recognize them as personalities, especially the mysterious gentleman who was left with no choice but to take over the Kim family's company due to Grand Master's health condition.

 

It's Wu Fan, the other older brother Kim, and Kim Joo Hyun. So it looks like they are together. It has only been months since the Kim Jong-In disappeared, right? Poor Sole Heir, his wife's been messing around him all this time.

 

The two, whenever they go out for random check-ups or whenever Wu Fan send-off and fetch Joo Hyun in SNUH during her internship were often misjudged that Joo Hyun's depressed state got worst. She experienced bleeding for a few times already due to exhaustion and depression. Her pregnancy was put at stake, she even have to go to psychiatrist and OBGyn at the same time whenever it's time for her monthly check up. Good thing the young Dr. Xi Luhan is a physician of these two specialties.

 

"Don't mind those people, Hyun. They don't know what they're saying." Wu Fan uttered as he slowly guides the young milady on the hospital's walkthrough.

 

Seohyun could only project a faint smile for being hurt with other people's words towards her for she knows herself that she loves Her husband, and it's her heart still belongs to her husband despite of his absence.

 

For her, though Wu Fan already stayed longer by her side those several months when she and the Sole Heir were together were still the best days of her life. Those moments with her husband were her life. Thought she also feels bad towards the mysterious gentleman, she still finds it unfair to his part if she's going to give a chance to him, if all she could offer is friendship, she will never give him love in return but just a mere sympathy.

 

"Oppa, let's just walk a little faster. Don't worry I already get used to them. For as long as we know what we are to each other, I'm already okay." she tried to fasten her pace, but the mysterious gentleman stopped her from doing so.

 

"You can't walk that fast." he waved his hand to an approaching hospital clerk who was arranging wheelchairs and got a wheel chair for the young milady and beckoned her to sit down. "Here, much better you know that you can't do sprint walks anymore... as if you're not carrying twins inside that tummy of yours."

 

"Kamsahamnida Wu Fan-oppa." she gave the latter a declining look." Dr. Xi's room is just at the second to the last room of this hallway, I think I can -"

 

He already predicted that the latter would decline his offer so he forcefully made her sit down in the wheelchair and started pushing it for her, "If you're thinking that they're making me feel bad. Just don't mind them Hyun. Those babies inside your tummy are more important for me."

 

"I'm sorry for always making you worry about me Oppa."

 

"We're family, Hyun. We're family, and it's just natural for me to do this for you...sooner I'll become a Samchon (uncle) to those two, so you need to be a lot careful since it's their seventh month, you know how fragile your state now." he uttered, obviously trying his best to lighten up the tension between the two of them.

 

After a minute of talk they finally arrived in front the door of Dr. Xi's office. The mysterious gentleman was about to knock when both of them heard loud arguments from the other side of the door.

 

"Calm down Mr. Kim, please try to listen to the people around you. Not all of them are going to hurt you...accept the fact that you need to face reality and what has scarred your past."

 

"Tell me Dr. Xi Luhan, how can I possibly be treated from this place if I'm being restless thinking about sparing my life from danger? It will only make me ill!"

 

They heard the familiar growling voice that made the young milady froze from her seat. "J-jong-In."

 

"You cannot escape reality forever Mr. Kim Jong-In."

 

Even Wu Fan got frozen in his stance that his hand turned weak that it cannot turn the knob of the door that he was about to open. "That voice, my dongsaeng..."

 

"No...No! We better go back to California. I'll get better there. Krystal, this place is no good. Let's go back to California."

 

"Let go of me, Jong-In. Dr. Xi's right, you can't escape reality forever. Please don't be stubborn anymore and help yourself. You'll never be treated if you will not help yourself first."

 

"Krys, call me Kai! I'm Kai, why do you keep on calling me Jong-In."

 

The three loud voices from the back of the door was suddenly over powered by loud banging of the door. It was so obvious that there's trouble happening just behind the door that was in front of him.

 

Seohyun suddenly reached the door knob to open the door herself. Her heart was like auto magically enlightened by just hearing the voice of her husband.

 

"Oppa, it's him. Let me open it my -." She completely stood up from the wheelchair, twisted the doorknob and was about to open the door when somebody forcefully opened it from the inside that made her fell forward from someone.

 

"Krystal Jung let's -" he furiously screeched to the heiress as he forcefully grabs her arm and opened the door of the young physician's office when suddenly someone fell off which made him fell flat on the floor.

 

"You cannot - " Soo Jung tongue got instantly halted the moment she saw the woman who fell onto Jong-In and the man who was seemingly frozen standing in front of the office door.

 

She couldn't blink her eyes, as her lips started trembling in astonishment, and maybe out of fear, she muttered almost incoherently as she simultaneously looked at the two familiar faces she have never seen for some time, "K-Kris-oppa, J-joo Hyun-unnie."

 

The heir was irking in pain that he fell flat on the floor and because the person who fell on him was a bit heavier than of a normal person. His gait wasn't still as stable as before so he tried to reach the heiress' hand as he stubbornly growled her name again, "Krystal Jung!"

 

The young heiress could move an inch nor a facial muscle as the mysterious gentleman shot her an intent stern look.

 

On the other hand, as if no people around the two of them, and as if nothing had happened to her. The young milady faced her husband and gave him a big warm hug she longed to do from a very long time.

 

She missed him so much. It was very difficult for her to live each day with his absence. She felt empty for seven months. She longed for a husband who was supposed to look after her as she carries their unborn children.

 

"Jong-In ah..." she called his name as tears started to fall from her eyes. She even tightened her embrace to welcome that familiar person she missed for a long while - her husband.

 

"Where have you been?" she faintly asked as tears was still gushing from her eyes.

 

She then slightly retracted herself from the latter to face her, and asked him again, "Where have you been all this time?"

 

Instead of an answer, what she saw was a Jong-In who was furrowing his eyebrows, with eyes questioning her that as if she's not a familiar to him.

 

"Jong-In ah, how have you been?" she almost incoherently asked as she saw the indifference from his dark orbs.

 

He slightly tilted his head, puzzled by the young lady who just bowled over him. "Who are you?"

 

He then faced the heiress, and successfully grabbed her hand this time. "Aren't you going to help me stand Stal?" then he briefly faced the young milady, and removed the young milady's arms that was around his neck at that very moment.

 

"I'm sorry..." he briefly looked at Seohyun's stomach, "...but do we even know each other, Mrs.?"

 

She was expecting a loving embrace from him. It has been seven months without him, and after those seven months all she could hear was a question from a stranger. And she could only stare with his indifferent eyes that were seemingly not looking at her anymore.

 

"It's...it's me, Joo Hyun your wife." she was even surprised to herself that she was introducing herself to her own husband. She wiped her tears and forced to show her usual warm smile hoping that he will be able to recall.

 

"Joo...Hyun?" he uttered her name that as if it belonged to a stranger.

 

"Yes. It's me Jong-In, it's me." she put all her hopes in as she held both of her shoulders.

 

"Joo Hyun? Joo Hyun?" he thought for another moment.

 

"Remember me, your wife. We've been married last year, it just so happen that you got lost the evening of your birthday when somebody ruined the Sole Heir's ceremony. Try to remember it Jong-In. A lot of people are waiting for you, I-I'm waiting for you."

 

He suddenly chuckled from what he heard, a hunch of disbelief, "Mrs. I think you've mistaken someone."

 

"No, Jong-In. You're my husband." she attempted to get closer to her. This time, he was the one who swiftly retracted from her, and suddenly gripped on Soojung's hand tight.

 

"I know that I am an Heir...but I don't recall having a wife Mrs....I-I have a fiancée here...her name's Krystal, I'm sorry Mrs. but I think you're talking to a wrong person." he then briefly looked at the mysterious gentleman who was still standing in front of the door and looked at Seohyun again and asked, "Isn't he your husband?"

 

"No." she automatically protested and gave a brief stare to the heiress.

"Jong-In, I'm your wife. It's me Joo Hyun, please try to remember."

 

Wu Fan and the young physician Dr. Xi tried to help the pregnant young lady to stand up. She was supposed to reach her husband again but the two of them prevent her to do so.

 

"Joo Hyun, please remember how fragile you're carrying those two. It's Jong-In, but please control your movements you can't be reckless." Wu Fan reminded her.

 

This time, the young physician joined in to the building commotion. "Mrs. Kim, I'm glad you came for your counseling and consultation. And my new patient Mr. Kim is your husband. Mr. Wu is right, you should calm down, and I should let you know that your husband is currently suffering from Dissociative Disorder."

 

"Krys, let's go. I told you there's no good going in here." he tried his best to stand up alone, grabbed the heiress' arm as he attempted to walk out of the room.

 

But then, the heiress swung her arm off from his grip. "Try to recall Jong-In, she's Joo Hyun-unnie, your wife. I'm your best friend, and I just hid you from those people. Please, help yourself."

 

He forcefully grabbed her hand this

time, as his remaining patience was pushed to its limit, "You're creating such joke again. Let's go."

 

The heiress cannot let go from his grip anymore. He was already hurting her. "You're the one who's creating such joke. Help yourself by facing the reality Jong-In!" she protested as the latter began dragging her with him outside the room.

 

The mysterious gentleman suddenly gripped on the heir's arm, "Jong-In, Joohyun's been waiting for you. You can't do this to her. Please remember."

 

He started to berserk, and growled at the heiress face, "Krys, I'm Kai...and I don't know these ridiculous people. So please let's just go!"

 

He then swung the mysterious gentleman's hand away from him.

 

Though he understands that his young brother was currently suffering from a psychological disorder he couldn't avoid to feel annoyed towards him for treating his own wife indifferently. He knows for a fact that Dissociative Disorder is a kind of psychological inadequacy which involves defense mechanism, denial and creating of new identity. Thus, acquiring this means that Jong-In doesn't completely forget everything but rather denying who he was, and what he have in the past in order to escape those painful memories he has. Thus, he was also denying his own wife.

 

Dr. Xi read the mysterious gentleman's gesture, and started reminding him, "Understand him."

 

"I'm aware about that disorder Dr. Xi, I'm an ethics teacher, and one of my majors is Psychology. He's being unfair to his own wife."

 

"You should also know that there's no standard reference for pain tolerance. It's just so happen that you're mentally stronger than him." the young doctor reminded him as he tapped his shoulder.

 

The young milady took the split seconds moment of the two gentlemen to escape and follow the heir and the heiress who just got out of the room. She stubbornly sprinted out, not caring of her fragile state. She cannot do fast pace walks since she often experience bleeding, meaning she's prone to miscarriage and one reckless move from her, her twins will surely suffer.

 

"I'm sorry Wu Fan-oppa, but I need to follow Jong-In."

 

"Don't run!" he mysterious gentleman attempted to stop her but failed. He had no choice but to run after her, and so was Mr. Xi.

 

“I see that she really misses Jong-In.” the young physician suddenly uttered as they ran before her. ‘’Aren’t you tired of always chasing her and not getting love in return?’’

 

‘’Dr. Xi, I can’t think of that now, please…’’ he mysterious gentleman was obviously struck with the young physician’s words. He wasn’t really getting the love he was imagining that someday Joo Hyun will eventually give to him, and now that his younger brother came back to the picture once more, his mere chance was obviously thrown away.

 

‘’I guess that’s what Love signals our subconscious mind, it signals your intellectual mind to become dumb.’’ The young physician remarked.

 

Dr. Xi’s words instantaneously halted him from running. He was right, and he doctor was just talking practically.

 

 

 

‘’Jong-In! Jong-In! Wait please.’’  She even fastened her pace as she extended her hand trying o stop her indifferent husband.

 

As if he wasn’t hearing anything Jong-In kept dragging the heiress. Krystal was trying her best to stop him, that they appear scandalous in front of other people.

 

‘’Yah! Kim Jong-In, please let’s stop!’’ the heiress pleaded as she used all of her strength to retract from his tight grip.

 

‘’I can’t handle a single moment to be in here Krys! I want go back to California!’’ he held her wrist once more.

 

Both of them halted briefly as the heiress protested to stop in trance. ‘’You can’t anymore Jong-In, your wife’s here…can’t you see, you’re going to have a family. You cannot escape this place any longer. You cannot be like that forever.’’

 

A piercing signal suddenly made his mind instantly cringe with the latter’s words. His brain couldn’t process it properly, that as if he was bagging down.

 

 ‘’I-I don’t remember anything like that…you’re my fiancée; we’re living peacefully far away from here.’’ He suddenly pulled the young heiress into an embrace as he pleaded.

 

She cannot let her feelings govern her, no matter how much she love Jong-In. the fact that she hid him for months to protect him from the Wu’s make her a very selfish person, she had been a cruel person to Joo Hyun, no matter how good her intention was. Thus, it was the time to bring him back to where he really belongs.

 

‘’Jong-In please, don’t be stubborn.’’ She tried to held back her tears but it was useless, ‘’…You need to go back to Joo Hyun-unnie. You want to get better right?’’ she break away from his embrace and faced him. ‘’Listen to me, you couldn’t run forever, you need to face your fate h –‘’

 

Suddenly, the heir pulled her into a brief kiss. He wasn’t even listening to her. ‘’I don’t care about what happened to me in the past anymore Krys!’’

 

She would have wanted to fall for it, but knowing that the latter was not in a psychologically normal state she couldn’t and wouldn’t afford to. Tears gushed down through her eyes as she wiped her own lips with her hands, ‘’If you could still say hat once you get treated, that's the time that I will believe you.’’

 

The short scene was really painful in her eyes, painful in her heart. And it made her fall on her knees. She wasn’t used to seeing him indifferent of her presence; he WAS only looking at her. And by hearing those words he just uttered, it felt like her heart that has been waiting for a long time has been completely thrown away.

 

‘’Jong-In…’’ she faintly called his name for the last time as blood started to stream down in between her legs.

 

Jong-In and Krystal both looked at her direction and saw how miserable the pregnant young milady was.

 

‘’Joo Hyun-unnie…’’

 

‘’Joo Hyun!’’ Wu Fan insanely charged to pick the latter up.

 

But all of them got surprised when the heir rushed to help Joo Hyun not to fall down.

 

‘’No matter how hard you try to deny her, subconsciously thats what Love signals your mind Mr. Kim.  The physician was silently watching the four of them; he knows that his diagnosis was right.

 

A/N: Reader-nims, I'm really sorry for making you wait. Anyway, I hope you enjoy reading this chapter.