Time like Breeze Part 1

The Heir's Love Story

Days became weeks, and weeks turned into months. It has been five months since Seohyun knew that she's pregnant. Their precious babies were already seven months old inside her womb, still there were no traces of their father, Kim Jong In.

 

It was a Monday morning and Seohyun was busy reading Henry's Clinical Diagnosis - a book required for every laboratory scientist to be read and to know not just by mind but also by heart in their room's study area. She was preparing for the medical laboratory scientist licensure exam that was about to be held three months from that period of time. Indeed a pressure for her, since it's going to be held just a month after her birth period. Good thing Wu Fan has never left her all the way.

 

"Joo Hyun, did you sleep properly last night?" Wu Fan asked. His tone was apperently anxious towards the former.

 

"I slept, Oppa. Please, I know for the fact that you're here again to scold me." she warned the former, sensing that he would do endless scolding for the umpteenth time. The mysterious gentleman easily gets worked up and often scolds her ever since she got over fatigue from five months ago, a complete turn around from the calm person he is.

 

"Sure?" he asked in a prying tone.

 

"Yes, Oppa." she flatly answers the formerm without diverting her gaze to him as he turned the pages of the book.

 

Unconvinced by the slightly messy look of the young milady, he could only heave a sigh as he raised her chin with his hand and carefully inspects at her extra dark eye bags - the latter did not really sleep once again.

 

He shook his head and cackled in disappointment, "Joo Hyun, you really don't know how to listen to me don’t you? I told you it's going to be bad for you and for the babies."

 

"But I have no choice, Oppa. Licensure exam is fast approaching, I cannot waste a single minute." she reasoned out.

 

"And you're taking for granted three lives by exhausting yourself." Wu Fan immediately shot back. "Joo Hyun, since Jong-In disappeared, you've changed a lot. You may not notice it, but you've really changed a lot."

 

She lost her father, and her other half was nowhere to be found, that it's pretty tough to completely retrieve her soul back even if it has been so many months that has passed.

 

She beamed directly into the mysterious gentleman's eyes, she was about to sober but was trying hard to hold back the tears, she faintly answered, "Jong-In, I sincerely treasure his memories Oppa, but I'm not being like this because of him. My life is dedicated for my twins right now, they're father doesn't make me like this."

 

He knew that the latter was setting up a front in order to look strong.

 

"Hyun, I've seen you cry only for a few times, if you're upset, sad or anything I think you better let that out." All he could do was to pat the latter's head, feeling that everything awful that happened in the past should be blamed to him, and to see the girl dearest to him became miserable was unforgivable.

 

"Why should I?" She suddenly asked the latter, "You're going to be the father of my twins right? You promise that, why should I still grief?"

 

For the fact that he know that he couldn't replace the picture of his younger brother in the young milady's heart, he wanted the latter to cry all her feelings out.

 

"Two things cannot occupy one place at the same time, Joo Hyun." he suddenly blurted out.

 

It's still Jong-In, that's why I cannot occupy your heart.

 

"What do you mean about that Oppa?" she quizzically asked.

 

"Nothing." he lied, "I am also tired because of work. I just came here in your room to check if you've already rest and if you already ate breakfast." he then beamed on the untouched tray of food on the opposite side of the study table."...I think you haven't yet."

 

"No time for -" she tried to bluntly reason out, but she got halted with a spoonful of mixed vegetables.

 

"No time for that." he scornfully continued the latter's cliche, "Like I haven't heard that for almost everyday Kim Joo Hyun."

 

The young milady could only look at the latter as she slowly chew the food that the latter fed her without notice. There has never been a day that Wu Fan forgot to remind her about herself.

 

"Just eat at least half of it Hyun." the mysterious gentleman fed her another spoonful of food, "...we need to go to the hospital this afternoon to check if little angels inside your tummy are okay. Remember that you've became slightly anemic from two months ago, since you've been killing yourself from internship. Good thing you're done now."

 

The mysterious gentleman was indeed a filial young man, he cares a lot about his younger brother's unborn twins that as if they were his. Joo Hyun's not that blind to notice the latter's excessive concern was not just because of sympathy or requirement but because of someone else. She already knew Wu Fan's secret feelings towards her, and though she knows for the fact that it's still Jong-In who owns her heart, due to her husband's absence she couldn't lie that the mysterious gentleman was slowly growing in her.

 

"Wu Fan-oppa, you don't really have to do this..." she faintly uttered.

 

"I don't have to do what Joo Hyun?"

 

"I mean, all of these...you're always worrying about me, you're always worrying about my kids, you always take time to -" again she was halted feeling the mysterious gentleman's hot breath and soft lips on her forehead.

 

"Hyun, you and your babies are as precious as my younger brother to me. I'm their uncle, and Jong-In's not going to be happy if I will neglect you and your kids, right?" he then slowly patted the latter's head as he tried to look into her eyes. Though that was his choice of words, his deep orbs send signals to the young milady that she means more than that to him.

 

"Oppa, I love Jong-In and you cannot replace him." she randomly uttered. She knew that though her heart was already swaying because of him, it was still her husband who owns it. Hence, she just wanted it to only beat for one person, not for Wu Fan, but still for Jong-In.

 

"I know." he faintly smiled. "I'm not asking for anything, Hyun." he beckoned the latter to stop studying and rest for a while since she needed some rest for her check up with her OB GYN in the afternoon.

 

He patted her head as he led her to go back to her bedroom, "Make sure that you'll get a good sleep. I'll be here at around three p.m. to wake you up."

 

His heart was aching with her words, but then again he's happy dedicating his life for Kim family - his family that he missed all his life for living as the heir of Wu, and of course to the only girl he dearly loved, Joo Hyun. He is just so filial.

----------

 

"Mr. Xi is a good doctor, he could help you so don't judge him by his age - a twenty-eight years old doctor with two specialties only means that he is capable." Soo Jung defended a young physician, who goes by the name of Xi Luhan to her dearest companion.

 

"Seriously? Or you just want to meet that Dr. Xi Luhan today because you have a crush on him, eh Jung Soo Jung? Remember you belong to someone else already, you belong to me." Jong-In asked, obviously prying the latter.

 

"Seriously? Did your memory get messed up that bad, Jong In? “she shot back as she crossed her arms on her chest,” For how many times do I have to tell you? I have never been your fiancée."

 

Though the thought of being loved back by the person she dearly loved was already happening, she's intelligent enough to foretell that one day when his memory gets back in shape again and when his health completely stabilized, Jong-In will surely come back to become Kim's heir, he will surely go back to his wife and will leave her side.

 

"For once, I knew myself that I was born and raised by the name of Kai. And I know for a fact that you are my fiancée, Krystal Jung. Though my parents passed away and all the things became blurred for me, those bits of memories...they belong to me."

 

'Rather those bits memories of yours were distorted, I wish you've just completely lost it.' she mentally argued, as she slowly feels stuffy inside. Her conscience haunts her down again, for hiding her best companion to his own family without even contacting a single person from them. Her Wu Fan-oppa tried to keep in contact with her thrice, but since she told herself not to entrust Jong-In's whereabouts to anyone, she even avoided contacting with the mysterious gentleman. Thus, she just wanted Jong-In to be safe, for as long as Wu family exist she knows that the latter's situation would remain frail.

 

Now that the latter is suffering from Dissociative Disorder makes her conscience feel even more burdened, the latter is suffering from confabulation and fugue, meaning a distorted memory and starting of building a new identity of his own subconsciously. Maybe because he got traumatized by the event, but then again, sooner or later he needed to go back to his life. She cannot hide him forever; she cannot protect him for a life time, either way she will be crushed. Jong-In doesn't really belong to her in the first place, and he's only stuck to her all because of his distorted memory.

 

"Jong-In, you can't be like that forever..."

 

"I'm Kai, Krys...I'm Kai! So call me Kai!" the latter held both of her arms forcefully that as if he was going to crush the young heiress' small frame.

 

"Jong-In, you're Kim Jong-In, so accept your destiny!" she argued, as she pulled herself to appear firm in front of him.

 

But then the latter pulled her into an embrace as he felt frustrated due to her act. "Hey, Krys, I'm Kai...I don't care about my past, you're a part of it I know, but do I really have to remember all those things if I can make good memories with you now?"

 

‘I am a part of your past, but you'll never say those words ever again once you meet her, Jong-In.’

 

She literally wanted to fade away from him at that very moment, all she could do was to set her feelings aside, trying her best not to fall deeper with his words, for she knew that those words will simply turn into lies once he get on his trance back into normal.

 

As if she felt nothing, she pushed the latter away from her, and flatly responded, “Okay, we’ll meet Dr. Xi this afternoon, so prepare yourself, okay?”

 

A/N: Sorry for the long wait, I'll try to update the second part of this chapter as soon as I get my break. Peace!