Wu Fan's Heart

The Heir's Love Story

 

"Joo Hyun, please just one more..." Wu Fan was already begging to Joo Hyun to eat the third scoop of the porridge he made for the latter who was sitting soullessly and was staring blankly at him.

 

His frustration grew bigger and bigger each day as he watches her grow more miserable for each single day.

"Kim Joo Hyun..." he summoned the latter's name once as he gets no response from the latter. He moved the spoon nearer to and insisted the latter to eat the third spoonful of porridge then he shoved another spoonful of porridge for her once again.

She was growing thinner every single day, getting even weaker that she was even advice to halt her internship yet she still insisted and to comply for her internship by the day and take care of her mother who was still in the coma at night. She was torturing herself from work ever since her father died and her husband disappeared without notice two months ago.

Everything was slowly getting back to normal except for the fact that she became a miserable person she was never before.

 

One dawn in the hospital, when Seohyun chose to work and fulfill his shift for thirty-two straight hours she suddenly fainted in one of the pavilions of Seoul National University Hospital's.

Wu Fan found out that she was over fatigued, and was also two months pregnant.

He knew himself that it was quite off the hook for him, since he feels so deep for the latter. But considering his real stance in her life, he has no right to feel that way, which was to feel jealous.

She was advice to take a week of leave and was even offered to withdraw herself from the internship since her condition is very fragile to fulfill the duty of an intern. Since the mysterious gentleman and the young milady were not in good terms, he was not able to inform the latter of her real condition. And so was her physician because he knew the vulnerable emotional condition of the young milady at that time being.

 

 

 

"Here's another one...Joo Hyun." Wu Fan uttered to her in a rather authoritative manner since she became stubborn towards him ever since the rumpus happened.

 

"Here's another one Joo Hyun." he repeated as he tried to feed her, but the young milady suddenly shoved the spoonful of porridge away from her.

 

"You said it was the last one!" she screeched protesting hardly.

 

"You need to eat a lot, it's not normal for a person to lose fifteen pounds in a week؛ are you trying to kill yourself?" he argued without looking at the latter as he picked up the spoon and cleaned up the mess she made.

 

Within the span of two months, all he received from the latter was cold treatment, and scornful arguments. She never became that bright and warm pupil and companion to him again.

 

"Isn't that better to happen? Seriously Wu Fan, I don't know if at this very moment, that porridge also has mercury and you are slowly killing me."

 

It was very evident that she hasn't forgotten a single detail of the fateful incident, and her anger hasn't subsided one bit.

 

It was just one of those scornful statements he could hear from the latter. He wanted to explode at times, but it was a good thing that he is an extremely mature person that he could endure all the mockery uttered in his face. Hence, he just loves her a lot.

 

"Hyun, you have to eat. No matter what, you have to finish up this whole bowl at least." he spooned another spoonful of porridge for her.

 

"I am already full. I said." she declined as she forcefully stand up from her bed.

 

Her knees were even shaky that it was obvious that she has not recovered yet.

 

The mysterious gentleman put down the bowl full of porridge in the study table near adjacent to the bed and grabbed the latter's arm to stop her.

 

"Where do you think you're going?" he asked obviously worried.

 

"In SNUH! Where else do you think I will be going?" she stubbornly retracted her arm from his grip as she went to the bathroom's direction.

 

The mysterious gentleman immediately stood up from the wooden chair he was sitting and blocked her way. "No, you're not going anywhere Joo Hyun, I told your clinical instructor about your condition right now and he agreed to let you rest for a couple of days."

 

As if she did not hear anything, she just walked pass the latter.

 

He was left with no choice but to block the latter on her way, and when she pushed him aside, he suddenly grabbed the latter's wrist and was left with no choice but to carry her back in bed.

 

He put both of his hands on his waste and sighed in extreme frustration.

 

"Joo Hyun you need some rest I cannot let you work in the hospital today!" he uttered in a rather commanding manner.

 

Joo Hyun just briefly gave him a stern look as she tried to get off from bed once again but the mysterious gentleman held both of her arms and pinned her in bed.

 

"I know you are angry with me, and it's given but will you please listen to me? You need to rest! I hate the way you do that to yourself Joo Hyun. Hate me more each day if that's what you want but please learn what's good for you!"

 

"Why do you care a lot about me? So what if I kill myself from working? All is going to die anyway and it's just a matter of time difference!" she scornfully replied.

 

His eyes widened as his grip from both of her arms got even tighter. As much as his eyes were teary, he wanted to cry his heart out loud.

 

'Hate if as much as you want but don't forsake yourself because I love you.'

 

He stared at her for a moment with his teary orbs. His deep brown orbs say it all.

 

"What?" she screeched, pushing him back. "Why do you have a care about me?"

 

His heart wanted to burst; he cannot take to see her miserable anymore. "Joo Hyun, if you want to kill yourself. Fine! But please, at least consider that baby inside you."

 

He tried so hard to stop those tears that were already coming out from his eyes as he blurted out the astonishing fact that she was carrying a baby inside her.

 

"I...I'm pregnant?" she was still in a state of disbelief, still taken aback from the news as she eventually laid her fragile body in bed.

 

"Yes, you're pregnant that's why you need to take care of yourself!" Finally, he find the most effective excuse to persuade the latter.

 

She got literally frozen, as the fact slowly processed inside her mind; she immediately thought of Jong-In at that very moment that she subconsciously cried.

 

"That's my younger brother's baby, and obviously either my niece or nephew that's why we need to take care of him or her regardless of that anger you have for Me." he spoke, as he tucked the latter securely under the cream thick blanket.

 

She remained speechless, that all she could do was to stare blankly to the latter, mind still pre occupied for initializing what the latter just said to her.

 

He gently patted her head, "Please take a rest now." Indeed, she's the most precious to him.

 

‘’Jong-In…’’ she faintly called her husband’s name. She badly misses him, add the fact that she’s two months pregnant, it was really the moment she needed him the most.

 

At least let me take care of you in his place, even just for now if this is the only way I could express what my heart says about you I know for the fact that I will never be given a chance to say I love you to you Joo Hyun.

 

For the fact that his being was crushed knowing that Jong-In owns Joo Hyun’s whole heart, she was so dear he cannot pull himself to be selfish for his own - his heart.