The Rumpus Aftermath

The Heir's Love Story

It was a very crucial dawn for the young milady and the mysterious gentleman, for Grand Master Kim, Lord Wu, and Mr and Mrs Seo's life were all at stake for being poisoned by mercury.

Joo Hyun could not help herself to keep calm as she could pull her being knowing her parents' state - her mother was still unconscious though the physician already assured her that she need not to worry about her for they were already able to lower her mercury level in her digestive tract, while his father was still at his critical state which was bothering her the most.

"Appa, Umma please wake up..." she cried almost losing all her voice from crying nonstop from the moment she knew that her parents' life were both endangered and add the fact that she has not found her husband yet. "Appa  Umma, please..."

"Hyun, please sit down you can't cry like that until the sun sets this morning just like that you two should also rest." Yoona went near her best friend and tried to calm her from all the crying that she did and for her restlessness.

"Yoong, how can I when Umma and Appa is both lying there inside the ICU and my husband is not here yet?" she reasoned out as tears gushed down even more from her eyes.

The doe-eyed girl then pulled her into an embrace as she wiped their maknaes tears for her, "Hush now Hyun, I'm sorry for that...I know I'm not in the right place to make you hush now, but that's the only thing I could ever do for you. You're our optimistic maknae, right? Like in tests in school, be optimistic to face this kind of test for you Hyun..." she kissed their youngest forehead as tears also started to form in her doe-eyed orbs as she was only stopping it. She knows that even if she was on her best friend's stance she would most likely do the same thing.

 

On the other side of the hospital, Wu Fan kept on walking back and forth all anxious with his grandfathers as the two old heads of the Kim and Wu families were both at stake due to the mercury poisoning they experienced during the heir's soiree.

 

'Wu Harabeoji, you should have stopped all these things earlier. Look at what happened to you...your payback is earlier than what you have expected. I know for the fact that it's your entire scheme ruining my younger brother's event. I am grateful to you for raising me as I am today with all my heart. But look at what you've did to my Kim harabeoji, and to Jong -In. What's makes it a lot worse is that Joo Hyun also suffers because of this entire situation, when in reality she has nothing to do with our families' battle...why does her parents has to get involve with this that she really has to suffer? I cannot take it anymore Wu harabeoji, sometimes I wish, I'm just a simple person who was born and raised in the suburbs living a simple but a sincerely happy life with my family.'

 

He pondered, all anxious as he waits for the physician to tell him the conditions of the two old masters.

 

Several minutes later the physician came to approach him and told him that Lord Wu was already in a stable state and that Grand Master Kim's was the only one who was at his critical state, "Mr. Wu Fan, I just want to inform you that Lord Wu is already safe, the mercury level he ingested was fortunately lower compared to Grand Master Kims and to Mr. and Mrs. Seo."

Fortunately for the old lord, but how about the three elders whose lives were put at stake because of his wickedly evil schemes?

----------

The next morning, Wu Fan then visited his adopted brother Yi Xing in the intensive care unit of Seoul National University-Hopital's other wing. The serene-looking gentleman was on a coma due to the sniper's gunshot that damaged his upper interior part of his stomach that if he got hit directly to his heart - it will surely end his life.

The mysterious gentleman contemplates as he watched the younger man's awfully miserable state.

'I'm sorry Lay, if I was not a good hyung to you. But you cannot blame me for everything that's happening to you today, that's the result of the greed you let into your heart. The title Heir isn't all about the wealth under my name, it has a big price to pay? As much as I want it before, as much as I want to become Wu family's sole heir...but soon as I discovered the story of my identity and how awful grandfather Wu did that to my other family, I don't know how would I show my face in front of everybody. I hate how I lost my mother at a young age because of Lord Yunho, but murdering my younger brother's parents isn't the kind of justice my other family deserves. That's why I thought of being a Wu is very shameful...I have to carry the murderer's surname. Money doesn't make the world turn around Lay, I hope you realize that once you wake up. I hope you will, and I promise to take care and share what I have with you the time you wake up.'

 

Soon enough, Seohyun opened the door of the ICU where Wu Fan was watching the miserable Yi Xing in a comatose state in the ICU bed. She was definitely feeling awful for her parents' condition and for her husband's sudden lost and furious to the situation and the doer of the rumpus. She was trying her best to hold back the anger she was feeling as she heaved a deep breath to control whatever bad word she could utter.

"Wu Fan-oppa, what's your real connection between you and Yi Xing?" she asked straightforwardly, with the obvious tone of fury.

The mysterious gentleman flinched for a millisecond as he faced the young milady, "Yi Xing..." he couldn't continue to utter the sentence he constructed in his mind as he sensed the latter's anger. He was hesitating.

"Yi Xing is who?" she asked again, obviously prying the latter.

"He is my brother." he answered briefly, as he looked down on the ground.

She chuckled for a moment for feeling the frustration inside her grew more. "Oppa, it makes no sense... all this time I trust everything to you, I trusted you. And now you're telling me that you are Yi Xing's brother, you're kidding right?"  

She tried not to believe the latter's statement.

"I'm not...Joo Hyun." he faintly answered.

She tried to hold her fury as best as she could but no matter how much she tried to hold it back, she couldn't. Well, who wouldn't? For a daughter whose parents' life were at stake, for a wife who couldn't find the track of her lost husband no matter how tranquil, and kind a person is, Seo Joo Hyun is still a person capable of feeling anger.

Her tears started to trail out of her orbs, "So you know that this kind of rumpus could occur for a long while already Wu Fan-oppa?"

The mysterious gentleman couldn't open his mouth to reply a word or make a sound, he kept his head low. So the young milady pushed him a bit to make him get back in trance. "Oppa, answer me...do you know that this could happen all along?"

Her question was definitely stern, her tears gushed harder as if it was unstoppable as her face flustered - her temper hyped up.

He was too slow to answer, rather he could not answer her question as his chest started to quiver.

She then corrected her question in a stern tone, "Do you know that this WOULD happen all along, Oppa?"

"Joo Hyun, I know for the fact that Yi Xing and grandpa has something for the Sole Heir -"

Before he could even finish his sentence, the younger lady's hand swung hard on his cheek.

"For the fact that you know their plan to my husband, how did you not stop them?"

Wu Fan was completely thrown with the latter's question, it's was true that he did nothing but to verbally forewarn his harabeoji, and adopted younger brother Yi Xing.

"Hyun, I never thought that they could do such..." he tried to reason out, though he knew that it was a cliche to say.

Joo Hyun exhaled hard and crossed her arms on her chest as she tried to stop her tears as she questioned the tall gentleman in front of him, "Or you know this all along, and you did not do anything because you know that they're doing it for you?"

The question echoed in his head as it pierced his heart hard. She was doubting him, he knows that it never came across his mind but thinking aside of his grandfather and his adopted brother, the young milady was right, they did all the rumpus for their desired heir, they did it all because they want Wu Fan not just to become Wu family's heir but also because they want him to become Kim family's Sole Heir.

"It's not like that Joo Hyun." he faintly defended himself as he wanted to let tear run out from his eyes. It was the very first time from a very long time he felt like crying.

"Then what?" she furiously asked, "If you're going to say sorry for them oppa, I think I cannot accept that...my parents are there both miserable and I don't know if they're really going to be okay, and my husband...there's no single trace of him. I can't find a single trace of him!"

He knew himself that he also felt bad for not knowing the where-about of his younger brother though he knew that he is in a safe place somewhere with Soo Jung.

Thus, he chose to remain silent for he knew that whatever may come out from his mouth will not make the latter feel better.

 

----------

 

A day has passed; Seohyun has just briefly slept from a restless day of watching over her parents.

Indeed, that whole day for her was a complete torture for her physically, mentally, and emotionally all at the same time for running here and there for her physician's updates, searching for her husband's whereabouts, and for watching over both of her parents who were unfortunately both in critical state, especially her father.

 

BEEEEEEEEEEEEP...

 

The long monotonous resounding sound of a respirator suddenly filled the room where she was in.

She briefly looked at her mother, and saw that her breathing pattern was still normal, and realized that the sound might be coming from her father's respirator machine.

 

BEEEEEEEEP....

 

The sound remained still, she was afraid to move her head from her father's direction at that very moment. She froze from where she was for a second, fearing that it might be the worst case scenario she never want to face.

'Please, stop you can't leave us like this Appa.' tears gushed down from her eyes as she looked at her father's direction as she tried to stand up from where she was sitting despite the fact that her knees were already weak and her body was so restless.

She pressed the emergency button to call the nurses and physician to revive her father.

"Appa, please you can't!" she ran to Mr. Seo's side and tried to revive her with her own hands for she knew the method.

 

1001...Clear!

 

1002...Clear!

 

1003...Clear!

 

1004...Clear!

 

1005...

 

The medics came quickly and tried their best to revive Mr. Seo the best as they could.

 

"Appa please? Don’t leave me and Umma!" she cried pleading as she watched her father's unresponsive body being revived.

Still the monotonous resounding sound of the respirator still remained echoing the whole room.

 

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPP….

 

It felt like the world stopped for her as her chest was like crushed into pieces by looking at her father’s unresponsive body.

‘’I’m sorry Mrs. Kim…’’ the physician spoke, removing his sweat from all the tension he got after trying his best to revive the young milady’s father.

‘’Appa!’’ she made the loudest scream of her life for the very first time as tears became unstoppable.

The physician then faced her, and apologized once again, ‘’I deeply apologized, but I really did what I could do for your father.’’

As if she wasn’t hearing any sound, even the physician’s apology, she kept calling onto her father, ‘’Appa! Please! Umma and I still needs you, don’t be like this please?’’

She cried and cried until she fell down on her knees.

‘’Mrs. Kim, please be strong for your mother. And I am sorry once again.’’ The physician held onto her shoulder trying his best to comfort the young lady who instantly fell miserable for her sudden father’s death.

She then grabbed the physician’s hand and pleaded, ‘’Please doctor Jin, try once again! I know my Appa is a strong man, try once more, I’m sure he will respond this time, please?’’

She was like a crazy person asking for such miracle.

The physician couldn’t look at the miserable young lady who was almost kneeling in front of her and was begging, he looked somewhere far as he slightly squeezed the young milady’s hand.

‘’Mrs. Kim, I sincerely apologized I tried my best just now. All we could do for your Appa is to pray for his soul and for your Umma’s recovery.’’

He knew he sounded so cruel to the young lady in front of her, but what could he do; he was just a mere physician who could only treat his patients, neither a magician nor a god who could extend a person’s life anytime he wanted to.

‘’Please…’’ she miserably pleaded for the last time.

‘’Mrs. Kim, please be strong for your mother…you still have her. Think about the person whose still by your side right now. I’m telling this to you since I know you’re a medical student and you must be firm more than an ordinary person. No one wanted this to happen to your father, but please, you still have your mother with you, more than anyone else; you have to be strong for her. I’m telling you this not because I’m an attending physician of your parents, but as your mentor here in SNUH. ’’

The doctor was right, but Seo Joo Hyun is also a mere person, who just lost someone so dear to her. It was natural for a person to cry a river when someone so dear passed away, especially in front of her.

She wept the whole night, all alone in the intensive care unit watching her mother who was still unconscious. She did not have enough guts to send off her own father in the morgue despite the fact the she has to.

 

While Wu Fan was silently watching her outside of the room where she was in, he was apologetic to the young lady, he wanted to apologize, he sincerely wanted to apologize, yet, seeing her state he knew for the fact that it was not the right time to say I’m Sorry to her.

Rather, he has no guts to apologize to her.

He wanted to stay by her side, comfort her like he always does whenever she needed him. But at that point in time, he felt guilty because of his own identity, he felt guilty for being the original Sole Heir, he felt guilty for being the reason behind why the girl he loved the most suffers because of him.

Im sorry Joo Hyun, I didnt mean to become a Heir.

Her father just passed away.

Her mother was still in an unstable state.

And her husband was nowhere to be found.

The young milady might be fragile, and might have a good outlook in life, but she was not an exemption to feel awfully melancholic in this kind of situation.

 

----------

‘’1001, Clear!’’

‘’1002, Clear!’’

‘’1003, Clear!’’

‘’1004, Clear!’’

‘’1005, Clear!’’

Fortunately, Jong-In’s respiration pattern went back to normal.

‘’Is Kim Jong-In going to be okay?’’ Cho Kyuhyun asked.

‘’He is safe for now, but since the mercury level in his blood hasn’t not subsided yet let us monitor his condition for another three more days if the mercury level in his blood decreased by ten percent within the next thirty-two hours then let’s just say that his body is responsive.’’ The physician spoke.

‘’And if that happens, does it mean that he is already okay?’’ the witty sniper was rather anxious asking.

‘’I’m afraid not, Mr. Cho. But let’s just hope for a miracle to happen, since his lumbar bone was badly damaged right now, and based on the CT scan results the nerve endings of his spine were slowly becoming unresponsive, I’m afraid that even if he survive, he has to live his life paralyzed.’’

‘’Are you telling me that there’s no way for him to live his life normally?’’

‘’Like what I said Mr. Cho, let’s still hope for the slim chance.’’