The Heir's 19th Birthday Part 3

The Heir's Love Story

The most waited soiree for the Sole Heir's nineteenth birthday began. From famous individuals from business world and entertainment industry, Jong-In's family and invited friends gathered together for the Jong In's birthday, but more importantly for his proclamation of being Kim Family's Sole Heir.

Sole Heir - the title which every males in the world and even princes’ envies. Now, it's going to be Jong-In's turn to formally receive. It's also the title which males of Kim family have fought over a long time, but only the first born male child of the late Sole Heir could ever receive.

But it was way different in Jong-In's case. He's not really Yunho's first born son, yet he was about to receive the said title.

No wonder, evil omen like Lord Wu kept lurking over the family's wealth since the current candidate for being Sole Heir was intriguing.

 

 

The orchestra started playing the elegant melody for the entrance ceremony and dance of the Sole Heir and the current Milady.

While Grand Master Kim, Lord Wu, and  Mr. and Mrs. Seo sat altogether in the honorable's table on the very center of the mansion's enormous grand lounge as they wait for the couple to walk down on the left and right side grand stairs of the Kim mansion.

"Grand Master Kim, we're too honored to sit with you here, but don't you think that I and my wife are kind of too odd joining you and Lord Wu in this table? We could sit with Joo Hyun's friends if -" Mr. Seo tried to make an excuse for feeling embarrassed joining the old master in the same table but got cut before he could even finish his statement.

"What nonsense is that, Seo! You're Joo Hyun's parents, the current Milady of the Kim family, we are family. Those things are enough to make the both of you honored, because without you, my Jong-In's other half will not be here."

"My deepest apology for thinking so foolishly, Grand Master Kim." Mr. Seo apologized.

The old master was indeed a kind hearted person. His ways are righteous and are upright compared to other wealthy people, whose ways were comparable to dogs and Lord Wu is one of those kinds of wealthy people.

On the other side of the mansion, Joo Hyun's tension atop her as soon as the orchestra began to play the elegant melody for her and for Jong-In's entrance march.

Her hands went shaky, and were sweating cold. She tried to compose herself but it seems that self-composure completely left her at that very moment.

Good thing, Wu Fan, the mysterious gentleman was there by her side with all support for her.

He noticed how her breathing started to slowly become abnormal; the nervousness she was feeling at that very moment was no joke that she was turning paler and paler.

"Joo Hyun..." Wu Fan called her name as he took her right hand and gently squeezed it to give her a little ease. "There's nothing to be afraid of...we are all here for you so just be yourself and take the Milady's vow by heart and I'm certain that you will not commit a mistake if that's what you fear about."

She reached her chest with her free hand, as she gathered all her confidence together. 'Wu Fan-oppa is right I'm going to recite the vow because of Jong-In, definitely I should say Milady's vow by heart.'

Put your confidence on love, as simple as that. The secret of lasting marriage life that Jong-In and Joo Hyun must memorize by heart.

She briefly looked at the opposite staircase where Jong-In was standing with Soo Jung, who was unlike her, seemingly relaxed while playfully bickering with the heiress.

At times, she could not help it but to feel envious of Soo Jung for being the closest person to Jong-In, though she could not blame her, and she could not blame her husband for being inseparably close to the heiress. After all, she came into the heir's life several years later than the heiress. The two have been best friends like forever when she entered the picture. But despite all these factors, all she needed to do is to put her trust on her husband all the time.

"Kamsahamnida, Wu Fan-oppa." she was sincerely grateful with the mysterious gentleman's unwavering support, his presence despite his cold outward appearance was her undoubtedly her calming drug whenever she feels any kind of negative emotions, especially when it's concerning her husband.

"You're always welcome, Joo Hyun."

He silently loved her that was all he could do. He never thought of confessing to her as an option. Like a martyr ready to sacrifice his own happiness is what Wu Fan is to Joo Hyun.

All he could do was to stand by her side, and give her the feeling of security. Like a tough sage, as her mentor, the ideal Oppa who always look after his dongsaeng - at least he could do those things to her if she will never see him as a man.

 

'Now I know the biggest reason why you're turning back on me my dearest grandson. It's not because of your relationship with your Grandfather Kim nor your bastard younger brother Jong-In. You've thrown becoming the Sole Heir all because of that young milady with you. Do you want her that much? Yi Xing is going to do that just for you...'  Lord Wu was secretly beaming on his grandson Wu Fan and Joo Hyun.

No one knows if he's really spreading all the bad omen for the sake of his own grandson, or if he's doing the evil things to the Kim's Seeking revenge for his forsaken daughter Lady Wu, or if he's just and innately greedy old lord who wanted every cents of the most affluent family's wealth for himself.

But whatever may his reason be, he has done so much damage to everyone, not just to the Kim family but also to his beloved grandson as well.

Not far from the wicked old lord, the old grand master was also gawking with Jong-In, Joo Hyun, Wu Fan, and Soo Jung who are in the opposite staircase preparing for the heir and the milady's entrance.

Seeing the young husband-and-wife much comfortable with the other two, he remembered the night when he and Butler Kang entered their room to check if they're really sleeping together.

Well, they did sleep beside each other that night like a typical married couple. But then again, his intuition that those two were just playing along for the sake of the wealth was always with him.

And he has also proven it by himself that the two were really just playing along with their marriage during the same night of their play pretends as he and butler Kang was about to exit their room.

 

Flashback:

Both the old master and butler Kang have seen the two sleeping beside each other soundly. The view of them was even heart fluttering to their sight, seeing the young heir tugging on her waist as he sleeps soundly.

So he decided just to cover the young couple with the bed's blanket and silently left them together in their small dreamland.

"For some reasons, I still cannot pull myself to believe those two youngsters, Butler Kang. I know my grandson very well, and I can easily perceive it when he's lying to his old man." he mumbled to the head butler as they walk their way to the dim living area of the heir's room.

"Grand master, excuse my rudeness but please give the young master and the young milady enough time to learn how to love each other. Isn't it that Lord Yunho and Milady Taeyon did not really love each other initially? Lord Yunho was even worse than your Jong-In, he's even pushing the former milady away from him but law and behold the next thing we knew they already have their baby Jong-In with them."

"Giving them time to learn how to love each other, eh? You have a point there Butler Kang." the old master agreed to the old butler's opinion.

Maybe love at first sight was not effective to Jong-In and Joo Hyun, but falling in-love during process might work for them.

Even though the room was dim lighted, they were still able to see the young couple's traditional wedding picture hanged on the biggest built-in shelf of the room.

"Beautiful couple." the old master could not help but to admire the young couple who look so perfect for each other on the wedding picture. So he went nearer to it to have a better view.

But as he has gotten nearer to the wedding photograph, he saw a white bond paper almost crumpled that was seemingly like a note from a little distance.

 

He got intrigued about it and so began reading it.

 

I, Seo Joo Hyun, and I, Kim Jong-In, the fifth Milady and the fifth Sole Heir of the family agreed to void our marriage after a year as we are able possess the following:

-The entire inheritance and Sole Heir position for Kim Jong-In.

- The promised financial support of Kim Jong-In to Seo Joo Hyun for her medical studies.

 

We agree on fulfilling the husband-and-wife's duties under this one simple rule:

- Never fall in-love with one another.

 

Octoberber xx, 2012,

Signed by:

Seo Joo Hyun - the fifth generation Milady Kim

Kim Jong-In - the fifth generation Sole Heir

 

Remembering the childish contract that the two made themselves several months ago, and seeing how close Joo Hyun to his first-born grandson Wu Fan, and youngest grandson Jong-In close to Soo Jung the old master could not help but to feel a tinge of doubt to the two.

'Did I make a mistake for pushing them to get married? Jong-In, do you like Soo Jung that much? If you only tell that to me a little earlier I would have had let you be with the one you truly love. And my Wu Fan, you're supposed to be Joo Hyun's husabnd, you're the initial Sole Heir, my poor grandson.'

If only he was there all the way to see how they progress as husband-and-wife like the other elders inside the mansion, the old master would not doubt his flawless decision of tying them together.

 

----------

"Be keen with my cue, Jongdae even if you're going to sing all the way from there don't ever forget to take my words." Yi Xing spoke, to Jongdae over the small Bluetooth earpiece they use as their main communication.

Jongdae then briefly nodded as a sign that he fully understood the serene looking gentleman's instruction as he grabbed the microphone for the orchestra-band's first piece.

"Sooyoung-noona! Look! Look! Those two singers Baekhyun and Kyung Soo are my friends from London!" Chanyeol pointed at the two junior butlers turned singers who are with the orchestra to perform.

"You mean that small eyed and round-eyed singers who look like derps like you are also your family's butlers? Really?" the shikshin asked in disbelief.

"Then if your family accepts derps as butlers, then probably we could apply as Joo Hyun's coordi unnies." the tanned girl who was sitting beside the Yoona and across the shikshin and the animated gentleman joined the conversation.

"Wow Yul, you've spent four year taking up a pre-med course then you want to become Joo Hyun's coordi-unnie." the doe-eyed girl remarked rather sarcastically, "Take Soo and I out of that ambition."

"I'm just being practical Yoong, being a Kim's household worker looks like a lowly job, but hey their salary is thrice greater than of a regular medical staff in a hospital." the tanned girl reasoned out. "How about the that singer beside that Bacon you're talking about Yeollie? Is he also your family's butler?"

The animated gentleman was even puzzled for not knowing the third singer's identity. He was even expecting that young senior butler Joon Myun will join the two since they're thr trio who always sings in Kim and Park family gatherings but then it was only Baekhyun and Kyungsoo who was there, "I don't know him Yul-noona, probably a newly hired junior butler with a voice? Because usually it's Joon Myun-hyung who sings with those butler friends of mine, they're trio, and I and the youngest junior butler Sehun are in-charge of rapping whenever we perform casually in the London mansion."

"Will you introduce those butler friends of yours to us Channie?" Sooyoung asked, while making an aegyo infront of the animated gentleman.

 

"Soo-noona, I might introduce Yul and Yoong-noona to them but not you. And yeah, Senior Butler Joon Myun I already ship him with Tiffany-noona."

"Waeyo? That's unfair!" the shikshin slapped the animated gentleman's arm as she protested.

"Because it will become more complicated for Me."

"I heard you Channie! Don't include me with your pairings!" the animated gentleman earned a knock on the head from the fashion designer who just arrived.

Park Chanyeol may appear like a pure animation in front of everybody. But despite of being his animated gentleman his feelings for Joo Hyun's tallest unnie is more serious than anyone could ever imagine.

 

 

"Huang Zi Tao, good job for taking out Senior Butler Joon Myun, and Junior Butler Sehun for your geges.. But where did you put them?" this time Yi Xing spoke to the youngest assassin.

The fierce looking young assassin then excused himself momentarily away from Lord Wu, and spoke to the serene looking gentleman, "Lay-gege, as much as I want them to sleep at peace forever I used the sleeping fluid that you gave me and throw them on the far side of the mansion's garden."

"Are you sure that you used the sleeping liquids not the mercury? I've given you ten syringes, five of those and five containing mercury."

"I'm certain Lay-ge, mercury are those with silver tinge, right? I've used two of those clear ones." the youngest assassin reassured the serene looking gentleman.

"Just be sure Tao, be careful there. Now go back beside Lord Wu, and don't expose my name Lay in there, everybody knows I'm Yi Xing." he ordered Tao for the last time.

"Minseok-ge, are you ready there? Make sure snipers Kyu and Siwon will not notice your moves; you know that the great show of Lord Wu relies on you. Once Jongdae started the ruckus, it's going to be your full turn."

"I understand Yi Xing, poison the old master and poison the old lord as well just make sure that the old lord wouldn’t die. But the milady’s parents are also there…" the round faced assassin who was pretending as one of the cook/servant of the family assured the serene looking gentleman that he was doing it accordingly to what was planned, and asked for the serene looking gentleman’s instruction of what he was going to do to the young milady’s parents.

‘’Then include everyone on that table Minseok-ge…as easy as that.’’

The serene looking gentleman braced himself in his assigned post; he then started manipulating the CCTV, lightings, and media devices of the mansion's main lounge.

 

And as the orchestra started playing the melody of the husband-and-wife's love song the three vocalists began singing as the husband-and-wife slowly made their way down on the opposite staircase going to the main lounge of the mansion at the same time.

 

Girl, I can't explain what I feel.
Oh baby my baby, baby, baby, baby.. yeah.


‘’Jong-In you do it properly!’’ Soo Jung reminded her best friend for the last time.

‘’Need not to worry Jung Soo Jung, thanks for everything.’’ He assured the heiress without looking back at her.

‘’Go, go, go, go.’’ The mysterious gentleman playfully shooed the young milady.

‘’Thanks Oppa, I owe you a lot.’’ She warmly smiled back to the mysterious gentleman as she made her way down as soon as she saw Jong-In walking down the stairs.

 

Making a day feel like a minute
With you, I’m the main character of a movie
As if I’m about to film an action scene to come see you, as if I’ve become a hero

 

Soo Jung and Wu Fan could only look at each other at that very moment as the lovely heir and milady slowly made their distance to the both of them.

‘My heart is sincere to pave way for my younger brother to become this family’s Sole Heir but every time I look at you why am I wavering and even wishing that I could retrieve back what’s supposed to be mine, and that includes you, Joo Hyun.’ The mysterious gentleman’s heart aches as he watched the young milady smile happily for the heir.

‘Before Joo Hyun-unnie came, you said that there’s no one in your mind but me you could only think of? How I wish I was braver to confess my feelings for you earlier, now I’m full of regret Jong-In.’ the heiress tried to hold back her tears as she sees the way the heir looks at no one but to his other half.

 

Regrets, they only occur when things were already set and done, or if you did not do anything at all.

You’re perfect to me; I imagined
How would it be if we were together?
If only you say okay, everything is perfect, oh baby

 

‘Jong-In, as I utter the Milady’s vow this evening please look forwards that I’ll become the rightful person who will always be by your side forever.’

 

I lost my mind, the moment I saw you
Except you, everything get in slow motion
Tell me, if this is love
Sharing and learning countless emotions everyday with you
Fighting, crying and hugging
Tell me, if this is love

 

‘I was always alone until you came into my life. I’ve always been so childish that I keep hurting you all along. I’m so sorry for those moments Joo Hyun. I know for a fact that I’m more than fortunate to have you as my other half, despite all those we’ve gone through you chose to stick with me. If I grow as a better man in the future, you’re still and will be the only one girl that I would wish to stay by my side…and that will be now and forever.’

 

All the guys in the world are jealous of me
They must be jealous to death of me, for having you
Even after the sun goes down and moon goes down, it will never change
You will find out that I’m a guy whom you can trust

I don’t know why, this unconditional emotion
Did I ever imagine?
Next to me, you shine more brightly as I become a better guy

 

As the two completely got down from the opposite stairs of the mansion, they slowly met in the center of the lounge and held onto each other’s hands tight. It was the very first time they face a sea of people as a real couple, with no play pretends in mind.

Like in fairytales where the prince will ask the princess to take his hand and dance the melodious love song they hear, Jong-In took his wife’s hand and lead her into a slow dance like what they’ve done in London.

‘’It’s the second time we dance to this tune, remember?’’ the heir softly mumbled to the milady.

‘’Yes…’’ she briefly answered feeling the pressure sent by the sea of people watching them.

‘’You know the difference from before and now?’’ he asked, as he held her closer and gripped on her waist tighter.

‘’T-there’s a lot more people now compared from before?’’ she nervously tried to guess the answer from her husband’s question.

‘’No.’’

‘’What?’’

‘’Before, I wasn’t man enough to show everyone how much you mean to me. But now, I’m the proudest man for being certain that you mean everything to me.’’



If you wish and wish earnestly
Will it come true, like the fairytales?
A never-ending happy ending, happily ever after
I will trust you, protect you and comfort you
I will be on your side
I will never leave your side

 

Seohyun became totally speechless due to his words she could not find a proper response to the latter’s statement ; she’s used to deal with the stubborn, scornful, and arrogant nature of her husband. He definitely not the type to utter such words maybe that’s why her heart only flutters extraordinarily whenever he turns to her that way.

‘’Jong-In, I’m thankful that you’re rude in nature.’’ Seohyun randomly blurted out in front of him.

‘’What?’’ the heir was literally thrown by the latter’s jest. Seriously, his wife is learning how to pull pranks on him already.

‘But seriously Jong-In, I’m thankful that you’re not that good to everyone. It just make things turn to become more special.’

 

All the guys in the world are jealous of me
They must be jealous to death of me, for having you
My babe, baby babe, baby baby
I can tell, this is love
I will make you smile often like a child
I will make you feel the most comfortable, like a friend
My babe, baby babe, baby baby
Tell me, what is love


 

-----------

Soon as they finished the husband-and-wife’s slow dance, Grand Master Kim joined them in front of the crowd, and welcomed the guests, ‘’Good evening everyone, thank you for coming all the way here to join us celebrate my dearest grandson’s nineteenth birthday. I guess all of you know how exceptionally important this birthday to my Jong-In since he already got married several months ago to our dearest Milady Kim, this celebration isn’t just for celebrating his birthday alone but to formally announce the passing of the Sole Heir position.’’

 

The crowd clapped for the welcoming speech of the old master.

‘’But before I continue with that, could we please pave way for our young milady?’’

And the crowd started chanting for Joo Hyun, it’s time for her to utter the much waited Milady’s vow.

She then braced herself, shrugged off the wavering feeling left inside her chest as she walked forward to utter the sacred vow of every Milady of the Kim family.

If the four former miladies delivered this promise perfectly, and so do I.

With her confidence, she will surely deliver the vow flawlessly.

 

 

But then, there’s the serene gentleman who’s also ready to alter the grandiose celebration in to a total drama, ‘’Now, it’s show time everyone. Zhang Yi Xing’s going to make this evening a very unforgettable one.’’