Unromantic Kiss

The Heir's Love Story

It has been two weeks since the heir and mysterious gentleman fought with each other.

Everything seemed to go back into its normal state, they were even able to celebrate a descent new year together with all the people in the household and with her family and friends, except for the fact that Jong-In has started portraying to become showy, and somewhat possessive with his own wife especially in front of the mysterious gentleman.

However, though it's a fact that they are husband and wife. It gave her an extreme ill at ease feeling whenever she is around with him which made her grow even closer to Wu Fan.

She knew, even though her husband was acting as if nothing really happened, there's something inside his mind and there's something behind his amorous acts enough for her to feel bothered that there are several times that they end up with petty arguments.

It was the tenth day of January, a not-so-busy day for them, they were permitted to have another five days break in the hospital all because of Jong-In's upcoming birthday.

For a commoner, it's a queer yet a fantastic perk, but he's the heir, not just a heir, Kim Jong-In is the most affluent heir amongst the heirs around the biggest continent and being given a chance to have a five days break is just a small thing, he could even buy the Seoul National University Hospital who allowed him and his intern mates to have the vacation if he would really like to. So it's no wonder why being the Sole Heir of the Kim family is the most sought after privilege because it's comparable of being a prince.

-----

 

It was an extremely cold winter morning that people inside the Kim mansion have to wear thick winter tops despite that the centralized heater of the mansion was already activated.

Jong-In, Joo Hyun, Chanyeol, Wu Fan and Tiffany has their usual breakfast together, but the only weird thing that was table sitting arrangement.

Unlike before, Jong-In sat literally near beside his wife. It was already queer that the heir who used to love sitting beside the fashion designer in every meals of the day would choose to stick like he has been glued to his wife - well, maybe they could have realized that they should be closer to each other, or maybe the heir seemed to confess his real feelings for his other half and it can be called natural. But the dining table of the mansion's dining area was intended for a twenty-sitter table which makes his literal closeness to his wife looked more like a weird thing to happen.

To Tiffany and Chanyeol, it's looks weirdly sweet and adorable, but in the eyes of the mysterious gentleman who was also involve to what happened, he sensed that something about the heir was really wrong.

"You're getting thinner Joo Hyun; I don't want my wife to look like a stick on my birthday." Jong-In transferred some of his chopped lamb chops in his wife's plate.

"T-Thanks..." she awkwardly accepted her husband's ‘sweet’ offer. Aside for not really fond of eating so much meat, she wasn't really used of this side of him. 

But to no avail she ate what he gave her.

"I thought you're that prim and proper, but you don't how come you cant handle barbeque sauce?" Jong-In began wiping the side of her lips with his own table napkin.

"So sweet these two..." Tiffany remarked giddily while watching the sweet lovey dovey of the husband-and-wife as she turned her attention to Chanyeol and asked, "Aren't they sweet Chanyeol? I bet you're like that with Ms. Choi these days."

The animated gentleman automatically blushed by just hearing the name of the girl he was currently courting, and almost choked what he was chewing, "We're still n-not like that Tiffany-noona...Sooyoungie hasn't say Yes to me yet."

"How slow are you Chanyeol-hyung!" the heir suddenly budged in to their conversation.

"Look who's talking there Tiffany-noona?" the animated gentleman hissed to the fashion designer while giving his cousin a gaze of disbelief.

The fashion designer just laughed with the thought and defended her favorite dongsaeng sarcastically, “Channie, just give this time to Kai at least he knows how to act like a proper husband to his wife now.”

The animated gentleman beckoned the latter for a high five, “You’re right noona, finally after four long months of waiting he became a husband.”

“Of course, I’m a happy HUSBAND!” the heir started to boast, giving a brief stern look to the mysterious gentleman’s direction.

While the milady just chose to continue eating her breakfast soundless feeling all awkward from her husband who was eating so close to her. It’s not that she dislikes being near with him, it’s just that there is really something wrong with his gestures. She knows him a lot, and in her eyes, she was seeing a different Jong-In.

The mysterious gentleman just gave the heir a brief look and kept his head low as he fasten his pace of eating.

“By the way, what’s your plan in your birthday Jong-In…it’s so near. Since you’ve already married our lovely Joo Hyun right there is Grand Master Kim really going to pass you everything on the 14th?” the fashion designer suddenly changed the topic.

“I just want a simple party, but I doubt what Harabeoji wants to have for me… I’ll let him decide. About being the Sole Heir Tiffany-noona, the company’s not going to be passed over me that day he’s just going to formalize my acknowledgement.” He coolly replied, yet obviously conveying other meaning in his tone.

“So I still have a chance to snatch that title to you Jong-In?” the animated gentleman wittily jested.

“Yes you can, but No you may not Chanyeol-hyung. I’ve prepared myself all my life for it.” He coolly replied with obvious sarcasm not really intended for the animated gentleman but for someone who was also there with them.

“Too serious, as if I don’t know that.” He took a wife bite of his waffle,”You can have it all Jong-In.”

“Thank you Chanyeol-hyung, that’s why I really admire you.”

Seohyun who could also perceive what her husband was trying to convey could only give signaling glances to Wu Fan. Now she’s certain, there’s really something wrong about him.

I really needed to talk to him about this. She firmly decided.

-----

 

Few minutes later, all of them finished eating their usual sumptuous breakfast and went to their respective places to do their own businesses.

It was also the only time, in more than a month Wu Fan would be teaching Joo Hyun Ethics again.

As they walked to the library together, Jong-In voluntarily joined them. It was really queer; he will not really let his wife alone especially with he mysterious gentleman.

“Might if I tag myself along with you guys?” he asked, suddenly appearing from their backs as he quickly grabbed his wife’s hand that they all halted.

“Jong-In I thought you’re going to do something else?” Joo Hyun suggestively asked.

“Wu Fan-hyung, you won’t mind, right?” he asked the older gentleman who was with them, completely ignoring his wife’s question.

The mysterious gentleman was to no avail approved the heir’s request, “Of- of course Jong-In.”

“Seems that you really don’t want me o join in my dear brother…” He then suddenly tugged on his wife’s waist, “…I just want see my wife’s progress from her ethics lessons since it’s considered necessary for my birthday this coming 14th.”

The mysterious gentleman could only watch his pupil’s uncontainable uneasiness with the latter’s gesture, but could only reply, “Joo Hyun is really doing well. In fact, I only have few things to teach her.”

“That really great to here….” he praised the latter’s words sardonically, “I presume you could go back to China sooner.”

“Your presumption is quite accurate, Young Master.” The mysterious gentleman replied with obvious disappointed tone.

“It’s okay if you call me Jong-In, Wu Fan-hyung. You’re my older brother after all.” He paused as his wife retracted herself and quite distant herself to him. “By he way, how many more days are you trying to intend to stay here?”

“If I base it to Milady’s schedule I will have to stay here for two months…Jong-In.” he answered feeling the tension around them that he finds it hard to address him as his younger brother.

Jong-In neared himself to the mysterious gentleman and gave the latter a scrupulous look from head-to-toe, “Isn’t that too long? Or you want to stay here because of something else?”

They both knew what he was talking about, so the Milady began, “Jong-In I know there’s a problem and please don’t be like this.” She pulled her husband’s hand. “Let’s talk about this.”

But the heir acted all indifferent of his wife that as if it was just him and the mysterious gentleman who existed, “Am I right?”

“If it’s because of the sole heir again…I tell you, you’re completely getting it all wrong.”

“Then if I’m getting it wrong? Is it because you want to stay here mainly because of my wife?” he was surely provoking the latter to be jealous.

He was somehow successful in making the latter jealous, and a part of his intuition was really true. But because the mysterious gentleman is really a more compose and a lot more mature thinker than he is he wasn’t really successful in provoking him to erupt.

“I’m mainly here because of Milady; it’s my responsibility to polish her as the rightful lady of this mansion.” Wu fan reasoned out intelligently.

“I’d buy that since you’re really his Ethics mentor.” He paused as he projected a mocking smile to the mysterious gentleman. “…but be sure about that. You still don’t know, I have lots of things in mind especially when it comes to you.”

Seohyun could not hold it anymore and pulled all her courage to get in between the two to confront her husband regarding the matter, “Jong-In, I think we really need to talk about this.” She paused, and began protesting, “Seriously, I can’t get a hold of you when you’re like that! I hate that you have that pair of big ears but you’re not using it to listen.”

“Okay. Now you’re speaking, and I’m listening right now.” he replied mockingly. “Go ahead.”

With the scornful attitude he was portraying her wife’s patience was almost at its last, she held it for the last time and began explaining, “The diary, it’s with me. I got it in somewhere in the bookshelf of your mother. I must admit that I was wrong not telling it to you first because I’m really worried with the way you react on things and it seems that my presumption’s quite accurate.”

“So instead of telling me about the story of my own family, you’ve chose to tell it to my older brother because he is a lot more mature?” he asked sarcastically. “Wow, just great, you trust someone else more than your husband Joo Hyun.”

“You know it’s not like that Jong-In, and by your tone right now, you’re just proving me that I did not really make a mistake.”

“Or is it because there are lots of dire things written in there about my great big brother in there, and you’re protecting him?” he evilly smirked, “You must know me the most Joo Hyun. He began shifting his gaze at the mysterious gentleman’s direction “…that whether I knew that before or I knew it just now, things were already broken and Taeyon-umma and Yunho-appa left me all because of him.”

Once again, all the blame was put on the mysterious gentleman.

“Is that the proper way to treat someone who gave up everything he has behind just for his own brother Jong-In?” she began defending the mysterious gentleman. “I never knew that you’re this kind of person, I doubt if we get into a much deeper fight in the future what will you do to me?”

“It already came out from his own mouth Joo Hyun, I guess after I finished my lessons I really have no reasons to stay.” The mysterious gentleman finally talked but with obvious surrendering tone.

She then shifted her attention to the latter, “Oppa, you’ve been through a lot already. I won’t stop until this husband of mine listens to you and to me.”

The sight of his wife taking his older brother’s side stung his eyes, enough to boil the blended angst, fury and jealousy. So he pulled her from her waist and made her turn to face him, and began growling in her face, “…that’s why I always think you like him more than me, is it because he is the real sole heir and I’m just a substitute Joo Hyun?’

She was completely astonished with her husband’s aggressiveness; his possessive side was really evident at that particular moment “You know it’s not that Jong-In, I just want you to know that you’re -”

He was really that stubborn, he hated listening to every word of her explanation but despite of the fight they’re currently in and no matter how much he hates her right now, the deepest part of his heart still belong to her. He suddenly crashed his lips hard on hers, as he pulled her tighter as he deepened it without the consent of the latter.

While Seohyun was completely awestruck with it, it was surely not her first kiss, but it was her husband who was kissing her that that very moment. However, it felt so different, way far from the gentle kiss she was dreaming of having with him. It was unromantic, that instead feeling the butterflies in her stomach and the magical feeling she usually feels whenever he does his sweet little nothings to her; she slowly feels a tinge of disgust. She tried to respond with soft childish kisses, but seriously she doesn’t know how to, and as she felt that his tongue was already trespassing her disgust evoked her to flew her free hand hard to her husband’s cheek.

The slap he received did not really hurt; his heart was literally crushed into pieces that he was mentally hearing that it was slowly breaking down in to small pieces. He felt betrayed thinking that his presumption towards his own wife that she was into the real Sole Heir was right. He then slightly pushed her aside and berserk towards the mysterious gentleman’s direction, pulling the collar of the latter with both of his hands, “I just want you to know even if you get her from me what you got is just my left over.”

She was still feeling a little light headed because of the kiss, but after hearing what her husband just called her, tears instantaneously gushed from her beautiful eyes.

If I were your husband, I will never look down on you despite of this kind of petty fight. Wu Fan thought as he briefly looked at the milady’s direction and pushed the heir forcefully making him fall flat on the floor feeling suddenly enraged with his overboard behavior, and began “That’s why sometimes; I really wish she is my wife.” He then began dragging his student on their way to the library for their lessons.

“See? Your true color is showing!” Jong-In shouted like an insane person as he watched them fade from his sight.

He was literally becoming the antagonist of his own story.

-----

 

Wu Fan attempted to immediately start their lesson inside the library trying not to bring up what just happened, but the milady’s tears were as if from a faucet her tears could not stop.

“Joo Hyun…” even himself could not tell the latter to stop since the words they’ve heard from the heir was really hurtful, and what more on her part?

He then just pulled the latter on his side and gently laid her head on his shoulder. “He is just enraged, that’s why you should always know how to compose yourself, do not act like him okay?”

He began lecturing as if he was talking to a three-year-old toddler who has just gotten into a fight.

Seohyun could not help but to cry harder, and they stayed like that in a moment as the mysterious gentleman could only ruffle her hair in order to make her feel a little better, but when she almost stopped sobbing, she suddenly asked, “So you’re just also enraged when you said you just wish I’m your wife? ”

He was literally thrown with the latter’s question knowing that he honestly wished for it.