Christmas and the Other Two's Feelings

The Heir's Love Story

 

"Jung Soo Jung-ah, Merry Christmas!" he greeted his best friend childishly giving her a back hug.

"Seriously Jong-In...I'm really hating you these days." she tried to retract herself from the latter as she gets her focus back on labeling blood bags.

"Obvious much Jung..." he shot back bluntly retracting himself from the latter. He then decided to act pitiful, "You didn't even bother to greet me back."

"Sorry." she said briefly."...and Merry Christmas."

"That's the right way to greet a person this merry season." he uttered rather sarcastically.

It's been almost two weeks since she's been acting cold towards him, as if he does not really exist with her at times.

"Jung Soo Jung-ah...” he began to bug the latter again and started distracting her even more by poking her cheek.” Don’t you miss your handsome best bud?"

She heaved a sigh of frustration, he was really helpless and he really won't stop until he gets her attention.

"Don't act all cute 'cause you're not." the latter earned her infamous cold glare.

He poked her cheek again, "Soo Jung-ah, I miss you...you know I hate that you're avoiding me. Honestly."

'I miss you.' she also wanted to utter those words towards the latter, but for the fact that they don't mean the exact thing she just chose to shut herself from saying the same thing to him.

"Sorry Jong-In..."She paused as her mood softens and turned serious."...it's just that it’s so busy these past few weeks.” It was quite complicated on her part that she couldn't think of a better excuse other than that.

"I know we've been dead busy, but I've never thought that your temperament would turn out to be like that..." Fortunately he bought her excuse. "...but it's not enough reason to ignore me you know."

"Fine Jong-In." she does not want any drama to happen anymore. She pinched her best friend's cheek, though she knows she was just going to hurt herself by getting close to the latter again, she still could not resist him especially now that he is all sincere."...but please Jong-In, fix yourself because I hate you acting all childish, and maybe that's one of the reasons I am avoiding you."

"And what are your other reasons then?" he shot back with his with pure intention of jesting towards the latter but it caused her to be taken aback.

'Do you think I am an idiot to confess to you my real feelings?' all she could do was to mock the latter mentally during that particular moment. "Secret… why would I tell you, Jong-In? It's none of your business!" she could not do anything but to use her usual smug attitude as her front.

 

 

On the other hand, Yi Xing needed to double check bacterial specimens that were about to be processed so he went to the Body Fluids section where Joo Hyun was.

"Excuse me..." he tried to approach the latter that was busy doing complete blood count under the microscope."...I just wanted to confirm if the cotton swabs with E.coli's can be cultured now?"

"Y-Yes." she replied stammering still feeling a little uneasy whenever he is around.

Feeling the instant tension between them, he chose to briefly reply, "Thanks."

It has been weeks since the incident happened, yet the matter was not really settled in between them. Of course, Joo Hyun has all the reason to feel ill at ease to the person who stole her first kiss. But considering the fact that she's friends with him and he's the one who always "saves" her, she could not help it but to consider their friendship. "Merry Christmas, Yi Xing."

The latter was surprised with her sudden greeting. "M-merry Christmas too Joo Hyun." he then apologized, "...I'm really sorry for that."

She could not do anything but to bit her lower lip as she remember the rattled feeling she had during the kiss, for she knew herself that it was wrong and disappointed to herself for she lost something she wanted to give for her special someone. "Okay, you're forgiven, Yi Xing."

'...you're forgiven now, Yi Xing.' as soon as he heard those words from her a smile immediately crept on his face.

"Thanks Joo Hyun." he wanted to go near her again but decided not to since he might give her uneasiness again.

"We can't stay forever avoiding each other Yi Xing, and by the next two days you'll be here with me again...that's enough reason to make it up for that." she talked coolly not wanting to make a big fuss between them.

"Does it mean you accept me again as my partner?" he asked.

"I've never turn you down as my partner Yi Xing..." she paused trying to figure out the most appropriate continuation of her sentence whether she would shift their conversation another topic or be straightforward to the latter, "...just, just don't kiss anyone like that anymore especially when she's a married person."

She sounded so casually, she made it simple and light but deep inside her that reminder was more than anything else, because she was already taking consideration of her husband more than anyone else at that moment.

"I'll engrave that in mind Joo Hyun." he briefly answered. "...and oh, we still have two more hours before Christmas, anyway, Merry Christmas again."

For a pure hearted person like her, giving forgiveness to those who have wronged her was a relief. But far from her knowledge, is the real motive of the serene looking gentleman is.

----------

Jong-In yawned hard feeling all sleepy as he does his usual boring duty of washing used test tubes late in the evening. Seriously, he is the most heir of the most affluent household in Asia but who never laid a finger of washing their household utensils and plates but it's really a different story in Seoul National University Hospital where his dishwasher potential were becoming more and more evident each evening he will wash hundreds of test tubes that were used everyday.

"Kim Jong-In!" Soo Jung immediately slapped the heir's hand as soon as she saw him washing the test tubes without wearing any gloves on his hands.

"Waeyo?" he irked.

"Trying to get sick?" she scolded him sounding so anxious. "Why aren't you wearing gloves?"

"It's hard washing these when wearing gloves." he reasoned out. "Why so violent?"

"I'm not..." she defended herself,"...it's just that you're not doing it the right way."

"Or you must be worrying about me? Huh? Jung Soo Jung?" he started poking the latter's cheek with his hard full of bubble soap.

"Yah!" she slapped his hand off away from her.

Seohyun opened the door of the blood bank section carrying blood specimens on when she saw the all time partner having pranks with each other.

"Jung Soo Jung you must have missed me a lot." he laughed hard seeing the annoyed face of the heiress.

She knows herself that the latter's joke was so true, she misses him. But she could only miss him secretly.

"I really don't know what kind of bad spirit has gotten into you today Jong-In...Because you're extremely annoying." she gave a latter a cold glare.

"...it's because I was not able to play pranks with you for a long time Jung."he expressed."By the way, where are you going to celebrate Christmas later? And with whom?"

"Maybe at home, and you know dad, he have no Christmas and holidays in his vocabulary...so probably alone." she asked coolly as, she was used to it but of course like a typical person who would not want their loved ones to be with them on special days like Christmas? "Maybe I'll go shopping for myself when I get bored. Why do you ask?"

"Why don't you come to our mansion later?" he asked suggestively rather inviting her. "Chanyeol-hyung is also there, you're also friends with him, right?"

"And so if we're friends?"

"Come on, I'm inviting you."

"Thanks but no thanks, Jong-In." the heiress declined. "I might disturb something there...you know."

"Disturb what?" he asked.

Understanding what the heiress meant with her last statement, Seohyun decided to budge in. "Christmas is going to be a lot more enjoyable if you're going to celebrate it with us Soo Jung."

The latter two were startled with her sudden budging in, she often does it every time she enters the Blood Bank section.

"Why always like that Joo Hyun?" he asked holding his chest out of surprise.

"Delivering another set of work for you guys as usual." she emphasized the tray she was carrying with blood specimens on it.

"I thought..." the heiress was taken aback with another set of load."...we're done."

"Another set of test tubes to wash... swear I'm a lot better than the household's dishwasher nowadays." his situation was indeed helpless.

"Joo Hyun-unnie, can you scold your husband for not wearing gloves?" Krystal told the latter.

Seohyun then intently inspected her husband's hands, he tried to hide his hands on his back but it was too late so he braced himself for another nagging from his wife.

She then neared him and pinched his ear hard. "As much as I am preventing myself to scold you but Jong-In you're really getting a hard head these days. For how many times do I have to tell you, you cannot afford to be sick?"

"Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!" he irked retracting himself from the latter. "Joo Hyun! Okay, I'll listen to you." he immediately grabbed a pair of gloves on the mental sink he did not use in washing the test tubes.

"Soo Jung, I entrust you this husband of mine, you can hurt him if he's going to be stubborn again...he's not going to die anyway."

It surprised the heiress for seeing another side of the usual gentle natured milady - a strict disciplinarian. "O-okay unnie I got you."

"Jung Soo Jung!" he whined, "Look what you've done to me, why did you tell it to her?"

"Sheesh!" she gave him a devious smirk as she crossed her arms on her chest. "It's your fault anyway."

"Jong-In ah, you better be good don't try to piss me off with your stubbornness again." Seohyun scolded her husband again.

"Got it commander!" he saluted to his wife.

It’s the most unbearable situation he could ever be in having he two closest female in his life trolling him.

The heiress deviously laughed, “Jong-In, you’re funny. I’ve never imagined that you’d become that submissive someday, and now you are! ”

“Thank you so much Jung Soo Jung, seriously.” He uttered in sarcasm.

“Aren’t you two going to sleep even just for few hours?” Seohyun asked the two.

He then diverted his attention to his wife, “As much as we want to Joo Hyun, but with the set of load you’ve just delivered how we could?”

“Just bear a little Jong-In, we’re interns and we’re doing this for a matter of numbers.” She pertained to their grade.

“Then are you going to let me sleep on your lap later?” he childishly asked his wife, wanting another precious moment with her.

“I doubt if I will let you since you’re really stubborn all through out the day.” She responded flatly.

“But you still haven’t given me any Christmas gifts…I’m giving you a favor. Don’t you want that? You wont spend a penny if you’ll let me sleep on your lap.” He offered rather sounding that he was just taking advantage.

“I’d rather spend my whole savings then.” She coldly shot back. “I still need to finish some things…got to go.” And she made her way out of the Blood Bank section.

 

Being declined by his wife, he felt really disappointed. “It’s your entire fault Jung Soo Jung.” He hissed blaming the latter.

She shrugged the matter coolly, “Well, it’s your fault, because you’ve been stubborn the whole day.”

“Then you should give me Samsung Galaxy S III later!” he demanded.

“You’re so two thousand and late Jong-In.” she mocked the latter.” Later I’m going to use the first Galaxy S IV.”

“Then, give me that…we should be using the same gadget you know.”

“Maybe next Christmas Jong-In. Sorry, but that model is custom made for me.”

Like the old days, the all-time partners were able to boast and bicker with each other. Indeed, they missed being best friends, well, as of Jong-In’s perception but It was rather different on Krystal’s side.

----------

It was early in the morning when the husband-and-wife arrived in the mansion, Jong-In was dead tired that he went straight into their room and slop off on his sofa bed while Joo Hyun came to the dining hall o eat breakfast with her Wu Fan-oppa, and Chanyeol.

“Joo Hyun-noona, Merry Christmas!” the animated gentleman enthusiastically greeted like the usual. “Sit beside me and let’s eat breakfast together!”

Like what she was asked to do she occupied the seat beside the animated gentleman. “Merry Christmas, Chanyeol.” She then diverted her attention to the mysterious gentleman’s direction, “Good morning and Merry Christmas Wu Fan-oppa.”

Her smile radiates in the sight of the latter, that he felt warmth despite the cold weather of the season. “Merry Christmas too Joo Hyun.”

"It seems to me that you haven't slept well...your eye bags, they're all black and too obvious." the mysterious gentleman noted.

"Neh oppa." she felt embarrassed for letting the two gentlemen see her gaunt appearance.

"Don't worry Joo Hyun-noona, you're still beautiful for Me." the animated gentleman assured the latter.

"Well, thank you for that Channie." she warmly smiled appreciating the latter's complement."...I see why Sooyoung-unnie loves to hang with you around. You really know how to treat girls right."

The mysterious gentleman was completely bowled over with her words for forgetting that things especially regarding appearance should not be talked over openly with girls. He then retracted his own words, "Well, I'm not saying that you’re ugly Joo Hyun. In fact you're very pretty for me."

"Oppa, it's alright I like that you're honest with Me." her tone was rather a bit disappointed that gave the mysterious gentleman a more bothered conscience.

"Wu Fan-hyung..." Chanyeol called his attention."...next time be careful with your words with girls, you should know how to complement them properly." he reminded.

"T-thank you Chanyeol." that was all he could respond to the latter feeling all the pressure that he caused with his careless words.

“By the way hyung…seems that you really meant that Joo Hyun-noona is pretty for you.” The animated gentleman blurted his instinct.

The latter’s observation was really keen, he really mean it – she’s really pretty for him, in fact, the prettiest girl for him.

“I-I…well I find our Joo Hyun pretty, I think everybody sees her like that.”  He had a hard time to find the rightful words he could use just to mask his thoughts.

Unexpectedly in his part, Joo Hyun was rather disappointed with his last statement.

“So Wu Fan-oppa, you think I’m pretty because everybody sees me like that?” she bestowed a smug face towards the mysterious gentleman, and silently began eating her waffles.

“It, it’s not like that Joo Hyun.” Now, his situation got even more complicated.

“It’s really okay Wu Fan-oppa…you have your own preference.” Her tone was low, and was obviously disappointed.

He grew extremely frustrated as he cleans up his plate. He heaved a sigh of defeat before admitting what he wanted to hide, “Okay, for me you’re no just pretty, you’re beautiful Joo Hyun.”

“Do I smell confession here?” the animated gentleman boldly spoke.

The mysterious gentleman got all his nerves tensed up with the latter’s boldness. “It…it’s –“he tried to deny.

“Well anyway, got to go.” The animated gentleman stood up from his seat and grabbed his winter coat.” I still need to fetch Soo-noona.”

“It seems that I am the one smelling something from you Channie…fetch Soo-unnie?” Seohyun teased, she knew something was developing between the animated gentleman and her shikshin companion. “Yoong-unnie and Yul-unnie is with her too, right?”

“Well…I’ll fetch Yoona-noona, and Yuri-noona as well.” He was caught in the act, and sprinted his way out of the dining area to avoid the milady before she start an in depth interrogation.

“Sorry for that…you know Chanyeol, he’s such a jester Wu Fan-oppa.” She apologized on the animated gentleman’s behalf.

If Seohyun has not retorted the situation, maybe he would really suffocate from the situation.  What he said, though it was an enforced confession, what he admitted was true. “About that…Thanks.” He sighed in relief.

‘Thanking me? I was just kidding, did oppa really mean it, a confession perhaps?’ she could not help herself but to confer puzzled look towards the mysterious gentleman.

 

 

After they finished eating breakfast, they decided to go in the mansion’s freezing garden and watched snow fall.

The milady was like a little child amused on how beautiful every shape of snowflakes was. It was really cold, probably the temperature was at negative and she was only wearing winter coat aside from her scrub suit uniform yet she ran on the snow and played.

“Joo Hyun!” he called her name anxiously. “Get back here, you might get frozen there!” he signaled her to go back near the mansion’s side. ‘How could you play on the snow without even wearing mufflers and mittens?’ he thought as his worry towards the latter grew.

The milady ran to back to his direction and pulled him to the snow, “Wu Fan-oppa! Merry Christmas!” she randomly greeted him like a little kid who was in the mood of playing.

He tried to pull back the latter from the balcony they were supposed to be at, “Come on Joo Hyun, you might get cold!” but the latter was really persistent, she really wanted to experience the snow of Christmas.

“Oppa, let’s stay here okay? Just a few more minutes…do you know you’re like my parents; they never let me play in snow. I just want to experience it just now please? Please?” she begged.

He sighed in defeat, who could resist the latter’s carefree side? It was really rare scenery because the girl in front of him is innately reserved and would least likely to do such. “Okay, but just for now.” he then grabbed her hands, and warmed it with his hands that were wearing gray winter gloves.

They stood up near each other just like that under the winter sky. He was not really aware and seemingly under the latter’s spell, that he just held her hands just like that.

“Oppa?” she called his attention, and good thing he immediately went back to his senses.

‘What was I doing?’ he himself was bewildered with his own act, his suddenly felt a weird feeling encircling his stomach as he stared back directly in the latter’s naturally sparkling eyes. He then removed his winter gloves and gave it to the latter embarrassed. “Wear these instead.”

 He turned his back to the latter as felt his face’s temperature got heightened up.

“Thanks Wu Fan-oppa.” She wore the gloves that were offered by the latter and continued playing around.

All he could do was to stand still in his position as if he was already frozen.

“Joo Hyun! Kim Joo Hyun!” a familiar low voice of a young man summoned the milady’s name.

She immediately turned her direction from where her husband’s voice was coming from. “Jong-In!” she waved her hand.

“It’s cold what are you doing there?” he shouted and immediately ran to the mansion’s frozen garden where the mysterious gentleman and his wife were at.

The milady ran to her husband and met him half way, and pulled him to play snow with her.

“Merry Christmas Jong-In!” she playfully greeted throwing a handful of snow on the latter’s face.

“Yah! You just tortured my ear in the hospital, and now you’re throwing snowballs on me!” he whined gripping on his wife’s wrist.

“It’s because you haven’t washed your face yet Jong-In!” she laughed hard seeing her husband’s epic reaction.

For some strange reasons, watching the husband-and-wife’s endearing pranks to each other makes the mysterious gentleman feel a tinge of envy. It was sure not in a bad way though, but it is still envy.